• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

CattyCarissa said:

You evidentally don't read your own sources. The first one says:

The pregnancy rates after reversal on average are only about 50%.

Yeah, brilliant idea for temporary birth control, that. :roll: Who's been showed now?

Peralin - you risk yourself in some way, all the time. When you drive, there's a risk that despite all your precautions, someone will collide with your car. When you eat at a restaurant, there's a risk the food will be badly prepared and you'll end up with salmonella. What are you meant to do, go "Oh well, what a pity my luck ran out, but it's my responsibility for eating/driving!"

Last edited:
vergiss said:
You evidentally don't read your own sources. The first one says:

Yeah, brilliant idea for temporary birth control, that. :roll: Who's been showed now?

Peralin - you risk yourself in some way, all the time. When you drive, there's a risk that despite all your precautions, someone will collide with your car. When you eat at a restaurant, there's a risk the food will be badly prepared and you'll end up with salmonella. What are you meant to do, go "Oh well, what a pity my luck ran out, but it's my responsibility for eating/driving!"

You evidently don't read neither because I never said for it to be used as temporary birth control. And if you do read; you would know nothing is 100% safe or effective.
And you have NOT shown me nothing but crap.:2wave:

CattyCarissa said:
You evidently don't read neither because I never said for it to be used as temporary birth control. And if you do read; you would know nothing is 100% safe or effective.

You suggested it for my husband. Therefore you suggested it as temporary birth control. Or can you just not read?

I stated several times we want kids LATER ON IN LIFE.

CattyCarissa said:

Oh, so your own sources are crap? :lol:

CattyCarissa said:
If you did have your tubes tied you can get the procedure reversed; I know people who have had it done. I was impressed to find out they can reverse your tubes; I think it gives a woman more choices.

CattyCarissa said:
But I thought you made the comment that you wouldnt get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later. (There are doctors that are understanding that will tie your tubes if thats what you needed to have done to prevent unwanted pregnancies.)

So yeah, you did suggest for tubal ligation and vasectomies to be used as temporary birth control.

Last edited:
vergiss said:
Oh, so your own sources are crap? :lol:

So yeah, you did suggest for tubal ligation and vasectomies to be used as temporary birth control.

No where in my comments will you find that I said use as temporary birth control so read darling and prove it.:lol:

CattyCarissa said:
No where in my comments will you find that I said use as temporary birth control so read darling and prove it.:lol:

Again, You suggested that I have a tubal. Can you not read? Go back to Page 8

ProChoiceDanielle said:
You suggested it for my husband. Therefore you suggested it as temporary birth control. Or can you just not read?

And I stated LATER after you "had your children" then to prevent you from getting pregnant other "options". Or do you need to start reading also?

CattyCarissa said:
And I stated LATER after you "had your children" then to prevent you from getting pregnant other "options". Or do you need to start reading also?

No, go back and read. You stated that before I said I want children at all. I just took the time to go back and read it. I suggest that you do the same.

CattyCarissa said:

Not in those exact words, no. That's just being pedantic. However, to say "If you did have your tubes tied you can get the procedure reversed... I think it gives women more choices," or "But I thought you made the comment that you wouldnt get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later," quite clearly shows you to be encouraging it as a form of temporary birth control.

You're just being ridiculous (or delibrately stupid) now. You're denying saying something that is written in front of our very eyes. Why? Because we proved you wrong.

vergiss said:
Not in those exact words, no. That's just being pedantic. However, to say "If you did have your tubes tied you can get the procedure reversed... I think it gives women more choices," or "But I thought you made the comment that you wouldnt get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later," quite clearly shows you to be encouraging it as a form of temporary birth control.

You're just being ridiculous (or delibrately stupid) now. You're denying saying something that is written in front of our very eyes. Why? Because we proved you wrong.

Because she knows that she is wrong and looks like a total horses ass.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

If you engage in consensual sex that you made that choice to get preganate.

Peralin said:
Good point, you sure showed danielle that time. And actually, I don't think she does research anything beforehand. Usually she'll just say "get a hobby" if you try to throw facts at her, so let's see what type of response she has to back herself out of this one.

