• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamas imposes travel restrictions on unmarried women

Nothing from Mohammed?
As I quoted
Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.”
But the Quran chapter 53 verses 2-5 say: "Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred, Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed, Taught to him by one intense in strength -"

Have you formed an actual refutation yet, or an attempt of it?

As I quoted
But the Quran chapter 53 verses 2-5 say: "Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred, Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination. It is not but a revelation revealed, Taught to him by one intense in strength -"

Have you formed an actual refutation yet, or an attempt of it?

Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
I don't know what is the matter with you. It says: "Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.”"

Do you understand the words "on the whole"?

I could post the attacks on innocent civilians but that would take pages....
I do and I could list the crimes of Israel for pages and pages and pages. But I'm sure you're familiar with them already.

I don't know what is the matter with you. It says: "Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.”"
Narratives.

Someone NARRATED what someone else SAID the Profit Mohammed stated... Third person hearsay.

And it is Hamas that issues the edict here and now.

I do and I could list the crimes of Israel for pages and pages and pages. But I'm sure you're familiar with them already.

Tens of thousands of mortars, rocket and other explosive devices targeting civilians exclusively... The suicide bombings of market places and busses.... The knife assaults...

Tens of thousands of attacks.

Someone NARRATED what someone else SAID the Profit Mohammed stated... Third person hearsay.
If you're going take that path, I can quote anything from the Quran and you can call it hearsay, but unfortunately for you, we're not discussing your opinion of the past, but the Islamic doctrine. There is no avoiding the fact that a major part of Islamic doctrine is what is found in the authentic hadiths. Whether you like them or not and believe them or not is irrelevant.
And it is Hamas that issues the edict here and now.
You seemingly haven't been able to decide yet if you're angry at hamas, Islamic doctrine or those who practice Islam? It appears obvious you hate hamas for the fact that they seemingly practice Islam and you wouldn't like Palestinians to be encouraged to practice Islam either.

One can only conclude, you certainly have no favorable view of Islam. That isn't surprising, but what is surprising is that you are unwilling to admit it.

If you're going take that path, I can quote anything from the Quran and you can call it hearsay, but unfortunately for you, we're not discussing your opinion of the past, but the Islamic doctrine. There is no avoiding the fact that a major part of Islamic doctrine is what is found in the authentic hadiths. Whether you like them or not and believe them or not is irrelevant.

You seemingly haven't been able to decide yet if you're angry at hamas, Islamic doctrine or those who practice Islam? It appears obvious you hate hamas for the fact that they seemingly practice Islam and you wouldn't like Palestinians to be encouraged to practice Islam either.

One can only conclude, you certainly have no favorable view of Islam. That isn't surprising, but what is surprising is that you are unwilling to admit it.

I have been very, very clear who I am speaking of.

Hamas.

That you are trying to spin it into Islamophobia is indicative of dishonesty and your desire to ignore what I post and create false narratives.

Who is enforcing this edict in the here and now?

Hamas.

And if you look at my posting history I have defended Islam from Islamophobes and have taken Christians to task for their beliefs and actions such as the inquisitions and the Crusades.

So you can take your accusation and do with it what you want. That dog don't hunt.

Just to clear this point up, hadiths are alleged quotes from Mohamed as narrated by his companions and compiled (hundreds of years later) by the likes of Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

The illogic of saying hadiths are part of Islamic scripture is obvious. If they were meant to be included in the formulation of Islam, they would have been compiled and taught contemporaneously with the Qur'an. To include them as scripture equal to the Qur'an would mean that Islam was incomplete for the first three hundred years after Mohamed's lifetime. That is absurd. It is also contrary to the Qur'an.

Verse 5:3 says, "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion".

Not only does the Qur'an not say that more is coming, it explicitly says that more is NOT coming. The creation of Islamic scripture died with Mohamed, and it says NOTHING about prohibiting women from travelling alone.

I have been very, very clear who I am speaking of.

Hamas.
Never argued that. I commented that the ruling is more or less aligned with Islam. You denied that. The discussion after that has been about whether it is Islamic or not.
That you are trying to spin it into Islamophobia
I have not used the word islamophobia and I don't see any need for it. I simply stated that it is clear you don't like Islam. Am I wrong? I find it odd that you can't be upfront about your beliefs.
your desire to ignore what I post and create false narratives.
What is my "false narrative"? What did I say that was wrong? What did I ignore?
And if you look at my posting history I have defended Islam from Islamophobes
I wouldn't trust you to "defend islam" since you have denied a simple ruling I have presented with evidence and called an authentic hadith hearsay. Would not someone so ignorant do more damage than good?

The illogic of saying hadiths are part of Islamic scripture is obvious. If they were meant to be included in the formulation of Islam, they would have been compiled and taught contemporaneously with the Qur'an. To include them as scripture equal to the Qur'an would mean that Islam was incomplete for the first three hundred years after Mohamed's lifetime. That is absurd. It is also contrary to the Qur'an.

Verse 5:3 says, "This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion".

Not only does the Qur'an not say that more is coming, it explicitly says that more is NOT coming. The creation of Islamic scripture died with Mohamed, and it says NOTHING about prohibiting women from travelling alone.
Well, how else are primitive weak males supposed to exert their supposed superiority and control over women?

Answer: Religion!

