• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Putin Weaponized Wikileaks to Influence the Election

{Personal comment - I'm never eager to buy into conspiracy theories, but there's some evidence below by some professional organizations. That, and Putin had to be supportive of Trump's position that he might not support our NATO allies}

From DefenseOne.com: How Putin Weaponized Wikileaks to Influence the Election of an American President - Defense One

Evidence suggests that a Russian intelligence group was the source of the most recent Wikileaks intel dump, which was aimed to influence the U.S. election.

Close your eyes and imagine that a hacking group backed by Russian President Vladimir Putin broke into the email system of a major U.S. political party. The group stole thousands of sensitive messages and then published them through an obliging third party in a way that was strategically timed to influence the United States presidential election. Now open your eyes, because that’s what just happened.

...It’s the same group that hit the State Department, the White House, and the civilian email of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The group’s modus operandi (a spearphishing attack that uploads a distinctive remote access tool on the target’s computer) is well known to cyber-security researchers.
Other security firms offered independent analysis and reached the same conclusion. The group Fidelis undertook their own investigation and found Crowdstrike to be correct.[/I]

When Wikilieaks was bashing the Bush admin, it was the darling of the left, now it's the boogeyman.
Ahh so quick the boogiemen flow.

So basically the DNC is trying to deflect away from the fact that they tried to rig their nomination process by saying that Russia is in bed with Trump? Hilarious that the same people that laughed at the birther issue(rightfully so) are now buying this bull****.

I wonder if you know how much Hillary has gotten from Russia.

I am more concerned with what she gave Putin. Trump seems to be following Putin's Christmas list.

Yeah, THAT is a good theory, though I think that we'll play hell tryin to prove it. I think it might have been Anonymous; they've been warning about that stuff, so - just sayin... The point is though, wikileaks have shot a hole right through Clinton's bow with this crap, so already her convention is listing. At least Trump had to open his mouth first.

If Hillary let's that broad from the DNC speak tonight it's going to show people a lot more than Hillary would like.

It not a theory that it is the Russian Govt. doing the hacking . Please inform yourself.

The FBI suspects that Russian government hackers breached the networks of the Democratic National Committee and stole emails that were posted to the anti-secrecy site WikiLeaks on Friday. It’s an operation that several U.S. officials now suspect was a deliberate attempt to influence the presidential election in favor of Donald Trump, according to five individuals familiar with the investigation of the breach.
The theory that Moscow orchestrated the leaks to help Trump, who has repeatedly praised Russian President Vladimir Putin and practically called for the end of NATO, is fast gaining currency within the Obama administration because of the timing of the leaks and Trump’s own connections to the Russian government, the sources said on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing and developing quickly.
FBI Suspects Russia Hacked DNC; U.S. Officials Say It Was to Elect Donald Trump - The Daily Beast

Why Experts Are Sure Russia Hacked the DNC Emails - NBC News

When Wikilieaks was bashing the Bush admin, it was the darling of the left, now it's the boogeyman.

How, exactly, is wikileaks a "boogeyman" now ?

If Russia hacks campaign strategists and leaks them to manipulate our politics, they don't need wikileaks for that.

I love wikileaks so long as it provides accurate information, exposes corruption and constitutional/charter violations and other malfeasance as a reliable whistleblower and does so on an even handed, non-partisan basis.

Also I don't consider Hillary diehards and partisans to be 'left' at all.

I love wikileaks so long as it provides accurate information, exposes corruption and constitutional/charter violations and other malfeasance as a reliable whistleblower and does so on an even handed, non-partisan basis.

Also I don't consider Hillary diehards and partisans to be 'left' at all.

That's... fine, when hillary and her supporters are to your right.. well hehe. Have fun with that.

That's... fine, when hillary and her supporters are to your right.. well hehe. Have fun with that.

From a more objective perspective concerned with an encompassing first world frame of reference rather than an exclusively American one, Hillary is indeed actually right wing in virtually every way save civil liberties.

From a more objective perspective concerned with an encompassing first world frame of reference rather than an exclusively American one, Hillary is indeed actually right wing in virtually every way save civil liberties.

That's nice.

LMFAO

What fools...

Gobble gobble gobble up that looney narrative!!!!

Proof positive that the DNC is as corrupt as Hillary but it's a grand conspiracy between Putin and Trump?

:lamo

I'm glad I'll be dead in 50 years, I'd hate to see what the idiot youth of today will turn this place into...

This is why you all are called the UNTHINKING Left...

The FBI "suspects"... and

Is IS a theory right now, and I am informed.

;)

Evolution is a "theory" too and this theory has plenty to back it up also. These hackers have been attributed to the Russians for months now by the FBI since they also hacked Govt. sites.

LMFAO

What fools...

Gobble gobble gobble up that looney narrative!!!!

Proof positive that the DNC is as corrupt as Hillary but it's a grand conspiracy between Putin and Trump?

I'm glad I'll be dead in 50 years, I'd hate to see what the idiot youth of today will turn this place into...

This is why you all are called the UNTHINKING Left...

I like how you dismiss a theory without evidence, and then criticize the rest of us for not engaging in that act of willful ignorance.

Y'know, I really don't mind that Debbie Wasserman-Schulz is resigning - I've never trusted her anyway. It's something about her that I really, really didn't like - and it's good that she got caught.

That said, if Russia's interfering in our elections, that should be cause for concern for everyone...and WHY would they want to release e-mails which would damage the Democratic party? That last question is more important than anything else.

