• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hatred is a Basic Human Right

Psychology does well to warn of the phenomenon, although hardly specific to "liberals". To love something, even unconditionally or as a state of being requires first and foremost healthy boundaries. Love starts with a "no" even before granting a yes.

A loving parent demands a responsibility in exchange for privilege even in the face of a well behaved child. Hate is not breed in the tyranny of not being responsive enough to need, nor lacking empathy, nor even face of a peer being narrow sighted as to their worth. Hate always breed from resentment. Attention to need, empathy and recognition are all great as expression of genuine love, require first a firm boundary. This is because trust.

No person is empower when no boundary is set which respect their own. If their happiness is your happiness. You have perpetrated a violation and laid only the seeds for resentment both for yourself and those who you attest with your unrequited psudeo-love.

Love. Must begin by defining your limit. Your standard. You're condition. Your love, like with your child may well be unconditional in nature, but love's expression can not be without consent. Without trust. Trust begins by recognizing within us is a little tyrant too happy to respond to resentment with unbridle hate and psudeo-love with undefined conditions always leads to more resentment.

"Liberals" like so many are by and large resentful people even if so only specific in the domain to politics. The sincere gestures and well meaningless overshadowed as they find themselves unable to separate disagreement from personal choice. Their progress mostly their ego's identified objectives being met without confirmation by genuine effect nor confirmation by the reciver.

Hate, leads way to more resentment. Hatred is no doubt a Basic Human Right, but justifying that hate as necessary to love only just a different way to fail to set your own boundaries. The boundryless will exist and attempt to sow their resentfulness to justify their unfulfilled desires every hungry for more.

But, Be fulfilled. Glad to tell your love ones "no" and it is easy to love. They're disagreement no more angering them watching them destroy themselves by their own hate. No doubt their jackel ways will invite times of tough love, but all and all hate holds very little value except as a warning to exmine ones own resentments.

Ok, yes, boundaries are essential. But when I said "hate" I meant boundaries. Hate is the emotion we feel for things we don't allow into ourselves. Hate is the gate, the boundary. That is what I meant.

But people who deny their own natural feelings of hatred are hypocrites, and can become lethal. Communist revolutionaries were motivated to love everyone, and that's how they became so deadly.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

“I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.” ― Booker T. Washington

I totally agree with you, hatred is normal. Who hasn't experience it?

Haven't you ever known anyone who claims to never experience hatred? Many people are in denial about this, especially those who identify with liberal/progressive ideology.

Because the liberal/progressive mind believes in perfection. It does not see that everything in life is a balancing act, and no balancing act can ever be perfect.

Even the people we love the most will cause us to feel hatred sometimes. We probably feel more hatred for our loved ones than for acquaintances, because we CARE. If you don't hate, you don't care.

The last 100 years in the US is a monument to what good liberalism can do, from Teddy R to FDR, to JFK’s Peace Corps to immigration reform correcting the racism of previous laws, to civil rights laws, to environmental legislation, to Carter’s human rights efforts that hastened the fall if the Soviet empire, to Obaba’s unifying message to the promise of Obamacare. What’s not to like?

When you go to work in modern times, you work with a dignity previously unimagined in history. Thank a liberal. Yes, we can be insufferably smug, and more than slightly absurd with our political correctness. But on balance...

Yes you have learned the liberal narrative.

If that narrative were true, then everyone would be a liberal. Do you really think conservatives interpret the last 100 years in the same way? If they did, they would stop being nasty conservatives and join the angelic liberals.

If you are repeatedly exposed to a narrative, it becomes second nature and you will never see through any aspect of it.

Well said, I understand completely. The left hates us with great passion, because they know nothing about us. It is still their right to hate us, nobody can take away that right.

More dumb right wing projection. Liberals, unlike a lot of conservatives, actually live in cities, with people of all races, nationalities, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc. So we know conservatives. Meanwhile, many conservatives in their little rural, white christian bubbles and hate on everybody not a white christian, and they don't even interact with the people they hate

We hate you because you are such hateful, ignorant, greedy, and/or selfish people that are complete hypocrites, completely dishonest, have no compassion for anybody not like them. I don't see anything positive about conservatism, other than we should spend what we take it. But that usually is about greed, I got mine,. the hell with everybody else. I don't want my tax money to help other people is usually what it boils down to with them. Not sure what else is moral about conservatism, trying to force religion down everybody's throats and force moral standards they don't even hold up to

As one of DP's Premier Civility Advocates I agree. As Jordan Peterson points out there needs to be general agreement/consent to the game, and the rules of the game must be established and they must hold regardless of who is winning and who is losing....when too many peope decide that the rules dont matter or that they are entitled to act like obnoxious dicks then the game breaks down....we head toward chaos...and we all lose.

