• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Mueller outsmarted Trump

For example,.if Manafort lied abut Trump's knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting we know that Trump knew about it and Mueller has the evidence to prove it. It is a convenient way to avoid Whitaker's obstruction.

So it depends on a bunch of "ifs".

But tell me, what does the speculation that Manafort lied about the Trump Tower meeting have to do with sentencing of Manafort for the crimes he's been convicted of? Or do you think Mueller will spout off with a bunch of irrelevant stuff in front of the judge?

I spoke about this earlier...the judge won't want to hear it and could slap Mueller upside the head for wasting the court's time and the DOJ could get really pissed that Mueller is revealing confidential information about an investigation that has nothing to do with the sentencing. Mueller isn't stupid enough to get a bunch of people pissed at him like that.

So, fact is...don't get your hopes up for something that won't happen.

Evidence that Manafort has plead guilty to all charges? That is hard to get? They will throw the book at him and if Trump tries to pardon he will get State charges. Manafort will be spending the rest of his life in jail either way.

Evidence about Manafort pleading guilty to charges? Dude...you DO know that those charges have nothing to do with Trump. What makes you think Congress is interested in Manafort's charges?

They have to get Mueller's evidence first. That might not be so easy.

Probably it would begin by Mueller and his team disclosing their findings with summaries of the evidence.

Probably it would begin by Mueller and his team disclosing their findings with summaries of the evidence.

It's not Mueller decision to give Congress...or, even, to the public...anything about what he's found. He gives his report to the DOJ. They decide what is released in a public summary or what is released in a summary to Congress.

If Congress wants more, they will have to try to get it out of the DOJ. That might be easier said than done.

lol...This was a bit like a Rhodes scholar taking the queen from a special needs student, but I'll take the win.

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/28/msnbc-legal-analyst-explains-how-mueller-outsmarted-trump_partner/

Check, Mr. Trump.

What is mind boggling, scary and funny at the same time is that, both Left and right know and fully accept trump is a liar, cheater and a crook. the question is not about his quilt but whether it can be proven and who will rat him out (interesting term even trump and his lawyer used it, because you don't rat an innocent person but only Criminal and someone who has done something wrong).

So right now the argument between the left and right boils down to this..Left: Trump is guilty. the Right: The current investigation should not expand to prove if we a crook in the office, but rather narrow focus only this 1 issue! Nevermind other stuff!). And these are the very people who drew a direct line from real state scam by Clintons to getting a blow job in the office, or four years of Benghazi investigation!

Truly Disgusting what conservatives and GOP have become!

Diving Mullah

It's not Mueller decision to give Congress...or, even, to the public...anything about what he's found. He gives his report to the DOJ. They decide what is released in a public summary or what is released in a summary to Congress.

If Congress wants more, they will have to try to get it out of the DOJ. That might be easier said than done.

The committee could invite Mueller and his staff to testify or issue subpoenas, just as other DOJ officials have been called by Congressional committees to testify.

The committee could invite Mueller and his staff to testify or issue subpoenas, just as other DOJ officials have been called by Congressional committees to testify.

Sure they could. But just like when Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein, etc, testified, he would have to tell them he cannot answer questions that he is not authorized to answer. The DOJ will decide what he can and cannot tell them.

Sure they could. But just like when Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein, etc, testified, he would have to tell them he cannot answer questions that he is not authorized to answer. The DOJ will decide what he can and cannot tell them.

He may answer them anyway on the ground that DOJ’s sole motivation is political cover for the President.

He may answer them anyway on the ground that DOJ’s sole motivation is political cover for the President.

shrug...

Then he can go to jail.

lol...I think you completely missed the point. But, that's ok.

Manafort's crimes cover enverything Mueller needs to make public about Trump--everything.
Nope. He was indicted for tax evasion, money laundering, and failing to register as an agent for a foreign country - all solo.

shrug...

Then he can go to jail.

Never happen, not for giving under oath testimony compelled by Congressional subpoena. Witnesses who refuse to answer on the ground the DOJ has silenced them are in greater jeopardy than a witness who testifies in defiance of a DOJ order not to testify.

lol...This was a bit like a Rhodes scholar taking the queen from a special needs student, but I'll take the win.

https://www.salon.com/2018/11/28/msnbc-legal-analyst-explains-how-mueller-outsmarted-trump_partner/

Check, Mr. Trump.

I'm chomping at the bit waiting for Mueller to finish his investigation. In the end, Mueller will find everything Trump and his cabal are hiding.

This is starting to remind me of the Nixon era more every day, but my gut tells me that our special needs president is in even deeper than Tricky Dicky. Thankfully he's not very tricky, although he sure is dicky...

Evidence about Manafort pleading guilty to charges? Dude...you DO know that those charges have nothing to do with Trump. What makes you think Congress is interested in Manafort's charges?

If you mean his new charges of lying to investigators about his knowledge of Trump then you should know how interested the Democrats are in that.

So it depends on a bunch of "ifs".

But tell me, what does the speculation that Manafort lied about the Trump Tower meeting have to do with sentencing of Manafort for the crimes he's been convicted of? Or do you think Mueller will spout off with a bunch of irrelevant stuff in front of the judge?

I spoke about this earlier...the judge won't want to hear it and could slap Mueller upside the head for wasting the court's time and the DOJ could get really pissed that Mueller is revealing confidential information about an investigation that has nothing to do with the sentencing. Mueller isn't stupid enough to get a bunch of people pissed at him like that.

