• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good guys with guns kill good guy, gunmen still at large.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/24/us...ing/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

What an absolute joke. How can anyone even question at this point why people are protesting the American police system. This is like the second incident in 10 days where the police have seen a black man and presumed guilt.

A police officer on duty at a mall responds to a shooting, sees an armed man running through the mall, and shoots him.

Then, it turns out that maybe the armed man running through the mall didn't actually fire the shots.

So, that makes the police officer the bad guy and the armed man running through the mall after a shooting the good guy.

Somehow, that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What, exactly, should the police officer on duty have done?

Proof that More Guns are not the Answer

Alabama mall gunman still at large after police say armed man killed by officer 'likely did not fire' shots

Whoops. Looks like the armed guard shot a "good guy with a gun."

An armed 21-year-old man killed by an officer at a mall in Alabama on Thanksgiving night "likely did not fire" the shots that wounded two people and sent terrified shoppers running for cover, police said Friday.

....late Friday, police changed that story, saying that while Bradford was involved in "some aspect of the altercation" and was armed with a handgun, he likely did not fire the rounds that injured the two others.

"We regret that our initial media release was not totally accurate, but new evidence indicates that it was not," Rector said.

More guns are not the answer. They are the problem.

Re: Proof that More Guns are not the Answer

Alabama mall gunman still at large after police say armed man killed by officer 'likely did not fire' shots

We already have this so-called "good guy with a gun" thread.

Seems all three of the people involved...the kid who got shot, the guy who got killed and the shooter still out there...were nowhere near being "good guys with guns".

The only good guy with a gun in this story is the security officer.

One, what makes you think that the gunman shot by a policeman was a good guy?

"An armed Hoover police officer who was working security at the mall then confronted an armed man running away from the scene and fatally shot him, authorities said."

One, what makes you think that the gunman shot by a policeman was a good guy?

"An armed Hoover police officer who was working security at the mall then confronted an armed man running away from the scene and fatally shot him, authorities said."

So, you approve of cops shooting running innocent men just because they are armed. Hmmm, that's not very consistent with the ten thousand other posts you've thrown down in this sub forum. :lol:

Oh, I get it. It's the black armed man running that has you flipping sides.

I guess people with mental issues aren’t the answer but, when are we going to recognize them? See what I don’t really understand is we can talk about all the gun control we want but, at the end of the day. We should be prepared that it’ll happen again and again instead of blaming the Republicans or the nra because that’s how nothing gets a conversation going

I guess people with mental issues aren’t the answer but, when are we going to recognize them? See what I don’t really understand is we can talk about all the gun control we want but, at the end of the day. We should be prepared that it’ll happen again and again instead of blaming the Republicans or the nra because that’s how nothing gets a conversation going

Because several hundred millions guns, with more and more people carrying them, could never be the problem. :roll:

So, you approve of cops shooting running innocent men just because they are armed. Hmmm, that's not very consistent with the ten thousand other posts you've thrown down in this sub forum. :lol:
There's been nothing to show that the person shot was a "good guy", only that he wasn't the missing "bad guy".

Oh, I get it. It's the black armed man running that has you flipping sides.

Nice play of the race card. It may be an issue for the cop that he shot a black guy with a gun; all we know is that the 21 year old serviceman had a gun and was involved in an altercation. Making assumptions of guilt or innocence at this time with the knowledge we have would be premature.

You may find this interesting reading:

https://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

You know it’s funny how everyone can play the human error card but, when you are a law enforcement you are the bad guy, a racist cop, a scumbag, and etc. you know what? When are you going to put yourself in that situation? I bet most of you guys would make the same choice and some would second guess yourself.

Because several hundred millions guns, with more and more people carrying them, could never be the problem. :roll:

If that's the problem, there's only one solution, and it's going to take 38 states to agree with you, and lots more cops to enforce the confiscation.

There's been nothing to show that the person shot was a "good guy", only that he wasn't the missing "bad guy".

Nice play of the race card. It may be an issue for the cop that he shot a black guy with a gun; all we know is that the 21 year old serviceman had a gun and was involved in an altercation. Making assumptions of guilt or innocence at this time with the knowledge we have would be premature.

You may find this interesting reading:

https://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

If he wasn't the bad guy, then of course he was a good guy. But, of course, since he was black, you probably want to see some more evidence to support that. amirite?

You know it’s funny how everyone can play the human error card but, when you are a law enforcement you are the bad guy, a racist cop, a scumbag, and etc. you know what? When are you going to put yourself in that situation? I bet most of you guys would make the same choice and some would second guess yourself.

This is the second time in as many weeks that a cop shot the wrong guy---and, of course, both times the wrong guy was black.

And. I will point something else out! I don’t really care if he wants African American or whatever! What does that makes ?

And. I will point something else out! I don’t really care if he wants African American or whatever! What does that makes ?

Is that post an example of being so mad that someone can't even write straight?

And, people wonder why we want fewer people to have guns. Half the people in this country cannot control their rage.

If he wasn't the bad guy, then of course he was a good guy. But, of course, since he was black, you probably want to see some more evidence to support that. amirite?

The evidence will likely be forthcoming, and it doesn't depend upon his race. He doesn't have to have been the bad guy to have committed a crime. According to their website, the Riverchase Galleria is private property and has declared the site to be gun free. Given that, a policeman on site could reasonable expect to assume that anyone in possession of a firearm is committing a crime, especially when there has been a shooting, the person was brandishing a pistol and was fleeing the scene.

Did you read the propublica piece on police shootings?

Calamity wants to link pro-2A posters with racism.

He wasn’t the shooter, but he was involved in the altercation and fled the scene while brandishing a handgun. That does not point towards “good guy.”

As for race: right after a shooting and seeing a fleeing man holding a gun, that, how do you think the cop would have acted if the suspect was White or Asian?

He wasn’t the shooter, but he was involved in the altercation and fled the scene while brandishing a handgun. That does not point towards “good guy.”

As for race: right after a shooting and seeing a fleeing man holding a gun, that, how do you think the cop would have acted if the suspect was White or Asian?

White guy would be taken to Burger King, of course.

Charleston shooting suspect’s Burger King meal gets national attention

Moderator's Warning:
Merged duplicate threads.

The thread title was ironic...i also called the police good guys.

Anything to distract you guys from the fact your police forces are bumbling morons with a quick trigger around black people.

Not really “bumbling morons” since they got one of the perpetrators

Not really “bumbling morons” since they got one of the perpetrators

Are you serious? 😂

They shot a guy running away believing he had fired the shots only to find out a day later that the actual shooter is still at large. Like I said bumbling morons who clearly need to be better trained at how and when to use deadly force. ( hint it’s not when a guy is running away from you)

So, you're a cop. You respond to shots fired in a crowded mall and a gunshot victim. You see an armed man running through the mall, and confront him. Next you:

A. Check to see if he's black or white.
B. Ask him to pretty please put down the gun.
C. make certain he's the one who did the shooting.
D. Shoot his ass and ask questions later.

Choose quickly, as he's as likely to shoot you or someone else as he is to do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom