• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamas imposes travel restrictions on unmarried women

This is Hamas enforcing edicts.

Hamas.
This is because you need to convince others that hamas are THE terrorists. If it was Islam and not hamas you would be admitting to a war against a religion. While it is well known the Israeli propaganda hates Islam and lies about it in many ways, they don't incline to this rethoric with hamas. No, because their war against Palestinians must be thought to be because of the Palestinians and not because of their selfish desires and their hatred.

It's from authentic Islamic sources. It is not permissable for Muslims to deny the authentic hadiths. Some people fear Islam so (or they follow the media that does) they have to pretend it is limited to a couple of countries and that other countries but the two or three have some "other kind of Islam".
schools of thought in Islam

You're one of those... I suppose it would be a waste of time for me to respond to you. Let this be a sufficient answer: Those who prefer the truth, look for it, others turn away from it.
You don't supply any answers of substance.

No one is forcing you to say out loud the ugly things you have in mind. If you can't handle a response, keep them to yourself.

There is nothing ugly about my comments.

Really not sure how anyone who cares about the plight of the ordinary people there and is a genuine supporter of the Palestinians right to self determination, could actually defend this action.

That makes zero sense at all.

There is nothing ugly about my comments.

Really not sure how anyone who cares about the plight of the ordinary people there and is a genuine supporter of the Palestinians right to self determination, could actually defend this action.

That makes zero sense at all.
Scratch an ardent Islamist (and by that I don't mean "jihadist" at all) and they go defensive to the point of lashing out at anybody else, deservedly or not.

It's the much preferred adoption of victimhood that we can see in many other groups as well, the minute they're incapable of sensibly (let alone constructively) addressing any criticism of their philosophy.

This is because you need to convince others that hamas are THE terrorists. If it was Islam and not hamas you would be admitting to a war against a religion. While it is well known the Israeli propaganda hates Islam and lies about it in many ways, they don't incline to this rethoric with hamas. No, because their war against Palestinians must be thought to be because of the Palestinians and not because of their selfish desires and their hatred.
My opinion of the terrorist group Hamas does not change the fact HAMAS is the one that issued this edict.

In addition...

If you look at my history you will find me going up against many a raging Islamophobic poster. If find Islamophobic speech on par with antisemitic speech.

I am not anti Muslim. I am anti terrorist.

And Hamas, by their own admission, admits to intentionally targeting civilians. They don't hide the fact. They openly admit it.

And Hamas, by their own admission, admits to intentionally targeting civilians. They don't hide the fact. They openly admit it.
So does idf. Or are they denying driving people out their homes? It can't be denied so they are openly targeting civilians.

My opinion of the terrorist group Hamas does not change the fact HAMAS is the one that issued this edict.
So you acknowledge it is a basic rule in Islam that women can't travel alone and act all outraged about it even though you actually don't care about the Palestinians at all.

Really not sure how anyone who cares about the plight of the ordinary people there and is a genuine supporter of the Palestinians right to self determination, could actually defend this a
Your dislike of God's commands is noted. Not surprising since the Jews have a long history of disobeying God.

You say in order to support the Palestinians one should object to this, and yet you oppose Palestinians having human rights and object to the ruling. You sound just like Israeli propaganda; incomprehensible with the sole intention of deception.

Your dislike of God's commands is noted. Not surprising since the Jews have a long history of disobeying God.

You say in order to support the Palestinians one should object to this, and yet you oppose Palestinians having human rights and object to the ruling. You sound just like Israeli propaganda; incomprehensible with the sole intention of deception.
Your assumptions of what the poster you respond to opposes or supports, constitute a load of bovine manure.

The article I previously quoted about some 90% of people identifying as so called sunni Muslims.. They follow four schools of thought and all those four schools of thought agree that women cannot travel alone.
Reality in large numbers of Muslim countries sings a different tune.

Now list those countries in which women are prohibited from travelling on their own or be silent.

I "supplied" evidence for my statement. You can't do the same so it is to be expected you would ignore it.
I don't always ignore BS, often I call it out for what it is.

So you acknowledge it is a basic rule in Islam that women can't travel alone and act all outraged about it even though you actually don't care about the Palestinians at all.

I acknowledge nothing of the sort. Try arguing about what I say and not what you want me to say.

Show us chapter and verse where Mohammad prohibited women from traveling.

I acknowledge nothing of the s
So you claim it is invented by hamas even though it is clear in the Islam doctrine?

I wonder why it would bother you. The Jewish doctrine is much more restrictive to women than the Islamic doctrine.

Show us chapter and verse where Mohammad prohibited women from travel
They aren't prohibited from travelling. No one said they were. There are multiple hadiths that prove Allah prohibited women from travelling alone and from travelling without her husband's permission. I already quoted one so I don't know what is still under discussion.
Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.” The fuqaha’ are unanimously agreed that it is haraam for a woman to travel without a mahram, except in a few exceptional cases, such as travelling for the obligatory Hajj, for which some of them have permitted a women to travel with trustworthy companions. Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: al-Baghawi said: They did not differ concerning the fact that a woman may not travel for anything but the obligatory Hajj except with a husband or mahram, except a kaafir woman who becomes Muslim in daar al-harb or a female captive who escapes.
Going out of the house without the husband’s permission is a haraam action; (...) Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: Zayd ibn Thaabit said: The husband is the master (sayyid) according to the Book of Allaah, and he recited the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They both found her lord [sayyid] (i.e. her husband) at the door” [Yoosuf 12:25] ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab said: “Marriage is slavery, so be careful with regard to whom you give your daughter for enslavement.” In al-Tirmidhi and elsewhere it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to treat women well, for they are prisoners with you.”

They aren't prohibited from travelling. No one said they were. There are multiple hadiths that prove Allah prohibited women from travelling alone and from travelling without her husband's permission. I already quoted one so I don't know what is still under discussion.

Nothing from Mohammed?

So you claim it is invented by hamas even though it is clear in the Islam doctrine?

I wonder why it would bother you. The Jewish doctrine is much more restrictive to women than the Islamic doctrine.

I claim nothing of the sort.

My words:

Don't truncate my post and create another strawman...

Try arguing about what I say and not what you want me to say.

Show us chapter and verse where Mohammad prohibited women from traveling.

Sheikh so and so isn't Mohammed.

Back
Top Bottom