• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hatred is a Basic Human Right

I don't hate Conservatives. They are kind of like your wife. You love her but sometimes you don't like her very much and vice versa. And of course there are Liberals that just hate Conservatives and nothing else.

I don't hate liberals. But I do hate hypocrisy. Really, of everything I hate hypocrisy is probably number one, or maybe two.

Everybody hates somebody sometime ...

I honestly think it's a basic human need. How can you love anything or have any kind of ideals without hating whatever threatens or opposes those things and ideals?

Liberals don't see this. They think they can widen the circle of things they love indefinitely, without it backfiring. They love all races and all ethnic groups. They love the poor and the disadvantaged and the disabled.

And it's such hard work convincing themselves that they actually feel all that love, it's a great relief when they find things to hate. The hatred is justified, of course, so it does not violate their liberal ideals. Justifiable rage. The example of Hitler is always provided.

You might admire the fact that liberals are so loving and tolerant. Especially if you are a liberal, then you probably admire yourself for being so loving.

But how much does it really cost them to feel all that love? Does it require them to give up their comfortable lifestyle? Does it require them to actually help anyone less fortunate?

Face it, you are going to hate someone, and you are going to justify it. If you are a liberal you will deny this and the very idea will make you angry. If you are a conservative, maybe you already know what rats we humans are.

Hatred is a basic human right. It keeps us alive. It tells us what to stay away from. Not always correctly, not always justifiably. But it tries.

The US is so divided now, we could have a civil war if we didn't have nuclear weapons keeping us peaceful. And I blame it on the loving liberals. Because they KNOW they are on the side of goodness, and they KNOW anyone who opposes them is stupid and evil and deserves to be hated.

Leftists do not think they hate because they do not think babies to be butchered in the womb are humans, Jews to be gassed in the chamber are worthy of life, and Trump is anything but an orange orangutan who stands in the way of total democrat Bolshevik progress in America.

Leftists do not think they hate because they do not think babies to be butchered in the womb are humans, Jews to be gassed in the chamber are worthy of life, and Trump is anything but an orange orangutan who stands in the way of total democrat Bolshevik progress in America.

Yeah those liberals always trying to gas the Jews. Terrible.

I honestly think it's a basic human need. How can you love anything or have any kind of ideals without hating whatever threatens or opposes those things and ideals?

Liberals don't see this. They think they can widen the circle of things they love indefinitely, without it backfiring. They love all races and all ethnic groups. They love the poor and the disadvantaged and the disabled.

And it's such hard work convincing themselves that they actually feel all that love, it's a great relief when they find things to hate. The hatred is justified, of course, so it does not violate their liberal ideals. Justifiable rage. The example of Hitler is always provided.

You might admire the fact that liberals are so loving and tolerant. Especially if you are a liberal, then you probably admire yourself for being so loving.

But how much does it really cost them to feel all that love? Does it require them to give up their comfortable lifestyle? Does it require them to actually help anyone less fortunate?

Face it, you are going to hate someone, and you are going to justify it. If you are a liberal you will deny this and the very idea will make you angry. If you are a conservative, maybe you already know what rats we humans are.

Hatred is a basic human right. It keeps us alive. It tells us what to stay away from. Not always correctly, not always justifiably. But it tries.

The US is so divided now, we could have a civil war if we didn't have nuclear weapons keeping us peaceful. And I blame it on the loving liberals. Because they KNOW they are on the side of goodness, and they KNOW anyone who opposes them is stupid and evil and deserves to be hated.

Hate is a basic part of who we are, any denial of this and most attempts to repress by force this part of us are inhumane.

But then again we sure are some cruel mother****ers now.

I don't hate liberals. But I do hate hypocrisy. Really, of everything I hate hypocrisy is probably number one, or maybe two.

Then surely it bothers you a little bit that the same people who were losing their lunch with outrage over Clinton’s marital infedilities now give a mulligan so readily to Trump’s.

Last edited:
Hate is a basic part of who we are, any denial of this and most attempts to repress by force this part of us are inhumane.

