• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How would you like to be pregnant against your will?

Peralin said:
I consider it a human weakness to be unable to live without sex. But the truth is that it is possible to live without sex. And if you cannot live without sex, that's one thing. But to have sex, claim it is a necessity, get pregnant, and then have an abortion because you do not want children yet is being extremely irresponsible in my opinion.

No, if she does not want a child under any circumstances she should not be having sex at all. The responsible thing to do is to refrain from having sex until she wants a child (or at least would keep one if she got pregnant). It is not responsible to get rid of the fetus simply because you do not want a child YET. You chose to have sex, you got pregnant, you asked for it. BTW, have you ever though of the idea that maybe the fetus is a child?

I am a married woman, therefore I do not need to live without sex. I do not consider wanting to be intimate with my husband a weakness.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I am a married woman, therefore I do not need to live without sex. I do not consider wanting to be intimate with my husband a weakness.

Now you are just being stubborn. There's one thing that you really do not understand. When I say that you should do this, and you should do that, I do not mean you personally. I mean the general form of you, meaning anyone who it applies to. I realize that I have no control over what you do, nor do I want to. Your decisions about sex have nothing to do with me. I argue with you not because I think that you will change your mind if I can prove my points, but because people reading the thread may see that I have good points and you don't. This is one of the reasons I debate at this site.

And, so far, I think I've succeeded in my goal for this thread. I (and blogger and IValueFreedom) have written posts that you yourself cannot find a comeback to. (I am still waiting to see a long, thorough reply to our long posts.) Since your only comebacks to our long posts have been "Still doesn't matter" and other one-line replies, I truly believe that anyone who is undecided on this matter reads through this thread, they would take our side instead of yours. After all, there are 4 of us (including IndiConservative to the list above) and only one of you. You have no one to back you up, and you refuse to back yourself up. And it seems to me that, when the thread starter has no comebacks to the challengers, the thread is officially going nowhere. So, unless you can tear apart our threads with replies consisting of more than 3 sentences, this argument is over with.

You know, I'd also like to add a great statistic to my last post. I searched this entire thread and here's what I have found about prochoicedanielle's posts (not including the thread starter):

She has written 38 sentences (not including "LOL!" and grammatical errors).

She has posted 17 times.

Her longest post was 5 sentences long, and it took up only 4 lines.

There was one post of 5 sentences.

There were 0 posts of 4 sentences.

There were 5 posts of 3 sentences.

There were 7 posts of 2 sentences.

There were 4 posts of 1 sentence.

Now, I did the math (I think it is right), and this is what I got:

The average post consisted of 2.2352941 sentences. Now, danielle, where exactly was it that you made those great comebacks that you spoke of? None of us could find them, and it''s because they do not exist. Here are facts that give evidence that you have not put much effort into this thread. All of your challengers have taken the time to argue their cases in long posts, and your 2-sentence replies don't tear them apart in any way. As you have seen earlier in this thread, I (and several others) have taken apart your posts piece by piece, arguing each paragraph (or sentence, considering your short posts) seperately. Now, we have given you plenty to work with, let's see if you can break your record of 5 sentences and tear apart one of or threads.

I'm sorry to the other forum members whom I have mentioned in this and the last post, but I am trying to show danielle that together we have shot down everything she has thrown at us, and now it's her turn.

P.S. You might want to learn a lesson from me, that backing up your opinions with facts helps to prove your point.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I have backed it up several times. If you dont like the way I back it up, don't ready my posts.

Really, where is the information? Post it again, post those links or other sources that prove your opinions as fact. Your simplistic one-liners are not proof.

jimmyjack said:
Standing on a train track blind folded with ear defenders is not consenting to death and pain, but if you do it too often, you will die, is that a licence to do it?

A woman, who does not want a train to hit her, would be acting RESPONSIBLE if she didn’t go on the train track for a cheap kick.

If you are getting a cheap kick that may or may not cost someone else their life, than that is cruel and uncivilized act, especially with the added fact that it is not a requirement for that individual’s survival.

:applaud Very well said!

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I have backed them up several times. Learn to read.

I find it quite telling how you deleted the actual challege that was posed to you before replying.

Peralin said:
Now you are just being stubborn. There's one thing that you really do not understand. When I say that you should do this, and you should do that, I do not mean you personally. I mean the general form of you, meaning anyone who it applies to. I realize that I have no control over what you do, nor do I want to. Your decisions about sex have nothing to do with me. I argue with you not because I think that you will change your mind if I can prove my points, but because people reading the thread may see that I have good points and you don't. This is one of the reasons I debate at this site.

