• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many gop supporters would still like to see trump run again in 2024?

I am not necessarily a "gop supporter". I AM an America First supporter.

And yes...I want Trump to run in 2024.

Why? Trump is not America first, he just pays lip service to it, which his gullible followers fall for. He is and always will be Donald Trump first in everything he does.

Is trump still the republican party or has the shine worn off?
And if he runs and wns in 2024, would that be his last term? Or, to put it better, would that term end? These are the type of questions Americans are now forced to ask.

And if he runs and wns in 2024, would that be his last term? Or, to put it better, would that term end? These are the type of questions Americans are now forced to ask.
He won't run for fear of losing, again. End of.

Is trump still the republican party or has the shine worn off?

All of them would, it is just that the majority of them are unwilling to say so.

I am not necessarily a "gop supporter". I AM an America First supporter.

And yes...I want Trump to run in 2024.
Can you explain to us how america would survive in a globalist economy by being an isolationist nation?

Oh, I'm sure you'll find a way to make the answer to that question a yes...no matter how badly you have to turn yourself into a pretzel to get that answer.
You are dismissed for using my pretzel logic phrase.

Why?

President Trump actually tried to do good things for the USA. He wants to return the USA to its former glory, rather than changing it to the USSA like the democrats are trying to do.

I think he is a vile egotistic snob, but at least he loves America.

Why is that an oxymoron?

Please elaborate.
Trump loves america? You have got to be kidding?

Why?

President Trump actually tried to do good things for the USA.
That's laughable. He certainly did not. What he did was to do everything to enrich himself, his family, his friends, his ilk, and all at the expense of middle class tax payers. Far too late for your revisionist history. The evidence has long been in. He lied, and you bought it - hook, line and sinker. Shame on you.
He wants to return the USA to its former glory, ....
.... the "former glory" of which refers to a post-war time when, among other salient distinctions, the USA was a manufacturing powerhouse, the top tax rate for the wealthiest Americans was 90%, and strong union wages enabled single income families to buy a home, and put their kids through college. Trump did zero to return us to that "former glory". ZERO! That was the former glory he alluded to - but the former glory he actually worked toward was the former glory of the gilded age because, as the record clearly shows, Trump himself was a robber baron!

You're suffering from faux-stalgia - a fond memory of a time that never existed.
rather than changing it to the USSA like the democrats are trying to do.
Zero evidence of that.
I think he is a vile egotistic snob,
Agreed
but at least he loves America.
Zero evidence of that. Loving America for Trump has been nothing but lip service from day one, and continues right up until this day. Loving America means loving its Constitution, its history, and its time honored traditions, paramount among them the peaceful transfer of power when you LOSE an election. In these precepts alone, Trump has more than adequately demonstrated that he HATES America! Trump loves only Trump, and that is more than clear to anyone with their eyes open. I'm sorry yours aren't.
Why is that an oxymoron?
Please elaborate.
It's an oxymoron because anyone who actually believes in "America first" wouldn't want Trump anywhere near the White House in 2025, which Mycroft seems to. Mycroft's two sentences are conjoined incongruities. That's what makes his post an oxymoron.

The globalists will do their best to make sure the GOP candidate is beholden to them. Trump won't be.
Even going back to the days of sailing ships a global economy existed but you want america to be an isolationist country, why?

this year’s midterms will or should be a big disappointment to the GOP and Trumpers alike. Maybe then, Republicans will finally realize how much of an albatross Trump is hanging around the Republicans neck. Then again, maybe not. When it comes to Trump, most Republicans are blind as a bat.
It seems to me that they already know but can't do anything about it. The clown is famous. He is adored by his base. How do the adult Pubs deal with such a situation?

Why? Trump is not America first, he just pays lip service to it,
Yeah, the same way he hugs the flag and then uses its pole to overthrow the US government.

Why?

President Trump actually tried to do good things for the USA. He wants to return the USA to its former glory, rather than changing it to the USSA like the democrats are trying to do.

Why is that an oxymoron?

Please elaborate.
That's the thing. he doesn't love America, he loves himself. He tried to overthrow the cornerstone of our democracy just because he can't stand losing.

He continues to attack elections just because he didn't like the outcome. He's the very antithesis of loving America.

I just don't get the support this man.

That's the thing. he doesn't love America, he loves himself. He tried to overthrow the cornerstone of our democracy just because he can't stand losing.

He continues to attack elections just because he didn't like the outcome. He's the very antithesis of loving America.

I just don't get the support this man.
Occams razor.....the easiest answer is generally the right one. In this case, the easiest answer is not likely very palatable to anybody with a brain.

The poor flag has to be burned after he sexually assaults it.
Humping the American flag to the screams of adoration from his mob.

If that's not a primal, pagan ceremony, I'm not sure what might be.

It seems to me that they already know but can't do anything about it. The clown is famous. He is adored by his base. How do the adult Pubs deal with such a situation?
That’s the Republican Party’s problem. They brought Trump on the scene, it’s up to them to descene him or get rid of him. I’ll tell you this, from all the numbers I’ve seen, independents, swing voters are leery about voting for Trump endorsed candidate or even a Trump led party.

Can you explain to us how america would survive in a globalist economy by being an isolationist nation?
America First does not mean isolationist.

Even going back to the days of sailing ships a global economy existed but you want america to be an isolationist country, why?
I'm not talking about "global economy".

Seriously...you should know by now what "globalist" means.

Why?

Why is that an oxymoron?

Please elaborate.

When exactly did the USA stop being glorious? And how did it stop being glorious?

How do you know what a total stranger "loves"? And if he "loved America" so much, why did he and his spawn send all of their manufacturing jobs overseas to the sweatshops of Asia?

He won't run for fear of losing, again. End of.

At first blush, this seems the logical assumption. But logic need not necessarily apply.

Trump has thrived off his invented martyrdom from having the election "stolen" from him. Even if he runs and loses, I am not certain Trump couldn't continue to grift off further martyrdom, all in the name of "Saving America" (tm).

I never would have envisioned Trump's "stop the steal" grift would work the way it did. And that makes it difficult for me to assume much about the future.

Back
Top Bottom