• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Jan. 6 committee announces last-minute hearing Tuesday

I watching Watergate as I write this, it's amazing the similarities between Nixon and Trump, same fears insecurities.

Same hatred for Dems, same paranoia

Demonize the press
And behind the scenes...a serious detachment from reality.

There's nothing to refute given that most of the large urban centers vote for Democratic candidates in presidential elections. I never thought Trump had much of a chance in major urban centers; he didn't do well in them back in 2016 either:

View attachment 67399448
Source
Keep ignoring the link showing that In Person voting even in large blue states went to Trump whereas record numbers of mail in ballots went to Biden. You still haven't give a valid logical reason why people can't go to the polls in person, your bogus argument work schedule is just another made up liberal excuse. You simply don't have the ability to admit being wrong

Nixon did not endorse the lynching of the VP, as Trump did, so there is that.
It is truly amazing how leftist focus on rhetoric and how rhetoric trumps actual results, Probably has a lot to do with the very poor Biden poll numbers on the economy and very high Trump approval ratings on the economy. I always was taught that results matter not rhetoric, liberals have taken rhetoric to extreme heights indoctrinating a lot of people, getting them to ignore results and giving us two incompetents in the WH

Keep ignoring the link showing that In Person voting even in large blue states went to Trump whereas record numbers of mail in ballots went to Biden. You still haven't give a valid logical reason why people can't go to the polls in person, your bogus argument work schedule is just another made up liberal excuse. You simply don't have the ability to admit being wrong
I think we should vote in person but the polls are at the top of ten flights of stairs with no handrails.

That should level the playing field a bit, considering the age and general fitness of trump supporters.

Never at the polls. 100% confidence that voter fraud has never happened at any of the polls I worked at in many different areas I worked for over 35 years now. It is almost impossible for voter fraud when the people voting are also the ones counting the votes. However what goes on behind closed doors when the people being elected who have everything to gain including great wealth from fraud are doing the counting. I would be very very concerned about having the fox counting the chickens.
Again: please name a single election where the results have been so influenced by fraud that the wrong person, the one with more votes, lost.

And we all know trump instructed his thralls to vote in person so the left couldn’t steal their ballots. And that dems leaned mail in sue to the pandemic.

The rest of the world even had a term for what that was going to cause:

The red mirage.

Isn’t it odd none of y’all heard a word about it before the election?

Never at the polls. 100% confidence that voter fraud has never happened at any of the polls I worked at in many different areas I worked for over 35 years now. It is almost impossible for voter fraud when the people voting are also the ones counting the votes. However what goes on behind closed doors when the people being elected who have everything to gain including great wealth from fraud are doing the counting. I would be very very concerned about having the fox counting the chickens.
Yet republicans in several states states have declared themselves the official foxes for elections going forward.

Right, cannot refute the fact that those cities gave Biden the EC victory and they all came from mail in ballots counted AFTER the polls had closed. You want to believe signatures were checked in these Democrat strongholds? You got the results you wanted and now we pay for those results. Live comfortably in your own home ignoring the actual results that never match the liberal rhetoric
Some of those states don’t allow mail in votes to be counted until after the polls close.

Funny that they left that out of your narrative.

I think we should vote in person but the polls are at the top of ten flights of stairs with no handrails.

That should level the playing field a bit, considering the age and general fitness of trump supporters.
Age does qualify people for absentee ballots, and love the joke about climbing 10 flights of stairs which obviously isn't at any polling location
And we all know trump instructed his thralls to vote in person so the left couldn’t steal their ballots. And that dems leaned mail in sue to the pandemic.

The rest of the world even had a term for what that was going to cause:

The red mirage.

Isn’t it odd none of y’all heard a word about it before the election?
Safety and cleanest polling locations I have ever seen, obviously that reality escapes you as does reality that in person voting went for Trump whereas scared stay at home dependent on liberal economic people voted from their couch

Some of those states don’t allow mail in votes to be counted until after the polls close.

Funny that they left that out of your narrative.
Funny how all those mail in ballots showing up after the polls closed went to Biden, what a coincidence. If you can't vote in person, qualify for an absentee ballot, tough, your vote shouldn't be cast

Age does qualify people for absentee ballots, and love the joke about climbing 10 flights of stairs which obviously isn't at any polling location

Safety and cleanest polling locations I have ever seen, obviously that reality escapes you as does reality that in person voting went for Trump whereas scared stay at home dependent on liberal economic people voted from their couch
Nice failed attempt to counter my statement.

Nice failed attempt to counter my statement.
No what is a failure is an attempt to justify mail in ballots and the fact that Trump haters didn't have the guts to show up at the polls to cast their ballots. That plus the fact that regardless of what the left wants to believe mail in ballots are more subject to fraud than in person voting and it only took 175,000 to swing the EC to Biden. We are all paying for that hatred you and others have for Trump NOW.

With regard to the OP what results will cure your TDS?

Funny how all those mail in ballots showing up after the polls closed went to Biden, what a coincidence. If you can't vote in person, qualify for an absentee ballot, tough, your vote shouldn't be cast
Not funny. Entirely predictable. Trump told his people to vote in person to keep dems from stealing their ballots. Dems voted by mail because Covid.

Consensus reality has a name for what you witnessed and everybody in the world except consumers of conservative media knew was going to happen: the red mirage.

You obviously weren’t aware that some states don’t allow mail in votes to be counted until after the polls close. And diverted away from the actual dynamics of the election.

All you ever has is assertions from cherry picked data and angry dismissal of any data that contradicts the ones you so carefully selected.