And, so far, I think I've succeeded in my goal for this thread. I (and blogger and IValueFreedom) have written posts that you yourself cannot find a comeback to. (I am still waiting to see a long, thorough reply to our long posts.) Since your only comebacks to our long posts have been "Still doesn't matter" and other one-line replies, I truly believe that anyone who is undecided on this matter reads through this thread, they would take our side instead of yours. After all, there are 4 of us (including IndiConservative to the list above) and only one of you. You have no one to back you up, and you refuse to back yourself up. And it seems to me that, when the thread starter has no comebacks to the challengers, the thread is officially going nowhere. So, unless you can tear apart our threads with replies consisting of more than 3 sentences, this argument is over with.

No, you have written posts that are too long and drawn out and I do not have time to sit around and read. I do not spend all day and night on the internet or this website either. If you would like me to take the time to reply to your post, make them shorter and to the point. So I actually have time to sit down and read every post from you people.

Some people have full time jobs!

ProMurderDanielle,

I have called you to the carpet, as well as others.....yet you fail to respond, the old liberal hit and run tactic of yours.......you are weak, your ideas are weak, and you are intellectually bankrupt.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
No, you have written posts that are too long and drawn out and I do not have time to sit around and read. I do not spend all day and night on the internet or this website either. If you would like me to take the time to reply to your post, make them shorter and to the point. So I actually have time to sit down and read every post from you people.

Some people have full time jobs!

That's odd. Here's another stat for you: You have posted on this site 14 times in the past 2.5 days. Maybe insetad of posting so many short replies you should put some time into posting a few good, long replies. Your short replies are not successful because they only deal with a part of the post you are quoting; You are leaving out much of the quoted posts. Now I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess that you have more than 5 minutes a day that you can post on this site. I, for one, would much rather see one good post a day than a bunch of short, lousy comebacks. There is no rush for you to reply, so take your time and make it good.

Besides, if you don't have time to make good points on this site, why are you starting your own threads? If you start a thread you should have a good argument ready for the first challengers. You didn't and that's why you got beaten. You still have not replied to IValueFreedom's great post, which obviously means that you concede. I'm not saying that no one will post on this thread, but I am saying that, unless this argument picks up and gets good, I will consider this a win for the defense. Case closed.

Last edited:
Peralin said:
You know, I'd also like to add a great statistic to my last post. I searched this entire thread and here's what I have found about prochoicedanielle's posts (not including the thread starter):

She has written 38 sentences (not including "LOL!" and grammatical errors).

She has posted 17 times.

Her longest post was 5 sentences long, and it took up only 4 lines.

There was one post of 5 sentences.

There were 0 posts of 4 sentences.

There were 5 posts of 3 sentences.

There were 7 posts of 2 sentences.

There were 4 posts of 1 sentence.

Now, I did the math (I think it is right), and this is what I got:

The average post consisted of 2.2352941 sentences. Now, danielle, where exactly was it that you made those great comebacks that you spoke of? None of us could find them, and it''s because they do not exist. Here are facts that give evidence that you have not put much effort into this thread. All of your challengers have taken the time to argue their cases in long posts, and your 2-sentence replies don't tear them apart in any way. As you have seen earlier in this thread, I (and several others) have taken apart your posts piece by piece, arguing each paragraph (or sentence, considering your short posts) seperately. Now, we have given you plenty to work with, let's see if you can break your record of 5 sentences and tear apart one of or threads.

I'm sorry to the other forum members whom I have mentioned in this and the last post, but I am trying to show danielle that together we have shot down everything she has thrown at us, and now it's her turn.

P.S. You might want to learn a lesson from me, that backing up your opinions with facts helps to prove your point.

You need a hobby.

Peralin said:
That's odd. Here's another stat for you: You have posted on this site 14 times in the past 2.5 days. Maybe insetad of posting so many short replies you should put some time into posting a few good, long replies. Your short replies are not successful because they only deal with a part of the post you are quoting; You are leaving out much of the quoted posts. Now I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess that you have more than 5 minutes a day that you can post on this site. I, for one, would much rather see one good post a day than a bunch of short, lousy comebacks. There is no rush for you to reply, so take your time and make it good.

Besides, if you don't have time to make good points on this site, why are you starting your own threads? If you start a thread you should have a good argument ready for the first challengers. You didn't and that's why you got beaten. You still have not replied to IValueFreedom's great post, which obviously means that you concede. I'm not saying that no one will post on this thread, but I am saying that, unless this argument picks up and gets good, I will consider this a win for the defense. Case closed.

Again, you need a hobby. It is called the weekend. You know what that means?

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Again, you need a hobby.

You got me there. I will never deny that I need a hobby. However, debating is one of my hobbies, and I prefer to waste time and win instead of using time wisely and losing the argument.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
It is called the weekend. You know what that means?

Yes, I do. I usually don't consider Friday as part of the weekend, but since you did, I'll use it against you. Yet another statistic for you: 13 of your 21 posts in this thread were entered on the "weekend". That means that almost 62% of your posts in this thread have been entered in the past 3 days. Which means that, since it was a "weekend" and you had time to write so many posts as I have mentioned before, you also should have had the time to make the 13 posts in this thread that were done this "weekend" count for something. I'm going to stop this argument here, this is getting a bit ridiculous, but I will stick to my point that, instead of typing so many short posts, you should have written long, good posts that show that you are putting effort into the argument.

Peralin said:
You got me there. I will never deny that I need a hobby. However, debating is one of my hobbies, and I prefer to waste time and win instead of using time wisely and losing the argument.

Yes, I do. I usually don't consider Friday as part of the weekend, but since you did, I'll use it against you. Yet another statistic for you: 13 of your 21 posts in this thread were entered on the "weekend". That means that almost 62% of your posts in this thread have been entered in the past 3 days. Which means that, since it was a "weekend" and you had time to write so many posts as I have mentioned before, you also should have had the time to make the 13 posts in this thread that were done this "weekend" count for something. I'm going to stop this argument here, this is getting a bit ridiculous, but I will stick to my point that, instead of typing so many short posts, you should have written long, good posts that show that you are putting effort into the argument.

You are right, because when I started to post on this board, I was on vacation from work for a week. I was bored once I was done keeping my house for the day. Also if you notice, the majority of my posts are made after 4:00pm.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
You need a hobby.

WOW! :shock: What a response! I mean you came out swinging with that one, really shot down all of the arguments presented to you. You must have really done some major research to come up with such an informed, intellegent, post. I suspect you will not be hearing from that person anymore considering how soundly you destroyed his argument.:roll:

Peralin said:

Self-declared victory doesn't count, sweetie.

vergiss said:
Self-declared victory doesn't count, sweetie.

Actually, it does when its 4-on-1, and the 1 has no response to any of the arguments of the 4. Besides, victory will never be declared, so I decide for myself when the battle is too far over for it to become an intelligent argument again. Not victory for all, but victory for me. Besides, if you ask anyone on this web site who won this argument, almost all of them would say that the 4 did.

Peralin said:
Actually, it does when its 4-on-1, and the 1 has no response to any of the arguments of the 4. Besides, victory will never be declared, so I decide for myself when the battle is too far over for it to become an intelligent argument again. Not victory for all, but victory for me. Besides, if you ask anyone on this web site who won this argument, almost all of them would say that the 4 did.

It does not count when it is 4 anti choicers against 1 pro choicer. You guys are like rabid dogs that sick together.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
It does not count when it is 4 anti choicers against 1 pro choicer. You guys are like rabid dogs that sick together.

Oh, please, will you at least call us pro-lifers, or anti-abortion-ers, or something? We are not against choices, only against choices which cause the death of another human being. Also, you should be called a pro-abortion-er because you are not for murdering other humans (already born), raping other humans, or any of those other "choices" that can be made.

And actually, if you look at my thread "are abortionists just lazy and irresponsible women" you would see that IValueFreedom and I had a heated debate, which ended in a draw. We stick together only if we believe the same thing. We are not a clan of any sort, we are all sticking up for our own beliefs.

I just wanted to say I am a woman on birth control. But if I was to get pregnant by accident of the pill I would keep the baby because if I didn't want a baby I would not have sex with my boyfriend or I would get my tubes tied. If I was unfortunate enough to get raped against my will and as a result get pregnant I could not take it out on the poor baby that was concieved against its will. I don't personally judge people for their faults but I'm sorry to say that murdering is definetly against all my beliefs and that is exactly what abortion is.

Pregnant against my will? Sign me up!

americanwoman said:
I just wanted to say I am a woman on birth control. But if I was to get pregnant by accident of the pill I would keep the baby because if I didn't want a baby I would not have sex with my boyfriend or I would get my tubes tied. If I was unfortunate enough to get raped against my will and as a result get pregnant I could not take it out on the poor baby that was concieved against its will. I don't personally judge people for their faults but I'm sorry to say that murdering is definetly against all my beliefs and that is exactly what abortion is.

Very good post, that's exactly the way I feel (only I am male!). I have no problem with birth control, but I do feel that if it would fail than the woman should not take it out on the child.

americanwoman said:

That is your CHOICE. Isn't choice grand?

I will not get my tubes tied because I want children later on in life. Just not now.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

I will not get my tubes tied because I want children later on in life. Just not now.

If you did have your tubes tied you can get the procedure reversed; I know people who have had it done. I was impressed to find out they can reverse your tubes; I think it gives a woman more choices.

CattyCarissa said:
If you did have your tubes tied you can get the procedure reversed; I know people who have had it done. I was impressed to find out they can reverse your tubes; I think it gives a woman more choices.

You try finding a doctor who is going to tie my tubes at the age of 23, with no children.

Not to mention that I am not going through that surgery now, or after I am done having kids.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

But I thought you made the comment that you wouldnt get your tubes tied because you wanted kids later but if it can be reversed then you can have children later. (There are doctors that are understanding that will tie your tubes if thats what you needed to have done to prevent unwanted pregnancies.)

So why did you just reply that you wont ever have your tubes tied even after having children?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom