• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do we come together

Of the options below - which would have the single biggest impact on uniting our country?

• Republicans need to stand down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The media needs to obey the President

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We are NOT a Democracy; we are a Federated Republic.

We operate under a Constitution, which makes us a Republic, and we do this at several different levels (layers) of government... That makes us a Federated Republic.

The USA does not operate under mob rule. It operates under a Constitution.

If you are using the definitions of "democracy" and "republic", you would probably be right. But "democracy" is commonly used to describe USA, Canada, UK, and many other nations. Sometimes even Russia is called a democracy, but . . . .

Getting the exact definition is a moot point in this discussion. But to humor you, I would say that 10% of the Trump base would prefer a Trump monarchy rather a federated Republic.

Job 15:
“Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; And your own lips testify against you.

James 4:
Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

Romans 2:
Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, [c]when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God?

Romans 14:
But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God

This is hilarious. Mithros - who says not to judge, and that those who judge are hypocrites, IS JUDGING!

Laughing Hyena.jpg

Last edited:
If you are using the definitions of "democracy" and "republic", you would probably be right.
I am and correct.

But "democracy" is commonly used to describe USA, Canada, UK, and many other nations. Sometimes even Russia is called a democracy, but . . . .
Yes, it is incorrectly used in that way...

Getting the exact definition is a moot point in this discussion. But to humor you, I would say that 10% of the Trump base would prefer a Trump monarchy rather a federated Republic.
RandU Fallacy. This is argumentation based upon made up numbers...

A big part of the solution would be to stop giving equal voice and air time to fundamentalists. Because many of the democratic institutions, like the press, are privately owned now, there's more of an interest in sensationalism and profit making than conveying information that's crucial for democracy to function. So they will televise extremism because it shocks.

Rightists and leftists are a big problem right now, but it started with rightists. Please note I am not condemning the entire right wing, I'm condemning the extremist factions. Rightist populism has caused leftist reactionism, and the pendulum swings ever wider.

This seems like a manufactured problem. Cut the domestic job sector, decrease education, export wealth, and you're left with a disenfranchised population that is ripe for a populist politician to come in and start upsetting the whole system. I'm sorry, but this really did start with the GOP, all the way back to Nixon. Policy after policy squeezed the middle class into the situation they're in now, in order to increase obscene profits of the wealthy. The Dems are certainly partaking in the buffet, but they didn't create it. They reacted with more social spending. It's why the GOP, although distant from Trump, still ultimately support him. In many ways he still tows the line, even if he's wacko.

The original leak was never plugged. It was expanded and continually explained away. Now we have populism and rightism, which is always a consequence of people becoming more poor and more uneducated. When the Nazi Party took power in Germany, they did so because Europe had economically punished the German people into a miserable existence, and that made the concerns of every day people an easy selling point for Hitler. He rose to power, not because of his philosophy that led to the Final Solution, but because people believed he could bolster the economy. And he did... through war and divisive politics.

It's too late to turn back the clock now IMO. We are already on a collision course with a full on rightist government. It's just a matter of time before the Supreme Court is compromised.

This could've all been remedied by keeping the resources of America for all Americans.... keeping education cheap, keeping the labor sector robust. Instead, idealogues got in there who thought "why should we pay for somebody else" as a means to pilfer and horde a robust consumer middle class. Now nobody has anything and they're turning to heir fuhrer to go after imaginary culprits.

When the People are stressed to the max with daily living, they become fearful, and this makes them stupid. All it takes is a demagogue to start pointing the finger at a straw man and everyone gets on board. The mid-terms have proven we are on a collision course. No doubt about it.

I am rereading the Foundation Series by Issac Asimov. He prophesizes that democracy has a shelf-life on only two to three centuries. Then it collapses in on itself; then society reverts back to some kind of oligarchy. We indeed may be seeing the signs. On another lefty/righty forum, I proposed a Trump monarchy. Some people liked that idea!!!!!!

Your comments suggest a deep concern for the welfare of the USA and the rest of the world---and you are seeing the bigger picture. I would like to take you down another path, but unfortunately the rules of this forum prevent me (and I did check with the moderators). But with a little detective work, you should be able to follow the breadcrumbs on this forum to some new ideas I think you will appreciate.

How can hell be forever when it is thrown into the lake of fire to be destroyed? lol...

See - that's your error - thinking that what is cast into the Lake of Fire is destroyed. Revelation 21:8 says they shall be "consigned" to the fire, not destroyed in it.

We are a divided nation right now. What needs to happen in order for the US to come together?

The more important question is why would you want to force people together? Not everyone is meant to get along. Forcing people together and making them pretend everything is alright, besides being immoral, only fosters more resentment.

I am and correct.

Yes, it is incorrectly used in that way...

RandU Fallacy. This is argumentation based upon made up numbers...

My quick search on "RandU Fallacy" got a brief article on using randon numbers to describe climate change. I'm not seeing how that applies here. I am only offering my anecdoteal opinion.

But it would be interesting to do some research. Let's ask the Trump base this question: Would you prefer a Trump monarchy over the possibility of the Democrats getting the White House in 2020?

See - that's your error - thinking that what is cast into the Lake of Fire is destroyed. Revelation 21:8 says they shall be "consigned" to the fire, not destroyed in it.