Thank you. :2dance:
She also says "you paying for it" or "a male vasectomy is not reverseable". She just makes excuses like now. When you give them (Danielle & Vergiss) facts, not to trash them or their decisions, just to inform them of other choices other than their "easy way out"; All they can ever do is sling insults. They will not listen to anything. So I guess you cannot talk with someone who isn't listening.

Last edited:
CattyCarissa said:
Thank you. :2dance:
She also says "you paying for it" or "a male vasectomy is not reverseable". She just makes excuses like now. When you give them (Danielle & Vergiss) facts, not to trash them or their decisions, just to inform them of other choices other than their "easy way out"; All they can ever do is sling insults. They will not listen to anything. So I guess you cannot talk with someone who isn't listening.

I do not need to provide facts for my reproductive choices.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
You paying for it?

What difference does that make? I thought your argument was that it was impossible to reverse!

ProChoiceDanielle said:
They help if you know how to use them properly. But unfortunatly since our lovely Christian President has cut funding for sexual education classes so that he can add more money to abstance only classes, the number of STD's in children/teens and unwanted pregnancies amoung that age group has also gone up. Not to mention the number of abortions has taken a rise in the years that he has been in office.

I'm pretty sure that teenage sex has increased also since Bush has become president, so maybe that has some reson for your two pieces of evidence. The more teen sex, the more abortions, the more sexual diseases. They are related. Nothing to do with his actions, they would have all gone up anyway.

Not if you were using birth control.

You still make the choice to engange in that behavior.

vergiss said:
You evidentally don't read your own sources. The first one says: "The pregnancy rates after reversal on average are only about 50%"

Actually, you've still been showed. Danielle said that a male vasectomy could not be reversed. Catty said that it could and provided evidence. Catty never said that it was 100% reliable, or that Danielle should try it. However, Catty did prove that Danielle was wrong, so don't even try to deny this.

Sure, you win one part. That male vasectomy doesn't always work. Congradulations! Oh, wait, no one ever said that it did! You just won an argument against no one? Who's been showed now?

vergiss said:

True, you are always at risk. However, sex was meant for reproduction, like it or not. The purpose of eating food isn't to get salmonella, and the purpose of driving isn't to crash it. However, the purpose of sex is to reproduce.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

Catty did say that it was an option, but she(?) never said that it was 100% reliable. Can you read??

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Because she knows that she is wrong and looks like a total horses ass.

Wow, way-to-go with the insults again! You and Vergiss are just flooding with love, let me tell ya!

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I do not need to provide facts for my reproductive choices.

No, but you need to provide facts to back up your beliefs or else we'll all just think that you are an idiot! (You deserved that one!)

CattyCarissa said:

You're right, you never told her to use it as a temporary birth control. You simply threw out the option, for her to decide for herself. You only said that it could be done, and that it could be reversed (and that's why they can't find exact quotes to prove you wrong).

Peralin said:
You're right, you never told her to use it as a temporary birth control. You simply threw out the option, for her to decide for herself. You only said that it could be done, and that it could be reversed (and that's why they can't find exact quotes to prove you wrong).

You just said there that she suggested it as an idea for temporary birth control. She repeated that it was a "choice" in her last post. That's what we're saying was a bad idea, not that we said she "told" us to use it as temporary birth control. If you want to remain credible, don't put words in our mouths our of desperation.

That is why she was showed - because she said vasectomies and tubal ligations are an option for temporary birth control, whereas we proved with her own sources that it is a bad choice to use them in that manner.

Also, it's kind of amusing that you two whinge about slinging insults, when you're no stranger that behaviour yourselves. So you can add "hypocrite" to your list of idiocies.

Jamesrage - how can you think that you know more than Danielle and I regarding contraception and the like when you repeatedly spell "pregnant" incorrectly? I'm not going to be told what to do by someone who must be A: stupid or B: ten years old. Just a tip: you can't get knocked up by kissing someone.

Last edited:
Peralin said:
No, but you need to provide facts to back up your beliefs or else we'll all just think that you are an idiot! (You deserved that one!)

I do not NEED to provide facts on what I personally believe either.
LOL! You are just too cute with your comments too!

Peralin said:

Um, Actually I did. And I sited Page 8...

Back
Top Bottom