• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good guys with guns kill good guy, gunmen still at large.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/24/us...ing/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

What an absolute joke. How can anyone even question at this point why people are protesting the American police system. This is like the second incident in 10 days where the police have seen a black man and presumed guilt.

I can come up with two reasons off the top of my head that the saying "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" is absurd.

First, "good guys" and "bad guys" are social construct. What is a "good guy"? How do you define a good guy? Someone who follows the law 100% of the time? Not many of us qualify for that. "Goodness" and "badness" are social constructs that humans created to try to make sense out of the messiness known as human behavior.

Second, "only" implies 100% of the time. There have been plenty of examples of people stopping shooters or would-be shooters with something other than a gun. (Google is your friend if you want examples.)

I've already posted a few examples in the thread. Not planning on repeating myself. If you are claiming there are no reasonable and/or possible other observations, that's up to you.

No you have not. You have said that you would just assume he was no immediate danger.

No you have not. You have said that you would just assume he was no immediate danger.

LOL you went thru the entire thread and didnt see it?

Oh well.

Well, at least thank you for confirming you had zero interest in an actual discussion.

I posted answers, was away for a week, and am not interested in repeating myself, esp. when I dont remember the details of the previous conversation.

Feel free to go find something I wrote that you wish to discuss...quoted so I can see the context.

Back
Top Bottom