LOL...throw something...anything into a fire and see how long it lasts...and if hell and the grave is to be thrown into the lake of fire, that certainly shows that fire is a symbol of destruction, because hell or the grave cannot literally be thrown into anything...use your noggin, LM...SMH...

We are a divided nation right now. What needs to happen in order for the US to come together?

Nothing I want to see happen while Trump is POTUS, for that would surely give him four more years, and I had rather contract an STD than endure that.

My quick search on "RandU Fallacy" got a brief article on using randon numbers to describe climate change. I'm not seeing how that applies here. I am only offering my anecdoteal opinion.
It's argumentation by made up numbers.

But it would be interesting to do some research. Let's ask the Trump base this question: Would you prefer a Trump monarchy over the possibility of the Democrats getting the White House in 2020?
I support President Trump. I would not prefer a Trump monarchy. I would prefer operating under the Federated Republic that our States, through the federal Constitution, set up...

Over me.

We are not a divided nation.

None of the above.

My answer is two-part:

1. The media...especially the so-called news organization...need to end their constant attacks on the President. They need to get back to the journalistic professionalism they once had.

2. The Democrats need to end their constant attacks on the President.

If those two things would happen, the President would be happy to sit down, work together with everyone in Congress and negotiate mutually beneficial courses of action. The useful idiots who listen to the media and the Democrats would fall in line.

Trump needs to tell the truth and stop attacking anyone who says something he does not like. He needs to be positive and then he will get positive coverage.

Any voter who votes that Trump needs to resign is just downright stupid. They know good and well that we had gridlock long before Trump came into the picture and if Trump resigns we will still have gridlock.

End Gerrymandering so elected officials lack 'safe havens' of highly partisan voters. Having to represent a cross section of their state instead of cherry picked packets...

She's gotta rub hers during.

Any voter who votes that Trump needs to resign is just downright stupid. They know good and well that we had gridlock long before Trump came into the picture and if Trump resigns we will still have gridlock.

Stupidity is to think any single one of those answers is the solution. The question was what would have the single biggest impact; not, what would solve the problem.

There are elements of each in the ultimate solution. At the moment, Trump is, IMHO, the single biggest obstacle to a united America. He going away will not unite us, but as long as 55% of the country believes he is unfit for office, removing Trump is the biggest first step we can make. The fact that more than half of America thinks he is flat out incompetent is prima facie to the argument that things have deteriorated under Trump.

Many of the other answers, especially "play nice" and "there is no problems" are much better candidates for "stupid answers" since they either denied the problem or were a result of the problem being solved rather than actual actions.

We know he isn't going to resign anytime soon, so even saying Trump should resign is nothing more than a hypothetical.

Last edited:
The bipartisan congressional master plan is to spend more than they dare ask for in taxation and call it essential to a healthy (or sick) economy. It obviously works as proven by a re-election rate of over 90%. It's much like an obese guy claiming that his diet is working because althiough he gains weight each year he feels better about it.

If it were an obese guy he'd have popped by now but I know what you are saying. Our economy isn't really working. Spending is out of control. Our debt is ridiculous. Our economy is like chain taking loans of various types spending it on stupid crap and hoping to die before the bills come due.

Stupidity is to think any single one of those answers is the solution. The question was what would have the single biggest impact; not, what would solve the problem.

There are elements of each in the ultimate solution. At the moment, Trump is, IMHO, the single biggest obstacle to a united America. He going away will not unite us, but as long as 55% of the country believes he is unfit for office, removing Trump is the biggest first step we can make. The fact that more than half of America thinks he is flat out incompetent is prima facie to the argument that things have deteriorated under Trump.

Many of the other answers, especially "play nice" and "there is no problems" are much better candidates for "stupid answers" since they either denied the problem or were a result of the problem being solved rather than actual actions.

We know he isn't going to resign anytime soon, so even saying Trump should resign is nothing more than a hypothetical.

Thanks for replying to the troll. However all but 2 of those are just as unlikely as Trump resigning. While Trump is the worst of the worst in this country he is only part of the problem. The loudest, most idiotic part, but still only part of the problem. No one in politics is really ever held accountable. He is just proving it beyond any question.

A catastrophic event
Nothing will bring us back together - we are too far gone

I quit reading after you first hateful remark. Do have a pleasant day.

Funny thing is I didn't say anything hateful toward you. You just know you are flat out wrong and rather than try to defend your failed position or admit you are wrong you will do what you usually do. Tuck tail and run back into your safety circle of right wing nationalists. Buh bye.

Come together? It will never happen except when we are attacked from without and have a common enemy. Our differences have never been more stark and especially under Trump.

None of the above.

My answer is two-part:

1. The media...especially the so-called news organization...need to end their constant attacks on the President. They need to get back to the journalistic professionalism they once had.

2. The Democrats need to end their constant attacks on the President.

If those two things would happen, the President would be happy to sit down, work together with everyone in Congress and negotiate mutually beneficial courses of action. The useful idiots who listen to the media and the Democrats would fall in line.

I have no desire to live in a nation that caters and whimpers to a man like Trump. He is a catastrophe and needs to be controlled. We have a free press to control this kind of madman. We will prevail, he will leave and we will recover. He is not America.

Back
Top Bottom