• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many gop supporters would still like to see trump run again in 2024?

Please define "America First" in nice, simple and operational terms.

Let's avoid stupid sloganeering and focus on specific, implementable policies.
Well, you can listen to Trump explain it...

You can read about what a writer at the WSJ says about it...

But I really like what this everyday citizen says...

Profile photo for Brian Keevan
I have watched, listened, & studied with an OPEN mind.6y
I believe Donald Trump is referring to putting American citizens & interests before other peoples & countries.​
When I look at our foreign policy of the past several years, I see the US SERIOUSLY in debt, yet still paying or loaning other countries billions of US $. Also, we have allowed people from other countries to come here illegally, yet we currently have issues, poverty, & homeless here that need attention, a VA that is not doing the best to care for our veterans, & roads & bridges and infrastructure that is outdated & aged.​
Simplified, I think of my family and my neighbors…. If I am able, I would help my neighbors anyway I can. However, if my finances and resources become tight, the main focus of my remaining finances & attention MUST be applied to my immediate family only.​
Lets be honest…..How many of us would tie up our personal property, credit, etc. in order to borrow $ from a bank or financial institution in order to loan (or give) that money to an individual that lives 6 blocks away, and with whom you have never even met?​
I understand we have an obligation to help others, but if we don’t take care of ourselves (America) first, then we may not be able to help anyone else further down the road.​
This is how I interpret “America First.”​

Well, you can listen to Trump explain it...

You can read about what a writer at the WSJ says about it...

But I really like what this everyday citizen says...

Profile photo for Brian Keevan
I have watched, listened, & studied with an OPEN mind.6y
I believe Donald Trump is referring to putting American citizens & interests before other peoples & countries.​
When I look at our foreign policy of the past several years, I see the US SERIOUSLY in debt, yet still paying or loaning other countries billions of US $. Also, we have allowed people from other countries to come here illegally, yet we currently have issues, poverty, & homeless here that need attention, a VA that is not doing the best to care for our veterans, & roads & bridges and infrastructure that is outdated & aged.​
Simplified, I think of my family and my neighbors…. If I am able, I would help my neighbors anyway I can. However, if my finances and resources become tight, the main focus of my remaining finances & attention MUST be applied to my immediate family only.​
Lets be honest…..How many of us would tie up our personal property, credit, etc. in order to borrow $ from a bank or financial institution in order to loan (or give) that money to an individual that lives 6 blocks away, and with whom you have never even met?​
I understand we have an obligation to help others, but if we don’t take care of ourselves (America) first, then we may not be able to help anyone else further down the road.​
This is how I interpret “America First.”​
So, simply put, the so-called "America First" movement is nothing more than a rebranding of the early 20th century isolationist movement.

Sorry, that won't work. We live in a highly complex and very interdependent world.

So, simply put, the so-called "America First" movement is nothing more than a rebranding of the early 20th century isolationist movement.
No. It is not "isolationist".

It is taking part in world affairs, but putting the interests of the US before the interests of anyone else.

Sorry, that won't work. We live in a highly complex and very interdependent world.
"highly complex and very interdependent" does not mean we have to put the interests of others before the interests of the US.

No. It is not "isolationist".

It is taking part in world affairs, but putting the interests of the US before the interests of anyone else.

"highly complex and very interdependent" does not mean we have to put the interests of others before the interests of the US.
Nah, just isolationism dressed up in a party dress.

Out of date, out of step and utterly impractical.

All presidents do that, with the exception of Donald Trump, who still can't say a negative word about his boss Putin.

Trump is the only POTUS in my memory who didn't put America first.

All presidents do that, with the exception of Donald Trump, who still can't say a negative word about his boss Putin.

Trump is the only POTUS in my memory who didn't put America first.
Bingo!

No. I think you are missing the point entirely. What does this say about HIM? Cheney is a through and through patriot right-wing conservative politician. Trump is something else entirely - and there's no patriot in his vocabulary. At least that much must be plain to see.
The problem is, this would give the democrats the win. She is against her own party that way.

