• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Howard Dean does it again, opens mouth inserts foot......

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Navy Pride said:
I got a flash for you........When I voted for President Bush I voted for the lessor of the 2 evils........Kerry was not and option..........

Still evil.
 

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Navy Pride said:
The President said that the war on terrorism will be a long one and we might not know when it is won........Dean said we can not win the war in Iraq........There is a huge difference.........

His primary job is wo raise money for the democratic party and in that endeavor he is being smashed by the republicans.......

So, you admit that the republicans are smashing him, actively? Before you said he just had to open his mouth and that was enough, appearantly not so.
 
H

hipsterdufus

Deegan said:
Not at all, you are suggesting it's absolutely fine that it contain democratic talking points, and be controlled by left wing politics. This is why you are all for it, not for it's honesty, so just admit it, you want your own "faux news":roll:

Faux news is the exact opposite of a free press. I'm surprised you can't see that.

I have no problem with the fact that Faux News is a schill for the GOP.They do a good job at it. Faux news is controlled by the GOP, I just wish they would admit it. Talking points are disseminated to the "reporters" every day on what stories to focus on, and how to spin the days events.

A free press is nothing of the sort. The freeest news show I've seen - Democracy Now with Amy Goodman is able to take on ANY story without fear of repercussion. That's what I want the media to be able to do, good old-fashioned muckraking- - and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't want my news to be carefully controlled propaganda which is what we get from the corporate media.
 
H

hipsterdufus

Navy Pride said:
The President said that the war on terrorism will be a long one and we might not know when it is won........Dean said we can not win the war in Iraq........There is a huge difference.........

His primary job is wo raise money for the democratic party and in that endeavor he is being smashed by the republicans.......

Dean is WAY ahead of where the Dems were at this point in the last cycle.
There are also a lot more people donating to the Dem party than to the Republican party.

I think Republicans will always out fundraise Dems because of their marriage with big business. For instance: Pharmaceuticals gave $135 million donation to Republicans and got a $135 BILLION dollar tax break. That's a 1000% return on their investment.

They own the Republican party along with Big Oil and other huge off-shore corportations.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
libertarian_knight said:
So, you admit that the republicans are smashing him, actively? Before you said he just had to open his mouth and that was enough, appearantly not so.

I was just responding to hips mis quote on what the president said.......
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Faux news is the exact opposite of a free press. I'm surprised you can't see that.

I have no problem with the fact that Faux News is a schill for the GOP.They do a good job at it. Faux news is controlled by the GOP, I just wish they would admit it. Talking points are disseminated to the "reporters" every day on what stories to focus on, and how to spin the days events.

A free press is nothing of the sort. The freeest news show I've seen - Democracy Now with Amy Goodman is able to take on ANY story without fear of repercussion. That's what I want the media to be able to do, good old-fashioned muckraking- - and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't want my news to be carefully controlled propaganda which is what we get from the corporate media.


And I am telling you, Bill Moyer's is not an honest man. He has his agenda, and his partisanship gets in the way of him being an honest reporter. If you had chosen anyone besides him, you may have convinced me, but as it stands, you don't seem to be concerned with the truth. Despite what you may think, the left is not always right, moral, or honest, and you seem to believe they are. This was clearly expressed when it was suggested a conservative view be allowed on PBS, they went nuts, starting with Moyer's. He believes his, and only his positions, are the correct ones, while they may be true for most, it does not work well in honest, unbiased news reporting.

I am all for a straight forward news channel, and I believe we have one, and it's called The News Hour. This show is the example, and for you to compare what Moyer's does, with what Laher does, LOL, you must be smoking something my friend.:rofl :spin: :2wave:
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Dean is WAY ahead of where the Dems were at this point in the last cycle.
There are also a lot more people donating to the Dem party than to the Republican party.

I think Republicans will always out fundraise Dems because of their marriage with big business. For instance: Pharmaceuticals gave $135 million donation to Republicans and got a $135 BILLION dollar tax break. That's a 1000% return on their investment.

