• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hatred is a Basic Human Right

Of course, it is natural to hate.

When I read about a thug who robs a store clerk and then shoots the clerk dead just for the fun of it, I hate that thug.

And it makes me angry that there's no way that thug will ever be executed.

Think about sexism and misogyny. It's absolutely been around forever and still is, but even someone who is incredibly misogynistic like Trump has still married multiple women. He enjoys their company and having them around he just doesn't respect them as equals. People like that think to themselves, "if I hate women so much why would I marry one?" But it's one thing to tolerate or even enjoy a person's company, it's another to see them as an equal or even as a superior. People like that may tolerate or enjoy a woman or minorities company, but having them as a superior with power over them would still be viewed as unacceptable. For someone like Trump, having a woman or an African American in charge is roughly equivalent to having a Dog in charge. While they may like dogs and enjoy having them around as companions so long as they are submissive loyal and obedient, they would never let a dog call the shots.

Most men are sexist, even if only subconsciously. They like women as long as they stay in traditional roles and don't compete with them.

Everybody hates somebody sometime ...

I honestly think it's a basic human need. How can you love anything or have any kind of ideals without hating whatever threatens or opposes those things and ideals?

Liberals don't see this. They think they can widen the circle of things they love indefinitely, without it backfiring. They love all races and all ethnic groups. They love the poor and the disadvantaged and the disabled.

And it's such hard work convincing themselves that they actually feel all that love, it's a great relief when they find things to hate. The hatred is justified, of course, so it does not violate their liberal ideals. Justifiable rage. The example of Hitler is always provided.

You might admire the fact that liberals are so loving and tolerant. Especially if you are a liberal, then you probably admire yourself for being so loving.

But how much does it really cost them to feel all that love? Does it require them to give up their comfortable lifestyle? Does it require them to actually help anyone less fortunate?

Face it, you are going to hate someone, and you are going to justify it. If you are a liberal you will deny this and the very idea will make you angry. If you are a conservative, maybe you already know what rats we humans are.

Hatred is a basic human right. It keeps us alive. It tells us what to stay away from. Not always correctly, not always justifiably. But it tries.

The US is so divided now, we could have a civil war if we didn't have nuclear weapons keeping us peaceful. And I blame it on the loving liberals. Because they KNOW they are on the side of goodness, and they KNOW anyone who opposes them is stupid and evil and deserves to be hated.

Yep. According to the left hatred is ok as long as it is justified.

Hatred is ok as long as it's justified. The catch is that you can justify anything if you really try. There are Republicans who feel it's justified to hate any and all Democrats, and Democrats who feel it's justified to hate any and all Republicans. There are whites who feel justified in hating blacks, and blacks who feel justified in hating them back.

Back
Top Bottom