• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

And Jesus explains exactly the meaning of his words in the previous verses...they are unified in protecting their sheep and leading them to everlasting life...

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/b/r1/lp-e/nwtsty/43/10#s=30&study=discover

Ezekiel 34
31 You are my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, and
I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”

Genesis 49
23 With bitterness archers attacked him;
they shot at him with hostility.
24 But his bow remained steady,
his strong arms stayed[l] limber,
because of the hand of the
Mighty One of Jacob,

because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,
25 because of your father’s God, who helps you,
because of the Almighty,[m] who blesses you
with blessings of the skies above,
blessings of the deep springs below,
blessings of the breast and womb.

Psalm 95

6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.

Today, if only you would hear his voice,

Compare with John 10

2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and
his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

In John 10, Jesus says, "I," "Me," and "My."

3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Why is He taking all the credit?

John 10
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.
30 I and the Father are one.”

He gives eternal life. Only God gives life.

No one will snatch them out of Jesus' hand...................
..................................... because, no one can snatch them out of the
FATHER'S hand!

Hence:

John 10

30 I and the Father are one.”

Jesus is God Himself.

Jehovah's Witnesses can't see it, because.................just like the Pharisees in line 6.............
..............................Jehovah's Witnesses does not understand what He's telling them!

Last edited:
Elora's in a givng mood again! :ROFLMAO:

Here you go, folks!
The Resurrection of Jesus had involved................................. THE TRINITY!

Galatians 1
1 Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—

1 Peter 3
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh
but made alive in the spirit,

Romans 8
11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 1
4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

John 10
17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.

Colossians 2

2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to
the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

Way back, I gave this verse as an evidence that souls do not die with our physical bodies.

Luke 23
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

However, the other poster gave this question as a rebuttal:

Jesus went to hell after He died, so how can the thief be with Him in paradise on that day?

The question actually becomes an evidence that Jesus and God are One and the Same.
God is Omnipresent. God is present everywhere.

If Jesus is not God, He wouldn't be able to give that commitment to the thief.
After all, Jesus had said He'll be in each and everyone of us who believes in Him................................. and be with each and every one of us always.
How can He be in each and everyone of us, and be with all of us?
How can that be if He isn't God?

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Exodus 33:14
And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Last edited:
If Jesus is God, why did He pray?

We have to understand why Jesus became man, as the Son of God.
We know that He came to save mankind. To suffer and die for our sins. To redeem us.

He also came to teach us, to explain more to us what is required from us.
Because through Him, we are children of God.
Being children, we have to honor and love our Father - the same way that He does.

He taught about loving God, and being obedient to God.
He showed us through example how being Son of God, as a man, had learned obedience and bows down to His Father's will.

Hebrews 5
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

John 6
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

He showed us through example, how in His humanity, He relied on God for power......................

John 11
41 So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me.

42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.”
43 When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out.”

.....and, wisdom.

Mark 1
35 And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.
36 And Simon and those who were with him searched for him,
37 and they found him and said to him, “Everyone is looking for you.”

38 And he said to them, “Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also, for that is why I came out.”

He even taught us how to pray.

Jesus Christ was no less God on earth when praying to His Father in heaven.
He was depicting how even in sinless humanity it is necessary to have a vital prayer life in order to do His Father’s will. Jesus’ praying to the Father was a demonstration of His relationship within the Trinity
and an example for us that we must rely on God through prayer for the strength and wisdom we need.

We have to remember that we cannot fit God/Jesus within the very limited understanding of our human mind. Didn't God explain that?
Didn't He say, His ways and thoughts are not the same as ours?
Instead, we have to have faith..................................... and acknowledge and accept what we cannot fully understand:

Colossians 2
2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Isaiah 55
11 so is
my word that goes out from
my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and
achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

John1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

RECAP: the following have been given as evidence to show Jesus is God Himself, and the truth of the Triune God:

OP: Rev 21:3 (The title, Alpha and Omega; God and the Lamb)

Post #2 - Isaiah 45 compare with Luke 2:11, Romans 10:9, 1 Cor 8:6

Post #3 – compare Isaiah 45 with John 5:39

Post #4 – Isaiah 44:6 compare with Rev 1: 17-18, Rev 2:8

Post #5 – Isaiah 9:6

Post #6 - Isaiah 44:24 compare with John 1:3, Colossians 1:15-16

Post #7 - Colossians 1:15, John 4:24 (The invisible God becomes visible thru Jesus Christ)

Post #8 - John 1:1-3

Post #9 - John 8 tied to Isaiah 42:8

Post #10 - John 10 – how Jews understood who Jesus claimed Himself to be.