They own the Republican party along with Big Oil and other huge off-shore corportations.

Yeah, right:roll: but lots get back on topic ok.......

I notice you did not mention how Deans comments and the president were different......nice try though...........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Faux news is the exact opposite of a free press. I'm surprised you can't see that.

I have no problem with the fact that Faux News is a schill for the GOP.They do a good job at it. Faux news is controlled by the GOP, I just wish they would admit it. Talking points are disseminated to the "reporters" every day on what stories to focus on, and how to spin the days events.

A free press is nothing of the sort. The freeest news show I've seen - Democracy Now with Amy Goodman is able to take on ANY story without fear of repercussion. That's what I want the media to be able to do, good old-fashioned muckraking- - and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't want my news to be carefully controlled propaganda which is what we get from the corporate media.

I will agree with you that FOX leans right but there are plenty of liberal guests and cotributors that appear regularly..........That said shouldn't Conservatives have one television outlet? Liberals have ABC,NBC,CBS,MSNBC,CNN, LA Times and the NY Times.......Why can't we have at least one....Its no coincidence that the Fox News shows are the most popular..........
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Deegan said:
And I am telling you, Bill Moyer's is not an honest man. He has his agenda, and his partisanship gets in the way of him being an honest reporter. If you had chosen anyone besides him, you may have convinced me, but as it stands, you don't seem to be concerned with the truth. Despite what you may think, the left is not always right, moral, or honest, and you seem to believe they are. This was clearly expressed when it was suggested a conservative view be allowed on PBS, they went nuts, starting with Moyer's. He believes his, and only his positions, are the correct ones, while they may be true for most, it does not work well in honest, unbiased news reporting.

I am all for a straight forward news channel, and I believe we have one, and it's called The News Hour. This show is the example, and for you to compare what Moyer's does, with what Laher does, LOL, you must be smoking something my friend.:rofl :spin: :2wave:

Moyers is a left wing partisan hack........Every one knows that and I object to my tax money paying for his failed news shows on PBS.......
 

Simon W. Moon

DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
26,687
Reaction score
10,839
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
libertarian_knight said:
It's it's sentiment could you stop him constanly defaming me by untruthfully calling me a bush-hater?
No need to worry about NP.
per Forum Rules:
Not all disciplinary actions will be public. Furthermore, moderators are not obligated to notify general membership of whether a particular member has received a warning. Nor are moderators obligated to discuss any disciplinary actions taken against a member with any other member.
 

realist

Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Navy Pride said:
When will it end? Big mouth Howard Dean has dine it again in that he opened his mouth and inserted his foot by saying our military can not win in Iraq......Truly he is the best thing to happen to the Republican Party in a long time.....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/06/dean.iraq/index.html

Dean: U.S. can't win Iraq war
GOP says Democrat leader embraces 'retreat and defeat'

Tuesday, December 6, 2005; Posted: 1:37 p.m. EST (18:37 GMT)


In an interview with WOAI radio in San Antonio Monday, the head of the Democratic Party drew a parallel between efforts to hand over security responsibilities to Iraqis and similar efforts during the Vietnam War to the South Vietnamese.


Could this be a political strategy by the democrats: Have Dean and Kerry make irresponsible statements about the war, and then have Hillary look more like a moderate? or are they just being the retards that they are?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
realist said:
Could this be a political strategy by the democrats: Have Dean and Kerry make irresponsible statements about the war, and then have Hillary look more like a moderate? or are they just being the retards that they are?

I would guess its the latter.........
 
H

hipsterdufus

Deegan said:
And I am telling you, Bill Moyer's is not an honest man. He has his agenda, and his partisanship gets in the way of him being an honest reporter. If you had chosen anyone besides him, you may have convinced me, but as it stands, you don't seem to be concerned with the truth. Despite what you may think, the left is not always right, moral, or honest, and you seem to believe they are. This was clearly expressed when it was suggested a conservative view be allowed on PBS, they went nuts, starting with Moyer's. He believes his, and only his positions, are the correct ones, while they may be true for most, it does not work well in honest, unbiased news reporting.