So, fact is...don't get your hopes up for something that won't happen.

Lying to investigators is a crime and relevant to the Judges responsibility of leveling penalties. But then you must already know that. Your just trolling me. You must also know that Mueller would never claim something he could not prove in a court of law. You should also know that if Trump perjured himself in his deposition he must be impeached don't you agree?

Last edited:
If it's about Trump, it's irrelevant to Manafort's crimes. If it's relevant to Manafort's crimes, it's irrelevant to Trump. If Mueller, at Manafort's sentencing, spouts off about Trump he risks pissing off the judge which could affect Manafort's sentence. Do you really think Mueller will take that chance? Also, there is the aspect of revealing confidential information from an investigation. I'm thinking Mueller is smart enough to not do something that'll get the judge or DOJ pissed off at him.

Cevallos is spouting nonsense and all of the useful idiots are sucking in that nonsense.

You are talking about a President that has and has had 32 separate Joint Defense Agreements with various charlatans, liars, cheats, grafters and outright thugs WHILE IN OFFICE AS PRESIDENT. All of them and I do mean all of them touch the campaign or Trump's Executive in some way.

As it turns out the one thing we said would drive Trump absolutely to distraction has made his entire team including some of his allies and their legal teams trip over their dicks.

There was no longer a Joint Defense Agreement between Trump and Manafort once Manafort plead out because Manafort no longer had a Defense. All of the machinations the Trump team has gone through about what is or what is not Obstruction, what is or what is not attorney/client privilege and what is or is not Executive Privilege who colluded and/or conspired or whether there was collusion or conspiracy just all went right down the toilet because Donald simply could not stand the pressure of Mueller's silence, could not take the pressure of a prosecutor who only spoke through his court filings. Trump stumbled right into the Bow of the Mueller Submarine and everybody that was involved in that charade of Manafort's attorneys running to the Trump legal team to spill the beans for and to the anxiously salivating Donald after Manafort plead out is in serious legal trouble. Rudy is even in trouble now as is Kevin Donnelly and anybody else involved in this charade. They have all outsmarted themselves trying to satisfy Mob Boss Donald's anxiety over knowing exactly what Mueller had.

As for the Manafort sentence, while I seriously doubt Mueller will damage the Manafort sentence regardless of what is in the filing he will make on Manafort's lies, Manafort appears to be angling for a Pardon though he has got to be out of his mind:
A) Nobody but nobody can trust Donald as far as they can throw him. So no matter how much dangling Donald does, a Pardon may not be forthcoming regardless of how much ball washing Manafort has tried
B) If pardoned, Manafort faces multiple State Charges for crimes that he has already plead out to and a Federal Prison is a Sunday Garden Club compared to a State Pen. The best he gets out of this is slam dunked into a Federal Pen. The worst he gets is poisoned by Russian Agents and since Trump has had no interest in dealing with Putin or MBS or KJU or any other tyrant he lapdog's to, it might happen right here on US soil! In the middle of those two extremes Manafort gets slam dunked into a State Pen instead of Federal Pen. I am sure he will like that so much more,

Manafort for his part has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he has been grafting and lying and cheating and stealing for so long that he simply knows no other way even when continuing to graft and lie and cheat and steal simply keeps him wriggling on a hook that is further set each time he wriggles. I suspect we will see this same phenomenon repeated with Stone and Corsi and likely Donald himself. Corsi might save himself simply because he is at least a Sam Numberg level kook if not loonier. Corsi might just be sent off to some institution designed to deal with the elderly, infirm and permanently kooky.

If you mean his new charges of lying to investigators about his knowledge of Trump then you should know how interested the Democrats are in that.

Where did you get that from?

And what lies has Manafort told that have anything to do with Trump?

Mueller will be able to tell the court everything the investigation has discovered about Trump in the context of explaining Manafort’s breach of the plea agreement. The beach is exactly tied to Manafort’s secret alliance with Trump’s lawyers.

Mueller will be able to tell the court everything the investigation has discovered about Trump in the context of explaining Manafort’s breach of the plea agreement. The beach is exactly tied to Manafort’s secret alliance with Trump’s lawyers.

And if Mueller does that,

1. The judge will slap him upside the head and,

2. The AAG will slap him upside the head and,

3. Mueller will have confirmed the contentions that he's only interested in making a political hit on Trump and,

4. He will have tipped his hand to the Trump defense team.

I see absolutely no upside for Mueller to do any of that.

I'm afraid your insane desire for dirt...any dirt...on Trump will continue to be unfulfilled.

And if Mueller does that,

1. The judge will slap him upside the head and,

2. The AAG will slap him upside the head and,

3. Mueller will have confirmed the contentions that he's only interested in making a political hit on Trump and,

4. He will have tipped his hand to the Trump defense team.

I see absolutely no upside for Mueller to do any of that.

I'm afraid your insane desire for dirt...any dirt...on Trump will continue to be unfulfilled.

You don’t see an upside because you don’t want an upside. I didn’t invent the scenario described in that post. It is all over the news this morning, unless you’re reading Briebart maybe.

You don’t see an upside because you don’t want an upside. I didn’t invent the scenario described in that post. It is all over the news this morning, unless you’re reading Briebart maybe.

I don't care what is "all over the news this morning".

What upside do YOU see for Mueller? What is in it for HIM to do what you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom