• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

ProChoiceDanielle said:
That is not opinion, that is UH fact man. If a woman wants to become pregnant, she obviously is not going to use birth control!

You need to stay on the point. You are asking how one would feel if we were pregnant against our will. I am telling you that in more then 90% of cases a woman is pregnant because she consented to sex. So it is not against her will. You then try and say that using BC shows that a woman is not consenting to pregnancy. That is an opinion, she may not want to say she is consenting to pregnancy but there is only one form of BC that is 100% and if she is having sex that form is long gone. She is willingly taking the risk of becoming pregnant, therefore she is not pregnant against her will. You started the thread now stay on the topic.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
No birth control is 100%. And until there is a form of birth control that is 100% there will be a need for safe and legal abortion.

I am a married woman, and I am NOT going to stop having sex with my husband simply because we do not want children right now.

So instead you will kill another human instead of take responsibility for your actions. Yeah, that is such a good solution.:roll:

ProChoiceDanielle said:
When men can become pregnant, then they can make a choice about becoming a parent.

Until then, I suggest that EVERY man speaks with a woman about their stance on abortion.

So this means you favor men not having to pay child support for children that women decide to keep. I mean if it is none of his business, that should include their wallet.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
It doesn't matter. Because these is nothing like that, that comes with abortion. This is the choice that my husband and I have made.

Vague posted clear evidence to support her argument and the best you have is just to say that it doesn't exist. Show your proof. Put up something to support your opinion. Also you have clearly skipped over some posts that made a clear challenge to you. It appears you don't like having your opinion questioned because you can't back it up. You have just bought into all the PC BS of misinformation they spew on a regular basis. If you think I am wrong on this then let's see more then these cheap one liners that clearly are your opinion only. Let's see you back up your statements, otherwise it is clear you are nothing more then an uninformed abortion supporter and you really have no idea what goes on in an abortion.

blogger31 said:
So this means you favor men not having to pay child support for children that women decide to keep. I mean if it is none of his business, that should include their wallet.

Nope, it means that if a man decides to have sex with a woman, he should know whether or not she is pro life or pro choice, and what her views are on having a child at this moment in time. BEFORE he has sex with her.

blogger31 said:
So instead you will kill another human instead of take responsibility for your actions. Yeah, that is such a good solution.:roll:

I would take responsibility, by having an abortion. And not bringing a child into the world that is not wanted and I cannot afford or care for.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Still does not matter. My husband and I do not want children, and are not in a position to have kids right now. Abortion it would be.

You know what, that's great. I am not trying to tell you what to do. What I am doing is shooting down your arguments for abortion. Since you have no comebacks to my arguments, I am assuming that you have conceded your point. If not, I suggest that you reply to my posts with something other than "Still does not matter".

I realize that there are some people who are so stubborn that they will stick with their belief no matter how badly they are beaten. If you refuse to change no matter what, then there is nothing I can do for you except continue to shoot down your posts.

blogger31 said:
Vague posted clear evidence to support her argument and the best you have is just to say that it doesn't exist. Show your proof. Put up something to support your opinion. Also you have clearly skipped over some posts that made a clear challenge to you. It appears you don't like having your opinion questioned because you can't back it up. You have just bought into all the PC BS of misinformation they spew on a regular basis. If you think I am wrong on this then let's see more then these cheap one liners that clearly are your opinion only. Let's see you back up your statements, otherwise it is clear you are nothing more then an uninformed abortion supporter and you really have no idea what goes on in an abortion.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I would take responsibility, by having an abortion. And not bringing a child into the world that is not wanted and I cannot afford or care for.

And would you rather be born into the world and grow up in an orphanage or be killed before you see daylight?

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Nope, it means that if a man decides to have sex with a woman, he should know whether or not she is pro life or pro choice, and what her views are on having a child at this moment in time. BEFORE he has sex with her.

Interesting, so you do not favor equality between the sexes. If a woman makes less then a man doing the same job no problem right? Or are you only in favor of equality when it is in favor of the woman?:roll: Your statement towards men shows you are clearly sexist in your nature of abortion, that is a two way street.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

I see you have again skipped over the posts that challenges your intellect, and decided to respond to posts where you can put more of your simple one liners that does nothing more then prove you can't back up your argument.

ProMurderDanille,

I see you are incapable of rising to my challenge and defend your positions, which means you concede defeat of your hypocritical position

***DO NOT SKIP THIS CHALLENGE***​

IValueFreedom said:
If a woman has sex, even when using birth control, and becomes pregnant, how did she not consent to the risk of pregnancy? As I submit that she did, how is she therefore not responsible for the child?

You have already conceded that birth control is not 100% effective. You know this from the packaging and/or doctors. As such, you realize that you're taking a risk. Sure, a very slight risk, but a risk nonetheless.

By saying that you never wanted this, how does that make you not responsible? You consented, even if you don't want to admit it. You know that the possibility exists, you're taking the chance, if you get "unlucky" and become pregnant, you're not less responsible than if you hadn't taken the contraceptive.