Post #11 – John 14:9 tightly tied with Colossians 1:15

Post #12 – 1 Timothy 3 :16, Philippians 2: 5-7, and Titus 2 13-14 (also tied to Post #11)

Post #13 – Hebrews 1:8-9

Post #14 - Genesis 17:17 compare with Rev 1:7-8

Post #15 - Isaiah 33:22 compare with John 14, Rev 22:12-13, James 4:12, Isaiah 40:10

Post #16 – Concept of The TRIUNE GOD (Trinity) first introduced on the very first statement in the Bible.

Post #17 – Genesis 1:1 compare with John 1:1-2

Post #18 – Why “The Word?”

Post #19 - The Spirit in Genesis 1

Post #20 – again.......Why “The Word?”

Post #21 - God is the only One who can forgive, and yet..... Mark 2:2-8, Luke 7:41-49

Post #22 - Jesus forgives as GOD HIMSELF! Mark 2:5

Post #24 - Another evidence for the TRIUNE God. Genesis 3:22

Post #25 - Genesis 11:6-7

Post #26 - Doubting Thomas recognizes God, John 20:24-29

Post #31 - CHRISTOPHANY, pre-incarnate Christ in the Old Testament, Exodus 3:1-6

Post #32 – Christophany in Judges 13

Post #34 - “I AM.” The “I Am” of Jesus Christianity compare Exodus 3:13-14 with John 8:58

Post #38 - IF God is a loving God......

Post #45 - An absolute Monotheistic statement by Jesus John 2:18-19. Also Deuteronomy 32:39

Post #46 – Jesus reverses the curse that God said no one can!

Post #48 – A rebuttal: IF Jesus is not God.....

Post#58 - Mark 2 revisited

Post #59 - God/Jesus, Redeemer and Saviour

Post #60 - The ultimate Authority Matthew 28:18

Post #62 – The Lord of the Sabbath

Post #63 – Jesus is referred to as God, Titus 2:11-14

Post #64 - Jesus is no angel! He is declared GOD! Hebrews 1:6-12, Hebrews 13:8-9

Post #65 - The Triune God, 1 Peter 1:2

Post #66 - The Triune God, Romans 8: 9-11 ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #67 - 1 Cor 2

Post #68 – John 10 gives a deep explanation

Post #69 - IF God is a living God (again).......a clearer picture.

Post #70 - Invitation to the Thirsty – compare Isaiah 55 with John 4.

Post #72 - The New Testament – we can't have it both ways!

Post #73 - John 1: 18 (Triune God)

Post #74 - The Groom and His bride

Post #78 - One True Shepherd – monotheistic statements by God (Brett McBride video)

Post #79 – Genesis 1 revisited: explanation/comparison with John 1

Post #80 – Human Sacrifice

Post #81 - The Voice of God (credit to Spartan)

Post #82 - First 3 sentences of Romans 8 about Jesus and the Spirit as One. (credit to Aimiel)

Post #86 - Matt: 28:19 (credit to it's just me)

Post #104 - Job 19:25
(credit to Logicman)

Post #108 – Philippians 2

Post #109 - Acts 20 – The Trinity

Post #111 – If Jesus is not God....

Post #113 – Immanuel – supported by John 1, Luke 1, and Matthew 1.

Post #114 - Isaiah 40:3 (credit to Jerry Shugart)

Post #115 – Facsimile! Hebrews 1:3 ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #119 - Still on facsimile.

Post #120 – On the matter of the Thief crucified with Jesus. ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #126 – John 14 – The TRINITY! ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #127 – Matthew 12 - spoken as God!

Post #128 - Collosians 2 – stating it plainly!

Post #129 - A line from Isaiah 45 nags at me!

Post #131 – Colossians 1 – another explanation!

Post #132 - Christophany! Hagar rocognizes God in the pre-incarnate Christ!

