• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Mueller outsmarted Trump

Letting the public know what he knows.

Why would that be an upside for Mueller? What's in it for him if you know what he knows...especially if it results in a whole lot of grief for himself?

Do you really think Mueller cares that much about the public?

In fact Manafort might have just blown up his shot at a Pardon whether he knows it or not.

Trump and his attorneys have been dangling Pardons for months. Manafort's attorneys, under the guise of a JDA that no longer existed, scurry over to the WH to report the substance of discussions held under a cooperation agreement shaped from guilty pleas to multiple charges by Manafort. Is that a quid pro quo for a Pardon? Mueller is well within his charge from Justice to look at that under a microscope. If Trump actually issues the Pardon it gets much worse for Trump and his team because that could easily be considered to be the consummated other end of a quid pro quo. The Trump and Manafort teams including Trump and Manafort are already in trouble just for pursuing this nonsense.

The President can issue Pardons. But Trump does not issue them by any process and while the President does have the authority to issue Pardons, anything anybody including the President does in the pursuit of a crime, in this case either Bribery or Obstruction is ILLEGAL.

The idea that "if the President does it, it must be Legal" got blown out of the water years ago.

LOL So you think Mueller was moonlighting for the FBI while he was a Marine in Vietnam? He was 21 in 1965 when the case you mention was tried. You are a liar. The criminals are all on the "Trump Train" and the end of the line is near.

Brat-on-Trump-Train.jpg

It seems strange to me that you think vietnam was in 1986.

Pants on fire

"You’ve got to admire the FBI’s chutzpah. Eight years after the bureau promised Congress it would never, ever, pull another Whitey Bulger, it has been caught red-handed pulling another Whitey Bulger, this time with a reputed gangster and suspected murderer named Mark Rossetti."

"Grassley is the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. He comes from Iowa and is a plain-speaking, get-to-the-point kind of guy.

Yesterday, he sent a letter to Robert Mueller, the FBI’s director, asking some very reasonable questions: When did Rossetti become an informant? How much was he paid? When did the FBI become aware of Rossetti’s criminal activity? What crimes were the FBI aware of? Was murder one of them? Did the FBI or the Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility conduct a review? If the FBI lied to the State Police about Rossetti being an informant, were any agents disciplined?

Grassley says he will wait for answers and, like Lynch, he’s not going away until he gets some. As it reviews its options, the FBI might want to consider the prospect of a repeat performance of those congressional hearings eight years ago and what that did to its reputation and credibility.

The FBI employed similar tactics of delay and denial when the Bulger fiasco was first exposed in these pages in 1988. For a decade, it lied about using a reputed killer like Bulger as an informant until a federal judge named Mark Wolf made the bureau tell the truth.

The FBI can try the same thing with Mark Rossetti. It will ultimately prove futile, and the truth will come out.

And the FBI will find that, as with Bulger, putting off the inevitable only makes the final reckoning worse."

I wont call you a liar. Just deeply incorrect.

Why would that be an upside for Mueller? What's in it for him if you know what he knows...especially if it results in a whole lot of grief for himself?

Do you really think Mueller cares that much about the public?

I’ll end my part of our back and forth with this. You apparently have a distorted view of Mueller. The President’s loyalties are personal. Mueller is a patriot, with credentials to prove it. If he has found a corrupt and unlawful story behind Trump’s campaign he will see it as his duty to reveal it.

I’ll end my part of our back and forth with this. You apparently have a distorted view of Mueller. The President’s loyalties are personal. Mueller is a patriot, with credentials to prove it. If he has found a corrupt and unlawful story behind Trump’s campaign he will see it as his duty to reveal it.

LOL!!

I don't think Mueller is a Corsi. I don't think Mueller is willing to place principle over his own well being.

LOL!!

I don't think Mueller is a Corsi. I don't think Mueller is willing to place principle over his own well being.

I’d intended to end the exchange, but the elevation of the integrity of Jerome Corsi over the integrity of Robert Mueller is too rich to pass up. Except for that the comment’s aburdity can speak for itself.

there is not a living soul in America who does not know Trump is guilty... it's all about the chess game and Trump was given more powerful peaces to play with when elected.

