• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Glenn Beck at it again with the Nazi's

Re: Baiting is infraction worthy.

Theres a race/ ultra nationalism, etc. I dont think you can analogise tea partiers to Nazis.

Race? How so?

Fascism is nationalist... nations tended to be ethnic units... Fascism is commonly associated with racial superiority.

...this stuff isnt new.

Fascism is nationalist... nations tended to be ethnic units... Fascism is commonly associated with racial superiority.

...this stuff isnt new.

Oh sorry. I thought you were saying the "race" thing about the tea parties.

Oh sorry. I thought you were saying the "race" thing about the tea parties.

Not really, I stated they weren't really comparable. The tea party doesn't have a race agenda. Well, not explicitly anyways.

You GD hypocrite!

When I said that those words were "over the line", you thanked my post. Now that it's learned that it was Matthews, a liberal, and not Beck, you removed your thanks from my post.

You are a real piece of work.

Thanks

:lamo

i want ma thanks baaaaack!

naw its cool.

I'm busting my gut. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:lamo:lamo

I felt sorry for him, so I gave him thanks for his last post. I hate to see grown men cry.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Pb, Grim...knock the crap off and talk calmly about the topic.

What is the topic? A mod posts a flame bait thread to try and trick liberals into bashing Beck for something Matthews said so he can what? Call them hypocrites or worse? Well if that isn't flame baiting, then wtf is?

I think the FCC needs to step in and implement some controls against this. The next time MSNBC or FOX pundits starting comparing people to the nazis, the program should cut out and put up the message "This program has godwinned itself and needs to shut the **** up. Please stand by"

Maybe Fox News just needs to put up a screen saying "The views expressed on this show are those of the host alone and are independent from the network." before the Glenn Beck show starts. They show these screens for documentaries and non-political shows all over televsion. I don't see why they couldn't do it for political commentators. Not just Fox but the other networks should do this also.

I'm not really sure why people have demonized the Nazis. Every human being has the potential to be that brutal. Furthermore, propaganda is used today on a scale that could not even be conceived back during Nazi Germany, and it is considerably more effective. It is the increasing corporatism of our country that is scary, and if you want to learn about that then stop focusing on Germany and take a lesson from that little man from Italy.

What is the topic? A mod posts a flame bait thread to try and trick liberals into bashing Beck for something Matthews said so he can what? Call them hypocrites or worse? Well if that isn't flame baiting, then wtf is?

I think you and others are just butthurt cause you all were hornswaggled, some embarrasingly so with additions and retractions of even thanks. :lamo

Matthews calls people Nazis - flat out - quite regularly. Most people who know anything about cable pundits know this.

Anyway, the thread is funny.

May I ask what me being a mod has to do with me making a thread that uses a bit of deception to make a political point and inspire political responses? "baiting" in regards to the rules is making comments or statements aimed at getting others to violate the rules based on that comment, my post was nothing of the sort. If you don't like the thread, fine say so. If you don't like my tactic, say so. But my being a mod or not has absolutely nothing to do with anything with regards to it. If you think there was a rules violation report it and be done with it. Stop derailing the thread by continually taking pot shots at me because you think I'm doing something wrong as a "mod". Have an issue with my tactics as a poster address it as a poster.

As I stated, yes I parodied and distorted the situation by acting as if it was Glenn Beck that said it to satirically point out the hypocrisy of many people stereotyping the entire right because a pundit makes stupid nazi comparisons, and out of curiosity to see if people on the right would come in defending it and on the left come in attacking it to see then, once the actual person was revealed, if they still felt the same way. And if someone called me on it, as if often the case early on in these threads, then I'd move on to the more basic point and see what materializes.

So if you got a problem with my point, state it. If you got a problem with my debate tactic, go ahead and point it out. If you have an issue with me "as a mod" then vent it through the correct channels and stop ****ting up the thread.

