• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hawaii becomes first state to put gun owners in federal database

Hawaii is right in line with the Northern Mariana Islands ban on handguns, assault weapons, registration/permits, and a $1,000 purchase tax for the firearms they do allow.

All despite a Federal ruling in March that they are in violation of the 2nd Amendment. As far as I'm concerned they are no long part of the U.S. border.

This isn't the first time Hawaii has done crap like this so I'm kinda with you on that

Your sleeping is what is allowing all of this to take place. You should'a been more involved in neighborhood safety to begin with, then it would not have come to this.

But, go ahead and snore while the world passes you by.

Why don't you get into neighborhood safety in the Chicago and Baltimore neighborhoods their Jet? Oh wait... you would rather ban/regulate firearms never used in those neighborhoods and not address the cause....pretty noble of you.

Nope: that's a military weapon as well, isn't good for anything else.

So is your colt. Bannable? Where do you want to stop Jet?

Any weapon designed for military use post Korean war that can carry 30 or 100 round clips or is fully automatic.

That is actually a very narrow band.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mag-promag-1911-45-acp-40-round-drum-mag-sturdy-polymer-and-steel-construction-708279007354.do

Uh, Jet. Why is your 1911 exempt from your list? Why is the Korean war your cutoff? Ohhhhh...I get it. It is the cutoff because if it were not, it would affect you and not just other people. Pretty clever. You do know there was a fully auto version of the 1911 and extended mags issued for the military.

Any weapon designed for military use post Korean war that can carry 30 or 100 round clips or is fully automatic.

That is actually a very narrow band.
God what stupidity: what is a 100 round "clip"

Nope, I like telling the truth. You guys can't stand that.

apparently neither can you since you never do that in your anti gun rants

Hawaii is right in line with the Northern Mariana Islands ban on handguns, assault weapons, registration/permits, and a $1,000 purchase tax for the firearms they do allow.

All despite a Federal ruling in March that they are in violation of the 2nd Amendment. As far as I'm concerned they are no long part of the U.S. border.

Hawaii is doing nothing to violate the second amendment. And like Puerto Rico, the Mariana Islands are soveriegn with their own constitution. So they can do what they want.

Also Great for street combat and neighborhood use, against gangs or for home invasions.

Just yesterday, 6 males did a home invasion in the US!

You are obviously sheltered from this type of activity. Do you live in a gated community?

That's stupid.

Why don't you get into neighborhood safety in the Chicago and Baltimore neighborhoods their Jet? Oh wait... you would rather ban/regulate firearms never used in those neighborhoods and not address the cause....pretty noble of you.

Such a ban means that they won;t be used in other neighborhoods either.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/mag-promag-1911-45-acp-40-round-drum-mag-sturdy-polymer-and-steel-construction-708279007354.do

Uh, Jet. Why is your 1911 exempt from your list? Why is the Korean war your cutoff? Ohhhhh...I get it. It is the cutoff because if it were not, it would affect you and not just other people. Pretty clever. You do know there was a fully auto version of the 1911 and extended mags issued for the military.

It's a pistol that fires eight rounds at a time. A revolver fires six.

You're grasping at straws.

How is this not in violation of the Firearm Owners Protection Act:

No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

It's a pistol that fires eight rounds at a time. A revolver fires six.

You're grasping at straws.

Thought you owned a 1911... I take it your colt is a revolver. Which one is it? Regardless, why did you stop at the Korean war as a cutoff?? Isnt a colt 1911 just as much a weapon of war and capable of taking 30 round magazines? Not grasping at straws. Just pointing out how easily you are all for legislation as long as it does not affect you personally. Pretty "ein bahn" or "one way".

Last edited:
Such a ban means that they won;t be used in other neighborhoods either.

How often are they used by criminals in other neighborhoods let alone in the neighborhoods you are referring to? You do realize, or maybe you don't, that pistols of all sorts are the firearms of choice for criminals by a huge margin in those neighborhoods. So banning ARs is going to do what exactly for those neighborhoods?

Thought you owned a 1911... I take it your colt is a revolver. Which one is it? Regardless, why did you stop at the Korean war as a cutoff?? Isnt a colt 1911 just as much a weapon of war and capable of taking 30 round magazines? Not grasping at straws. Just pointing out how easily you are all for legislation as long as it does not affect you personally. Pretty "ein bahn" or "one way".

I do own a 1911. Your diversion won't work Bret. It's a silly and ridiculous and grasping "gotcha" tactic you're trying to pull and I'm not buyin it.

So...

How often are they used by criminals in other neighborhoods let alone in the neighborhoods you are referring to? You do realize, or maybe you don't, that pistols of all sorts are the firearms of choice for criminals by a huge margin in those neighborhoods. So banning ARs is going to do what exactly for those neighborhoods?

Three times with over 100 dead is enough.

Three times with over 100 dead is enough.

so you are going to try to ban handguns too? lots more than 100 were killed with handguns. In fact VT and Lubys were over 60 or so right there for two. Ignorance is not at play anymore with the statements we see from the Bannerrhoid movement. Its dishonesty

I am unaware of any mass shootings were over 100 were killed.

When we combine the numbers we can reach that conclusion.

Don't sound obtuse.

If I were planning an autocratic power grab, I certainly would want my muscle to know who has the guns.
Too bad most of those that already own guns will not comply, opps,

Back
Top Bottom