• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hello! Anyone home?

Busta said:
Yourself? As in your conscience?

Yes. Like I said, I do not need others or religious leaders to tell me what or how to think. I do fine thinking for myself.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Yes. Like I said, I do not need others or religious leaders to tell me what or how to think. I do fine thinking for myself.

Indeed.
Do you think that every normal person has a conscience?

V.I. Lenin said:
Mine is creamy nougat. :mrgreen:

Was I the only one who caught this? Very funny:lol:

Busta said:
You would agree, then, that it would stand to reason that every normal person could think for them selves?

I also agree. Yet some people allow others to tell them what they should and should not think. What they should think is wrong, or should not think is wrong. Many Pro lifers are included in this group.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
I also agree. Yet some people allow others to tell them what they should and should not think. What they should think is wrong, or should not think is wrong. Many Pro lifers are included in this group.

Yes, and many pro choicers too.
Some people allow themselves to be drones, sure. This is how we have suicide bombers and single issue voters.

It is a fact that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all shear a common profit in Abraham and, though today have very different, sometimes violent opinions of each other, they all believe in the same God. Considering all the normal people in the world, all of whom having a conscience and being able to think for them selves, what would compel the vast majority of of the global populous to believe in the same God?

Busta said:
Yes, and many pro choicers too.
Some people allow themselves to be drones, sure. This is how we have suicide bombers and single issue voters.

It is a fact that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all shear a common profit in Abraham and, though today have very different, sometimes violent opinions of each other, they all believe in the same God. Considering all the normal people in the world, all of whom having a conscience and being able to think for them selves, what would compel the vast majority of of the global populous to believe in the same God?

Why don't you ask those who choose to believe in God? I myself am not a believer therefore I cannot answer your question.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Why don't you ask those who choose to believe in God? I myself am not a believer therefore I cannot answer your question.

And there is the source of our disagreement. If you do not believe in God then we have no foundation for our discourse.

Faith is a personal thing. It is good that you do not let others tell you what to think or what your opinions should or should not be. Faith is not something that you can read in a Bible. It is not something that can be forced upon you in any way. People who would try to force their way on you are doing themselves a disservice.

In this thread I am arguing the immorality of abortion. I am not on the Senate floor trying to pass law. People may disagree with your position on abortion, but disagreement is not attempted force.

I wish that fewer women would be so quick to assume that a man who is agents abortion is trying to suppress them.

We are trying to defend the lives of our unborne children.

Busta said:
And there is the source of our disagreement. If you do not believe in God then we have no foundation for our discourse.

Faith is a personal thing. It is good that you do not let others tell you what to think or what your opinions should or should not be. Faith is not something that you can read in a Bible. It is not something that can be forced upon you in any way. People who would try to force their way on you are doing themselves a disservice.

In this thread I am arguing the immorality of abortion. I am not on the Senate floor trying to pass law. People may disagree with your position on abortion, but disagreement is not attempted force.

I wish that fewer women would be so quick to assume that a man who is agents abortion is trying to suppress them.

We are trying to defend the lives of our unborne children.

You can do whatever YOU please with YOUR unborn child. As for me, I will do the same.

Busta said:

Yes, I'm sure your wife knows nothing about male suppression.

Busta and Vergiss...are you in support of wide spread contraceptives and better sex education for our youth...even if it means teaching how to put a condom on a cucumber? Again....why can't we attack the problem at the beginning...before the pregnancy?

Well, at least we know Danielle is going to continue to have sex...thank God for that.

Hoot said:
Busta and Vergiss...are you in support of wide spread contraceptives and better sex education for our youth...even if it means teaching how to put a condom on a cucumber? Again....why can't we attack the problem at the beginning...before the pregnancy?

Well, at least we know Danielle is going to continue to have sex...thank God for that.

Yes I am, just not in the public school.
I would love to see comprehensive sex education in Churches, Temples, Synagogues, Planed Parenthood and youth groups. I would like to see a wide variety of organizations and recourses so that parents have a choice of what setting is best for their children to first learn about sex.

I think that sex education has no place in the public school.

I understand the reality of "playground education" and that it is unavoidable. However, just like when you are on a date, first impressions set the tone.
I've gone over this same problem on another thread regarding Evolution. Its not the subject or its content, its how it is presented.

Busta said:

QUOTE]

So then you support abortion because that is what will happen if sex ed is taken out of school. More abortions, more STDs for young teens.

Busta said:
Yes I am, just not in the public school.
I would love to see comprehensive sex education in Churches, Temples, Synagogues, Planed Parenthood and youth groups. I would like to see a wide variety of organizations and recourses so that parents have a choice of what setting is best for their children to first learn about sex.

That's all well and good, and I'm glad you feel that way, but all of those organizations are not mandatory...some kids will miss out.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure it's against the law in most states for a child to not gain at least an 8th grade education. High school is a different matter, you can drop out, but grade school? Someone is gonna come and get you, therefore, we need to teach this in...say...6th thru 8th grade....what's wrong with that?

"That's all well and good, and I'm glad you feel that way, but all of those organizations are not mandatory...some kids will miss out."

Some kids miss out now. That would not change. It is the parent's job to see that the child is educated, not the state's.

"therefore, we need to teach this in...say...6th thru 8th grade....what's wrong with that"

In a Privet or Home school.....nothing. Parents can choose the tone.
The problem with sex education being in a public school is that Parents can not set the tone. Sex education should be treated as an elective, completely sepret from the main curses of study. If you want sex ed. in your public school, do it after school hours and independent of the curriculum.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Busta said:

QUOTE]

So then you support abortion because that is what will happen if sex ed is taken out of school. More abortions, more STDs for young teens.

No, that's what will happen if children are not given any sex education.
Sex education does not need to be in the public school in order to exist.
It is the parent's responsibility, not the state's, to see that their child/ren is/are properly educated.

Perhaps what we need are more programs supporting parental involvement.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
And on top of that, it still will be none of your business!

Yes..legally any abortion you have is your own privet business.

When you start to speak about the legality of abortion, however, it becomes everyone's business because the law effects everyone.

Take Roe-vs-Wayed for example,
I think this ruling should be overturned, not because of my opposition to abortion, but because abortion is an issue to be argued at the state level; not legislated from the judge's bench.
If The People as a whole wish to outlaw abortion, then it should come to a vote in congress in the form of a Constitutional Amendment and signed or vetoed by the president.
The same is true if The People as a whole wish to permanently legalize abortion.

Busta said:
ProChoiceDanielle said:
No, that's what will happen if children are not given any sex education.
Sex education does not need to be in the public school in order to exist.
It is the parent's responsibility, not the state's, to see that their child/ren is/are properly educated.

Perhaps what we need are more programs supporting parental involvement.

I guess you are not aware of the stats of schools not having sex ed, or schools having abstinence only education.

http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/Documents/20041201102153-50247.pdf

ProChoiceDanielle said:
Busta said:
I guess you are not aware of the stats of schools not having sex ed, or schools having abstinence only education.

http://www.democrats.reform.house.gov/Documents/20041201102153-50247.pdf

This report illustrates a great example of government blunder:
*Over specialized and misleading ideology,
*Wasted money,
*Erroneous scientific, medical and statistical information.

This is a perfect example of why sex education should not be regulated by the government.

This report reinforces my view that there should be comprehensive sex education in Churches, Temples, Synagogues, Planed Parenthood and youth groups. And that there should be a wide variety of organizations and recourses so that parents have a choice of what setting is best for their children to first learn about sex.

This report reinforces my view that sex education has no place in the public school.

Back
Top Bottom