• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello, it's me

I miss ackee and saltfish. I miss chicken foot soup. I miss the soup man on his bicycle. I miss listening to the tree frogs. I miss those so damn clear waters.
I saw a dolphin once when swimming from Negril Escape. Didn't have my snorkel gear on since I was just floating around, but it was less than fifty feet away from me.
I miss the glass bottom boats and the sound of the rain on the tin roofs. I miss ginger beer and champagne cola and the patties. I miss most of all the music..the people playing music from every speaker around. and singing with the songs. People don't look at you strange when you sing out loud in Jamaica..it's just a thing everyone does. I miss the ganja and buying single cigarettes on a budget. I miss everything about Jamaica. Everything about it except I never saw my true love there.

So my missing a true love has nothing to do with Jamaica, but if I could..I would get to meet him and ask him if he ever wanted to go to Negril with me. You see..here's the craziest part. I don't know what he looks like because I haven't met him yet. I just know he's out there. My one true love.

Seriously maybe you should have looked at some of the Jamaican prospects? I dunno...

@Amyishere

I found mine! I hope you find yours!

2nd marriage for me; 3rd for my mate. Nine children between us; the last one together.

My mate straightened me out in 2010. I have children with 3 women. She called me a free spirit who made up rules on the go. She insisted on monogamy. Said if I didn't follow along, she'd join the list of women who hated me. You'd figure I'd have learned this basic important issue of intimacy earlier in life! Oy vey! Changing my ways to an earnest commitment added unprecedented quality to our collective lives! Like you, I live the Serenity Prayer, one day at a time! All grins!

LIke a good garden, my relationship needs constant attention and adjustments. Our bounty can quickly turn barren and weed infected if neglected.

@Amyishere

I found mine! I hope you find yours!

2nd marriage for me; 3rd for my mate. Nine children between us; the last one together.

My mate straightened me out in 2010. I have children with 3 women. She called me a free spirit who made up rules on the go. She insisted on monogamy. Said if I didn't follow along, she'd join the list of women who hated me. You'd figure I'd have learned this basic important issue of intimacy earlier in life! Oy vey! Changing my ways to an earnest commitment added unprecedented quality to our collective lives! Like you, I live the Serenity Prayer, one day at a time! All grins!

LIke a good garden, my relationship needs constant attention and adjustments. Our bounty can quickly turn barren and weed infected if neglected.

I'm so happy the two of you found each other and have a very special marriage and I hope to have something like that in my life in the future someday. I just keep on keeping on, being me, faults and all,and leave myself open to love. I don't do dating sites or anything like that..I figure love that is meant to be will happen ..or maybe already has, who knows. It's the being open for it that is important I think. Keeps me from being too depressed, anyway. I love hearing about people happy together, it gives me hope.

Seriously maybe you should have looked at some of the Jamaican prospects? I dunno...

I want an American. I know what I want and am not willing to settle or make more of any man than what he is to me, that's all.

I'm so happy the two of you found each other and have a very special marriage and I hope to have something like that in my life in the future someday. I just keep on keeping on, being me, faults and all,and leave myself open to love. I don't do dating sites or anything like that..I figure love that is meant to be will happen ..or maybe already has, who knows. It's the being open for it that is important I think. Keeps me from being too depressed, anyway. I love hearing about people happy together, it gives me hope.
I met my mate in a battery store by happenstance. She went in to use the store's phone. I went in to exchange a battery for my sailboat's trickle-cell charging system. Fast forward: She liked my sailboat..... a LOT!

Okay now I am connecting with this big time because five or six of Karen's friends are dealing with that.

yeah. I've also been bothered for a while by individuals online that might or might not be related to that. Pretty sure it's "politics" at the very least and will just leave it at that.

@Amyishere

My DP friend, @Logician Man understood the importance of an earnest commitment decades before I did!
Thanks Trippy. I hit the lottery at 12 years old. I still remember like it was yesterday the first time I saw my wife on the first day of Jr. High School. So pretty, and so humble, and unassuming. 55 years together now, married 49. In all of those years, never an overly contentious argument. Everybody loves that gal, and here we are talking about the four generations of family we've built together. I've had many blessings in my life; something I try my best to not take for granted. It's all about family, good friends, giving back, and paying it forward for us.

Welcome aboard Amy! Glad to have you here with us (y)

Love your Flikr ensemble and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Welcome aboard Amy! Glad to have you here with us (y)

Love your Flikr ensemble and Happy New Year to you and yours!

thanks, I appreciate that. the "yours" is just my two dogs, a black lab/newfoundland mix,and a border collie/boston terrier mix, both male. It's just them and I, but we get by.

I tend to talk too much about myself at times, and am working on that, but since this is the place to let people know a bit about myself, here goes. I'm a 54 year old woman on VA disability for ptsd living in Oklahoma. I used to take amateur photos when I had a camera, and hope to get another one soon. Maybe in a few days, who knows. I hope this isn't breaking any rules to leave this here..it's not for any monetary purposes, just some of the photos I have taken. https://www.flickr.com/photos/139245408@N07/

Welcome to Debate Politics, Amy. And I must say, you are quite a good photographer.

Back
Top Bottom