This is how America is going at the moment.

Don't worry, America is not heading towards chaos and violence. The global elite has us under control. Just have to make sure everyone takes their meds.

Claiming to to be for diversity but not for disagreement is a scam to be sure. If one is so arrogant as to declare their policy position as the only correct and truely virtuous position then it is only natural to declare any opposition to (or variation from) it to be incorrect and evil.

When politics (the formation of public policy) becomes like a religion then contrary policy positions will naturally become heresy. Note that this can (and does) apply regardless of one's ideological (politcal?) lean - it is not a Liberals only trait.

If one side has all the facts, the other just believes lies and continue to run with the lies, that's not disagreement. And conservatives love that whiny deflection that "you hate pepole that disagree with you." That is just another projections, because liberals live amongst all kinds of people we disagree with. No, liberals hate what assholes conservatives have become. Who think all facts are up for opinion, and their ignorance and wishful thinking is equal to liberals facts

You see this all the time on these forums. Liberals post long responses with facts, logic and reasoning only to get some dumb one line deflection and then these people want to act like they are the same, their opinon or position is as valid as others. If you have nothing to back up your position or refute the other sides position, no, those positions are not equal

More dumb right wing projection. Liberals, unlike a lot of conservatives, actually live in cities, with people of all races, nationalities, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc. So we know conservatives. Meanwhile, many conservatives in their little rural, white christian bubbles and hate on everybody not a white christian, and they don't even interact with the people they hate

We hate you because you are such hateful, ignorant, greedy, and/or selfish people that are complete hypocrites, completely dishonest, have no compassion for anybody not like them. I don't see anything positive about conservatism, other than we should spend what we take it. But that usually is about greed, I got mine,. the hell with everybody else. I don't want my tax money to help other people is usually what it boils down to with them. Not sure what else is moral about conservatism, trying to force religion down everybody's throats and force moral standards they don't even hold up to

Exactly my point. Liberals hate with even greater passion than racists. Not too many racists would come up with such a long list of reasons for their hatred.

Exactly, and southern American democrats trying to keep the blacks enslaved. It seems leftists believe some things are to be forgotten but other things are never to be forgotten.

See, this is the type of idiocy I'm talking about. Democrats back then were conservatives. The parties have switched many times in their posiiton through the years, but if things stayed the same, republicans today would be democrats during the slave ages.

Exactly my point. Liberals hate with even greater passion than racists. Not too many racists would come up with such a long list of reasons for their hatred.

Another example of no argument conservative, a dumb one liner that just repeats the same lie and does nothing to provide any supporting arguments or facts, unlike my post where I explained exactly what I'm coming from.

If one side has all the facts, the other just believes lies and continue to run with the lies, that's not disagreement. And conservatives love that whiny deflection that "you hate pepole that disagree with you." That is just another projections, because liberals live amongst all kinds of people we disagree with. No, liberals hate what assholes conservatives have become. Who think all facts are up for opinion, and their ignorance and wishful thinking is equal to liberals facts

You see this all the time on these forums. Liberals post long responses with facts, logic and reasoning only to get some dumb one line deflection and then these people want to act like they are the same, their opinon or position is as valid as others. If you have nothing to back up your position or refute the other sides position, no, those positions are not equal

Liberals are smart and they know the truth about everything. And they are fair, always. And they love everyone equally. Except conservatives, whom they despise with a passion even deeper than what Jesus felt for the Pharisees.

Hmm.. an opinion filled post with no facts or policy positions in it at all. I am so impressed.

And the big difference. many conservatives hate people solely based on their skin color, their religion, their political affiliations, sexual orientation, lifestyle choices, etc

liberals hate some conservatives because they are assholes that are being jerks to other people. Completely different and no, both sides are not the same as much as cons try to sell that BS narrative

Every advance in society, every wrong that was righted, every bit of rights that were given to people, was thanks to liberals. the very nature of conservatism is to keep things the same. Well, life doesn't work that way, society doesn't work that way. We are always moving forward. It used to be OK for people to own slaves. Then people were like "this is messed up". Those were by definition liberals, not conservatives.