Maybe Fox News just needs to put up a screen saying "The views expressed on this show are those of the host alone and are independent from the network." before the Glenn Beck show starts. They show these screens for documentaries and non-political shows all over televsion. I don't see why they couldn't do it for political commentators. Not just Fox but the other networks should do this also.

Honestly I don't think that's necessary, but then again I'm not a fan of our overly "fine print" society. The presentation of those shows as editorial shows is pretty evident, and editorial nature of news isn't something that should be all that uncommon. I'd much rather people use some common sense and ignore people that either are ignorant or refuse to use common sense than add on a ton of warnings and fine print to every little thing to satisfy those that simply allow themselves to be ignorant of what they're participating in.

The OP took the quote out of context and by attributing it to Glenn Beck, insinuated that the comment was made in regard to Democrats. I don't know what context Matthews was talking in, but it's unclear what is actually being said and about whom. Therefore, any "point about partisanship" you intended to make couldn't have been made.

May I ask what me being a mod has to do with me making a thread that uses a bit of deception to make a political point and inspire political responses? "baiting" in regards to the rules is making comments or statements aimed at getting others to violate the rules based on that comment, my post was nothing of the sort. If you don't like the thread, fine say so. If you don't like my tactic, say so. But my being a mod or not has absolutely nothing to do with anything with regards to it. If you think there was a rules violation report it and be done with it. Stop derailing the thread by continually taking pot shots at me because you think I'm doing something wrong as a "mod". Have an issue with my tactics as a poster address it as a poster.

As I stated, yes I parodied and distorted the situation by acting as if it was Glenn Beck that said it to satirically point out the hypocrisy of many people stereotyping the entire right because a pundit makes stupid nazi comparisons, and out of curiosity to see if people on the right would come in defending it and on the left come in attacking it to see then, once the actual person was revealed, if they still felt the same way. And if someone called me on it, as if often the case early on in these threads, then I'd move on to the more basic point and see what materializes.

So if you got a problem with my point, state it. If you got a problem with my debate tactic, go ahead and point it out. If you have an issue with me "as a mod" then vent it through the correct channels and stop ****ting up the thread.

It was a dishonest post, if that's not against the rules, its fine with me. :roll:

What about the dishonest thank? There should be a rule about that!

I mean, come on. The guy thanked a conservative for criticizing a conservative. Fundamentally, that hasn't changed as the conservative was unaware of the tomfoolery. But he lost his thanks! Why?! :lmao:

Perhaps the rest of us should hit em with a thanks, to make up for the emotional trauma he's been put through.

Last edited:
The OP took the quote out of context and by attributing it to Glenn Beck, insinuated that the comment was made in regard to Democrats. I don't know what context Matthews was talking in, but it's unclear what is actually being said and about whom. Therefore, any "point about partisanship" you intended to make couldn't have been made.

Yes, I switched the key words within it to switch from conservative to liberal. Was planning on posting a link to the actual transcript once the jig was up, but I believe someone already did it so you can read for yourself.

Matthews was referring to the Rand Paul rally and Tea Partiers, suggesting that the Tea Party movement is looking a lot like nazi's. A rather ridiculous notion, much like the ridiculous notions when people were attempting to say the Health Care plan was like "nazi's" or that Obama calling for kids to become active in things like the peace corps like "nazi" or the Patriot Act being like "nazi's".

You have a multitude of posts that spring up whenever Glenn Beck makes a ridiculous and idiotic comparison, you have references to him doing often popping up in political discussions, you have entire segments of comedy shows focused on roasting him over it.

Yet I'm imagining we will not see a Back in Black segment on Chris Matthews, I'm sure that a number of the people at the rally who'll be holding up signs saying "I Disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler" would say that Matthews is far more reasonable in his discourse than Glenn Beck, I'm sure you won't see posters who are running around this board broadly insulting all conservatives/tea partiers/republicans for the actions of a few doing the same towards liberals for this.

Partisan idiot pundits exist on both sides and make these outlandish comments on both sides, and yet so often the focus is on those evil hitler mentioning right wingers who are instigating violence by lowering the political discourse.

Back
Top Bottom