• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP already going after Biden's Supreme Court pick...

falsely saying she was soft on sex offenders to begin with....and for providing protection for people in detention at Guantanamo.....

I don't understand....isn't that a good thing according to Republicans?

I think the term is "zealously advocate"

She's good at her job. Why is that a mark against her?

Don't get me wrong... I relish the fact that the GOP intends to attack her on that front. It's just going to make them look stupid. Like getting rid of Ambassador Yovanovitch because she was good at her's. Or Liz Cheney, for that matter....

Come to think of it... what exactly is the GOP's problem with competent women who are good at their jobs?

A few really stupid Republicans are making a BIG mistake.

They know that the lady will be confirmed.

Nobody and no one can stop it.

So those Republican Senators who don't like her should either vote "NO" or abstain from voting or absent themselves that day.

They should wake up & smell the coffee. This is 2022.

This appointment is being hailed as one of the greatest developments in the history of this nation, just as the new law outlawing discrimination against certain hair styles is.
By whom? I like how you tried to jam a grievance-adjacent non-sequitir into your "argument."

A few really stupid Republicans are making a BIG mistake.

They know that the lady will be confirmed.

Nobody and no one can stop it.

So those Republican Senators who don't like her should either vote "NO" or abstain from voting or absent themselves that day.

They should wake up & smell the coffee. This is 2022.

This appointment is being hailed as one of the greatest developments in the history of this nation, just as the new law outlawing discrimination against certain hair styles is.
Manchin can stop it.

After the Garland fiasco, no one cares what Republicans think or want regarding Supreme Court Justices. They showed that the only game they are interested in playing is "I win and you lose" and they will not let anyone stop them. Screw them.

You should wake up and smell the coffee. This is 2022. Everyone knows how the GOP plays ball in the Senate, and no one has any illusions about how dirty they are willing to get in order to further pack the Court. And we all know that you'll be right there abetting them.
Speaking of Garland...

If Democrats feel a grave injustice was bestowed upon him by the Republicans, why are they not clamouring to nominate him now so this grave injustice can be rectified?

Why would he? Would you if you were in the Senate?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Manchin started preaching his "bipartisan" bullshit and did block it, if he were the deciding vote.

But Manchin won't be the deciding vote. A handful of Republicans will vote in favor of her confirmation, such as Murkowski, Collins, and Romney.

Speaking of Garland...

If Democrats feel a grave injustice was bestowed upon him by the Republicans, why are they not clamouring to nominate him now so this grave injustice can be rectified?

Because he is currently Attorney General. Or are you not aware of that?

Why would he? Would you if you were in the Senate?
I don't know how he feels about her but if I were the top he is the senator I would be trying to convince to site no because he is the guy who could stop her confirmation.

Yea, they should not question her about what she has ruled on in the past or her experience. Instead, they should find out what she did in high school.
Did she ever drink a beer?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Manchin started preaching his "bipartisan" bullshit and did block it, if he were the deciding vote.

But Manchin won't be the deciding vote. A handful of Republicans will vote in favor of her confirmation, such as Murkowski, Collins, and Romney.

Manchin voted for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh... but he voted against Barrett.

I would have voted for Gorsuch and Barrett... but against Kavanaugh.

So I don't know what to read from that.... but I don't see any reason to vote against Jackson.

Overall, I think they will go soft on her. Nothing like what the libs did to Kavanaugh.

Manchin voted for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh... but he voted against Barrett.

I would have voted for Gorsuch and Barrett... but against Kavanaugh.

So I don't know what to read from that.... but I don't see any reason to vote against Jackson.

Yes, but those were different circumstances....Manchin was not the deciding vote in a 50-50 Senate. He would absolutely love the attention of ruining the Democrats' plans if he were the deciding vote.

Everything that Manchin does is about Manchin.

Why do you want to stop her confirmation?
I never said I did. Now that the filibuster has been removed I have accepted that the bench will be filled by very partisan picks from now on. The Democrats won and they get to confirm whoever they all agree on.

Overall, I think they will go soft on her. Nothing like what the libs did to Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh deserved it. He's a lying SOB. And I'm not just talking about the Ford allegations.

He lied to Senators Leahy and Durbin during his Appellate Court confirmation hearings about his activities in the Bush White House with regard to the detainee program.

Well, McConnell and your fascist Republican Party did steal a Supreme Court seat, after all.

The Democrats had a legitimate reason not to be happy about that.

Yes, but those were different circumstances....Manchin was not the deciding vote in a 50-50 Senate. He would absolutely love the attention of ruining the Democrats' plans if he were the deciding vote.

Everything that Manchin does is about Manchin.

I don't see it that way. Aside from Donnelly (D-IN) and Heitkamp (D-ND) also voting for Gorsuch, he was the only Democrat who voted for Kavanaugh. If I were in the Senate, I would have been the only Democrat who voted for Barrett. The way I figure it, that puts he and I at roughly the same place on the ideological spectrum... and the way I would approach these kinds of nominations is that the President deserves to nominate whomever he chooses to the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter what party the President comes from, his nominee deserves respect. I'm not going to vote against them unless I've got a good reason not to... and I'm pretty sure that's roughly in line with Manchin's point of view as well.

Back
Top Bottom