I challenge you, please, show the errors of my argument. But do so with facts, logic, and/or reasoning, not opinions. I will call you on all opinions, so don't be surprised about this. I am totally willing to see your side because as of two weeks ago, I would have considered myself "pro-choice." Yet, the longer I think about it, my ethics point me towards "pro-life" in this case.

If you do not respond this time to my questions, everyone in this thread will know that you concede that you cannot or are consciously unwilling to prove your views on abortion. They are your opinions and you're entitled to them, but you cannot or are consciously unwilling to back them up with logic or reasoning.

Last edited:
Peralin said:
You know what, that's great. I am not trying to tell you what to do. What I am doing is shooting down your arguments for abortion. Since you have no comebacks to my arguments, I am assuming that you have conceded your point. If not, I suggest that you reply to my posts with something other than "Still does not matter".

I realize that there are some people who are so stubborn that they will stick with their belief no matter how badly they are beaten. If you refuse to change no matter what, then there is nothing I can do for you except continue to shoot down your posts.

LOL!! Keep thinkin that!

Peralin said:
And would you rather be born into the world and grow up in an orphanage or be killed before you see daylight?

I have already stated that. I will abort. I am not putting ANY child up for adoption.

blogger31 said:
I see you have again skipped over the posts that challenges your intellect, and decided to respond to posts where you can put more of your simple one liners that does nothing more then prove you can't back up your argument.

I have backed it up several times. If you dont like the way I back it up, don't ready my posts.

IValueFreedom said:
***DO NOT SKIP THIS CHALLENGE***​

If you do not respond this time to my questions, everyone in this thread will know that you concede that you cannot or are consciously unwilling to prove your views on abortion. They are your opinions and you're entitled to them, but you cannot or are consciously unwilling to back them up with logic or reasoning.

I have backed them up several times. Learn to read.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

You haven't backed up anything! For example, I wrote this:

"And no one is saying that you should stop. All I was saying is that if the birth control would fail and you would become pregnant, it is your own fault and you should accept the responsibility of giving birth. There is no reason to abort the child simply because you don't feel like going through a pregnancy.

As IndiConservative said earlier in the thread, sexual intercourse is designed for reproduction, and, in my opinion, if you are too lazy to go through with a pregnancy which you asked for by having sex in the first place then you are completely irresponsible.

If you absolutely do not want a child then why, why are you having sex in the first place? For some reason people think that it is impossible to live without sex, and it isn't. However, if you want to try sex with birth control, that's fine, just don't act all innocent when you find out that you are pregnant!

The truth is, nobody knows for sure whether the fetus is a human being or not. So wouldn't it be a good idea to play it safe and just go through with the pregnancy. Isn't it better to go through with it than to possibly kill another human being? Sure, I'm pro-life, but even if I wasn't, I would agree that this logic makes sense. Since there is a good chance that the fetus is a living human being (and no one can prove that it is not), it would be very irresponsible and ignorant to have an abortion."

And what did you come back with?? This:

"Still does not matter. My husband and I do not want children, and are not in a position to have kids right now. Abortion it would be."

Is that a good comeback? No, it isn't. This is just one of several posts that you have simply ignored because they show that you are wrong. You're the one who started this thread, maybe you should back up your reasoning so that we see that you at least know what you are talking about. Saying "Still doesn't matter" is not going to help you in any way, you need to respond to our posts. No matter what you say, you haven't done it. In fact, why don't you do it now?? Respond to my post right here, and then respond to the post by IValueFreedom. If you think you can do it, go ahead. If not, we'll just assume that we've won this argument. And I don't want any more of those one-line replies, those don't work. I want a full reply this time.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

I must have missed it.

Please, show me again the defense or you will be considered unable/unwilling to defend your position with logic and reasoning. Opinions don't back up anything.

Peralin said:
You haven't backed up anything! For example, I wrote this:

"And no one is saying that you should stop. All I was saying is that if the birth control would fail and you would become pregnant, it is your own fault and you should accept the responsibility of giving birth. There is no reason to abort the child simply because you don't feel like going through a pregnancy.

As IndiConservative said earlier in the thread, sexual intercourse is designed for reproduction, and, in my opinion, if you are too lazy to go through with a pregnancy which you asked for by having sex in the first place then you are completely irresponsible.

If you absolutely do not want a child then why, why are you having sex in the first place? For some reason people think that it is impossible to live without sex, and it isn't. However, if you want to try sex with birth control, that's fine, just don't act all innocent when you find out that you are pregnant!

The truth is, nobody knows for sure whether the fetus is a human being or not. So wouldn't it be a good idea to play it safe and just go through with the pregnancy. Isn't it better to go through with it than to possibly kill another human being? Sure, I'm pro-life, but even if I wasn't, I would agree that this logic makes sense. Since there is a good chance that the fetus is a living human being (and no one can prove that it is not), it would be very irresponsible and ignorant to have an abortion."

