• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hacked baby monitor--yet another potential danger to worry over

Thank god for the Soviets doing the legwork on that one, right?

Really, how so? Many people thought right after WWII that we should take down Russia while it was weak.
And it was not a far fetched proposition.
And apparently you have yet to hear of the Greatest Generation.

Really, how so?

Are you familiar with the Eastern front?

Many people thought right after WWII that we should take down Russia while it was weak.

Then many people were idiots, because it would have failed.

:lol: I've read quite a bit about them. Overblown nationalistic narcissism, IMO.

Really, how so? Many people thought right after WWII that we should take down Russia while it was weak.
And it was not a far fetched proposition.

Not even the greatest generation could have stopped the soviet juggernaut that swept nazi Germany into the ash heap of history.

Are you familiar with the Eastern front?

Then many people were idiots, because it would have failed.

:lol: I've read quite a bit about them. Overblown nationalistic narcissism, IMO.
Wow, in all reality. Next time you see some old vet. You should get in your knees and thank him from the bottom of your heart.
I know that must be odd to you, but where ever you got your opinions from. They are wrong.
Men came back from the south Pacific and europe and did nothing but go to work and advance this nation.
Not like today where they come back from 6 months over seas with more problems then carter has pills.

Not even the greatest generation could have stopped the soviet juggernaut that swept nazi Germany into the ash heap of history.

What? Are you insane? They barely held on at Stalingrad. What won anything for them was the winter that the Germans were unprepared for.
US forces LET, yea LET Soviet forces into Berlin ahead of our campaign to exact revenge.
Man, you guys really need some history lessons.

Wow, in all reality. Next time you see some old vet. You should get in your knees and thank him from the bottom of your heart.

Why? Dude never did anything for me and my family.

I know that must be odd to you, but where ever you got your opinions from. They are wrong.

:lol: Translation: "I don't have an intelligent rebuttal, but you're wrong any way, nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo."

Men came back from the south Pacific and europe and did nothing but go to work and advance this nation.

Some did, some didn't. :shrug:

Not like today where they come back from 6 months over seas with more problems then carter has pills.

The great glorious olden days that never actually existed should have never stopped not existing, damn it!

Why? Dude never did anything for me and my family.

:lol: Translation: "I don't have an intelligent rebuttal, but you're wrong any way, nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doo doo."

Some did, some didn't. :shrug:

The great glorious olden days that never actually existed should have never stopped not existing, damn it!
Never did anything for you. Really?

What? Are you insane? They barely held on at Stalingrad. What won anything for them was the winter that the Germans were unprepared for.
US forces LET, yea LET Soviet forces into Berlin ahead of our campaign to exact revenge.
Man, you guys really need some history lessons.

We let them into Berlin because Berlin was inside the terrority that would become east Germany after the war.

Besides how could we have overcome the red army's advantage in numbers? In the Berlin campaign they had around 169 divisions numbering 2,500,000 men.

But we didnt have internet based baby monitors that could be hacked into.
We kept our children close at night.

What you're implying here is that parents now don't and because they have monitors. I don't see monitors as being a substitute for hands-on parenting, merely a tool and an extra measure of security if the baby's asleep upstairs while you're in the kitchen downstairs.

BTW, I understand "thread drift," but I'd really appreciate returning this thread to its topic, which is not Stalin or the Cold War. TIA.

We let them into Berlin because Berlin was inside the terrority that would become east Germany after the war.

Besides how could we have overcome the red army's advantage in numbers? In the Berlin campaign they had around 169 divisions numbering 2,500,000 men.
You need to read about the Yalta Conference.
It was not as simple as you are thinking.
Allied forces allowed it, mistakenly, to let the Soviets exact the type of revenge they would. Even german soldiers would fight their way out of Berlin just to surrender to US and Brit forces.

You need to read about the Yalta Conference.
It was not as simple as you are thinking.
Allied forces allowed it, mistakenly, to let the Soviets exact the type of revenge they would. Even german soldiers would fight their way out of Berlin just to surrender to US and Brit forces.

You think Russia was going to show any mercy to Germany after what the Germans did in their invasion?

We could not have beaten the soviets in a race to Berlin because we did not consider the lives of our troops as expendable. The Russians on the other hand had vast reserves manpower to send into battle.

