• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hillary Clinton Roundly Criticized for Referring to the Unborn as a ‘Person’

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hillary Clinton faced criticism from both sides of the abortion debate on Monday after she waded into the fraught argument about when life begins by describing the unborn as a “person.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/04/hillary-clinton-roundly-criticized-for-referring-to-the-unborn-as-a-person/

Other stories:

Hillary Clinton: 'Unborn person' has no constitutional rights - Washington Times

Hillary Clinton says 'the unborn person doesn't have constitutional rights' | Daily Mail Online

There is a whole list of them from blogs to hard news sites....So we know she said it....Does that mean that we can all now call it what it is....Killing an unborn person....

It's Hillary. She's roundly criticized for everything, probably even the way she brushes her teeth. Haters gonna hate.

It's Hillary. She's roundly criticized for everything, probably even the way she brushes her teeth. Haters gonna hate.

This is expected as Hillary has become more roundly than she used to be. :mrgreen:

It wasn't a smart move on her part though you have to admit. In attempting to be more in the middle it appears, she is drawing ire from both the left and the right.
She knows what she is doing, I don't think anything she says isn't pre planned. And this wasn't an impromptu situation it was a campaign event. Her calculation as to how this would go this time wasn't well thought out I think.

Other stories:

Hillary Clinton: 'Unborn person' has no constitutional rights - Washington Times

Hillary Clinton says 'the unborn person doesn't have constitutional rights' | Daily Mail Online

There is a whole list of them from blogs to hard news sites....So we know she said it....Does that mean that we can all now call it what it is....Killing an unborn person....

No, it doesn't mean that. What it does mean is that Clinton is wrong and needs to learn about the issue before she opens her mouth. I'm a little disappointed that she hasn't...especially if she wants the women's vote.

/thread

New day, new form of Hillary-bashing. Nothing to see here. Let's move on.

And the fact she is arrogant, condescending, mean spirited, self-absorbed ,power hungry and a serial liar has little to do with it ! :roll:

/thread

Too much like shooting fish in a barrel !!!! :lol:

/thread

She said it, she owns it. We have to stop making excuses.
Perhaps a Freudian slip, and not what she intended to say. Nevertheless, it shows that she may have a heart deep down in her soul. Who knows, perhaps seeing her grand on an ultrasound image may have done the trick.

She brushes her teeth? I thought sandblasting was her preferred method, but if you say she brushes them, I'll take your word for it.

Well, what do you expect? She's a Conservative fundamentalist Christian masquerading around as a Liberal (not defending Liberals here, either).

No, it doesn't mean that. What it does mean is that Clinton is wrong and needs to learn about the issue before she opens her mouth. I'm a little disappointed that she hasn't...especially if she wants the women's vote.

I'm not sure there's a monolithic "woman's vote" anymore, but if there is, I agree with you. Clinton doesn't seem to realize that this isn't the '80's and sounds out of touch, at least to me. She appears not to have known that the abortion argument has shifted to the issue of "personhood," and so she stumbled right into it.

I'm not sure there's a monolithic "woman's vote" anymore, but if there is, I agree with you. Clinton doesn't seem to realize that this isn't the '80's and sounds out of touch, at least to me. She appears not to have known that the abortion argument has shifted to the issue of "personhood," and so she stumbled right into it.

I'm not sure there is either...but she probably has the older women's vote. I agree with you, too. Ya, she stumbled right into it, alright. I don't think she could afford to make a gaffe like that. <sigh> This election is wearing me out. lol

All the head-shaking's going to send me to a physical therapist.

There's never been an election like this in my lifetime...and it's not even summer yet!

Other stories:

Nope, it still depends on the developmental stage it has reached before being referred to as a Person, no matter who is outraged and stomps their feet.

Well, what do you expect? She's a Conservative fundamentalist Christian masquerading around as a Liberal (not defending Liberals here, either).

She's a ****ing harpy fully committed to NARAL and Planned Parenthood's campaign to kill human beings for money.

There is no such masquerade here. She made an error, but make no mistake about her beliefs in this regard. She is a hatemonger and will be responsible for the deaths of many innocent human beings should we let her have power.

She said it, she owns it. We have to stop making excuses.
Perhaps a Freudian slip, and not what she intended to say. Nevertheless, it shows that she may have a heart deep down in her soul. Who knows, perhaps seeing her grand on an ultrasound image may have done the trick.

I suppose you are an expert on when exactly a human life begins? Please, share with us that information, complete with your peer-reviewed research.

I suppose you are an expert on when exactly a human life begins? Please, share with us that information, complete with your peer-reviewed research.

This is about Clinton, and I refuse to discuss anything else.

That question has been answered for quite some time now.

This is not an area which requires expertise. Anyone who took biology coursework and paid attention knows this fact.

It is frankly absurd that you are trying to pose such a "challenge."

It's patently obvious when life begins, unless you just got drunk again and slept with another anonymous Steve.

I mean, the party must go on, right? You can't be pregnant. It's almost spring break and you just bought a new one-piece.

Who needs little Megan around when there's so much fun to be had?

It's patently obvious when life begins, unless you just got drunk again and slept with another anonymous Steve.

I mean, the party must go on, right? You can't be pregnant. It's almost spring break and you just bought a new one-piece.

Who needs little Megan around when there's so much fun to be had?

Since it's so patently obvious, why don't you enlighten us as to when life begins. Because even scientists aren't sure of the exact moment in time.

Since it's so patently obvious, why don't you enlighten us as to when life begins. Because even scientists aren't sure of the exact moment in time.

This is a boldfaced lie.

Back
Top Bottom