But then again we sure are some cruel mother****ers now.

There are a lot of things that are a basic part of human nature. The difference between civilized humans with some manners and caveman is that the civilized man has the ability to control them. It’s called manners. It’s also called intelligence, tact, judgment, refinement, restraint. It’s when you have higher brain centers that can control the lower reptilian emotional centers of your brain. It’s the same reason we don’t take a dump on the living room floor anytime we feel like it. And no, just because taking a dump is natural does not mean you can do it wherever you want, whenever you want.

There is nothing admirable about just saying and doing whatever you feel like, anytime you feel like it. Here is a nice history of how and why manners evolved through human history:

There are a lot of things that are a basic part of human nature. The difference between civilized humans with some manners and caveman is that the civilized man has the ability to control them. It’s called manners. It’s also called intelligence, tact, judgment, refinement, restraint. It’s when you have higher brain centers that can control the lower reptilian emotional centers of your brain. It’s the same reason we don’t take a dump on the living room floor anytime we feel like it. And no, just because taking a dump is natural does not mean you can do it wherever you want, whenever you want.

There is nothing admirable about just saying and doing whatever you feel like, anytime you feel like it. Here is a nice history of how and why manners evolved through human history:

There is not a lot wrong with hate, hate is a form of caring, it is those who dont care who are the really harmful assholes.

We have GOT to re-learn how to prioritize!

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Yeah those liberals always trying to gas the Jews. Terrible.

Exactly, and southern American democrats trying to keep the blacks enslaved. It seems leftists believe some things are to be forgotten but other things are never to be forgotten.

There is not a lot wrong with hate, hate is a form of caring, it is those who dont care who are the really harmful assholes.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

Perhaps. But, like taking a dump and passing gas, it is not acceptable to do it wherever you like, however you like, whenever you like. Some restraint, judgment and tact are called for. I am a little concerned that such cultural refinements are being lost in the haste to just let it all hang out, always say it like it is, and exercise no judgment in how we allow these “natural” traits to express themselves. It is not acceptable to expose the world to all your “natural” inclinations. Some manners and restraint are not a bad thing, as unnatural as they may be. We are not cavemen anymore.

Perhaps. But, like taking a dump and passing gas, it is not acceptable to do it wherever you like, however you like, whenever you like. Some restraint, judgment and tact are called for. I am a little concerned that such cultural refinements are being lost in the haste to just let it all hang out, always say it like it is, and exercise no judgment in how we allow these “natural” traits to express themselves. It is not acceptable to expose the world to all your “natural” inclinations. Some manners and restraint are not a bad thing, as unnatural as they may be. We are not cavemen anymore.

As one of DP's Premier Civility Advocates I agree. As Jordan Peterson points out there needs to be general agreement/consent to the game, and the rules of the game must be established and they must hold regardless of who is winning and who is losing....when too many peope decide that the rules dont matter or that they are entitled to act like obnoxious dicks then the game breaks down....we head toward chaos...and we all lose.

This is how America is going at the moment.

I love a deflection thread.

It testifies to how desperate the lovers of Trump are.

So there's a lot of love going on here. Despite how much some people hate it and start a thread against it.

I don't know if it's arrogance. I think they are sincere and mean well. But liberalism today has a narrative that portrays liberalism as the force of progress out of darkness into light and love. I am not exaggerating.

You can make whatever narrative you want out of anything, by carefully selecting historical events. So you have the slaves being freed, and then you have the end of segregation, and women get to vote, and blah blah blah. Every step of the way, the story shows progress from the bad old days to the wonderful progressive future.

And the story is true! But you could select very different events from history and come up with a very different story.

The liberal narrative is taught in social sciences and humanities departments in probably all of our colleges and universities now. If that is the only narrative you are indoctrinated with, that is the one you will believe, mostly subconsciously.

The last 100 years in the US is a monument to what good liberalism can do, from Teddy R to FDR, to JFK’s Peace Corps to immigration reform correcting the racism of previous laws, to civil rights laws, to environmental legislation, to Carter’s human rights efforts that hastened the fall if the Soviet empire, to Obaba’s unifying message to the promise of Obamacare. What’s not to like?

