• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

Thanks to @Overitall for giving this logical point.

Oddly indeed, why mention only Jesus Christ? Surely, Peter would've known about the exact command.
Peter knew there was no need to add in the name of "The Father and the Holy Spirit," because both are in Jesus Christ.
Jesus is God.

1 Cor 1:13
Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

If Jesus is not God - that means The Father was not crucified for us.
So, why did Jesus command baptize in the Name of the Father?
I was unaware of this thread until you called me out to it. I'm not sure if this particular forum is for debate or simply a place to express your own thoughts on a subject. Therefore, I'll just make one comment and leave it there. Especially since this subject is being addressed in another thread.

With regards to what I highlighted in bold.

If Peter knew that why didn't Jesus also know it?

I was unaware of this thread until you called me out to it. I'm not sure if this particular forum is for debate or simply a place to express your own thoughts on a subject. Therefore, I'll just make one comment and leave it there. Especially since this subject is being addressed in another thread.

With regards to what I highlighted in bold.

If Peter knew that why didn't Jesus also know it?

It's the same response I gave to you in another thread.
I simply added it here since your logical point given in that thread, actually is an evidence that supports my OP.
If you want to discuss it further, we can continue in that other thread.

It's the same response I gave to you in another thread.
I simply added it here since your logical point given in that thread, actually is an evidence that supports my OP.
If you want to discuss it further, we can continue in that other thread.
You specifically answered my question here in the other thread? That's interesting since I just now asked it. Can you point me to the post where you answered this question?

Thanks to @Overitall for another addition that comes to light.

From post #265

What has Jesus been doing during His ministry, and even before He died? TEACHING!

That last Command by Christ to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of........ALL THREE............. encapsulate the Truth
that all three are GOD HIMSELF! GOD died for us!

Here - another evidence!

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,
for
the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.
He will not leave you or forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5 "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Romans 8:38-39 "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

"........God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Acts 2
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.
And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Now we know why Peter simply said "......be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ!"

Last edited:
Still related to #208

Though they could , no need to name all Three every time they baptized people to become disciples.
Just naming Jesus Christ receive the same result - because Jesus is God.

Acts 8
12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,
they were baptized, both men and women.
13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria.
15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,

16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Acts 19
4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
5 On hearing this, they were
baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues[b] and prophesied.

They were baptized simply in the name of Jesus Christ.

Thanks to Overitall:

The Holy Spirit is the same Spirit in Genesis 1.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the
Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Let me ask you: If God is Spirit - what is the "Spirit of God?"

....and, "Holy Spirit" of what? GOD!

Acts 5
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the
Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself
some of the money you received for the land?
4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to
God
.”

Lol - that's priceless! You guys are really racking up support for the TRINITY! :)

Here's another one.

1 Cor 2
7 No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,

and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things
God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them?

In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

RECAP: the following have been given as evidence to show Jesus is God Himself, and the truth of the Triune God:

OP: Rev 21:3 (The title, Alpha and Omega; God and the Lamb)

Post #2 - Isaiah 45 compare with Luke 2:11, Romans 10:9, 1 Cor 8:6

Post #3 – compare Isaiah 45 with John 5:39

Post #4 – Isaiah 44:6 compare with Rev 1: 17-18, Rev 2:8

Post #5 – Isaiah 9:6

Post #6 - Isaiah 44:24 compare with John 1:3, Colossians 1:15-16

Post #7 - Colossians 1:15, John 4:24 (The invisible God becomes visible thru Jesus Christ)

Post #8 - John 1:1-3

Post #9 - John 8 tied to Isaiah 42:8

Post #10 - John 10 – how Jews understood who Jesus claimed Himself to be.

Post #11 – John 14:9 tightly tied with Colossians 1:15

Post #12 – 1 Timothy 3 :16, Philippians 2: 5-7, and Titus 2 13-14 (also tied to Post #11)

Post #13 – Hebrews 1:8-9

Post #14 - Genesis 17:17 compare with Rev 1:7-8

Post #15 - Isaiah 33:22 compare with John 14, Rev 22:12-13, James 4:12, Isaiah 40:10

Post #16 – Concept of The TRIUNE GOD (Trinity) first introduced on the very first statement in the Bible.

Post #17 – Genesis 1:1 compare with John 1:1-2

Post #18 – Why “The Word?”

Post #19 - The Spirit in Genesis 1

Post #20 – again.......Why “The Word?”

Post #21 - God is the only One who can forgive, and yet..... Mark 2:2-8, Luke 7:41-49

Post #22 - Jesus forgives as GOD HIMSELF! Mark 2:5

Post #24 - Another evidence for the TRIUNE God. Genesis 3:22

Post #25 - Genesis 11:6-7

Post #26 - Doubting Thomas recognizes God, John 20:24-29

Post #31 - CHRISTOPHANY, pre-incarnate Christ in the Old Testament, Exodus 3:1-6

Post #32 – Christophany in Judges 13

Post #34 - “I AM.” The “I Am” of Jesus Christianity compare Exodus 3:13-14 with John 8:58

Post #38 - IF God is a loving God......

Post #45 - An absolute Monotheistic statement by Jesus John 2:18-19. Also Deuteronomy 32:39

Post #46 – Jesus reverses the curse that God said no one can!

Post #48 – A rebuttal: IF Jesus is not God.....

Post#58 - Mark 2 revisited

Post #59 - God/Jesus, Redeemer and Saviour

Post #60 - The ultimate Authority Matthew 28:18

Post #62 – The Lord of the Sabbath

Post #63 – Jesus is referred to as God, Titus 2:11-14

Post #64 - Jesus is no angel! He is declared GOD! Hebrews 1:6-12, Hebrews 13:8-9

Post #65 - The Triune God, 1 Peter 1:2

Post #66 - The Triune God, Romans 8: 9-11 ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #67 - 1 Cor 2

Post #68 – John 10 gives a deep explanation

Post #69 - IF God is a living God (again).......a clearer picture.

Post #70 - Invitation to the Thirsty – compare Isaiah 55 with John 4.

Post #72 - The New Testament – we can't have it both ways!

Post #73 - John 1: 18 (Triune God)

Post #74 - The Groom and His bride

Post #78 - One True Shepherd – monotheistic statements by God (Brett McBride video)

Post #79 – Genesis 1 revisited: explanation/comparison with John 1

Post #80 – Human Sacrifice

Post #81 - The Voice of God (credit to Spartan)

Post #82 - First 3 sentences of Romans 8 about Jesus and the Spirit as One. (credit to Aimiel)

Post #86 - Matt: 28:19 (credit to it's just me)

Post #104 - Job 19:25
(credit to Logicman)

Post #108 – Philippians 2

Post #109 - Acts 20 – The Trinity

Post #111 – If Jesus is not God....

Post #113 – Immanuel – supported by John 1, Luke 1, and Matthew 1.

Post #114 - Isaiah 40:3 (credit to Jerry Shugart)

Post #115 – Facsimile! Hebrews 1:3 ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #119 - Still on facsimile.

Post #120 – On the matter of the Thief crucified with Jesus. ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #126 – John 14 – The TRINITY! ***Lol! Thanks to Elvira – how ironic is that?

Post #127 – Matthew 12 - spoken as God!

Post #128 - Collosians 2 – stating it plainly!

Post #129 - A line from Isaiah 45 nags at me!

Post #131 – Colossians 1 – another explanation!

Post #132 - Christophany! Hagar rocognizes God in the pre-incarnate Christ!

Post #133 – Precedence: God appears as a man – Genesis 18, Genesis 32

Post #135 - Going back to Hagar, in comparison with Thomas

Post #138 – Rebuttal: can't be mere expressions

Post #142 – Rebuttal

Post $145 – Rebuttal

Post #147, #148 – John 1, Romans 8 (Triune God), Matthew 10: Evidence and explanation why Jesus, God and the Spirit are so intertwined

Post #155 – An example why Jesus has got to be God: Elvira falls into the trap

Post #156 – The Power to Rebuke the devil

Post #157 – Titus 2 (God's appearance, Saviour and Redeemer)

continuation

RECAP: the following have been given as evidence to show Jesus is God Himself, and the truth of the Triune God:

Post #159 - In their language and lingo of the time – Jews understood that Jesus was claiming to be God Himself! That's the blasphemy!

Post #160 – Comparison between Deuteronomy 32 with John 10

Post #163 - Why Jesus Has Got To Be God (Thanks to Elvira)

Post #165 - Why Jesus is Perfect.

Post #166 - Taking the thief to paradise - supporting the Triune God (thanks to Elvira)

Post #171 - John 6 shows the Triune God (thanks to Elvira)

#184 - Video

#185 – Raising the dead.

#186, #187, #188, #189 - Jesus takes credit and God's glory (thanks to Elvira)

#190 Rev 5. The Lamb is worshipped. (thanks to Elvira)

#191 Jesus is God/Holy Spirit (thanks to Overitall)

#208, #209 Jesus is God (thanks to Overitall)

#210 – The Holy Spirit is God (thanks to Overitall)

Thanks to Overitall for this:

John 17
10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.
11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by

the power of your name, the name you gave me,
so that they may be one as we are one

"the power of YOUR name, the name you gave me.................................

...............................so that they may be one ...................................AS WE ARE ONE."

What Are 7 Names of God in the Old Testament that Jesus Shares in the New Testament?​

Thanks to Overitall.
Another evidence for the TRINITY.

The Trinity includes the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and
the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

God does the calling.

Romans 8
28 And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
30 And those he predestined,
he also called; those he
called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Acts 13
2 While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting,
the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which
I have called them.”

Isaiah 63
7 I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord,
the deeds for which he is to be praised,
according to all the Lord has done for us—
yes, the many good things
he has done for Israel,
according to his compassion and many kindnesses.

8 He said, “Surely they are my people,
children who will be true to me”;
and so he became their
Savior.

9 In all their distress he too was distressed,
and the angel of his presence saved them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them
all the days of old.

10 Yet they rebelled
and
grieved his Holy Spirit.
So he turned and became their enemy
and he himself fought against them.

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit - are all ONE and the Same.

John 15:26
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the
Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father,
He will testify about Me,

John 16:13-15
But when He,
the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative,
but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

If God and Jesus are both The Truth, who do you think is The Holy Spirit?

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit - are all ONE and the Same.

John 15:26
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the
Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father,
He will testify about Me,
When the Bible translators say the spirit of truth the original text uses the word he, but when they use the word holy spirit the original text uses the word it. Because the former is a person.

But the problems don't stop there.
for He will not speak on His own initiative,
but whatever He hears, He will speak;
He receives revelation, while God does not. That he receives revelation means he is a prophet.

Qur'an 5:33 says about the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire." 34 "It is no less than inspiration sent down to him:"

When the Bible translators say the spirit of truth the original text uses the word he, but when they use the word holy spirit the original text uses the word it. Because the former is a person.

But the problems don't stop there.

He receives revelation, while God does not. That he receives revelation means he is a prophet.

Here is the preceding line.

John 16
12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

13 However,
when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;
for He will not speak on His own authority,

but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

That supports the Three-in-One.
It means that the Spirit will not speak on His own Authority.
He does not speak from himself that is independent of God (Father and Son).

He is not a prophet. He is also Jesus/God.

"......And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 18:20)

How is it that Jesus is with us always when He said bye-bye for now..................... and, away He went??

John 16

The Work of the Holy Spirit

5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’
6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away;
for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you;

but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and and of righteousness, and of judgment:

He is with us always.............because, He is also the Spirit!

What a comfort to know that the good tidings of great joy, which spoke of the glorious gospel of Christ would not grind to a bitter halt at His departure, but that the Spirit of truth would come to guide them into the many truths that they were not yet ready to receive - truths that could not yet be manifest before the victory on the cross had been finally won.

Many of those truths were yet to be revealed to the apostle Paul by the Lord Jesus Himself - mysteries connected with the body of Christ which is the Church.. mysteries planned by God before the foundation of the world - mysteries which hath been hidden from ages and from generations.

Just as Christ was one with the Father and He only did those things that He heard from above - and so the unity of the Godhead is further displayed, for we read that the Spirit: will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to us what is to come. Neither Christ nor the Spirit are inferior to the Father, but frequently demonstrate the submissive nature that pleases God.

Source: https://dailyverse.knowing-jesus.com/john-16-13

Last edited:
Thank you to @Frogwall that I was able to read and contemplate on this part:

John 16

Jesus Christ Has Overcome the World

25 “These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in
figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.

26 In that day
you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;

Jesus will no longer pray to the Father for us........................................
because asking in Jesus' name, is asking God directly.
Jesus is God. When we ask in Jesus' name - we are actually asking God.

Last edited:
That supports the Three-in-One.
It means that the Spirit will not speak on His own Authority.
He does not speak from himself that is independent of God (Father and Son).
I see you ignored most of what I said.

Then he isn't God. God is independent and the Christian claim is precisely that each third is a complete God. You have refuted that.

I see you ignored most of what I said.

Then he isn't God. God is independent and the Christian claim is precisely that each third is a complete God. You have refuted that.

I didn't ignore it. I debunked it.

"..............for He will not speak on His own authority,"

He (the Spirit), does not speak from himself that is independent of God (Father and Son).

He is not independent of God......................................Because, HE IS GOD!
He does not have His OWN authority........................... because..............................He is not separate from God. HE IS GOD!
They're all One and The Same!

The explanation is lost to you..........................that's, the problem.

Last edited:
I didn't ignore it. I debunked it.

"..............for He will not speak on His own authority,"

He (the Spirit), does not speak from himself that is independent of God (Father and Son).

He is not independent of God......................................Because, HE IS GOD!
He does not have His OWN authority........................... because..............................He is not separate from God. HE IS GOD!
They're all One and The Same!

The explanation is lost to you..........................that's, the problem.
You didn't address the grammatical issue of it and he at all.

Christians claim that each god is complete by themselves, but you apparently reject that and admit that they aren't.

Then tell me, who was ruling the world when jesus died? After all, if he was God then God was dead. If he isn't separate, why does he sit on God's right side? If he was one with the father he would sit on the throne just as the father does. If jesus was in Mary's womb then so were the father and the Holy ghost seeing as they're all in one body. If jesus was God he would have been all knowing, but he wasn't.

And of course, if the holy spirit was God then he could speak from himself.

The TRINITY:

Job 33:4
“The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

1 Samuel 10
6 The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully upon you, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed

into a different person.
7 Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you.

1 Cor 6
Or do you not know that
your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Cor 3
Do you not know that
you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him.
For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Romans 8

Life Through the Spirit

8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,
4 in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are
in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.
And if anyone does not have
the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
10 But
if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
11 And
if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Last edited:
The TRINITY:

Genesis 1:2
The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and
the Spirit of God was moving over the

surface of the waters.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word was God.

Ephesians 6
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is
the word of God.

Ephesians 1
13 And you also were included
in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation.
When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Last edited:
Thanks to Overitall for this:

Ephesians 6
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and
the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

The Spirit, The Word = GOD

Back
Top Bottom