• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How has Hollywood and the Mass Media brainwashed Christians?

Thank you for the clarification. (And I think you would love "The Chosen.") I looked up the preacher in the OP's video. Played football for Rice and took his first degree at Houston Baptist. Had a pastorate in Spring but is now in Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voddie_Baucham
Interesting I'll have to take a look at the chosen.

The video in the op mostly seems like sjw type of thing.

You said your god hated violent people. When your god's people killed women and children, they did so using violence. So your god really doesn't hate violent people, just people that aren't his followers.
You just said in a different thread that you don't do Bible stuff anymore. Quote: "I don't do bible nonsense anymore. I left that behind years ago."

So do you do it or not?

You just said in a different thread that you don't do Bible stuff anymore. Quote: "I don't do bible nonsense anymore. I left that behind years ago."

So do you do it or not?
I admit, I like to point out obvious contradictions.

Whoops!

Yep. Trust in the Bible. Like how it says Slavery is a-okay, no matter what Hollywood and Mass Media try to tell you about slavery being evil.

God never calls it evil (except when the Hebrews were slaves, but then he immediately turned around and said it was okay after that).
You're a slave to drugs, sex, booze, and your atheism. Eternity for you at this moment is bleak.

And if he fails?
GOD never fails. The choice is entirely yours. And being on this website and others (I suppose) what excuse could you possibly have? You never heard the Gospel? No one ever informed you?

You're a slave to drugs, sex, booze, and your atheism. Eternity for you at this moment is bleak.

I only have sex with my wife, don’t use drugs, drink maybe 2 cocktails or beers a week, and my atheism is just a fact. I don’t believe in any gods. I can’t be a slave to that.

But your failure to counter my point showed how morally bankrupt you are. Your religion says it’s okay to own living humans as property.

GOD never fails. The choice is entirely yours. And being on this website and others (I suppose) what excuse could you possibly have? You never heard the Gospel? No one ever informed you?
If God never fails, why did Adam & Eve screw up? Why did God need to flood the world for a restart? It seems your God screwed up big. And if there were a God, then we'd really have no choice at all.

Eternity without sex, booze, or other fun things sure seems bleak to me. Quite Hellish, one would say

GOD never fails.
Then there probably would never be any gay people. He either fails or he doesn't care.

The choice is entirely yours. And being on this website and others (I suppose) what excuse could you possibly have? You never heard the Gospel? No one ever informed you?
You got either fails or he doesn't care. See what you're desperate need to be right does?

How has Hollywood and the Mass Media brainwashed Christians?

Believe what the Bible SAYS and do not accept what people wish you to accept.

do you abide by all the things from the bible or just the ones you think are important?

Does god want every person to go to heaven?
No...He wants them to live on a paradise earth, as he originally purposed for mankind...

Everyone that WANTS to...your choice...

So you are confirming not everyone will do what god wants?

So you agree god will fail/is failing in their goal?

You said your god hated violent people. When your god's people killed women and children, they did so using violence. So your god really doesn't hate violent people, just people that aren't his followers.
The bible sure does humanize god much more than the hebrew bible or the torah does. Hate is a human emotion.

LOL, the moronic conservative hard on for trhe media is hysterical. The Media brainwasshed Christians? LOL Not Christianity itself? not the stupid churches, many that preach hate and stupidity? LOL

that's rich

The bible sure does humanize god much more than the hebrew bible or the torah does. Hate is a human emotion.
Interesting how god/s tend to take on the same traits and emotions as the mere mortals who imagine them.

So you are confirming not everyone will do what god wants?

So you agree god will fail/is failing in their goal?
Yes...

No...

Psalm 11:5​

5 The Lord examines the righteous,​

but the wicked, those who love violence,

he hates with a passion.​

The Lord ordered the wholesale genocide of entire tribes: the Canaanites, Amalekites, etc...

He had ordered complete extermination of not just the men, women, and children, but their cattle and livestock too.

"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”
Samuel 15:3

He was upset with Saul for sparing just their livestock, so he punishes him for that too.

So does the Lord hate himself for advocating such violence? Is he like one of those guys with anger management issues that does stuff in anger and then later hates himself for it?

"Look what you made me do!"

Back
Top Bottom