Liberals are smart and they know the truth about everything. And they are fair, always. And they love everyone equally. Except conservatives, whom they despise with a passion even deeper than what Jesus felt for the Pharisees.

And yet claim that to be based on "facts" which were never presented, of course.

Everybody hates somebody sometime ...

I honestly think it's a basic human need. How can you love anything or have any kind of ideals without hating whatever threatens or opposes those things and ideals?

Liberals don't see this. They think they can widen the circle of things they love indefinitely, without it backfiring. They love all races and all ethnic groups. They love the poor and the disadvantaged and the disabled.

And it's such hard work convincing themselves that they actually feel all that love, it's a great relief when they find things to hate. The hatred is justified, of course, so it does not violate their liberal ideals. Justifiable rage. The example of Hitler is always provided.

You might admire the fact that liberals are so loving and tolerant. Especially if you are a liberal, then you probably admire yourself for being so loving.

But how much does it really cost them to feel all that love? Does it require them to give up their comfortable lifestyle? Does it require them to actually help anyone less fortunate?

Face it, you are going to hate someone, and you are going to justify it. If you are a liberal you will deny this and the very idea will make you angry. If you are a conservative, maybe you already know what rats we humans are.

Hatred is a basic human right. It keeps us alive. It tells us what to stay away from. Not always correctly, not always justifiably. But it tries.

The US is so divided now, we could have a civil war if we didn't have nuclear weapons keeping us peaceful. And I blame it on the loving liberals. Because they KNOW they are on the side of goodness, and they KNOW anyone who opposes them is stupid and evil and deserves to be hated.

Hear, hear! What the world needs now is more hate!!!

And the big difference. many conservatives hate people solely based on their skin color, their religion, their political affiliations, sexual orientation, lifestyle choices, etc

liberals hate some conservatives because they are assholes that are being jerks to other people. Completely different and no, both sides are not the same as much as cons try to sell that BS narrative

Every advance in society, every wrong that was righted, every bit of rights that were given to people, was thanks to liberals. the very nature of conservatism is to keep things the same. Well, life doesn't work that way, society doesn't work that way. We are always moving forward. It used to be OK for people to own slaves. Then people were like "this is messed up". Those were by definition liberals, not conservatives.

Where things get murky is where folks try to equate repblicants with being conservatives and/or demorats with being liberals. Which political party wanted to abolish slavery and which wanted to keep it? Which political party wanted "Jim Crow" laws? Don't let those facts get in the way of your non-opinionated answers.

Total BS. Cavemen had their own rules of etiquette, as strict as ours. All primitive tribes ever studied had complex social rules. All social animals have rules to guide their interactions.

It is absolutely wrong that only "civilized" humans restrain their lower emotional centers. Total BS. I don't care if that's what we were all taught.

"Civilized" just means living in cities. Most civilizations have been far more violent and oppressive than tribal societies.

Yes we modern civilized humans are less violent than previous civilized humans. But I think that's because our governments have such impressive weapons and efficient law enforcement. We would still be fighting duels if we could get away with it.

Anyway, please, stop repeating nonsense about only civilized humans having restraint.

I’m not sure I agree, but OK.

Regardless, don’t you think some degree of restraint, manners, tact, and judgment are a good thing? Or should we always just let all our emotions hang out, and express and act on them all the time?

Where things get murky is where folks try to equate repblicants with being conservatives and/or demorats with being liberals. Which political party wanted to abolish slavery and which wanted to keep it? Which political party wanted "Jim Crow" laws? Don't let those facts get in the way of your non-opinionated answers.

Hey don't get us confused. We want everything in two neat boxes. Democrats = good and smart, Republicans = bad and stupid.

Now don't mess things up with reality, please. We can't handle it.

The switch happened with Nixon’s Southern strategy. Today’s Republican Party would have been unrecognizable to someone like, say, Teddy Roosevelt. He liked to call himself a progressive. Nowadays, that is a dirty word in the Republican Party.

Yes you have learned the liberal narrative.

If that narrative were true, then everyone would be a liberal. Do you really think conservatives interpret the last 100 years in the same way? If they did, they would stop being nasty conservatives and join the angelic liberals.

If you are repeatedly exposed to a narrative, it becomes second nature and you will never see through any aspect of it.

People vote conservative for a lot of reasons, but it's not to get rid of the progress of the 20th century I described, unless you are speaking of Paul Ryan and his Ayn Rand wet dreams. Trump campaigned for a better replacement to Obamacare, for example. No one is running on getting rid of worker's comp or unemployment insurance or suggesting we go back to spraying pesticides on workers while they are in the fields and putting 9-year olds to work in mines.

