• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many gop supporters would still like to see trump run again in 2024?

It becomes a trap. Once the lefties ruin an aspect of America, people think it's good.
I'm sorry, but I don't even believe in lefties, much less do I hate them.

I think that hatred is definitely there towards the Republicans by the democrats.
Well, I'm not that familiar with enough Democrats. You may be right.
Whether deserved or not. I’ve been around for a long time, I’ve never seen the amount of hatred from both parties toward the other as there is today.
As I say, if the Republican Party is the Trump Party, then I believe it needs to be despised by all decent Americans. I guess we'll see if the straight Pubs can salvage their party from the rabid base. If not, I hope the Pubs are destined for the sidelines for a very long time.

I wince everytime I hear a Trumper refer to himself as a conservative. That's not what they are. I don't even think they're especially ideological.

Well, I'm not that familiar with enough Democrats. You may be right.

As I say, if the Republican Party is the Trump Party, then I believe it needs to be despised by all decent Americans. I guess we'll see if the straight Pubs can salvage their party from the rabid base. If not, I hope the Pubs are destined for the sidelines for a very long time.

I wince everytime I hear a Trumper refer to himself as a conservative. That's not what they are. I don't even think they're especially ideological.
I also never considered Trump a conservative. The 7-time party switcher adopted the political philosophy of whatever party he belonged to at the time. I don’t think Trump ever had a political ideology of his own. Whatever Trump does, he does so to benefit himself, no one else, no political party. The old conservative ideals the Republican Party used to stand for were thrown out the window when they latched onto Trump.

The big difference in the two major parties today is the Democrats still believe in the liberal political philosophy while the Republicans believe in only a man with no political ideology or philosophy. I used to say, Trump is the true bonified RINO, but with so many republicans following him, RINO doesn't cut it anymore. He and his followers are now CINO's, conservatives in name only as are his followers.

I wouldn't call myself a GOP supporter. Rather, I vote republican because I despise most democrats and what they stand for. I will most likely vote for who ever gets the republican nominee. This is because I despise them less than I despise democrats.

I'm pretty sure for you it comes down to whoever denies science the best.

I'm pretty sure for you it comes down to whoever denies science the best.
I'm sorry you think I deny science.

Maybe you can explain why seeingng the science facts, is denying science? I fond it so funny that the people who claim I deny science, are the ones denying the need of the scientific method.

I am not necessarily a "gop supporter". I AM an America First supporter.

And yes...I want Trump to run in 2024.
Trump is Trump First. He says America First to placate the Americans he needs for votes, but at the first, second and third chance he gets, he's "**** America" First, Helsinki. Second, The Premeditated Big Lie. Third, classified docs as what, souvenirs? He doesn't give a shit about you, me or any other American other than himself - and maybe Ivanka.

I wouldn't call myself a GOP supporter. Rather, I vote republican because I despise most democrats and what they stand for. I will most likely vote for who ever gets the republican nominee. This is because I despise them less than I despise democrats.
To read your wonderful outlook on our civic duty to vote makes me proud to have served in the Infantry... :rolleyes:

To read your wonderful outlook on our civic duty to vote makes me proud to have served in the Infantry... :rolleyes:
Infantry?

OK, I did a bit better. I was doing communications repair for Nuclear Theater.

Trump led a coup attempt to overthrow the elected government culminating in the ransacking of our capitol on Jan. 6. Some died, 140 police were assaulted, the life of the vice-president was threatened, and the business of Congress was halted.

Trump said he would issue full pardons and a government apology to rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. “I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” Trump said. “It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them. What they’ve done to these people is disgraceful. I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told conservative radio host Wendy Bell on Thursday morning.

Members of his cult love that kind of talk. Trump is, after all, talking to them.

After his seven million vote defeat, Trump stole important documents from us.

"The expanded property list gives further detail of the volume of material seized by agents in the search and how it was intermingled with seemingly innocuous items such as newspaper clippings, photographs, books and clothing. It describes hundreds upon hundreds of U.S. government documents collected by investigators without any classification markings that were grouped in some cases with only a few documents that bore classification markings ranging from Confidential to Top Secret/SCI (Sensitive compartmented information)," ABC.

