• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"How to Lose Friends and Influence No One" by Donald Trump

"I support several of Trump's stances ..."

The only thing he's done that I approve of is cutting off the faucet of aid to Pakistan. They are NOT our friends.

Donald Trump is likely reaching a crisis point in his Presidency, at least half of which is of his own making. For those of us on the right that have held our judgement and found Trump to be tolerable, or at least better than some of us feared, it has been a chaotic and often frustrating two years. After the latest shocking news of the Syrian pullout and abandonment of the Kurds, aren't we all burned out on Trump?

I know I am.

Trump has not grown into the job, is repeatedly impulsive, burns through employees, and his ego so in need of feeding that his decision making is chaotic, personal,feckless, and poorly executed. He doesn't have a coherent or integrated view of politics, at least none that is shared by other politicians, experts, party leaders, or ideological wings. Hence, he has managed at one time or another alienate his allies, anger his supporters, and infuriate his enemies...and accomplish nothing.

And in the process, he can't find any experts or policy employees that reflect his unique (and often ignorant) set of morphable personal views - hence, they leave. Combine that with a personality that lurches between bristling at being confined by experts and one that returns to knee-jerk actions when facing frustration and we see the result.

Although the Republican party is now hostage to Trump and tens of millions of populist loyalists, no one should lie to themselves - he's a four alarm disaster.

Tariffs, Russia, FBI relations, Session, Obamacare, border security, Turkey, the budget, the Saudi murder of K, and many other issues have been poorly handled and his tactics have alienated friends and foes alike. His needless inflammatory rhetoric and personae has managed to fuel a resistance so great that it has turned our courts into our masters and members of "the resistance".

After his surprise retreat in Syria, anticipated abandonment of Afghanistan, and removal of a major sanction on a Putin crony, Trump is returning to his neo-isolationist and pro-Russian instincts. Here, and in his relations with North Korea, he has been far from "clear-eyed about malign actors and strategic competitors" (Mattis letter of resignation).

Let's face it, when a President can't find agreement with his staff, be they a Steve Bannon, or Republican operatives, or the replacement with generals, or credible economists, or his own Attorney General - then there is something wrong with the President, not them.

You'd think the majority on the right would be burned out - aren't you?

I definitely have concerns but there’s been so many supposed catastrophes since Trump was elected, even before he took office, it’s a little difficult to tell if the sky really is falling this time.

Can you imagine the damage this man might do, if he prevailed in the midterms? I truly believe it's beyond (rational) imagination. Because he is not rational.

But remember: Trump's actions are not Trump's alone. They are only possible due to GOP aiding & abetting, even if only through their acquiescent inaction. Trump's actions are Trump-GOP actions. Remember this, when in the polling place.

It's because of this, and exactly this, that I now know I will never vote for a Republican again while they are affiliated with and support Donald J. Trump.

And this is coming from someone who never voted for a Democrat in 38 years of voting.

And impeachment. If you don't like that, take it up with the people who wrote the Constitution.

LOL!!

Impeachment is even harder to make happen.

LOL!!

Impeachment is even harder to make happen.

Then you acknowledge that election is not the only mechanism for removing a President.

Then you acknowledge that election is not the only mechanism for removing a President.

I didn't say election is the only mechanism for removing a President.

I said that election is the only way maxparrish is going to remove this President.

Comprehension is your friend, Cardinal. You should get to know him.

I didn't say election is the only mechanism for removing a President.

I said that election is the only way maxparrish is going to remove this President.

In light of your precise wording, I'll accept that.

Trumps approval rating has been rock solid, and is more likely to go up than down in the near future now that he is finally asserting himself.

There you go, Max. This post clearly demonstrates what we are up against. Namely, the idea that all a president needs is approval. Forget intellect, forget morality and forget our nation's reputation in the world, enough idiots are still behind him for Trump to feel justified in being wrong all the ****ing time.

If you voted for him, you helped create this rolling catastrophe. Sounds like you're "tired of winning."

As for his "removal of a major sanction on a Putin crony," that's an easy one, so allow me to explain. Removing the personal sanctions against Oleg Deripaska is a strategic financial move for Trump Enterprises. It allows Deripaska to cede major shares in one of the largest, richest aliminum companies in the world to the Russian state-owned bank known as VP Bank. Not coincidentally, that's the bank that is set to fund the Trump Tower Moscow project. Always follow the money.

Regarding pulling out of Syria and Afghanistan, that smacks of "orders from Vlad" to me. Trump is doing exactly what Putin wants him to do. It provides Russia with a Mediterranean seaport, and our abandonement of the Kurds to the tender mercies of Erdogan's plans to kill them all is signaling to the world that we are rotten allies, which is also a notion that Putin wants the rest of the world to believe.

Trump has never done anything in his entire life that wasn't self-serving. Thanks so much for your help in getting us into this sorry state of affairs.

Since I didn't vote for him, in either the primaries nor the general election, you might cease demonstrating that Trump's problem is that he brings out the worst in his enemies - enough so that I have little sympathy for the many Trump haters on the left who are equally tiresome.

Nor do I have sympathy for the clichéd and cartoonish views of "follow the money" - its an old and idiotic excuse that rarely explains why those in power have gut feelings that to many of us are incomprehensible. Trump has always expressed isolationist sentimentalities, long before he ran for office. And his blindspot on Russia has long afflicted much of the paleo-populist-nationalist rightwing...most of whom don't have the money to be followed.

You are right in one respect, however, Trump is self-serving...of his ego. He doesn't like a perception of not winning, and when he is checked and frustrated in one area he bolts into another direction to do something dramatic.

So forgive me if I choose not to feed the craziness on the left, the sort of thing that has kept 10s of millions loyal to its leader. He feeds off your hate, as do his loyalists, so you might think about not feeding the monster.

Trumps approval rating has been rock solid, and is more likely to go up than down in the near future now that he is finally asserting himself.

You might be right, but if approval to feed his sense of "winning" is all it amounts to, what's the point? Trump is unreliable and clumsy, often threatening and never following through. His lack of cleverness led to fumbling the opportunity with Nancy and Chuck, a failure to give coherent guidance on Obamacare, a failure to handle the budget (leading to his loud complaints after the fact).

The hope that the goals of Trump's ego would spill over into satisfying the goals of the conservative wing looks to be a lost cause. Frankly, had Trump been removed from office in 2017, there is a decent chance Pence could have kept the Republican party from the drubbing of 2018 and accomplished far more.

You might be right, but if approval to feed his sense of "winning" is all it amounts to, what's the point? Trump is unreliable and clumsy, often threatening and never following through. His lack of cleverness led to fumbling the opportunity with Nancy and Chuck, a failure to give coherent guidance on Obamacare, a failure to handle the budget (leading to his loud complaints after the fact).

The hope that the goals of Trump's ego would spill over into satisfying the goals of the conservative wing looks to be a lost cause. Frankly, had Trump been removed from office in 2017, there is a decent chance Pence could have kept the Republican party from the drubbing of 2018 and accomplished far more.

My point is the same point that I have been making for almost two years, Trumps approval rating must be driven down substantially before he is removed or else the nation breaks.

A further point I have been making is that the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA! have yet again turned up incompetent and been unable to accomplish this.

There you go, Max. This post clearly demonstrates what we are up against. Namely, the idea that all a president needs is approval. Forget intellect, forget morality and forget our nation's reputation in the world, enough idiots are still behind him for Trump to feel justified in being wrong all the ****ing time.

All Trump has are the people, almost the entire elite class are against him, many if not most act like they outright hate him, as well as how this nation was intended to run by the founding Fathers.

The only reason Trump has not been sent out of town on a rail is that CongressCritters are afraid of the people, and rightfully so.

We are fed up.

Yes, it's been solidly mediocre, and only likely to go up because there ain't a whole lot of room left to drop :lamo

It is mediocre because Trump leads a rebellion against the entire elite class, and since most of the gear runners dont support The Rebellion because this nation is now so corrupt growing The Rebellion has not happened.

The Elite needed to do the right thing so that we can fix this nation, but they are incompetent and immoral now, they have refused as they stuff their thumbs in their ears.

Trump in the other hand has been beyond awesome, a real patriot.

Last edited:
Since I didn't vote for him, in either the primaries nor the general election, you might cease demonstrating that Trump's problem is that he brings out the worst in his enemies - enough so that I have little sympathy for the many Trump haters on the left who are equally tiresome.

Nor do I have sympathy for the clichéd and cartoonish views of "follow the money" - its an old and idiotic excuse that rarely explains why those in power have gut feelings that to many of us are incomprehensible. Trump has always expressed isolationist sentimentalities, long before he ran for office. And his blindspot on Russia has long afflicted much of the paleo-populist-nationalist rightwing...most of whom don't have the money to be followed.

You are right in one respect, however, Trump is self-serving...of his ego. He doesn't like a perception of not winning, and when he is checked and frustrated in one area he bolts into another direction to do something dramatic.

So forgive me if I choose not to feed the craziness on the left, the sort of thing that has kept 10s of millions loyal to its leader. He feeds off your hate, as do his loyalists, so you might think about not feeding the monster.

It isn't hate, it's disgust, and some justified fear of where his ego is taking us. And forgive me for thinking you voted for him, that was based on your original comment here. My mistake.

Regarding my "follow the money" statement, I stand by that. Supposition on my part in this case, but reasoned supposition based on Trump's track record in his less than honest business dealings over the decades and his methods of obtaining funding. Following the money nearly always leads to truth, whether or not you have any.

It is mediocre because Trump leads a rebellion against the entire elite class, and since most of the gear runners dont support The Rebellion because this nation is now so corrupt growing The Rebellion has not happened.

The Elite needed to do the right thing so that we can fix this nation, but they are incompetent and immoral now, they have refused as they stuff their thumbs in their ears.

Trump in the other hand has been beyond awesome, a real patriot.

