• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hello! Anyone home?

Legally? I would have to agree. She could have had the abortions with out my consent.
Morally? I gave them my blessing, which makes me just as guilty of it as her.

Adoption follows a different set of rules. She could not have relinquished the children with out my consent. So in every way the adoptions were our equal doing.

Aelfwine said:
The FACT of abortion does not lessen the EVIL of abortion.

That is not an option for everyone. You can choose to live in a sexless marriage or relationship, but as for me, I will continue to have sex.

Naughty Nurse said:
Make your mind up - you seem to want to have your cake and eat it. If we have less contraception and less sex effective sex education we will have more need for abortion. It's that simple.

In this country we need more forms of birth control, and a method that is 100%. Until then, there will always be a need for abortion.

We need more sex education, and education on birth control methods. Just because you do not want children to have sex, does not mean that they will not.

Abstience education has been proven to fail.

Aelfwine said:
The immorality of abortion is not based on God, it is based on whether or not the fetus is a person.

If it is, than abortion is murder, and nearly everyone agrees that murder is wrong.

Well then isn't it a good thing that a fetus is not considered a person, and abortion is not murder!

Busta said:
No. It's not a good thing.

That is your OPINION! Personally I think abortion is a great thing for a woman who chooses it.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
That is your OPINION! Personally I think abortion is a great thing for a woman who chooses it.

Sure, but that is your OPINION! Personally I think that Abortion is a grizzly cop out of a woman's responsibility to her child.

See "Busta's theory of the unborn person"

Luckily for you, your woman will do whatever you command her to do.

Last edited:
Busta said:
Sure, but that is your OPINION! Personally I think that Abortion is a grizzly cop out of a woman's responsibility to her child.

See "Busta's theory of the unborn person"

You are entitled to think whatever you would like about abortion. I think abortion is a responsible choice for a woman who does not want to become a mother, or cannot provide a good home.

When a mother aborts her child she is refusing to fulfill her accountability to that child and is denying her responsibility for that child having come into existence by not successfully carrying out her duty as a mother.

The perpous of the mother is to create and help raise life, not suck it into a sink.

If a woman does not wish to become pregnant, then she can keep her pants on, get her tubes tied or go on the shot.

If, by any means and for any reason, she becomes pregnant, she becomes accountable to that child and is responsible to her obligation to mother that child.

If she can not provide a home for the child then she can fulfill her responsibility to that child by adopting it out to a home.

Pray tell, where does the man come into it? Fat lot your own advice did for you.

Busta said:
When a mother aborts her child she is refusing to fulfill her accountability to that child and is denying her responsibility for that child having come into existence by not successfully carrying out her duty as a mother.

When a woman has an abortion, she does not want to become a mother. She is not entitled to give birth or become one.

Busta said:
The perpous of the mother is to create and help raise life, not suck it into a sink.

And if she does not want to become a mother, or raise a child, she can have an abortion. It is not YOUR choice, it is hers. And you seem very uneducated about abortion.

Busta said:
If a woman does not wish to become pregnant, then she can keep her pants on, get her tubes tied or go on the shot.

Neither of those choices are any of your business. You cannot force a woman to do either. I do not wish to become a mother right now, but I am married, and I am not going to stop having sex because I fear pregnancy. I will continue to use my birth control until I am ready to be a parent. Woman can also get pregnant on the shot.

Busta said:
If, by any means and for any reason, she becomes pregnant, she becomes accountable to that child and is responsible to her obligation to mother that child.

Well it is a good thing the laws of this great country disagree with you!

Busta said:
If she can not provide a home for the child then she can fulfill her responsibility to that child by adopting it out to a home.

Adoption is not a choice for everyone. I would NEVER give a child up for adoption. EVER.

Last edited:
ProChoiceDanielle said:
When a woman has an abortion, she does not want to become a mother. She is not entitled to give birth or become one.

And if she does not want to become a mother, or raise a child, she can have an abortion. It is not YOUR choice, it is hers. And you seem very uneducated about abortion.

Neither of those choices are any of your business. You cannot force a woman to do either. I do not wish to become a mother right now, but I am married, and I am not going to stop having sex because I fear pregnancy. I will continue to use my birth control until I am ready to be a parent. Woman can also get pregnant on the shot.

Well it is a good thing the laws of this great country disagree with you!

Adoption is not a choice for everyone. I would NEVER give a child up for adoption. EVER.

You would rather your own child be put to death than to let it live in another home? That is sad beond words.

Busta said:
You would rather your own child be put to death than to let it live in another home? That is sad beond words.

I would rather have an abortion than gestate against my will and give my child away. I do not believe in adoption. That is MY CHOICE.

The fact that you did ultimately end up breeding is what worries me.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I would rather have an abortion than gestate against my will and give my child away. I do not believe in adoption. That is MY CHOICE.
I thiink we can agree on this: We both hope you don't get pregnant...

Imudman said:
I thiink we can agree on this: We both hope you don't get pregnant...

I also hope I do not get pregnant. My husband and I do not want children right now. He is not in a position to be there for myself or a child in light of the war in Iraq.

ProChoiceDanielle said:

"Gestate agents your will"? Don't try to temp me to loose respect for women by using such crude terms.
It does not matter if you wanted or planned for the child. Once you become pregnant you are accountable to that child. Once you become pregnant you are responsible for that child's well being.
In this country you can choose to forfeit responsibility. That doesn't mean that you should or that it is O.K.

Busta said:
"Gestate agents your will"? Don't try to temp me to loose respect for women by using such crude terms.
It does not matter if you wanted or planned for the child. Once you become pregnant you are accountable to that child. Once you become pregnant you are responsible for that child's well being.
In this country you can choose to forfeit responsibility. That doesn't mean that you should or that it is O.K.

#1) What is a gestate agent?
#2) Loose respect for women, from the sounds of your posts already, it sounds like you have no respect for them anyways.
#3) No one is accountable for a child until there is a BORN person involved.

"#1) What is a gestate agent?"

A typo.

"#2) Loose respect for women, from the sounds of your posts already, it sounds like you have no respect for them anyways."

Then you do not understand my posts

"#3) No one is accountable for a child until there is a BORN person involved."

And that is where the error of your morality is.

Busta said:
"#1) What is a gestate agent?"

A typo.

"#2) Loose respect for women, from the sounds of your posts already, it sounds like you have no respect for them anyways."

Then you do not understand my posts

"#3) No one is accountable for a child until there is a BORN person involved."

And that is where the error of your morality is.

Just because someone does not agree with you, does not mean they have an "error" in their morality. Morals are personal. They differ for everyone.

I find it immoral to adopt a child out.
I find it immoral to lie.
I find it immoral to bring an unwanted child into the world.

Back
Top Bottom