Trump and his followers are doing the bidding of our foreign adversaries by attacking the foundation of our democracy, free and fair elections. Trump and his misguided followers are still saying he won the election without ever producing evidence of such an outrageous lie.

It is entirely possible that Trump may be indicted for espionage, obstruction of justice, and/or sedition for Jan. 6.

Our President said recently, "There's no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the 'MAGA Republicans,' and that is a threat to this country."

CNN reports, "If Republicans take back the House in the November midterm elections, that would give them unilateral subpoena power,"

And all of this would be swept under the rug.

Is that what we want?

Is that what Republicans want?

Or do they want to be done with the Trump curse?
Liz Cheney as much as swore that if Trump was the nominee she'd ditched the Republican party and run as an independent solely to prevent Trump from getting near the WH again. It's conceivable she could steal enough votes away from Trump to assure his loss. I'd be right with her.

Liz Cheney as much as swore that if Trump was the nominee she'd ditched the Republican party and run as an independent solely to prevent Trump from getting near the WH again. It's conceivable she could steal enough votes away from Trump to assure his loss. I'd be right with her.
It's her calculus that there are enough voters to make this viable. I agree. Now just imagine the temper tantrum... It would be better for both his ego and this country if he sits this one out.

The only thing that could and did prevent a second Trump "term" with a strong likelihood of a descent into one party rule was a
coalition of democratic party and some independent voters comprised of black women and highly educate whites, 58 percent other, and 42 percent white. That won't change, as under educated whites are triggered by disinfo invested in and promoted by wealthiest G.O.P. donors needing insecure aggrieved whites to stay competitive in elections until they fulfill their efforts to subvert and delegitimize them.

If you don't support the democratic party financed coalition, the only counter to otherwise inevitable one party rule, kiss constitutional government
goodbye. Its opposition cannot be reasoned with, attraction to authoritarians is irresistible. Consider "the justifications" posted for supporting Trump or DeSantis. Example; what is DeSantis's proposal to increase the percentage of Floridians with four year or better, college degrees?

Answer, he's working to reduce the percentage because he knows G.O.P. depends on disinforming undereducated white voters to sufficiently anger and scare them enough to vote in large numbers for G.O.P. "protectors" of their "white dominance".

Last edited:
What does that say about here when she would rather have the opposition party in power.

What does that say about here when she would rather have the opposition party in power.
That she prefers constitutional government instead of one party rule.

-snip- Example; what is DeSantis's proposal to increase the percentage of Floridians with four year or better, college degrees?

Answer, he's working to reduce the percentage because he knows G.O.P. depends on disinforming undereducated white voters to sufficiently anger and scare them enough to vote in large numbers for G.O.P. "protectors" of their "white dominance".

No. I think you are missing the point entirely. What does this say about HIM? Cheney is a through and through patriot right-wing conservative politician. Trump is something else entirely - and there's no patriot in his vocabulary. At least that much must be plain to see.

I also never considered Trump a conservative. The 7-time party switcher adopted the political philosophy of whatever party he belonged to at the time. I don’t think Trump ever had a political ideology of his own. Whatever Trump does, he does so to benefit himself, no one else, no political party. The old conservative ideals the Republican Party used to stand for were thrown out the window when they latched onto Trump.

The big difference in the two major parties today is the Democrats still believe in the liberal political philosophy while the Republicans believe in only a man with no political ideology or philosophy. I used to say, Trump is the true bonified RINO, but with so many republicans following him, RINO doesn't cut it anymore. He and his followers are now CINO's, conservatives in name only as are his followers.
"...in only a man with no political ideology or philosophy."

Or morals, ethics, a conscience, ideology nor any empathy for anything.

I am not necessarily a "gop supporter". I AM an America First supporter.

And yes...I want Trump to run in 2024.
Please define "America First" in nice, simple and operational terms.

Let's avoid stupid sloganeering and focus on specific, implementable policies.

Back
Top Bottom