The problem is, this would give the democrats the win. She is against her own party that way.
Right. She cares more for country than for party. I wish more of us did.

Thankfully, more than 81 million Americans disagreed with that kind of stupidity in November 2020.
I know they do. It's alarming how many people hate our constitution and morality.

I know they do. It's alarming how many people hate our constitution and morality.
71 million of them (supposedly) voted for an immoral, constitution-destroying con man.

Anyone who cares about this country does not vote Trump.

Yea, exactly. Cuz' when I think about dedication to our constitution and a beacon of morality, I always think of Trump.

I did research it, some time back.

No, you did not. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted something so ignorant, since you are not a stupid person.

So your contention is that if the Trump family had not outsourced all of their manufacturing to the sweatshops of Asia, they would have gone bankrupt. So you think that any company manufacturing its products in the United States will go bankrupt. Yet you, like the other Trump worshippers, demand that jobs stop going to Asia and come back here. So in other words, you want every American company that manufactures its goods right here ('Murica first, you know) to go bankrupt.

Yea, exactly. Cuz' when I think about dedication to our constitution and a beacon of morality, I always think of Trump.
I'm sorry about your obsession.

No, you did not. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted something so ignorant, since you are not a stupid person.
I have traced lies about the former president in the past when these issues came out. One incident, it wasn't president Trump, but a contractor that hired the illegals. Do you expect him to know the details of every he delegates out? Anotrher incident, he wanted to bring in more legal immigrants.

If you have some damning proff, other than media lies to present, them please do so.
So your contention is that if the Trump family had not outsourced all of their manufacturing to the sweatshops of Asia, they would have gone bankrupt.
My contention is that once your competition does, you have to find ways to cut costs and compete one way or another, else go bankrupt. I don;t know if this is the case. This is actually something I don't recall hearing until now. Can you provide a reliable source to the allegation?
So you think that any company manufacturing its products in the United States will go bankrupt.
Most, yes. If they are competing with China made goods, then they cannot bring them to market cheap enough to compete.
Yet you, like the other Trump worshippers, demand that jobs stop going to Asia and come back here.
Why do you make things up to piss people off? Are you baiting me? I am not a "another" Trump worshipper. I just get sick and tired of people arguing from sheer ignorance, and try to point out their ignorance.
So in other words, you want every American company that manufactures its goods right here ('Murica first, you know) to go bankrupt.
No. I want imports to have a large enough tariff placed on them that American companies can compete.

And America should come first. Why is that do people make fun of that slogan unless such people are proud to show they hate America?

So your contention is that if the Trump family had not outsourced all of their manufacturing to the sweatshops of Asia, they would have gone bankrupt.
I just realized you changed the goalpost here.

You went from saying "him" to saying "his family."

Why are you being underhanded, changing the argument? His daughter does outsource. So?

Maybe you aren't aware of this, but his MAGA line was investigated.

The baseball-style “Make America Great Again” hats are indeed stitched together at a small factory in the Los Angeles area. But in a small sample tested by The Associated Press and an outside expert, at least one did not contain the specific type of U.S.-made fabric the manufacturer insists is always used for the hats.
---
Kennedy, the factory owner, provided the AP with a copy of a certificate dated March 24, 2016. It shows the purchase of 1,488 yards of U.S.-origin, red polyester-cotton blended fabric, called Saxtwill, from Carr Textile Corp. of Fenton, Missouri. Kennedy later provided copies of three other certificates from Carr Textile, dated September 2015, for components of black and white hats of U.S. origin.

The questionable fabric could be the supplier to Kennedy outsourcing some. It wouldn't surprise me if bootleggers have copied and sold hats and other items as well. We have seen reports of Amazon sometimes finding out they have sold counterfeit items. Without a full investigation, you lefties are arguing only out of spite and ignorance.

We have seen photos of knock-offs made in China. That doesn't mean they were contracted by him, and someone likely counterfeited them and illegally profited. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the left did it to discredit him.

I just realized you changed the goalpost here.

You went from saying "him" to saying "his family."

Why are you being underhanded, changing the argument? His daughter does outsource. So?

Maybe you aren't are of this, but his MAGA line was investigated.

The baseball-style “Make America Great Again” hats are indeed stitched together at a small factory in the Los Angeles area. But in a small sample tested by The Associated Press and an outside expert, at least one did not contain the specific type of U.S.-made fabric the manufacturer insists is always used for the hats.
---
Kennedy, the factory owner, provided the AP with a copy of a certificate dated March 24, 2016. It shows the purchase of 1,488 yards of U.S.-origin, red polyester-cotton blended fabric, called Saxtwill, from Carr Textile Corp. of Fenton, Missouri. Kennedy later provided copies of three other certificates from Carr Textile, dated September 2015, for components of black and white hats of U.S. origin.

The questionable fabric could be the supplier to Kennedy outsourcing some. It wouldn't surprise me if bootleggers have copied and sold them as well. We have seen reports of Amazon sometimes finding out they have sold counterfeit items. Without a full investigation, you lefties are arguing only out of spite and ignorance.

We have seen photos of knock-offs made in China. That doesn't mean they were contracted by him, and someone likely counterfeited them and illegally profited. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from the left did it to discredit him.

Why did you post this wall of derp? You know the Trump family runs the organization. Stop pretending to be stupid. Go back to wishing for American businesses to go bankrupt.

I have traced lies about the former president in the past when these issues came out. One incident, it wasn't president Trump, but a contractor that hired the illegals. Do you expect him to know the details of every he delegates out? Anotrher incident, he wanted to bring in more legal immigrants.

If you have some damning proff, other than media lies to present, them please do so.

My contention is that once your competition does, you have to find ways to cut costs and compete one way or another, else go bankrupt. I don;t know if this is the case. This is actually something I don't recall hearing until now. Can you provide a reliable source to the allegation?

Most, yes. If they are competing with China made goods, then they cannot bring them to market cheap enough to compete.

Why do you make things up to piss people off? Are you baiting me? I am not a "another" Trump worshipper. I just get sick and tired of people arguing from sheer ignorance, and try to point out their ignorance.

No. I want imports to have a large enough tariff placed on them that American companies can compete.

And America should come first. Why is that do people make fun of that slogan unless such people are proud to show they hate America?

I stopped at the first paragraph of derp. I posted about the Trump Organization manufacturing its goods in Asian sweatshops. You are babbling incoherently about contractors hiring illegals. Can you please borrow the translator from Svetlana so you stop wasting my time with stupid posts?

Why did you post this wall of derp? You know the Trump family runs the organization. Stop pretending to be stupid. Go back to wishing for American businesses to go bankrupt.
You just look at one fact and create others?

That's not how facts work, and I'm sorry you think they do.

Do you have anything substantial?

I stopped at the first paragraph of derp.
Derp... What a juvenile word...
I posted about the Trump Organization manufacturing its goods in Asian sweatshops.
I don't recall seeing it. What post or thread please.
You are babbling incoherently about contractors hiring illegals.
I don't babble. Do you always start insult games?
Can you please borrow the translator from Svetlana so you stop wasting my time with stupid posts?
Which meaning are you referring to? Can you be less specific?

Am I suppose to "know things" by magic like you seemingly claim to?

You just look at one fact and create others?

That's not how facts work, and I'm sorry you think they do.

Do you have anything substantial?

You're mad because my posts were crystal clear and you didn't understand them, so you went off half cocked posting about illegals. Borrow the translator from Svetlana and catch up.

You're mad because my posts were crystal clear and you didn't understand them, so you went off half cocked posting about illegals. Borrow the translator from Svetlana and catch up.
They are not clear. Full of unsupported allegations, which can be seen as school girl gossip, slander, etc.

They are not clear. Full of unsupported allegations, which I call slander.

If you don't know where the Trump organization manufactured its products, you are wasting my time. Google it like I told you earlier. Use Svetlana's translator.

Back
Top Bottom