• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How has Hollywood and the Mass Media brainwashed Christians?

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Believe what the Bible SAYS and do not accept what people wish you to accept.

"Believe what the Bible SAYS and do not accept what people wish you to accept"
You know, you can't go to the trouble of printing out every single combination of the Powerball Lottery on 746 sheets of paper, and when the
balls are picked, run screaming with joy exclaiming: OMG!..I could have hit the Lottery if I had played that number!

I agree to some extent. Some people are of the false belief that you can be a member of any Abrahamic religion and be gay. Get real folks, Yahweh hates gay people. It's all throughout the books the sheepherders wrote.

If gay people would stop pretending Christianity is tolerant of them, more and more would leave this repressive religion behind.

Good riddance.

"Believe what the Bible SAYS and do not accept what people wish you to accept"
You know, you can't go to the trouble of printing out every single combination of the Powerball Lottery on 746 sheets of paper, and when the
balls are picked, run screaming with joy exclaiming: OMG!..I could have hit the Lottery if I had played that number!
And by what you said, you mean what exactly?

What does the Bible say about homosexuality, slavery and clean/unclean animals? It seems that some of what the (OT) Bible says is supposed to be taken as an unchangeable absolute (word of God?) while other things are changed over time based on the flimsiest of later (NT) inferences.

I agree to some extent. Some people are of the false belief that you can be a member of any Abrahamic religion and be gay. Get real folks, Yahweh hates gay people. It's all throughout the books the sheepherders wrote.

If gay people would stop pretending Christianity is tolerant of them, more and more would leave this repressive religion behind.

Good riddance.
Let's get one thing correct, GOD loves people, but not all behaviors. GOD through Christ will accept anyone where he is; however, GOD will then start HIS work to change that individual to become more CHRISTLIKE.

How do you think Hollywood and the media have brainwashed Christians? Many of them? Most of them? A few of them?

And have you watched any of "The Chosen"?

Let's get one thing correct, GOD loves people, but not all behaviors. GOD through Christ will accept anyone where he is; however, GOD will then start HIS work to change that individual to become more CHRISTLIKE.
Your god might, but the god the bible depicts does not.

How do you think Hollywood and the media have brainwashed Christians? Many of them? Most of them? A few of them?

And have you watched any of "The Chosen"?
No, I have not watched any of THE CHOSEN. I have a hard time dealing with "artistic license". That is not to say there is or there isn't in this show; however, I do find that producers have a very difficult time sticking to the ORIGINAL script (The BIBLE Text) without improvising. When has Hollywood showed Homosexuality in a bad light recently? They "Homosexuals" are always smart, witty, cleaver, artistic, misunderstood, good, kind, sweet, suffering, victimized ----- who doesn't have some personal issues in real life that are not one's own fault?

And where is that exactly. GOD does deal with some very nasty people. Judgement is never easy to swallow.
Psalm 11:5
Psalm 5:5
Proverbs 6:16-19

Psalm 11:5​

5 The Lord examines the righteous,​

but the wicked, those who love violence,

he hates with a passion.​

And? You said your god doesn't hate people.

Psalm 11:5​

5 The Lord examines the righteous,​

but the wicked, those who love violence,

he hates with a passion.​

Are you asserting that “those” does not refer to people rather than behavior?

And? You said your god doesn't hate people.
GOD died for everyone, so that they might be saved. HOWEVER, HIS justice requires that those that reject HIS SALVATON will fall under judgement/condemnation. GOD does HATE those who live by violence or to be violent.

GOD died for everyone, so that they might be saved. HOWEVER, HIS justice requires that those that reject HIS SALVATON will fall under judgement/condemnation. GOD does HATE those who live by violence or to be violent.
So when your god's people slaughtered women and children, did he hate those who did the killing?

PSALM 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all aworkers of iniquity.

Should a GOD of LOVE promote iniquity (unfair behavior)?

Eh, the OP simply proves further what John said long ago...

"the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one" 1 John 5:19

Proverbs 6:16-19

16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

I don't know what you want me to say here? DO YOU ASPIRE TO EMULATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS?

The murderers reaped what they sowed.
You said your god hated violent people. When your god's people killed women and children, they did so using violence. So your god really doesn't hate violent people, just people that aren't his followers.

You said your god hated violent people. When your god's people killed women and children, they did so using violence. So your god really doesn't hate violent people, just people that aren't his followers.
There are two real choices in life and no more. Either one wishes to follow GOD. Or one is a child of the devil. Which is your choice? The issue is of eternal consequences.

There are two real choices in life and no more. Either one wishes to follow GOD. Or one is a child of the devil. Which is your choice? The issue is of eternal consequences.
Ah, so you no longer support the idea that your god doesn't hate anyone. Good for you.

Back
Top Bottom