• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hello, it's me

Amyishere

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I tend to talk too much about myself at times, and am working on that, but since this is the place to let people know a bit about myself, here goes. I'm a 54 year old woman on VA disability for ptsd living in Oklahoma. I used to take amateur photos when I had a camera, and hope to get another one soon. Maybe in a few days, who knows. I hope this isn't breaking any rules to leave this here..it's not for any monetary purposes, just some of the photos I have taken. https://www.flickr.com/photos/139245408@N07/

I tend to talk too much about myself at times, and am working on that, but since this is the place to let people know a bit about myself, here goes. I'm a 54 year old woman on VA disability for ptsd living in Oklahoma. I used to take amateur photos when I had a camera, and hope to get another one soon. Maybe in a few days, who knows. I hope this isn't breaking any rules to leave this here..it's not for any monetary purposes, just some of the photos I have taken. https://www.flickr.com/photos/139245408@N07/
Welcome to DP. Amy. Former Okie guy here; now living in Beautiful Colorado. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Are you a fan of Leon Russell?

Are you a fan of Leon Russell?

I'm familiar with him, but not very, sorry to say. Will have to give more of his tunes a listen. I like singers like Jim Croce and Gordon Lightfoot, and also listen to old delta blues, reggae, southern fried classic rock, and at times, swing music. I have eclectic tastes. Most recently, I have been listening to Off Kilter.

I'm familiar with him, but not very, sorry to say. Will have to give more of his tunes a listen. I like singers like Jim Croce and Gordon Lightfoot, and also listen to old delta blues, reggae, southern fried classic rock, and at times, swing music. I have eclectic tastes. Most recently, I have been listening to Off Kilter.

LOL, first Okie I ever met that wasn't a LeonLifer! 🤣
(see my sig)

Howdy Doody, Amyishere! Welcome to the forum.

I had plans to spend a couple days in Broken Arrow, OK last July (Drum Corps show) that got scuttled by COVID. Maybe next year.

Whenever I hear someone say "Hello, it's me.", I think of this:

I think you've come to the right place.
Welcome!
Very nice compositions. Thanks for sharing.

Howdy Doody, Amyishere! Welcome to the forum.

I had plans to spend a couple days in Broken Arrow, OK last July (Drum Corps show) that got scuttled by COVID. Maybe next year.

Whenever I hear someone say "Hello, it's me.", I think of this:

ya know, I just thought of that song right after I started the thread, and it's one I like, so thanks for posting it, and will give it a listen now.

I think you've come to the right place.
Welcome!
Very nice compositions. Thanks for sharing.

thank you very much!

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site and people here, don't take any of it too seriously, remember that this is supposed to be fun.
Good Luck

@Amyishere, the Oklahoma Sooners football team humiliated my beloved Florida Gators in the Cotton Bowl last night. Congratulations to Oklahoma fans!

You might want to post photos in the Tavern, in a thread specific to photos. Please add a bit of narration, as in location and context. Many of the photos look like someplace other than Oklahoma.

Welcome to DP! Feel some Trippy T. Love! Let's ROCK this forum in 2021!

Welcome to DP and Happy New year!

thanks! backatcha

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site and people here, don't take any of it too seriously, remember that this is supposed to be fun.
Good Luck

I'm enjoying myself, so it is fun of a kind, thanks. Haven't felt so welcome in quite a while.

maybe she's more into JJ Cale

Not that familiar with JJ Cale either.

This is kinda what I like best, although like I said, my musical tastes vary.

I am sure that would cause anyone anxiety. Can't you afford to move?

In the meantime, welcome to the forum!

I lived in Oregon from 2014 until the end of September of this year. Earlier in the year, I lost a home to bankruptcy, and was staying in motels until some friends helped me out with the funds needed to make the road trip to Oklahoma, where I found an apartment I could afford in October and moved in. I am starting all over from scratch, and the friends I had..well, I was banned from the forum, and will leave it at that. I still do have plans to pay forward what was given me when I am able.

@Amyishere, the Oklahoma Sooners football team humiliated my beloved Florida Gators in the Cotton Bowl last night. Congratulations to Oklahoma fans!

You might want to post photos in the Tavern, in a thread specific to photos. Please add a bit of narration, as in location and context. Many of the photos look like someplace other than Oklahoma.

thanks for letting me know about the Tavern, I will check that out too.

Hi @Amyishere, welcome, nice to meet you!

glasswing-butterfly-keralites.net04.jpg

Welcome aboard, Amyishere. Pipes, I approve! Best wishes for 2021 and looking forward to seeing what you think on this forum. Happy Hogmanay!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I will have to remedy that asap and become a true blue fan. :)

Well, because you already paid the 35 thousand dollar DP initiation fee, I'd be willing to give you a gift, provided that you promise to spread the gospel of Brother Leon, which I can confidently assume will be the reaction once this DVD blows your hair back. :D
Just get at me on private messages.

Hi @Amyishere, welcome, nice to meet you!

glasswing-butterfly-keralites.net04.jpg

wow, that is beautiful! is that yours?

also, where is the Tavern at?

and most of the photos in the flickr link are in either Curry or Coos counties in Oregon, besides the ones I took in Negril, Jamaica last year on flickr.
Welcome aboard, Amyishere. Pipes, I approve! Best wishes for 2021 and looking forward to seeing what you think on this forum. Happy Hogmanay!

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

thanks for the welcome

and here's one pic not in flickr I don't think that was of passionflowers around my deck of my home I used to have

Attachments

• 11-DSC01443.jpg
    11-DSC01443.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 2

Sorry bout my Sooners putting that ass whuppin' on your boys, Trippy. Hope we can still remain friends, LOL! BTW, When I was attending OK. U., I used to write Billy Sims's English comp papers for extra football tickets. ( The Switzer era ) I swear, every kid on those FB teams either drove a brand new Cutlass or a Buick Regal. Some great times back then. Better luck next year, my friend. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Sorry bout my Sooners putting that ass whuppin' on your boys, Trippy. Hope we can still remain friends, LOL! BTW, When I was attending OK. U., I used to write Billy Sims's English comp papers for extra football tickets. ( The Switzer era ) I swear, every kid on those FB teams either drove a brand new Cutlass or a Buick Regal. Some great times back then. Better luck next year, my friend. Happy New Year to you and yours!

I'm still trying to find the Tavern..is it under a subforum I am missing? I don't have website gps loaded, lol.

Back
Top Bottom