You can't be guilty of something without evidence. Manafort is a red herring and the fact that Mueller has wasted so much time on him shows he hasn't got anything. Now, if he really wanted to investigate Russian collusion, he'd look deeply into the efforts of Hillary's campaign and the DNC to use Russian sources to make up dirt on Trump and then use it to get FISA warrants in an effort to influence the election. That's the real story here, not Trump.

You can't be guilty of something without evidence. Manafort is a red herring and the fact that Mueller has wasted so much time on him shows he hasn't got anything. Now, if he really wanted to investigate Russian collusion, he'd look deeply into the efforts of Hillary's campaign and the DNC to use Russian sources to make up dirt on Trump and then use it to get FISA warrants in an effort to influence the election. That's the real story here, not Trump.

There is so much evidence against Trump, the only question is which crime he will be found guilty of first. There are so many crimes. So many.

This on the day Trump’s former lawyer says his client was actively pursuing with Russians a Moscow Trump Tower deal during the nomination campaign.

Good post!

Your Heil Trump badge is in the mail.

This on the day Trump’s former lawyer says his client was actively pursuing with Russians a Moscow Trump Tower deal during the nomination campaign.

Oh, that's a crime is it? The crime was Cohen lying, not Trump pursuing business deals.

There is so much evidence against Trump, the only question is which crime he will be found guilty of first. There are so many crimes. So many.

Obviously...

sadly, it does not matter. The Congress will not act because the Senate has a GOP majority.

In other words, there is no justice in the United States any longer.

you should use it... oh, sorry, you Golden Idol does not allow... almost forgot

Trump isn't my idol. I simply know lying leftists bent on destroying somebody they hate when I see them. Trump is easy to hate for many. That doesn't make him guilty of colluding with Russians. The Democrats lost the election all on their own because they underestimated Trump and were lazy.

Obviously...

sadly, it does not matter. The Congress will not act because the Senate has a GOP majority.

In other words, there is no justice in the United States any longer.

Of course there isn't. Hillary Clinton isn't in prison for obstruction of justice. Brennan and Clapper aren't in jail for doing what Cohen is accused of. There is no equal application of justice. Libs are special.

Oh, that's a crime is it? The crime was Cohen lying, not Trump pursuing business deals.

There may or may not have been crimes attached it. Might only have been deceit and bad faith. Hopefully, Mueller and time will tell.

Trump isn't my idol. I simply know lying leftists bent on destroying somebody they hate when I see them. Trump is easy to hate for many. That doesn't make him guilty of colluding with Russians. The Democrats lost the election all on their own because they underestimated Trump and were lazy.

You do make me chuckle.

Of course there isn't. Hillary Clinton isn't in prison for obstruction of justice. Brennan and Clapper aren't in jail for doing what Cohen is accused of. There is no equal application of justice. Libs are special.

You don't see libs genuflecting to an orange idol.

But, the right had the house, the senate and the white house...and they still never ever had any amount of evidence to indict her.

Maybe....you should start to understand that Trump has a ton of evidence against him...and Hillary? Not so much.

How many indictments and guilty pleas were there in the Obama administration?

But, the right had the house, the senate and the white house...and they still never ever had any amount of evidence to indict her.

Maybe....you should start to understand that Trump has a ton of evidence against him...and Hillary? Not so much.

How many indictments and guilty pleas were there in the Obama administration?

It was the Obama DOJ that had to indict Hillary and, instead, had Comey exonerate her. They all figured she was a shoo-in to win the election and were not going to upset that. When Trump beat her, they turned their sights on him. As for evidence there is no doubt that Hillary obstructed justice by destroying evidence subpoenaed by Congress, breaking up devices, etc. The evidence against Trump for colluding with Russia during the election is non-existent. The evidence that Hillary and the DNC used Steele as a go between to collude with Russians against Trump, is an established fact.

No, just committing crimes with impunity.

You guys are a trip.

Why not grow up and grow a pair?

That's all it takes to rid yourself of the shackles you self impose.

trump has made a stooge of you. Yes, Hill should not have called you deplorables, it is not politically correct. But, God damn it, it resonates because it's steeped in truths.

Back
Top Bottom