No what is a failure is an attempt to justify mail in ballots and the fact that Trump haters didn't have the guts to show up at the polls to cast their ballots. That plus the fact that regardless of what the left wants to believe mail in ballots are more subject to fraud than in person voting and it only took 175,000 to swing the EC to Biden. We are all paying for that hatred you and others have for Trump NOW.

Why did they need guts? If you want it difficult to vote let’s make it really difficult to vote. Let physical ability determine elections.

If you had your way the only way a Dem would be allowed to vote is if they ate a big bowl of trumps shit first, corn and all.

Further, if you need food I demand you walk to the grocery store and don’t get to use bags. Otherwise you are a *****.

Not funny. Entirely predictable. Trump told his people to vote in person to keep dems from stealing their ballots. Dems voted by mail because Covid.

Consensus reality has a name for what you witnessed and everybody in the world except consumers of conservative media knew was going to happen: the red mirage.

You obviously weren’t aware that some states don’t allow mail in votes to be counted until after the polls close. And diverted away from the actual dynamics of the election.

All you ever has is assertions from cherry picked data and angry dismissal of any data that contradicts the ones you so carefully selected.
Seems that Trump supporters were passionate about their candidate whereas liberal supporters out of hatred voted for Biden. You honestly believe that voters supporting Trump went to the polls because Trump told them too? Why would you even have a problem with people going to the polls regardless?

Don't really care when those cities counted those mail in ballots it is obvious that Trump was leading in those states until mail in ballots were counted, what a coincidence they are all major Blue cities

Why did they need guts? If you want it difficult to vote let’s make it really difficult to vote. Let physical ability determine elections.

If you had your way the only way a Dem would be allowed to vote is if they ate a big bowl of trumps shit first, corn and all.
How is person difficult to vote and why is that even an issue, You have no passion or interest in the political process why should it be easy for those people to vote

Keep ignoring the link showing that In Person voting even in large blue states went to Trump whereas record numbers of mail in ballots went to Biden.
This would only be a surprise if you weren't watching the news an had been following all of the polling showing most Democrat voters were going to vote by mail because of the pandemic; you seem to ignore that critical component. So yet again you frame another house of cards premise that topples itself over. Since you have no evidence to back your mail in ballot fraud assertions except supposition and opinion, come back when you have "verifiable facts and data" as you often say.

You still haven't give a valid logical reason why people can't go to the polls in person, your bogus argument work schedule is just another made up liberal excuse. You simply don't have the ability to admit being wrong
I sure did, that your absurdly obtuse criterion of "people must go to the polls if they're serious!!" is not logical at all, nor have you presented a sound argument against mail in voting. All of your reasons to not do it are based on unfounded claims of not even actual fraud, but potential fraud you cannot even quantify.
🤭

How is person difficult to vote and why is that even an issue, You have no passion or interest in the political process why should it be easy for those people to vote
Why shouldn’t it be easy to vote?

There is nothing in the constitution that’s says voting should be some kind of ordeal.

You know, conservative state legislatures passed mail-in balloting laws and were quite pleased with the results for years. It's only when the Democrats used it more that they claim its a problem and have sought to change it.

This is how tyranny works.

That's the thing though, when one's argument is based on just the possibility of fraud as a reason why a particular method shouldn't be used, the details no longer matter. I can easily argue (without evidence) that fraud by pollsters is possible, and that would be the crux of my argument. That's the rationale being used against mail in voting despite there being no evidence of any widespread fraud. From a paranoid skeptic's perspective, I can say that I have no idea who the pollsters are or their intentions.
Funny you say this. The very reason I worked the polls for the first time was because I made a comment to a poll worker that I was concerned about my vote counting. I was immediately approached by the judge of elections who said I can prove to you your vote will be counted. How is that I asked. He said by having you work the polls. I will pay you to work and you might be surprised but a lot of bosses will pay you to work. But the most important reason for you to work the polls is because when We the People count our votes they will be counted. If and when the government starts counting your vote you have good reason for concern.

Was mail in voting an issue for you in past elections?
How about 2016 when Trump won?

I find it interesting that the discussion regarding mail in voting became more ramped up after Trump lost.
In my State the Republican Governors and Legislature have been promoting mail in voting for decades.
One loss and it is not a major issue.

Not buying the bs one bit.

Funny you say this. The very reason I worked the polls for the first time was because I made a comment to a poll worker that I was concerned about my vote counting. I was immediately approached by the judge of elections who said I can prove to you your vote will be counted. How is that I asked. He said by having you work the polls. I will pay you to work and you might be surprised but a lot of bosses will pay you to work. But the most important reason for you to work the polls is because when We the People count our votes they will be counted. If and when the government starts counting your vote you have good reason for concern.
Again, this still involves people trusting the integrity of pollsters and election workers, which to a paranoid skeptic doesn't mean much of anything if the crux of their argument is that fraud is possible.

You know, conservative state legislatures passed mail-in balloting laws and were quite pleased with the results for years. It's only when the Democrats used it more that they claim its a problem and have sought to change it.

This is how tyranny works.
So what, I gave my opinion and I stand by it, your problem is you cannot justify not voting in person as voter participation isn't a valid reason

Was mail in voting an issue for you in past elections?
How about 2016 when Trump won?

I find it interesting that the discussion regarding mail in voting became more ramped up after Trump lost.
In my State the Republican Governors and Legislature have been promoting mail in voting for decades.
One loss and it is not a major issue.

Not buying the bs one bit.
LOL, not to the extent it was during this election cycle and nothing changes the reality that you cannot give a valid reason for people not going to the polls or valid proof that there cannot be mail in ballot fraud. You keep buying that liberal bs, show up at the polls or your vote won't be counted, MY OPINION

Back
Top Bottom