Only if you're a democrat. The rest of the world is more concerned with the corruption of the DNC.

Or, and BTW, Russia didn't damage the DNC. The DNC damaged the DNC.

Assange did not hack the DNC. Putin's men did. The release was meant to aid Trump and you cannot deny it.

The DNC did more to help Trump as evidenced by their unscrupulous behavior.

Hillary has already brokered deals with Russia for Uranium mining, demonstrated she is intellectually incompetent, and will at least carry on with Obama's policies. Tell me again why Putin would want Trump over her?

I like how you dismiss a theory without evidence, and then criticize the rest of us for not engaging in that act of willful ignorance.

OH!!!:lamo

This is getting better and better!!

Yeah, I discount BS out of pocket...It's one of those things...

The evidence is the DNC is as corrupt as HRC.

That's the evidence.

You are showing your willful ignorance in avoiding the evidence and grasping ever so desperately, like a drowning man at CT.

No life boat is coming

Down you go.

That's just not true. The info was released in hopes of creating division in the Dems ranks and to ruin the Dems Convention. It will not work but not for lack of trying. Trump himself could not have determined a better time for the release and in fact he may have. You notice that the Russians have not hacked the RNC and that tells you who they are targeting.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-russia-connections

Other point aside it demonstrated clearly the utter corruption within the Dems at the national level. And I am sure it works and weaves its way down to the local level as well.
Without doubt Republicans work the same sort of shxt from the national level down as well.

Last edited:
Even if it is true that Russia hacked in to DNC emails:

1. I find it ironic as all hell that America would be upset because any nation would dare mess with selections of our leaders. America would never do anything like that to any other nation. Wait ... OK, maybe. But if we did, we'd apologize, right? That would make it all better.

2. It is interesting that some people would rather not know information about their own political system and government if it isn't provided by their own government. So in essence if the American government doesn't out the truth about itself some people damn sure don't want to hear about it from anywhere else. How dare Russia make known to Americans what the American political system doesn't want Americans to know! Those Russians are real bastards about doing that kind of thing.

3. We should not tolerate foreign governments trying to influence our elections by hacking into the emails of our parties. How dare they? On the other hand giving massive amounts of foreign money to influence politicians and political campaigns and American policy at national and state levels is just peachy, right? Dark money, K-Street and, ah, you know ... the Clinton Foundation are cool, right? Sure! It's fine if foreign interests and huge American megacorps want to essentially buy elections as long as they don't hack into political party emails and publish them on the Internet. I mean, that is over the top, right?

For the record I don't know and at this point neither do you (anyone reading this) whether the Russians hacked in and sent information to Wikileaks or not. Either way it is a separate matter. Whether they did or not does not change the contents and context of the emails, does it?

Pointing to the Russians and screaming foul in terms of the information provided reminds me of a story.

A few guys are walking through the woods hunting deer when suddenly an arrow falls from the sky from out of nowhere and strikes one of the hunters in the jugular vein. The guy has less than a minute to live. He looks at the other hunters hovering over him in shock and says, "Someone find the hunter who shot the arrow and ask him what kind of bow he was using."

That would be a rather ridiculous thing to say, wouldn't it? Knowing the answer, if knowing was possible, wouldn't change a damn thing about the victim's situation. In terms of the situation what idiot would ask such a question?

OH!!!:lamo

This is getting better and better!!

Yeah, I discount BS out of pocket...It's one of those things...

The evidence is the DNC is as corrupt as HRC.

That's the evidence.

You are showing your willful ignorance in avoiding the evidence and grasping ever so desperately, like a drowning man at CT.

No life boat is coming

Down you go.

What corruption ? Do you think that the DNC not allowed to exert political influence ?

...Pointing to the Russians and screaming foul in terms of the information provided reminds me of a story.

A few guys are walking through the woods hunting deer when suddenly an arrow falls from the sky from out of nowhere and strikes one of the hunters in the jugular vein. The guy has less than a minute to live. He looks at the other hunters hovering over him in shock and says, "Someone find the hunter who shot the arrow and ask him what kind of bow he was using."

That would be a rather ridiculous thing to say, wouldn't it? Knowing the answer, if knowing was possible, wouldn't change a damn thing about the victim's situation. In terms of the situation what idiot would ask such a question?

If Trump got Putin to do his dirty work, you think we're better off not knowing that ...?

Y'know, I really don't mind that Debbie Wasserman-Schulz is resigning - I've never trusted her anyway. It's something about her that I really, really didn't like - and it's good that she got caught.

That said, if Russia's interfering in our elections, that should be cause for concern for everyone...and WHY would they want to release e-mails which would damage the Democratic party? That last question is more important than anything else.

The Democrat party did this to themselves and you dont trust Debbie Wasserman-Schulz but you DO trust Hillary Clinton ?? WTH ??

Blaming this on Putin is like Bill blaming the rape of Juanita Broderick on Hillary. Its like Bill blaming Kathleen Wileys husband for forcing him to grope her on the day of his funeral.

Seriously...its a lot of fun watching died in the wool partisans reacting to the news that the entire democrat primary was a multi-million dollar farce and a rigged game by blaming it on Putin, Trump, Fox News, etc.

Hey democrats...you just spent 18 months getting butt****ed by the DNC.

Run Bernie Run!

If Putin weaponized wikileaks, that makes it an act of war.

Back
Top Bottom