Post #133 – Precedence: God appears as a man – Genesis 18, Genesis 32

Post #135 - Going back to Hagar, in comparison with Thomas

Post #138 – Rebuttal: can't be mere expressions

Post #142 – Rebuttal

Post $145 – Rebuttal

RECAP Continuation

Post #147, #148 – John 1, Romans 8 (Triune God), Matthew 10: Evidence and explanation why Jesus, God and the Spirit are so intertwined

Post #155 – An example why Jesus has got to be God: Elvira falls into the trap

Post #156 – The Power to Rebuke the devil

Post #157 – Titus 2 (God's appearance, Saviour and Redeemer)

Post #159 - In their language and lingo of the time – Jews understood that Jesus was claiming to be God Himself! That's the blasphemy!

Post #160 – Comparison between Deuteronomy 32 with John 10

Post #163 - Why Jesus Has Got To Be God (Thanks to Elvira)

Post #165 - Why Jesus is Perfect.

Post #166 - Taking the thief to paradise - supporting the Triune God (thanks to Elvira)

Post #171 - John 6 shows the Triune God (thanks to Elvira)

#184 - Video

#185 – Raising the dead.

#186, #187, #188, #189 - Jesus takes credit and God's glory (thanks to Elvira)

#190 Rev 5. The Lamb is worshipped. (thanks to Elvira)

#191 Jesus is God/Holy Spirit (thanks to Overitall)

#208, #209 Jesus is God (thanks to Overitall)

#210 – The Holy Spirit is God (thanks to Overitall)

#238 and 239 - One Flesh

#247 - The Husband, The Groom

#251 - Rebuttal and verse comparisons

#252 - The Resurrection of Christ involves the TRINITY!

#253 - Acknowledge the Mystery

#254 - The thief and the Omnipresence of Jesus Christ

#255 - If Jesus is God, why did He pray?

Revelations 22
8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

Matthew 14
32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
33 Then they that were in the ship came
and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

There was no word of reproof from Jesus when His disciples worshipped Him.
Because, He is God.

I saw this huge billboard from a JW apologist, post #251. All it lacks are flashing lights.

Well, the inescapable fact that Jesus is God are listed on this thread. How many are they?
But if she thinks those that she posted are "inescapable," or can't be refuted - she's got another think coming.

Let's start with the first one: JESUS IS ...."THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION." (Col 1:15)
To say that proves Jesus is not God, conflicts with the rest of the Bible.

Furthermore, she forgot to add the following line:

Col 1
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For
by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

BY HIM all things were created.
All things were created BY HIM!

Furthermore, see how "BY HIM," is emphasized? It's written twice in one line!
He is the CREATOR!

Jesus is Lord of Creation
The description "firstborn of all creation" speaks of Christ’s preexistence. He is not a creature but the eternal Creator (John 1:10). God created the world through Christ and redeemed the world through Christ (Hebrews 1:2-4).

Note that Jesus is called the firstborn, not the first-created. The word "firstborn" (Greek word "prototokos") signifies priority. In the culture of the Ancient Near East, the firstborn was not necessarily the oldest child. firstborn referred not to birth order but to rank. The firstborn possessed the inheritance and leadership.

Therefore, the phrase expresses Christ’s sovereignty over creation. After resurrecting Jesus from the dead, God gave Him authority over the Earth (Matthew 28:18). Jesus created the world, saved the world, and rules the world. He is the self-existent, acknowledged Head of creation.

Finally, the phrase recognizes Him as the Messiah: "I will make Him [Christ] My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth" (Psalm 89:27).

Six times the Lord Jesus is declared to be the firstborn of God (see Romans 8:29; Colossians 1:15, 18; Hebrews 1:6; 12:23; Revelation 1:5). These passages declare the preexistence, the sovereignty, and the redemption that Christ offers.

Thus, the phrase "firstborn of all creation" proclaims Christ’s preeminence. As the eternal Son of God, He created the universe. He is the Ruler of creation!

Continuation.

2. "the beginning of the creation of God" (Rev 3:14)

Here is the complete line.

Rev 3:14
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Wasn't The Word present when creation began?
Wouldn't the Creator - GOD - be the most faithful and truthful witness of His creation?

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And, all things were created by Him, and for Him?

Col 1
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For
by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Continuation.

3. God's Only Begotten Son

Hebrews 11

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

We all know Isaac is not literally Abraham's only son. In fact, his eldest son is Ishmael!
Therefore, that shouldn't be read as the literal "begetting."

The single Greek word translated “only begotten” is monogenes. Ancient writers often used this adjective to describe a child’s unique relationship with their parent.
Moreover, the emphasis was on the specific relationship, not the physical begetting itself. In fact, monogenes is better understood to describe a relationship as “one-of-a-kind” or “unique.” This is exactly how the biblical writers would have understood the word.