I am all for a straight forward news channel, and I believe we have one, and it's called The News Hour. This show is the example, and for you to compare what Moyer's does, with what Laher does, LOL, you must be smoking something my friend.:rofl :spin: :2wave:

Give me an example to debate rath than just loose talk. Which Moyers story don't you agree with and why? Oh and by the way it's Leher. And just so you know the right strongly protested when he entered the airwaves.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
hipsterdufus said:
Give me an example to debate rath than just loose talk. Which Moyers story don't you agree with and why? Oh and by the way it's Leher. And just so you know the right strongly protested when he entered the airwaves.

Sure, there is this one......

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2002/cyb20021111.asp#1

And this one.....

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030421.asp#1

And finally, there is the latest of his angry, unfounded rhetoric at the "Take back America" crusade, where he condemned the right and claimed 'the unholy alliance between government and wealth' and the compassionate conservative spin that tries to make 'the rape of America sound like a consensual date,'

Any other questions?
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,518
Reaction score
15,437
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Deegan said:
Sure, there is this one......

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2002/cyb20021111.asp#1

And this one.....

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030421.asp#1

And finally, there is the latest of his angry, unfounded rhetoric at the "Take back America" crusade, where he condemned the right and claimed 'the unholy alliance between government and wealth' and the compassionate conservative spin that tries to make 'the rape of America sound like a consensual date,'

Any other questions?

I have a question. Does this site also point out conservative flaws in the media?
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
I have a question. Does this site also point out conservative flaws in the media?

Start a thread, this one is about left wing hypocrisy, and two wrongs never make a right, but nice try.;)
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,518
Reaction score
15,437
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Deegan said:
Start a thread, this one is about left wing hypocrisy, and two wrongs never make a right, but nice try.;)

I am not debating that. I am pointing out that you don't seem to cite objective sources.
 

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
5,528
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
I am not debating that. I am pointing out that you don't seem to cite objective sources.

They are his words, you can't spin that, it's up to you decide how you feel about those words. I happen to strongly disagree, how about you?
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
I have a question. Does this site also point out conservative flaws in the media?


If they do they are not on the payroll of PBS..........

Moyers, unlike most liberals makes no bones that he champions the left...
 

libertarian_knight

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
997
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Deegan said:
Sure, there is this one......

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2002/cyb20021111.asp#1

And this one.....

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030421.asp#1

And finally, there is the latest of his angry, unfounded rhetoric at the "Take back America" crusade, where he condemned the right and claimed 'the unholy alliance between government and wealth' and the compassionate conservative spin that tries to make 'the rape of America sound like a consensual date,'

Any other questions?

Holy crap. I just read the first few paragraphs, and that stuff is weakl. I've seen better commentary on discarded beer cans.

You said it was moyer's words, really? I see a hell of a lot of some other guys interpretation, lame interpretation at that, of a tiney bit of Moyer's words. The author tries to be clever and fails.

working people have money, they get it from working, they just don't have all that much each.

weak, try again.
 

akyron

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10,352
Reaction score
2,436
Location
Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
realist said:
Could this be a political strategy by the democrats: Have Dean and Kerry make irresponsible statements about the war, and then have Hillary look more like a moderate? or are they just being the retards that they are?


It appears to be a viable strategy even though Hillary will never win the presidential nomination. They cant possibly be that stupid.
Or can they?

Florida-based group unveils New Hampshire TV ads for Sen. Clinton
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
realist said:
I would go with Hillary over Dean. Dean is just too reckless. Who else do they have: Edwards or Biden?

They still have Kerry..He can run on his military record again.....:roll:
 

oldreliable67

DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
4,641
Reaction score
1,102
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A really good column on Howard Dean. Really, really good. Written by Pulitzer winner Paul Greenberg. Really puts Howard Dean in the proper context.

Here.
 
Top Bottom