The illogic of saying hadiths are part of Islamic scripture is obviou
Well no one says that...
If they were meant to be included in the formulation of Islam, they would have been compiled and taught contemporaneously with the Qur'an.
Hadiths were written and taught at the time of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).
To include them as scripture equal to the Qur'an
No one does..
would mean that Islam was incomplete for the first three hundred years after Mohamed's lifetime.
Hadiths were taught and written down during the time of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).
and it says NOTHING about prohibiting women from travelling alone.
Is this because you were forced to deny that one authentic hadith about Medina being called Medina? You have taken a sharp turn on your rethoric. I don't imagine it lasts long.

The Qur'an tells us to obey the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)
4:59 "O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you. And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best [way] and best in result."

59:7 "And what Allah restored to His Messenger from the people of the towns - it is for Allah and for the Messenger and for [his] near relatives and orphans and the [stranded] traveler - so that it will not be a perpetual distribution among the rich from among you. And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is severe in penalty."

53:3-4 “Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is but a revelation revealed”

A general guideline for women in the Qur'an is to stay in their houses.

33:33 “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance”

Never argued that. I commented that the ruling is more or less aligned with Islam. You denied that. The discussion after that has been about whether it is Islamic or not.

Please lie again.

"You seemingly haven't been able to decide yet if you're angry at hamas, Islamic doctrine or those who practice Islam? "

I have not used the word islamophobia and I don't see any need for it. I simply stated that it is clear you don't like Islam. Am I wrong? I find it odd that you can't be upfront about your beliefs.

I have. Because it is a real thing. So what if you haven't used it?

And you simply ascribe to me that I "don't like Islam" as an attack because you have no other mode.

And my beliefs are not OP nor do they matter. I deal in facts. Reality. Not what thing is up in the sky, in the ground or in the water...

What is my "false narrative"? What did I say that was wrong? What did I ignore?

Everything I say about my stance on Islam.

I wouldn't trust you to "defend islam" since you have denied a simple ruling I have presented with evidence and called an authentic hadith hearsay. Would not someone so ignorant do more damage than good?

I can defend Islam without being hooked on what some third party narrated about what a second party says.

The discussion is about Hamas and their edict. That is why it is in this forum and not in the Beliefs/Religion forum.

I can defend Islam without being hooked on what some third party narrated about what a second party says.

The discussion is about Hamas and their edict. That is why it is in this forum and not in the Beliefs/Religion forum.

Looks like someone else has seen through your schtick

It is also extremely hypocritical and dishonest that you

A. Asked them to elaborate on their claims about what Islamic doctrine states , only to then turn turtle and play the usual " this thread is about " when they started handing you your arse.

B That you were happy enough to be off topic yourself until you started to get your arse handed to you

Looks like someone else has seen through your schtick

It is also extremely hypocritical and dishonest that you

A. Asked them to elaborate on their claims about what Islamic doctrine states , only to then turn turtle and play the usual " this thread is about " when they started handing you your arse.

B That you were happy enough to be off topic yourself until you started to get your arse handed to you

Hamas...

Anything to say about the OP are are you on Auto-derail again?

Hamas...

Anything to say about the OP are are you on Auto-derail again?

Yep, Valery was right that this is an Islamic standard and not just a Hamas one. If you cared so much about the right of people living in Gaza to travel, regardless of their gender, you would denounce the iron grip the state of Israel has on that very subject but you don't

Please lie again.

"You seemingly haven't been able to decide yet if you're angry at hamas, Islamic doctrine or those who practice Islam? "
Right, I suppose you have made it clear you at least pretend to be angry at hamas — and why not? But you do not say anything direct about Islam.
I have. Because it is a real thing
What is it? Just so I know what you're talking about in the future.
So what if you haven't used it?
You implied I had or that it was somehow in the background of my comments while I barely ever use the word.
And you simply ascribe to me that I "don't like Islam" as an attack because you have no other mode.
What kind of an attack would that be? The forum is full of people who have an intense dislike to Islam/religion/morals. Why would I "attack" you for that if I was to "attack" you for anything? It isn't my problem if you don't like Islam. It is your problem. I have asked you whether I am wrong or not on that. Have you yet replied? It's a straightforward question.
And my beliefs are not OP nor do they matter.
But you have seemingly agreed with many others that the ruling was bad and that it was unislamic.
I deal in facts.
You have little to back them up, though, if you have anything.
Everything I say about my stance on Islam.
So... You like Islam and you do believe the hadith is authentic and you agree the ruling aligns more or less with Islam, etc? If that is so, why don't you say so?
You're continuing in complete denial on what Islam is. This is one characteristic of Israeli propaganda and of the behaviour of those who wish to corrupt and demoralize the Muslims. Instead of attacking Islam, they try to distort it so as to corrupt the Muslim societies and communities in order to weaken them because they know Islam makes them strong.
That was the OP, but the OP hasn't returned. After that it has been about whether it aligns with Islam or not. It is significant in order to understand the ruling.

This entire thread is the most elegant proof to date that religion amplifies misogyny.

33:33 “And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance”

Thank you for destroying your own argument. If you were to be honest (yeah, right) you would have also quoted 33:32, which shows the Qur'an is NOT speaking to women in general, but specifically to Mohamed's wives. It says it is they who are supposed to stay home, unlike other Muslim women.

33:32, 33 - "Wives of the Prophet, you are not like other women. If you have fear of God, do not be tender in your speech lest people whose hearts are sick may lust after you, And stay in you houses ...".

The Hamas decision to not allow unmarried women to travel without the permission of their male family members is bad enough but the sudden interest in the Palestinian rights to movement/travel by those who support the restrictions on them when it's the state of Israel doing the hampering/denying those rights is sadly too ridiculous to behold
Nothing of subtance here, just a poor attempt to derail the thread

Back
Top Bottom