And what did you come back with?? This:

"Still does not matter. My husband and I do not want children, and are not in a position to have kids right now. Abortion it would be."

Is that a good comeback? No, it isn't. This is just one of several posts that you have simply ignored because they show that you are wrong. You're the one who started this thread, maybe you should back up your reasoning so that we see that you at least know what you are talking about. Saying "Still doesn't matter" is not going to help you in any way, you need to respond to our posts. No matter what you say, you haven't done it. In fact, why don't you do it now?? Respond to my post right here, and then respond to the post by IValueFreedom. If you think you can do it, go ahead. If not, we'll just assume that we've won this argument. And I don't want any more of those one-line replies, those don't work. I want a full reply this time.

My question to you is. If I am using my birth control correctly, and consistantly. How would it be MY fault if it failed and I became pregnant?

How's this for a good response, prochoicedanielle? You've evaded this post several times, now if you think you can, tear it apart. This is a perfect response to your question, and I gotta say that IValueFreedom really knows what he's talking about. So go ahead, rip it apart as best you can!

IValueFreedom said:
If a woman has sex, even when using birth control, and becomes pregnant, how did she not consent to the risk of pregnancy? As I submit that she did, how is she therefore not responsible for the child?

You have already conceded that birth control is not 100% effective. You know this from the packaging and/or doctors. As such, you realize that you're taking a risk. Sure, a very slight risk, but a risk nonetheless.

By saying that you never wanted this, how does that make you not responsible? You consented, even if you don't want to admit it. You know that the possibility exists, you're taking the chance, if you get "unlucky" and become pregnant, you're not less responsible than if you hadn't taken the contraceptive.

I challenge you, please, show the errors of my argument. But do so with facts, logic, and/or reasoning, not opinions. I will call you on all opinions, so don't be surprised about this. I am totally willing to see your side because as of two weeks ago, I would have considered myself "pro-choice." Yet, the longer I think about it, my ethics point me towards "pro-life" in this case.[QUOTE/]

Peralin said:
How's this for a good response, prochoicedanielle? You've evaded this post several times, now if you think you can, tear it apart. This is a perfect response to your question, and I gotta say that IValueFreedom really knows what he's talking about. So go ahead, rip it apart as best you can!

IValueFreedom said:

I challenge you, please, show the errors of my argument. But do so with facts, logic, and/or reasoning, not opinions. I will call you on all opinions, so don't be surprised about this. I am totally willing to see your side because as of two weeks ago, I would have considered myself "pro-choice." Yet, the longer I think about it, my ethics point me towards "pro-life" in this case.[QUOTE/]

Concenting to sex is not concenting to pregnancy and parenthood.
A woman who does not want a child, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she obtains an abortion. There are too many unwanted children already.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Peralin said:

IValueFreedom said:

I challenge you, please, show the errors of my argument. But do so with facts, logic, and/or reasoning, not opinions. I will call you on all opinions, so don't be surprised about this. I am totally willing to see your side because as of two weeks ago, I would have considered myself "pro-choice." Yet, the longer I think about it, my ethics point me towards "pro-life" in this case.

A woman who does not want a child, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she obtains an abortion. There are too many unwanted children already.

Standing on a train track blind folded with ear defenders is not consenting to death and pain, but if you do it too often, you will die, is that a licence to do it?

A woman, who does not want a train to hit her, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she didn’t go on the train track for a cheap kick.

If you are getting a cheap kick that may or may not cost someone else their life, than that is cruel and uncivilized act, especially with the added fact that it is not a requirement for that individual’s survival.

prochoicedanielle said:

I consider it a human weakness to be unable to live without sex. But the truth is that it is possible to live without sex. And if you cannot live without sex, that's one thing. But to have sex, claim it is a necessity, get pregnant, and then have an abortion because you do not want children yet is being extremely irresponsible in my opinion.

prochoicedanielle said:
A woman who does not want a child, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she obtains an abortion.
No, if she does not want a child under any circumstances she should not be having sex at all. The responsible thing to do is to refrain from having sex until she wants a child (or at least would keep one if she got pregnant). It is not responsible to get rid of the fetus simply because you do not want a child YET. You chose to have sex, you got pregnant, you asked for it. BTW, have you ever though of the idea that maybe the fetus is a child?

prochoicedanielle said:

I consider it a human weakness to be unable to live without sex. But the truth is that it is possible to live without sex. And if you cannot live without sex, that's one thing. But to have sex, claim it is a necessity, get pregnant, and then have an abortion because you do not want children yet is being extremely irresponsible in my opinion.

prochoicedanielle said:
A woman who does not want a child, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she obtains an abortion.
No, if she does not want a child under any circumstances she should not be having sex at all. The responsible thing to do is to refrain from having sex until she wants a child (or at least would keep one if she got pregnant). It is not responsible to get rid of the fetus simply because you do not want a child YET. You chose to have sex, you got pregnant, you asked for it. BTW, have you ever though of the idea that maybe the fetus is a child?

Back
Top Bottom