So in other words you are blaming the American people for not being quite spineless enough to fully embrace literally everything your Dear Leader does.

The “rebellion” was a pathetic joke from the get go and most people realize that, which is why it hasn’t grown.

Your entire post someone manages to be wrong in every single way, shape and form.

Donald Trump is likely reaching a crisis point in his Presidency, at least half of which is of his own making. For those of us on the right that have held our judgement and found Trump to be tolerable, or at least better than some of us feared, it has been a chaotic and often frustrating two years. After the latest shocking news of the Syrian pullout and abandonment of the Kurds, aren't we all burned out on Trump?

I know I am.

Trump has not grown into the job, is repeatedly impulsive, burns through employees, and his ego so in need of feeding that his decision making is chaotic, personal,feckless, and poorly executed. He doesn't have a coherent or integrated view of politics, at least none that is shared by other politicians, experts, party leaders, or ideological wings. Hence, he has managed at one time or another alienate his allies, anger his supporters, and infuriate his enemies...and accomplish nothing.

And in the process, he can't find any experts or policy employees that reflect his unique (and often ignorant) set of morphable personal views - hence, they leave. Combine that with a personality that lurches between bristling at being confined by experts and one that returns to knee-jerk actions when facing frustration and we see the result.

Although the Republican party is now hostage to Trump and tens of millions of populist loyalists, no one should lie to themselves - he's a four alarm disaster.

Tariffs, Russia, FBI relations, Session, Obamacare, border security, Turkey, the budget, the Saudi murder of K, and many other issues have been poorly handled and his tactics have alienated friends and foes alike. His needless inflammatory rhetoric and personae has managed to fuel a resistance so great that it has turned our courts into our masters and members of "the resistance".

After his surprise retreat in Syria, anticipated abandonment of Afghanistan, and removal of a major sanction on a Putin crony, Trump is returning to his neo-isolationist and pro-Russian instincts. Here, and in his relations with North Korea, he has been far from "clear-eyed about malign actors and strategic competitors" (Mattis letter of resignation).

Let's face it, when a President can't find agreement with his staff, be they a Steve Bannon, or Republican operatives, or the replacement with generals, or credible economists, or his own Attorney General - then there is something wrong with the President, not them.

Yeah, Trump is pretty bad.

I know I am.

Trump-Derangement-Syndrome-600x429.jpg

Well sure, as Trump said, he could shoot someone and not lose any support. He has the racist vote completely locked up no matter what he does, short of being kind to brown skinned people. That's why he bases his campaign strategy around racism and fear. He knows that if he does that, he keeps his base, as you say, "rock solid."

Trump’s Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

I agree it's a chaotic WH and he's not making many friends, but then I am not really sure how one could expect otherwise unless Trump abandons his base or snubs every never-trump republican. It's a balancing act to lead a coalition. I respect Trumps difficult position and think he adapting alright but obviously learning on the job. Due to the nature of this job there may not be the time or leeway he needs to get the balance right. We'll see.

To answer your question, although de-energized due to being unconfident in his accomplishments and not sure where he is going next. I am not fed up no. I for one liked he pulled out of Syria and not uing the same failed stratgies with enemies like NK, as do many Libertarians. I am sad however to see many good people over personality go like Mattis, Tillerson and Sessions.

Whatever else he does or fails to do, what he has exposed will forever make him valuable.

Every one of your posts in this thread, beginning with the OP, have forced me out of my hibernation. I’ve been waiting for this. This post referring to Pence was especially spot-on.

Imho, the pressure on McConnell and Pence to pull the 25th must be enormous, but no GOP Senator has had his Goldwater moment yet. The Mattis letter really got to these GOP Senators, but it was McMaster that really started it for me.

I appreciate you clipping the wings of each extreme here, especially the left. You’re trying to tell them how not to turn off #45’s supporters and they’re not listening. (Your OP reminds me of how posters spoke of Don Sutherland)

All Trump has are the people, almost the entire elite class are against him, many if not most act like they outright hate him, as well as how this nation was intended to run by the founding Fathers.

The only reason Trump has not been sent out of town on a rail is that CongressCritters are afraid of the people, and rightfully so.

We are fed up.

Greetings, Hawkeye10. :2wave:

Well said! :applaud This country is unique in that we are fortunate to have a Constitution and a Bill of Rights which has protected our country for hundreds of years. The Elite would like to have a New World Order and a One World Government where they will be in charge over everyone on earth. Hmmmm...

I'm tired of the constant drama & chaos. Even our holidays are not immune to his petulance. He screwed with Easter Sunday, for Chrisakes. Now he's fugging around with Christmas. You can't ignore a man with this much power. It's impossible. I can't wait for him to go away.
You think you are tired, try putting up with this constant barage of nothing burgers, and I say that detesting the term, but all these minute by minute, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year fatal bomb shells set to take down this president.

All BS from the get go. He is the one fudging up Xmas? You libs have been on that warpath for decades. You can ignore that, but you cannot defend it... at least not and maintain any intellectual integrity.

Back
Top Bottom