Liberals, unlike a lot of conservatives, actually live in cities, with people of all races, nationalities, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc. So we know conservatives. Meanwhile, many conservatives in their little rural, white christian bubbles and hate on everybody not a white christian, and they don't even interact with the people they hate
Basing extreme opinions on an extremely superficial reading of the "facts" again to the point you missing any nuance? The urban rural being far from homogeneously either.

Those urban "liberals" are one of the least accepting of people of diversity in ideology by any measurement but the most superfical. So there is actually a better chance a conservative knows & socially assocates with more liberals than vice versa. The fact you would define diversity as race, nationality and sexual orientation is a good indication of the superficiality. How are politically out of sync members of all of those groups treated?

For example, in a town generally everyone in the town interacts with everyone else, the general uniformity of towns lead diversity to get more exploration. It can be explored in a safe way by everyone.

In a city the high degree of diversity leads one to more likely cluster into areas of similarity. So if your measure of diversity is whether one is familiar with types of food, art, music and exposer to different lifestyles. You'd be right urban populations would be far more 'cultured' than small town America. If however you talking about exposer to ideas and personalities(different people), the opposite is true due to nature of social networks and human tendency for in-group preference.

In a town a 'liberal' may be more isolated but is still commonly interacted with on a meaningful level almost daily. Friend/social group having many different types of people. In the city the interaction between groups will tend to be more superficial and not involve meaningful social interactions. So sure cultural backgrounds of a group of friends might be more diversity visibly but they're ideological similarity far far higher. The bigger the urban centre the more that being true. So unless you counting interaction with other political affiliations in the most superficial sense, that is simply wrong even this flawed urban/rural logic!

Think of a one room classroom verse large school with many cliques, which is more isolating?
We hate you because you are such hateful, ignorant, greedy, and/or selfish people that are complete hypocrites, completely dishonest, have no compassion for anybody not like them.
What your expressing is called ingroup prefernece. The other reason you highlight those human traits is your tribalism.

People vote conservative for a lot of reasons, but it's not to get rid of the progress of the 20th century I described, unless you are speaking of Paul Ryan and his Ayn Rand wet dreams. Trump campaigned for a better replacement to Obamacare, for example. No one is running on getting rid of worker's comp or unemployment insurance or suggesting we go back to spraying pesticides on workers while they are in the fields and putting 9-year olds to work in mines.

I wish that was true. But already, things like child labor laws and civil rights are coming under increasing tacit attack from the Republican Party. If you recall, Newt Gingrich called the child labor laws stupid, and many conservative southern states are trying every which way but loose to disenfranchise the African-American vote again. There were even Tea Party candidates trying to gut the entire public school system. Now we are not talking 20th century, we are talking post Civil War era.

And they're keeping Jews as slaves as well. They're good for chores requiring intelligence.

Leftists want select groups of modern liberals given special privileges and money for supposedly being victims of atrocities someone totally unrelated to any modern American committed against some people totally unrelated to any modern atrocities by modern Americans. Greedy leftists unjustly claim victimhood so they can turn innocent modern Americans into paying victims of their unjust narcissist greed.

See, this is the type of idiocy I'm talking about. Democrats back then were conservatives. The parties have switched many times in their posiiton through the years, but if things stayed the same, republicans today would be democrats during the slave ages.

Republicans should be discriminated against today because modern leftist liberals claim they "would have been" the bad guys back then, even though they weren't. m The democrats were the ones who promoted slavery back then and not republicans. This who twisted logic is utter foolishness.

The truth is slavery is over and nobody should be blaming anyone today for what happened 150 years ago. Who even promotes such foolishness? Do they not know how to think right?

I wish that was true. But already, things like child labor laws and civil rights are coming under increasing tacit attack from the Republican Party. If you recall, Newt Gingrich called the child labor laws stupid, and many conservative southern states are trying every which way but loose to disenfranchise the African-American vote again. There were even Tea Party candidates trying to gut the entire public school system. Now we are not talking 20th century, we are talking post Civil War era.

Eternal vigilance is required to be sure, but these proposals generally cannot withstand the light of day. However, a societal weakness we have is that the media does not seem attracted to workplace issues aside from sexual harassment. Voter suppression is the most vicious, but even that is a good sign: Conservative forces think they are losing due to demographics and have been pretty open about voter suppression as a way to put off unwelcome changes.

Back
Top Bottom