• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guests Voting on Polls on DP

What do you think should be done about polling on DP?

• Allow anyone to vote (even if they can vote more than once)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jucon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I don't know about you, but I'm a bit nervous seeing how many guests vote on some polls. I'm not sure what system DP uses right now, but I don't think it would be fair for people to be able to vote multiple times in individual polls.

I mean I don't care THAT much. I know the poll results aren't always exactly valid when trying to compare them to the sum of opinions in America and around the world, but if someone can vote on something more than once it can skew the results.

What do you think should be done about polling on DP, if anything?

I'd say one vote per IP address or computer, but generally I don't care.

Other: Don't give any credence to the results of unscientific online polls.

I wish there was an option to only let registered members vote that was able to be toggled during the poll setup (like multiple voting or viewing who voted for what)

I say only members to encourage more people to join.

Other: Don't give any credence to the results of unscientific online polls.

This! Poll results here really don't mean much except for casual curiosity.

I wish there was an option to only let registered members vote that was able to be toggled during the poll setup (like multiple voting or viewing who voted for what)

If the person making the poll select the option to have poll results public(I forget actual wording), you can see who voted for each option and count names to find out how members voted. In fact, this poll is set up that way.

Well you can see what people voted for if the creator of the poll selected that option. After you voted, if you can click on the number next to the poll results you can see who voted for what. To my understanding, if 5 people voted for an option but only 2 names show up, that means 3 guests voted for the same option.

Well you can see what people voted for if the creator of the poll selected that option. After you voted, if you can click on the number next to the poll results you can see who voted for what. To my understanding, if 5 people voted for an option but only 2 names show up, that means 3 guests voted for the same option.

Yeah, that works fairly well, but I never found it to be a good solution once a lot of people start voting and also, for a sensitive vote, it would leave no audit trail.

This! Poll results here really don't mean much except for casual curiosity.

If the person making the poll select the option to have poll results public(I forget actual wording), you can see who voted for each option and count names to find out how members voted. In fact, this poll is set up that way.

I think megaprogman was being sarcastic.

I don't really care what they do one way or the other, but this is a fairly good idea.

What does it matter, does the result of a politically charged poll, alter your own opinion?
Yes i suppose it can be mildly amusing to note if folk agree with the proposal, but I doubt very much that a vote by other folk will persuade you.
My opinion can be changed by reasoned discussion, I could not give a rats ar*e what other people vote for.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom