• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Headlines are wrong: DADT has not been repealed

why are some animals gay? do they choose to be gay?

Are animals intelligent? Or do they just react to urges. So now gays are justified because they do the same things dumb animals do. Do animals know the difference between right and wrong?

What is natural about it. If it was natural or normal wouldn't it affect more than 7%

Well, that statement can be really tossed around. If it is natural, like genetics, there is all sorts of probability involved, so it could be 7%. If it isn't natural, it could be 7% of course.

Last edited:
Are animals intelligent? Or do they just react to urges. So now gays are justified because they do the same things dumb animals do. Do animals know the difference between right and wrong?

Right and wrong is subjective.

If you get right and wrong on the subject of gays, based upon a book that was written in the desert 2000 year sago by PEOPLE not by GOD....

Then that is something we call Opinion

As a product of incest. Adam and Eve's offspring had to commit incest to produce more offspring.

Then where did the sons wives come from? The Bible does not say Eve had those babies. Does it say that God did not create other people in other places.

I do not know but I do know that incest like homosexuality is an abomnition in God's eyes.

Did Cain get his wife after he left his parents and went to Nod? If so was she from another tribe. Where does it say she was Caine's sister?

If that was the case where did all the tribes and different peole com from. How could there be different color skins.

Then where did the sons wives come from? The Bible does not say Eve had those babies. Does it say that God did not create other people in other places.

I do not know but I do know that incest like homosexuality is an abomnition in God's eyes.

Did Cain get his wife after he left his parents and went to Nod? If so was she from another tribe. Where does it say she was Caine's sister?

If that was the case where did all the tribes and different peole com from. How could there be different color skins.

Since I'm willing to bet we didn't all come from a secret garden somewhere, I'd say none of this really matters.

What is natural about it. If it was natural or normal wouldn't it affect more than 7%

??? How many people are left handed? Just because it's a small number doesn't mean it's not natural or normal.

Yes, but the brain is a very enigmatic thing, so I'm not surprised there is no research after years of research. And even though the bible says it is not natural to be gay, there is still no evidence showing that it must be that way. Either way the coin flips, their is no evidence. Therefore, you are still not at liberty to say what being gay really is.

I know after years possibly decades of research it is not proven any one is born gay.

No God gives man free will otherwise we would all serve God and there would be no sin. God gives man the choice to obey or face judgment.

My biggest peeve is that god comes off as a prick. Why would you want to worship someone that commands the slaughter of babies?

God gives man free will which allows him to choose his course in life. Otherwise we'd be like animals or robots and unable to decide what is right/wrong or whether to believe or not. How can we possibly be so presumptuous to think we should or could know what He allows or doesn't let happen in our lives. Or so audacious to think we're suppose to have complete understanding regarding whats behind His overall purpose.

The old testiment was Law and the new... fullfillment of the law.

I'm going to preface the following by acknowledging that I'm sure you believe [in your prudence] that you could come up with a much better plan and scenario.

Think about the following possibility for a moment... lets assume you're [what we call] a scientist in another universe or dimension... or whatever. In your research and experiments you first discovered how to live forever in a nirvana type enviornment. Lets also accept you were able to create a life form and genetically engineered it into your own image and found a suitable habitat for them. Would you do it or not? Of course. Would you then communicate with those you created? Yes. Wouldn't you care and love them and give all an opportunity to gain reward by following your own set of moral values. The prize being life in a better place after death... with YOU? Yes again. However, you know in advance with free will and reproduction comes pride lust, greed, envy, love, hate... etc which leads to murder, distruction, and other deviations from your values... wouldn't you intervene in the least intrusive way possible? Your knowledge includes a way to become as one of them and live among them and experience their environment first hand with the ultimate purpose to further explain what you expect from them. You do this in a humble and caring way to set the example you want them to follow... yet, at the same time, do supernatural things to insure they know who you truly are. In the end... you fulfill the predictions made by those you inspired to prophesize your coming and allow yourself to experience [firsthand] the worst kind of pain and suffering available including death itself. Then... as one final confirmation, you rise from death to come back among your apostles, messengers, advocates and followers to set yourself totally apart from any and all other false gods and man made religions.

Can you fathom the possibility man is limited physically and mentally and simply cannot fully understand an intricate/complex plan made by a supernatural being with power and intelligence perhaps a trillion times ours? Maybe the scheme is designed to only allow us 'surface knowledge' [based on need to know] of it so we can show faith, obedience and return the love for Him.... that he has for us. I hope so... because if you can, it's called FAITH based on a divine plan that has been revealed by God inspired men and God Himself.

Those who believe in God and try to follow His new testiment teachings... live by faith and are inspired by the the gospel of His holy word and truth. Seek and you will find. It doesn't mean you will be sin free afterwards... simply forgiven with the gift of the holy spirit and life everlasting.

How are animals so different from humans? After all, humans are animals.

Intelligence. Do animals think or do they have natural reactions to circumstances. Animals live in an existance they can not change and they do not have the intelligence to progress as man has. For instance when has an animal invented a wheel or some other gadget?

No God gives man free will otherwise we would all serve God and there would be no sin. God gives man the choice to obey or face judgment.

Seems like a pretty dumb god then? Why would he create people simply to punish them? Why Should I have to prove myself to such a being? (Who claims to love us all, and sent his son to die for my sins)

I know after years possibly decades of research it is not proven any one is born gay.

Yes, it is not proven. Like I said. You missed the point of my post. Unless I am missing the point of yours.

Seems like a pretty dumb god then? Why would he create people simply to punish them? Why Should I have to prove myself to such a being? (Who claims to love us all, and sent his son to die for my sins)

If that is your attitude there is no reason to answer that,your mind is already made up

Yes, it is not proven. Like I said. You missed the point of my post. Unless I am missing the point of yours.

The point is after all that research they have not been able to prove it. It seems they may be trying to prove something that is not there

Intelligence. Do animals think or do they have natural reactions to circumstances. Animals live in an existance they can not change and they do not have the intelligence to progress as man has. For instance when has an animal invented a wheel or some other gadget?

Chimpanzees invented a tool that helps get termites out of their mounds more easily. And as you don't have a brain of an (non-human) animal, you cannot really say what truly happens in an animal's brain. Like I said earlier, the brain is a very difficult thing to understand.

The point is after all that research they have not been able to prove it. It seems they may be trying to prove something that is not there

Ok, you are missing the point of what I am trying to say. My point is, the brain is very difficult to understand and test, so we can't say wether it is there or not.

Back
Top Bottom