The New American Standard Bible (NASB) has evolved from the American Standard Version (ASV) of 1901. The ASV, in turn, was the American version of the Revised Version (RV) of 1885, also called the English Revised Version (ERV). While preserving the literal accuracy of the ASV, the NASB sought to render grammar and terminology in contemporary English. Special attention was given to the rendering of verb tenses to give the English reader a rendering as close as possible to the sense of the original Greek and Hebrew texts. In 1995, the text of the NASB was updated for greater understanding and smoother reading. In an effort to ensure accuracy, recent research on the oldest and best Greek manuscripts of the New Testament was reviewed, and some passages were updated for even greater fidelity to the original manuscripts. The original NASB earned the reputation of being the most accurate English Bible translation. The New American Standard Bible update (1995) carried on the NASB tradition of being a true Bible translation, revealing what the original manuscripts actually say—not merely what the translator believes they mean.

New American Standard Bible - Translation Method
The New American Standard Bible is most known for its strict adherence to "formal equivalence" in its translation. The goal of the NASB is to be as literal "word-for-word" as possible.

Most Bible scholars hold the NASB to be the most literal of all the modern English Bible translations.

John1

The Word Made Flesh

14And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15John testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’”
16For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.
17For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
18No one has seen God at any time;
the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

I'm on Luke these days, and I came upon this.

Luke 17

Ten Lepers Cleansed

11 Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12 Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off.
13 And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”

14 So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16 and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

17 So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
18 Were there not any found
who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
19 And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”

Returned to Jesus, to glorify God.

The foreigner fell down on his face before Jesus, giving thanks and glorifying God.
Jesus (God) accepted the gesture, and acknowledged that He is GOD.

I'm on Luke these days, and I came upon this.

Luke 17

Ten Lepers Cleansed

11 Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12 Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off.
13 And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”

14 So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16 and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

17 So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
18 Were there not any found
who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
19 And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”

Returned to Jesus, to glorify God.

The foreigner fell down on his face before Jesus, giving thanks and glorifying God.
Jesus (God) accepted the gesture, and acknowledged that He is GOD.
And?

Deity of Jesus Christ in Scripture -

1. Jesus existed in the beginning (John 1:1; Philip 2:6; Rev. 19:13; Micah 5:2).
2. He was with God (John 1:1).
3. He is God, the Son (John 1:1; Rom. 9:5; Heb. 1:8, 10; I John 5:20).
4. He is God manifest in the flesh (John 20:28; I Tim. 3:16; Col. 2:9; Acts 20:28; Heb. 1:8).
5. He is God foretold (Isaiah 9:6; Psalm 45:6).
6. He is Immanuel, God with us (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23).
7. He is the true God (I John 5:20 with Titus 2:13; Romans 9:5).
8. He is the great God (Titus 2:13).
9. He is God our Savior (II Peter 1:1).
10. He existed in the form of God before His incarnation and was equal with God the Father (Philippians 2:5-7)
11. He is the only wise God (Jude 25).
12. He is omnipotent over disease. (Matthew 8:1-4; Luke 4:39)
13. He is omnipotent over demons. (Matthew 8:16-17; Luke 4:35)
14. He is omnipotent over nature. ((Matthew 8:26)
15. He is omnipotent over death. (Luke 7:14-15; John 11:25)
16. He is omniscient, knowing the hearts of the Pharisees. (Matthew 12:25; Luke 5:22; 6:8; 7:39-40)
17. He knew the thoughts of the scribes. (Matthew 9:3-4)
18. He knew the history of the Samaritan woman. (John 4:24)
19. He is omnipresent. (Matthew 18:20; 28:20; John 3:13; 14:20)
20. He was worshiped as God by the angels (Hebrews 1:6); worshiped as God by the wise men (Matthew 2:2); worshiped as God by the shepherds (Luke 2:15); worshiped as God by a ruler (Matthew 9:18); worshiped as God by Thomas (John 20:28); worshiped as God by the apostles (Matthew 14:33;28:9)
21. He forgives sins. (Mark 2:5)
22. He saves (only God saves). Matthew 18:11; John 10:28).
23. He judges. (John 5:22)
24. Paul, Peter, Jude, James, and John called Him God. (Galatians 2:20; 1 Peter 3:22; Jude 25; James 2:1; I John 5:20; Revelation 1:18; 19:16)
25. He is God’s Son, who was sent to bring us eternal life. (John 3:16)
26. He arose from death in the flesh (John 20:26-28; Luke 24:39-43; I John 4:2-3).
27. One with the Father (John 10:30).

