• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harry Reid's seat not such an easy grab?

Pretty much. Mr V defines Liberal as "anyone who disagrees with him."

Now, read this post:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/scien...ve-nasa-sign-our-petition.html#post1058815135

Does that sound like a liberal? To Mr. V, that post is dripping with liberalism.

How about your ability to read? Giving the subject of the bet and then offering to make a bet on that suggests that the original topic I gave was the subject of the bet. Not my fault you can't read.

Exactly. The political lean of who you label is irrelevant to what they actually are.

Except that you define liberalism as anything you don't like. Not surprising.

Well, at least I can read a graph.

Moderator's Warning:
OK, number 1, in the first quote, you are calling out MrV in a thread that he never participating in. Call outs are nothing but baiting. Next, in the second quote, the attacks and personal insults need to stop. All toll, alter you posting behavior, or there will be further consequences.

Here's a good article on how Reid's chances have improved since the GOP nominated Angle: Why Harry Reid's Chances Are Improving in Nevada - TIME

Please folks -- read the article and debate its conclusions without dismissing it as being from the "lamestream media" or something else that has nothing to do with what the article actually says.

Here's a good article on how Reid's chances have improved since the GOP nominated Angle: Why Harry Reid's Chances Are Improving in Nevada - TIME

Please folks -- read the article and debate its conclusions without dismissing it as being from the "lamestream media" or something else that has nothing to do with what the article actually says.

"The nation is arming," she said last month. "What are they arming for if it isn't that they are so distrustful of their government? They're afraid they'll have to fight for their liberty in more Second Amendment kinds of ways. That's why I look at this as almost an imperative. If we don't win at the ballot box, what will be the next step?"

Read more: Why Harry Reid's Chances Are Improving in Nevada - TIME

"Vote for me or people are gonna get shot." :D

Reid's chances keep improving. In a recent interview:

Angle called for the privatization of Social Security and Medicare.

Angle said she opposed extending jobless benefits because they've "spoiled our citizenry" and kept people out of the workforce.

Angle mistakenly endorsed Harry Reid's job's bill, having clearly never heard of it before.

Angle said "people are afraid of their government" and that "of course" they "need to" arm themselves to protect liberties from government tyranny.

Angle said the constitution does not create a separation of church and state.

Angle said she opposes abortion in all cases, including rape and incest.

Angle endorsed making Nevada's Yucca Mountain the nation's dumping ground for spent nuclear waste because she says it has been safe. She said Nevada should stop fighting the plan to dump the nation's nuclear materials there.

Reid couldn't ask for a better (worse?) opponent.

Angle endorsed making Nevada's Yucca Mountain the nation's dumping ground for spent nuclear waste because she says it has been safe. She said Nevada should stop fighting the plan to dump the nation's nuclear materials there.

She's actually right about this part, although it's certainly unpopular in Nevada. Nuclear waste isn't nearly as dangerous as people think it is. Personally, I blame The Simpsons for giving them the image of rusty old barrels dripping green goo.

She's actually right about this part, although it's certainly unpopular in Nevada. Nuclear waste isn't nearly as dangerous as people think it is. Personally, I blame The Simpsons for giving them the image of rusty old barrels dripping green goo.

The point of course, as you recognize, is that this is no way to endear herself to Nevada voters.

The point of course, as you recognize, is that this is no way to endear herself to Nevada voters.

Certainly not. Nevada's NIMBY crowd is just as strong as anywhere else, if not stronger.

They laughed at me. Ohh Deuce it's just wishful thinking, they said!

Harry Reid Jumps Out to a Lead Over Sharron Angle in New Nevada Senate Poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Reid leads Angle 44 percent to 37 percent in the new Mason-Dixon poll, conducted for the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Ten percent were undecided, and 5 percent chose "none of these candidates."

Reid's aggressive campaign of shining light on Angle's extremism seems to be paying off for the moment. I think this proves the premise of this thread: What should have been an easy takeover for the GOP will now be a hotly contested seat and perhaps even manage to slip away from Team Red's grasp.

There's still a long way to go, obviously, and with lots of undecideds left.

Harry Reid Jumps Out to a Lead Over Sharron Angle in New Nevada Senate Poll - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Reid's aggressive campaign of shining light on Angle's extremism seems to be paying off for the moment. I think this proves the premise of this thread: What should have been an easy takeover for the GOP will now be a hotly contested seat and perhaps even manage to slip away from Team Red's grasp.

If Reid keeps saying things like no illegals work construction or this is not cap and trade that is not in my vocabulary he will lose. I hope a third party wins

WOAH a CBS POLL SHOWS REID AHEAD~!!! Deuce is sooo vindicated. Really.

WOAH a CBS POLL SHOWS REID AHEAD~!!! Deuce is sooo vindicated. Really.

Except, of course, it's NOT a CBS poll, which you would know had you even read the link instead of being stuck in your opinion, facts be damned.

Except, of course, it's NOT a CBS poll, which you would know had you even read the link instead of being stuck in your opinion, facts be damned.

Except he didn't even have to click my link to pick up on that.... it's right there in the text I quoted.

And the poll shows Senator Reid is still well under 50% which usually means big trouble for an incumbent. That race will be a nail biter all the way to election day (and possibly beyond).

And the poll shows Senator Reid is still well under 50% which usually means big trouble for an incumbent. That race will be a nail biter all the way to election day (and possibly beyond).

Keep in mind that Nevada also has a "none of the above" option. This means that some of the anti-incumbent mood will vote "none of the above", diluting the vote from the GOP candidate. Since that's kind of a "third party", Reid doesn't need 50% to win.

It will be interesting and a nail biter, I agree with you. But as I said a while ago, I'd still bet on Reid.

Keep in mind that Nevada also has a "none of the above" option. This means that some of the anti-incumbent mood will vote "none of the above", diluting the vote from the GOP candidate. Since that's kind of a "third party", Reid doesn't need 50% to win.

It will be interesting and a nail biter, I agree with you. But as I said a while ago, I'd still bet on Reid.

Some of those 3rd party votes could easily be siphoned off of Reid as well, depending on the nature of the candidate. He's really that unliked.
Definitely a race to watch. Coulda had a "gimme," GOP!

isn't she kind of a political idiot?

Some of those 3rd party votes could easily be siphoned off of Reid as well, depending on the nature of the candidate. He's really that unliked.

Absolutely, sorry I didn't make that clear.

My point is that there are a certain number of Reid supporters and then there are those who don't want him. Of those who don't, some will vote for Angell and some with vote for None of the Above. Even if 60% of the public doesn't want him, if 30% vote for her and 30% vote None of the Above, he still wins with 40%. (This is not my prediction; I'm just pointing out how this could affect the race)

The Harry Reid situation is a poster child for "WTF went wrong". His numbers are crap, he is ripe to be picked off, and what does the GOP do? Runs a certified lunatic against him. Kind of funny - It used to be Democrats that ran unelectable people against the Republican Party. Remember Mondale, who lost 49 states to Reagan in 1984? LOL.

The Harry Reid situation is a poster child for "WTF went wrong". His numbers are crap, he is ripe to be picked off, and what does the GOP do? Runs a certified lunatic against him. Kind of funny - It used to be Democrats that ran unelectable people against the Republican Party. Remember Mondale, who lost 49 states to Reagan in 1984? LOL.

You are correct Dana....He WAS ripe to be picked off. That was until the fools that control Nevada's GOP elected a nutjob like Sharon Angle over the moderate opponent. Nevadans know what a wackjob Angle is and will hold their nose and vote for Reid. The GOP blew it in California as well. They chose a woman fired for incompetence (Fiorna) to run against Boxer. Boxer actually could have been beaten, but not by Carly Fiorna.

You are correct Dana....He WAS ripe to be picked off. That was until the fools that control Nevada's GOP elected a nutjob like Sharon Angle over the moderate opponent. Nevadans know what a wackjob Angle is and will hold their nose and vote for Reid. The GOP blew it in California as well. They chose a woman fired for incompetence (Fiorna) to run against Boxer. Boxer actually could have been beaten, but not by Carly Fiorna.

Fiorna says: "I ran Hewlett-Packard! :D"
Public says: "...and how'd that go?"

Nev. just didn't have a Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins for you... sorry Dan.

I just can't wait till this "crazy lady" beats Reid, I'll come back to giggle.

Nev. just didn't have a Lindsey Graham, Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins for you... sorry Dan.

I just can't wait till this "crazy lady" beats Reid, I'll come back to giggle.

Yes, I too hope more tinfoil-hat types make it into congress.

Fiorna says: "I ran Hewlett-Packard! :D"
Public says: "...and how'd that go?"

Indeed. The fact that the GOP are actually running her is pretty amazing. "I ran a highly successful company directly into the ground and did not prevent a merger that anyone with half a brain knew was a bad idea! VOTE FOR ME!"

Seriously. The Democrats don't need to spend much money to destroy her. Her baggage alone is nuts. But then again, the American people did vote a man who destroyed the Texas Rangers and his own oil company into the Presidency twice...

Oh wait. She certainly ran Hewlett-Packard. Ran Hewlett-Packing!

Back
Top Bottom