• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hacked baby monitor--yet another potential danger to worry over

Yes, they "raced" in to mop up a defeated army.
We let them as well, like I said. To exact the revenge that we would not have.

The eastern front had turned around before the invasion of Normandy. Kursk....the surrender of the German 6th Army and counterattacks by the Red Army had already started pushing the Germans back to the border.

Without my parents generation, you would be speaking german or japanese.

If it weren't for the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen of this current "weak dependant" generation you'd be praying to Allah.

You need to learn what being a grown up is all about.
By growing up.

I did my growing up shivering my ass off in a foxhole on the Fulda Gap during the Cold War.

As a member of another "weak dependant" generation, by your figuring I'm sure.

Yes, they "raced" in to mop up a defeated army.
We let them as well, like I said. To exact the revenge that we would not have.

You need to hook up with apdst.

You two can tell each other these outrageous 'Merica Hell Yeah!!!! alternate histories of WWII and pat each other on the back over how the U.S. rescued the Soviets in Stalingrad or whatever.

You need to hook up with apdst.

You two can tell each other these outrageous 'Merica Hell Yeah!!!! alternate histories of WWII and pat each other on the back over how the U.S. rescued the Soviets in Stalingrad or whatever.

Never said anything of the sort.

Never said anything of the sort.

You know the things you've been saying about WWII in this thread?

Yeah, they're "that sort".

Thanks, all, for hijacking this thread.

You know the things you've been saying about WWII in this thread?

Yeah, they're "that sort".
Quote me on saying we saved the soviets at Stalingrad, which post. Or are you just going to lie?

Aside from the privacy intrusions, I wouldn't want a wi-fi signal near my baby.

How dependent on the internet are they that they can't just use a standard radio transmitter?

Aside from the privacy intrusions, I wouldn't want a wi-fi signal near my baby.

How dependent on the internet are they that they can't just use a standard radio transmitter?
Probably find out it gives them cancer in 15 years.

What happend to putting the crib next to the bed?

What happened to not judging parents? The fact that they used a monitor indicates they care about their child, IMO. And a crib next to the bed doesn't help during the day when you're down in the kitchen.

What happened to not judging parents? The fact that they used a monitor indicates they care about their child, IMO. And a crib next to the bed doesn't help during the day when you're down in the kitchen.
Oh my, how did us old people make it? My mom did nt have a internet baby monitor in 1963 or did her mom in 1923.
How did we make it?

Oh my, how did us old people make it? My mom did nt have a internet baby monitor in 1963 or did her mom in 1923.
How did we make it?

Okay, so you want to go there? Your mother and grandmother likely used the technology that was available to them at the time. Since cribs weren't around 10,000 years ago, I suppose they should have forgone that, since those people did without. Your grandmother did without a refrigerator, but your mother didn't.

Okay, so you want to go there? Your mother and grandmother likely used the technology that was available to them at the time. Since cribs weren't around 10,000 years ago, I suppose they should have forgone that, since those people did without. Your grandmother did without a refrigerator, but your mother didn't.
And my grand mothers lived to well in their 80s. Raised many children, one with a life long disability and never took one penny of gubmint aid to help with.

And my grand mothers lived to well in their 80s. Raised many children, one with a life long disability and never took one penny of gubmint aid to help with.

The ownership of a baby monitor requires gubmint aid?

The ownership of a baby monitor requires gubmint aid?
No, just pointing out that people did with a lot less at one point.
Curious though, what is someone to gain from a baby monitor that hacking in is worth?

No kidding? I thought the Internet existed since Da Vinci. :lol:

Curious though, what is someone to gain from a baby monitor that hacking in is worth?

Please name the magic date in history where we should have stopped all technological advancement.

Please name the magic date in history where we should have stopped all technological advancement.
Jan 1 1950. LOL
No, what you dont understand is this is just another hi tech do dad that is not needed to raise a child. If people are hacking in, throw it out. If it bothers you.
But I asked a question, what can be gained from hacking in?

Jan 1 1950. LOL
No, what you dont understand is this is just another hi tech do dad that is not needed to raise a child. If people are hacking in, throw it out. If it bothers you.

I agree with you in the sense that it isn't necessary, but at the same time it doesn't hurt anything either, so I fail to see the criticisms.

As far as the last question, I don't get it, either.

Jan 1 1950. LOL

In this case, whoever it was was whispering lewd stuff to a 2-year old and was, from what I've read, probably no further than 500 feet away. So at the least, this was a peeping perv.

Back
Top Bottom