This revelation came about from a discussion on faith in Christ, as a prerequisite to salvation.
What about those who lived before the time of Jesus?

Abraham was saved by grace thru his faith in God.
Just as we are now saved by grace thru our faith in Jesus Christ.

It's the same theme for the Old Testament and the New Testament.
Because....................... God and Jesus, are One and the Same.

To demonstrate his point that salvation comes through faith instead of works, Paul referred to Abraham, the forefather of the Jewish people.
He cited Genesis 15:6, which reveals that Abram (Abraham) “believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.” Circumcision was not introduced to Abraham and his descendants until Genesis 17—more than 10 years later.

Gospel Theme in the Old Testament

The Old Testament sets forth a gospel theme that people were saved from sin by grace through saving faith in the Lord and His promises.

Several texts from the New Testament illustrate this premise.

The second text underscoring the gospel theme of the Old Testament was spoken by Jesus Himself.

Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself. (Luke 24:25–27)

Here, Jesus spoke to a pair of His followers on the road to Emmaus. Notice the extent of His teaching. He began with Moses and the Prophets and opened to them in all the Scriptures the things pertaining to Himself, that is, His sufferings and His glory.

Later in the same chapter, Jesus spoke of His presence in the Old Testament Scriptures.

Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures. Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” (Luke 24:44–47)

So were there multiple ways of salvation prior to the coming of Jesus in space and time to die as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind? The answer must be a resounding “No.”
Paul explained in Romans 4 that salvation has always been and will always be by God’s grace and received through faith alone.

Thus, it is important to believe that Jesus is GOD.
Otherwise, we are committing IDOLATRY.

This came up at another forum, about the criminal who was crucified with Christ.

He told one prisoner on the cross that on that day, he (the prisoner) will be with Christ in paradise (heaven). How is that possible if Jesus had gone to Hades when He died.
Because Christ is also God (in human form) - and GOD is OMNI-PRESENT - it meant that the soul of the prisoner would go to God when he dies.

Omnipresent means God is present everywhere and anywhere, at all times.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

2 Cor 5: 6-8
So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.
Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Acts 7:5-9
And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out,
“Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

These verses also show the soul doesn't die when the physical body dies.

Last edited:
The Holy Spirit is God Himself.

Acts 5
3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to
lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the proceeds of the land?
4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart?

You have not lied to men, but to God.

If Jesus is not God Himself...................................there would be a ring of truth in what an atheist had claimed in another thread.

@devildavid

Human sacrifice is the basis of Christianity.

Post #178

There is your keyword: HUMAN.

Jesus wasn't like any other human. He was UNIQUE.

What human had been conceived and borne from a virgin?
Sinless?
Perfect?

Who can raise the dead?
Who can be transfigured?
Who is feared by demons?
Raise Himself from the dead?
Cast JUDGMENT and CONDEMN?
Forgive sins?
Grant eternal life?

JESUS IS GOD! IN HUMAN FORM.

Big difference.

Last edited:
All Scripture is God-breathed.

Since Jesus is God Himself - it's all coming from God (Jesus).
Don't forget - Jesus is THE WORD (of God).

God had SPOKEN the world into creation.

John 1:3
All things were made
through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Isaiah 55:11
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

All Scripture is God-breathed.

Since Jesus is God Himself - it's all coming from God (Jesus).
Don't forget - Jesus is THE WORD (of God).

God had SPOKEN the world into creation.

John 1:3
All things were made
through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14

Isaiah 55:11
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Circular arguments

Circular arguments

Where is the so-called "argument" from what you quoted?

What you quoted explains the consistency of Jesus being God Himself.
Explain what is "circular" about that.

Where is the so-called "argument" from what you quoted?

What you quoted explains the consistency of Jesus being God Himself.
Explain what is "circular" about that.
Your belief that the Bible is the word of God because it says so.

Your belief that the Bible is the word of God because it says so.

Your opinion based on your disbelief in the Abrahamic God isn't welcomed on this thread.
This thread is meant for Christians.

You folks are either so uncomprehending and/or ..............................scared s***less.
You're trying to own what obviously, isn't meant for you. :)
Mind your own business!

Back
Top Bottom