Then you should be thankful that this place wasnt "all ****ed up".

Ireland isn't all that bad. If the US was all ****ed up, Ireland would have looked a whole lot better :shrug:

Thanks to millions of men that gave great sacrifice.

I am thankful, to the millions of Russians who sacrificed their lives in WWII.

And if you dont feel that way, you are welcome to leave.

Why would I leave? I like it here fine. I contribute to society and earn my keep. It's not like I'm some douchebag who is trying to take credit for other people's sacrifices as though I did something, saying stupid **** like, "If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German right now!"

I'm also not the kind of idiot who will lament how horrible the country is these days in one post and then tell people that if they don't like it they should leave moments later. :lol:

Ireland isn't all that bad. If the US was all ****ed up, Ireland would have looked a whole lot better :shrug:

I am thankful, to the millions of Russians who sacrificed their lives in WWII.

Why would I leave? I like it here fine. I contribute to society and earn my keep. It's not like I'm some douchebag who is trying to take credit for other people's sacrifices as though I did something, saying stupid **** like, "If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German right now!"

I'm also not the kind of idiot who will lament how horrible the country is these days in one post and then tell people that if they don't like it they should leave moments later. :lol:
Sorry if I can think of more than on thing or issue at a time. Try to keep up.
The last few generations have done nothing but weaken this nation.
Go to war when we dont have to.
Dont go when we need to.
Let our "allies" break it off in our asses every chance they get then cut them a check for like a billion dollars.
But the men of this nation that went to fight the army that was going to take Ireland came in and stopped it. You mock them.
You say you are not a douchebag, but I beg to differ on that. You seem to have quite the animosity towards our old vets.

Sorry if I can think of more than on thing or issue at a time. Try to keep up.
The last few generations have done nothing but weaken this nation.

If you don't like it, you're free to leave. :shrug:

But the men of this nation that went to fight the army that was going to take Ireland came in and stopped it.

Who the **** stopped the English from taking Ireland? Ain't nobody else ever tried to take it (well, the vikings did in the year 1000 or so but that predates the US). I know you aren't talking about Germany, because they never did that.

You mock them.

Correction: I'm mocking you for not knowing anything about WWII yet sitting here trying to take credit for what happened in it.

You say you are not a douchebag, but I beg to differ on that. You seem to have quite the animosity towards our old vets.

I have no animosity at all. Where'd you get that silly idea from?

:prof Not placing people on a pedestal or failing to pretend they did more than they did =/= having animosity for them.

If you don't like it, you're free to leave. :shrug:

Who the **** stopped the English from taking Ireland? Ain't nobody else ever tried to take it (well, the vikings did in the year 1000 or so but that predates the US). I know you aren't talking about Germany, because they never did that.

Correction: I'm mocking you for not knowing anything about WWII yet sitting here trying to take credit for what happened in it.

I have no animosity at all. Where'd you get that silly idea from?

:prof Not placing people on a pedestal or failing to pretend they did more than they did =/= having animosity for them.
Personally havent taken credit for anything.
But if you have decided to ignore history, cant help you.
But based on your tone, you definatly have some animosity.

You think Russia was going to show any mercy to Germany after what the Germans did in their invasion?

We could not have beaten the soviets in a race to Berlin because we did not consider the lives of our troops as expendable. The Russians on the other hand had vast reserves manpower to send into battle.
Yes, they "raced" in to mop up a defeated army.
We let them as well, like I said. To exact the revenge that we would not have.

Personally havent taken credit for anything.
But if you have decided to ignore history, cant help you.
But based on your tone, you definatly have some animosity.

In case you don't know, The ireland government declared neutrality during world war 2.

Yes, they "raced" in to mop up a defeated army.
We let them as well, like I said. To exact the revenge that we would not have.

And which allied nation foughtthe vast majority of Germany's armies during the war? The Russians.

The Germans had more troops on the eastern front then they had on the western front. The German army bled itself white trying to hold off Russia's offenses.

And which allied nation foughtthe vast majority of Germany's armies during the war? The Russians.

The Germans had more troops on the eastern front then they had on the western front. The German army bled itself white trying to hold off Russia's offenses.

Hell, I'm pretty sure the Germans LOST more troops on the Eastern front that they actually had on the Western front.

Back
Top Bottom