When you go to work in modern times, you work with a dignity previously unimagined in history. Thank a liberal. Yes, we can be insufferably smug, and more than slightly absurd with our political correctness. But on balance...

Last edited:
Not exactly. They have a right to hate anyone they want to hate. But the problem is they are hypocrites, pretending they love and tolerate everyone.

What the hell are you talking about?

I totally agree with you, hatred is normal. Who hasn't experience it?

I think they are sincere and mean well. But liberalism today has a narrative that portrays liberalism as the force of progress out of darkness into light and love.
Psychology does well to warn of the phenomenon, although hardly specific to "liberals". To love something, even unconditionally or as a state of being requires first and foremost healthy boundaries. Love starts with a "no" even before granting a yes.

A loving parent demands a responsibility in exchange for privilege even in the face of a well behaved child. Hate is not breed in the tyranny of not being responsive enough to need, nor lacking empathy, nor even face of a peer being narrow sighted as to their worth. Hate always breed from resentment. Attention to need, empathy and recognition are all great as expression of genuine love, require first a firm boundary. This is because trust.

No person is empower when no boundary is set which respect their own. If their happiness is your happiness. You have perpetrated a violation and laid only the seeds for resentment both for yourself and those who you attest with your unrequited psudeo-love.

Love. Must begin by defining your limit. Your standard. You're condition. Your love, like with your child may well be unconditional in nature, but love's expression can not be without consent. Without trust. Trust begins by recognizing within us is a little tyrant too happy to respond to resentment with unbridle hate and psudeo-love with undefined conditions always leads to more resentment.

"Liberals" like so many are by and large resentful people even if so only specific in the domain to politics. The sincere gestures and well meaningless overshadowed as they find themselves unable to separate disagreement from personal choice. Their progress mostly their ego's identified objectives being met without confirmation by genuine effect nor confirmation by the reciver.

Hate, leads way to more resentment. Hatred is no doubt a Basic Human Right, but justifying that hate as necessary to love only just a different way to fail to set your own boundaries. The boundryless will exist and attempt to sow their resentfulness to justify their unfulfilled desires every hungry for more.

But, Be fulfilled. Glad to tell your love ones "no" and it is easy to love. They're disagreement no more angering them watching them destroy themselves by their own hate. No doubt their jackel ways will invite times of tough love, but all and all hate holds very little value except as a warning to exmine ones own resentments.

Then surely it bothers you a little bit that the same people who were losing their lunch with outrage over Clinton’s marital infedilities now give a mulligan so readily to Trump’s.

Maybe that's sheer dumb blind stupidity.

Total BS. Cavemen had their own rules of etiquette, as strict as ours. All primitive tribes ever studied had complex social rules. All social animals have rules to guide their interactions.

It is absolutely wrong that only "civilized" humans restrain their lower emotional centers. Total BS. I don't care if that's what we were all taught.

"Civilized" just means living in cities. Most civilizations have been far more violent and oppressive than tribal societies.

Yes we modern civilized humans are less violent than previous civilized humans. But I think that's because our governments have such impressive weapons and efficient law enforcement. We would still be fighting duels if we could get away with it.

Anyway, please, stop repeating nonsense about only civilized humans having restraint.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

If you love everyone and you don't hate anyone, that means you actually don't give a sh-t.

Exactly, and southern American democrats trying to keep the blacks enslaved. It seems leftists believe some things are to be forgotten but other things are never to be forgotten.

And they're keeping Jews as slaves as well. They're good for chores requiring intelligence.

^^^ That's a truly strange post. I think I understand what you're trying to assert, but your logic is whacky. Maybe turn down your biases and try again? And do try to recognize the difference between fear and hatred.

Hatred is a fruitage of the flesh...Galatians 5:19-21...

If you love everyone and you don't hate anyone, that means you actually don't give a sh-t.

Jude tells us to hate the act, not the person...Jude 4,23...

Back
Top Bottom