• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Glenn Beck Using Mormon Code?

ummm... Beck is a Mormon so what's the point?

Mormonism is a big deal.. plus he converted into it, which kind of makes him a retard. I used to go to the Mormon church. I got the heck out asap. Anybody with a pea sized brain can see through Joe Smith's bs..

If you're born and raised into, that is different.. but Mormons are not very Christian by the definition of Christian. It took me a while to understand that. There is also therapy for ex Mormons. I have never heard of therapy for ex Catholics or Baptists.

Not my place to judge, but I doubt it...

From my understanding of Christianity all one has to do is accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and then all sins are absolved even if it on ones death bead.

From my understanding of Christianity all one has to do is accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior and then all sins are absolved even if it on ones death bead.

I have been to the Mormon church, catholic, and protestant.. and you're pretty much correct. Christians recognize Jesus as their lord and Saviour.. he died for their sins. If you accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness and live by the principles of Christ, then you are Christian.

Mormons don't praise Jesus.. they praise Joseph Smith. Mormons have you said a pledge to be recognized as Mormon and it says nothing about Jesus. You have the say Joe was a true prophet of god and the Mormon church is the one, true church of god.

Basically Mormons believe that Jesus died for their sins, but Joe died to build the true church.. You need the Mormon church to go to Heaven, seriously. Non Mormons don't go all the way to Heaven. You also have to be married to reach the highest realms of Heaven.

Being married for eternity doesn't sound like Heaven to me..

I have been to the Mormon church, catholic, and protestant.. and you're pretty much correct. Christians recognize Jesus as their lord and Saviour.. he died for their sins. If you accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness and live by the principles of Christ, then you are Christian.

Mormons don't praise Jesus.. they praise Joseph Smith. Mormons have you said a pledge to be recognized as Mormon and it says nothing about Jesus. You have the say Joe was a true prophet of god and the Mormon church is the one, true church of god.

Basically Mormons believe that Jesus died for their sins, but Joe died to build the true church.. You need the Mormon church to go to Heaven, seriously. Non Mormons don't go all the way to Heaven. You also have to be married to reach the highest realms of Heaven.

Mormons don't praise Jesus? wrong.
Mormons praise Joseph Smith? not quite, they revere him, there is a difference.
You can't know the beliefs of a religion by attending a few times.
and there is no saying of a pledge. really, you embarrass yourself ...

As for Christians living by the principles of Christ, I hope you mean Matt. 25....I was raised baptist, and from my experience then, and since, living by the principles must be the hardest part.

Last edited:
Mormonism is a big deal.. plus he converted into it, which kind of makes him a retard. I used to go to the Mormon church. I got the heck out asap. Anybody with a pea sized brain can see through Joe Smith's bs..

If you're born and raised into, that is different.. but Mormons are not very Christian by the definition of Christian. It took me a while to understand that. There is also therapy for ex Mormons. I have never heard of therapy for ex Catholics or Baptists.

I'd be interested in the specific details as to How & why you left. I suspect there was one Big pivotal individual.

As for Christians living by the principles of Christ, I hope you mean Matt. 25....I was raised baptist, and from my experience then, and since, living by the principles must be the hardest part.

Fast and Testimony Meeting

Children and new members were often coached what to say.

I testify.. all the same stuff about Joesph and the church being true. Hardly any members praised or testified about Jesus, and I eventually talked to some of the members about that. I was told that Joesph and Jesus were equal as prophets, so if you say he is only revered by the Church then I know a hand full of current members you can explain that to. I was told other things that some other Mormons didn't like or agree with... like an elder explained to me that a miscarried baby goes back to Heaven and keeps trying to be born to it's mother over and over again. Most of these things are not in book of Mormon anyway.

Last edited:
True Christianity is measured by what we do, not what we say.

Its what you believe, primarily. Followed by words and actions.

Last edited:

You saying this to anyone, when you've only been exposed to the most superficial levels of the faith, is rather funny.

I'd be interested in the specific details as to How & why you left. I suspect there was one Big pivotal individual.

Of course you believe this. It's unthinkable, in your paradigm, that people might find the DOCTRINES unpalatable and Joseph Smith unconvincing. A lot of Christians try to play this game, too.

Fast and Testimony Meeting

Children and new members were often coached what to say.

I testify.. all the same stuff about Joesph and the church being true. Hardly any members praised or testified about Jesus, and I eventually talked to some of the members about that. I was told that Joesph and Jesus were equal as prophets, so if you say he is only revered by the Church then I know a hand full of current members you can explain that to. I was told other things that some other Mormons didn't like or agree with... like an elder explained to me that a miscarried baby goes back to Heaven and keeps trying to be born to it's mother over and over again. Most of these things are not in book of Mormon anyway.

About 90% of mormon doctrine does not come from the BoM or Bible.

Sure he could if he repents of his transgressions and walks the walk until the day he dies.

Are you suggesting that he could lose his salvation if he fell short of perfection? You sound Mormon.

Are you suggesting that he could lose his salvation if he fell short of perfection? You sound Mormon.

Never said a word about perfection. If you refuse to repent for your transgressions, I believe you lose your salvation. God cannot be in the presence of sin and if you do not "clean" yourself of those sins, then how could you be allowed in His presence?

Never said a word about perfection. If you refuse to repent for your transgressions, I believe you lose your salvation. God cannot be in the presence of sin and if you do not "clean" yourself of those sins, then how could you be allowed in His presence?

How can humans clean themselves of sin? Wasn't that the point of the crucifixion...that they can't?

Individuals are not Coached in regards to the monthly Fast & Testimony meeting. It is all impromptu and no One is urged to get up. Indeed at times there is a nervous wait until a Volunteer decides to start things off.

Individuals are not Coached in regards to the monthly Fast & Testimony meeting. It is all impromptu and no One is urged to get up. Indeed at times there is a nervous wait until a Volunteer decides to start things off.

ROFLMAO. Little kids grow up hearing the adults testify every month. That's all the coaching they need to imitate the behaviors/phrases.

Its what you believe, primarily. Followed by words and actions.

but not belief alone...there are NO scriptures attributed to Jesus that say Grace alone. There are a few by Paul, but Paul also extols works more than he does grace. It takes both, grace and works...

You saying this to anyone, when you've only been exposed to the most superficial levels of the faith, is rather funny.

How could you be a member for so long, yet get some things so wrong, unless superficial is your forte'.....?

About 90% of mormon doctrine does not come from the BoM or Bible.

there is a difference between doctrine and culture...
90% is a big number, I would agree to a smaller number....
The protestants aren't so big on pomp and ceremony, the catholics love it, mormons are somewhere in the middle...

ROFLMAO. Little kids grow up hearing the adults testify every month. That's all the coaching they need to imitate the behaviors/phrases.

Obviously you are revising things just a bit.

Perfection is not expected, but pursuit of it is...
Be ye therefore perfect, even as my father in heaven....somewhere in the NT...
Hey, Jesus said it, not me...

That isn't limited to the LDS, tho....I spent 18 years being indoctrinated in the baptist ways. IT would have been shorter, but mother didn't drive and I had to take her. Daddy wouldn't go...

Back
Top Bottom