• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

God/Godless Purpose/No Purpose

Continued

And Lastly Do Jews Believe in Satan? - May 31 2019 - Chabad of Scarsdale (A Hascidic point of view)

Why does G‑d challenge us so, knowing full well that it will only hinder us from being our best selves, and make us make fall and err? Doesn't G‑d want us to succeed?

Of course he does. But without that negative impulse, all the good we'd do would be hollow. It wouldn't be sincere and it wouldn't be a true accomplishment, for that'd be all that we know how to do.

By giving us the option and temptation to err and even do things that are outright wrong, the good that we do accomplish takes on a far more precious, genuine character.

Our job vis a vis the evil inclination is therfore, for the most part, to try our best to ignore it.

G‑d also created Satan, who is a far more serious problem. Satan is not an internal voice urging us to do the wrong things. Satan is the prosecuting angel in heaven. He points out all our sins and misdoing, the times we err and the times we fall.

He is much harder to ignore than the evil inclination, for he speaks the truth. While the evil inclination can be internally brushed aside, it's quite hard to brush off an angel who is pointing out all the errors we've made - and he isn't lying about them.

When we're faced with a desire to do what's wrong, we can overcome that desire and do what's right nonetheless. But when we're faced with our own reflection, with the mistakes and misdoing that we committed - when we're faced with Satan's prosecution - that can really drag us down.

Yahooo, we got a Muslim and a Christian going after each other up there. Tell us again how atheists have it all wrong.

Atheists have it all wrong. They raise their kids with the effort one would put on training a mouse and plan they will die and that's it. If you want, I can make a thread of all the things atheists have wrong, though I can't promise I can find the time because there would be a lot of content.

"As a __________ I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way."

That blank can be filled in with hundreds of other religions.

As a Hindu I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Buddhist I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Mormon I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Jehovah's Witness I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Jew I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Shintoist I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As a Catholic I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.
As an Amish I will tell people if they are misguided and how to find the right way.

You've got absolutely zero evidence to prove your way of believing is any more correct than theirs.

That's why it's called a "belief".

You should stop with the ranting and raving about Atheists and concentrate on converting those who already have the mental capacity to "believe" in the wrong god.
Would be much less work and there's far more of them to convert.

So tell the christians, jews, hindus, buddhists, and all others why THEY are wrong in their beliefs. Stop playing games with atheists. Go for the BIG WIN.
Is there some central point in that post?

A wishy washy one, at best...frankly, I don't think he knows what he believes...
I was sure he was a hateful atheist. It's somehow more depressing to see irreligious people with a religion than to see "honest" atheists.

I was sure he was a hateful atheist. It's somehow more depressing to see irreligious people with a religion than to see "honest" atheists.

Agreed...those who sit on the fence...well, we know what happens to them...

Is there some central point in that post?

:roll:

Every single person alive, regardless of their belief system, believes they have the right belief and that those who disagree are wrong.

You're no different.

What are the odds that everyone is correct?
What are the odds that everyone is wrong?
What are the odds that you personally are right?

You, Elvira, and mashmont have vastly different beliefs.
Are all three of you correct? Destined for Heaven?
Are two out of the three of you wrong? Destined for Hell?
Are all of you wrong? Destined for Hell?

How do you prove your case without resorting to a book written 1000's of years ago? You'll all three do the same thing.

None of which is convincing to anyone on the outside looking in.

:roll:

Every single person alive, regardless of their belief system, believes they have the right belief and that those who disagree are wrong.

You're no different.

What are the odds that everyone is correct?
What are the odds that everyone is wrong?
What are the odds that you personally are right?

You, Elvira, and mashmont have vastly different beliefs.
Are all three of you correct? Destined for Heaven?
Are two out of the three of you wrong? Destined for Hell?
Are all of you wrong? Destined for Hell?

How do you prove your case without resorting to a book written 1000's of years ago? You'll all three do the same thing.

None of which is convincing to anyone on the outside looking in.
But, so what? The existence of other beliefs doesn't take away the truth in mine. And that isn't true. People accept Islam frequently after reading the Qur'an.

What is with "proving a religion without the Holy scripture"? Do you ask for that because you don't know the scripture so if anyone argues for it, you wouldn't know how to reply? Has it ever occurred to you to seriously just look at the scripture?

Promise of an afterlife.

Heaven and Hell

One thing about it nobody is coming back to call BS on that one

And you will never know if it isn't true

Great sales pitch though

What is with "proving a religion without the Holy scripture"? Do you ask for that because you don't know the scripture so if anyone argues for it, you wouldn't know how to reply? Has it ever occurred to you to seriously just look at the scripture?

Elves exist.

My proof is the LOTR (Lord Of The Rings) books.
Anytime you ask for proof I'll just post stuff from the LOTR books.
Multiple books with Elves.

Obviously elves exist.

You see any problems with that line of reasoning?

Elves exist.

My proof is the LOTR (Lord Of The Rings) books.
Anytime you ask for proof I'll just post stuff from the LOTR books.
Multiple books with Elves.

Obviously elves exist.

You see any problems with that line of reasoning?

Yes.

1.LOTR is not religious scripture
2. You can't argue for its validity.

Cute.

Got any proof?

Is just being alive serving a purpose?
Is just being alive creating a meaning?

Mosquitoes are alive. What's the meaning and purpose to their life? Besides being the spreaders of diseases that kill millions across the planet?

But, so what? The existence of other beliefs doesn't take away the truth in mine. And that isn't true. People accept Islam frequently after reading the Qur'an.

Fabulism.

Atheists have it all wrong. They raise their kids with the effort one would put on training a mouse and plan they will die and that's it. If you want, I can make a thread of all the things atheists have wrong, though I can't promise I can find the time because there would be a lot of content.

You're funny.

Go to it. We will prove every one of them false.

Back
Top Bottom