• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Get it right, Rittenhouse was chased first and wasn’t even the first to fire a gun.

Sorry, I disagree. Hearing a gun shot somewhere isn't justification for shooting someone in the head who didn't fire at him.

Should i shoot at someone running at me just because I hear a gun shot? is that okay?

You’ll never get this but the circumstances the kid was in as well as the actions of the people around him do matter. I mean, they don’t to bitter Trump haters like you but they will have to to a jury.

You’ll never get this but the circumstances the kid was in as well as the actions of the people around him do matter. I mean, they don’t to bitter Trump haters like you but they will have to to a jury.

Bitter Trump haters? I'm sorry we don't love Trump like you do, X.

You know this thread is a failure. Top to bottom.

What was the lie that his "ilk" spread?

Did the man he shot in the head shoot at him? Yes or no?

Stop trying to control my responses. I don’t play your dishonest game anymore.

In the specific circumstance Rittenhouse found himself in the shooting was absolutely justified. I've been critical of this kid since the whole thing went down and I still firmly believe that he managed to get himself into a situation WAY over his head. That being said, unless he was being chased (prior to the initial shooting) due to some kind of assault or something he committed down the street then it's self-defense. That gunshot as he's being chased changes the whole dynamic and gives him a rock solid justification to fear that he was at imminent risk of death or great bodily harm.

Hearing a gunshot does not justify you in shooting at anyone. That's lunacy. He'd have to know not only who fired the gun but that it was aimed at him or a third party he sought to defend for it to possibly justify shooting, and he could only be justified in shooting the shooter.

Hearing a gunshot while being chased does not justify you in turning around and blowing away whomever is chasing you.

Someone trying to take a gun from you after you turned into an active shooter in a crowd situation does not justify you in shooting yet more people.

You want to ignore that he decided to illegally possess a firearm, illegally cross state lines with it, illegally brandish it, all while looking for a confrontation with protesters, and that everything everyone did after the first shot was indisputably self-defense and defense of others on their part - the part of the people he shot - not his. As a general matter, if you provoke a confrontation with force or the threat of force, you lose self-defense.

Extra credit: merely being assaulted does not justify the use of deadly force. Among other things, you have to actually be facing deadly force or the threat of deadly force in order to use deadly force yourself.

I've been critical of this kid

Or pre-emptive bootstrapping.

The victims were associated with the protests and we know what you've been saying about the protesters since day 1....so.... :shrug:

Bitter Trump haters? I'm sorry we don't love Trump like you do, X.

You know this thread is a failure. Top to bottom.

Yeah, it actually disproves a common lefty “mistake” so of course, you won’t like it. You’re free to play elsewhere if you’re too good for this thread.

Now turn him into a Muslim instead of a white RW incel.
Still justifiable?

Hearing a gunshot does not justify you in shooting at anyone. That's lunacy. He'd have to know not only who fired the gun but that it was aimed at him or a third party he sought to defend for it to possibly justify shooting, and he could only be justified in shooting the shooter.

Hearing a gunshot while being chased does not justify you in turning around and blowing away whomever is chasing you.

Someone trying to take a gun from you after you turned into an active shooter in a crowd situation does not justify you in shooting yet more people.

You want to ignore that he decided to illegally possess a firearm, illegally cross state lines with it, illegally brandish it, all while looking for a confrontation with protesters, and that everything everyone did after the first shot was indisputably self-defense and defense of others on their part - the part of the people he shot - not his. As a general matter, if you provoke a confrontation with force or the threat of force, you lose self-defense.

Extra credit: merely being assaulted does not justify the use of deadly force. Among other things, you have to actually be facing deadly force or the threat of deadly force in order to use deadly force yourself.

Or pre-emptive bootstrapping.

The victims were associated with the protests and we know what you've been saying about the protesters since day 1....so.... :shrug:

I hate when lawyers present facts that completely make sense.

Projection, X. I don't think we need to know how jealous you are that this 17 year old kid did want I believe now, based on what you just posted, that you fantasize about doing.

I fantasize about lefties abandoning a false narrative but alas, that really is just a fantasy.

Where do Rittenhouse’s parents factor into this?

If the boy had stayed home.........

Then why post it like you're running some kind of victory lap?

If it's not relevant to whether or not the shooter was justified, then it is......well.... not relevant. It doesn't matter.

It's like a defense lawyer saying "the prosecutor said the video you saw of my client murdering the victim was shot on Betamax. But I showed the murder was recorded on VHS!"

Great catch . . .

I’m trying to get your ilk to stop spreading lies. It’s a maddening experience.

Oh, just playing your partisan gotcha games again?

In that case, you should probably stop constantly posting lies yourself before you go try to play lie police. Sort of like you should call out people on your own "side" before you call people on the left hypocrites for not calling out people on their side (even when they do).

At any rate, since you just wanted to score the appearance of points, not actually debate something relevant to the shooting . . .

:2wave:

PS: you didn't actually score any points. The gunshot from an unknown source is irrelevant by your own admission. Of course nobody is talking about it. Why should people talk about things that are irrelevant to the subject?

Now turn him into a Muslim instead of a white RW incel.
Still justifiable?

You want to play this game? Pretend it’s Rittenhouse that’s the protester and he’s being chased by militia members.

If I never made any such claim I’m not sure why you think I owe you an answer.

You’re telling everybody to get it right in the title

[h=2][/FONT][/COLOR]
Tracking Kyle Rittenhouse in the Fatal Kenosha Shootings - The New York Times

There’s, it’s even helpfully labeled the “first shooting”.

Don’t tell me, the New York Times is the tank for righties.
Get it right... He is underage, travelled with illegal weapons across statelines, fled the scene, fled the state and oh yea killed 2 people. He is the terrorist. And even if it somehow was self defence, he should not have been there with that weapon and the police should have arrested him when they encountered him before the shooting...instead they chatted with him and gave him water.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Okay, so if i decide to put on a Biden hat, and I hear a gunshot, I can shoot someone wearing a MAGA hat who is running behind me?

This isn't the end of these 'planned' shootings by rogue cops who belong to far-right wing militia in swing states.
Democrats better start differentiating between the vast majority of good cops and these white nationalist kkkillers like KKKyle and the kkkop.

Oh, just playing your partisan gotcha games again?

In that case, you should probably stop constantly posting lies yourself before you go try to play lie police. Sort of like you should call out people on your own "side" before you call people on the left hypocrites for not calling out people on their side (even when they do).

At any rate, since you just wanted to score the appearance of points, not actually debate something relevant to the shooting . . .

:2wave:

PS: you didn't actually score any points. The gunshot from an unknown source is irrelevant by your own admission. Of course nobody is talking about it. Why should people talk about things that are irrelevant to the subject?

You have got to be the dumbest about what’s relevant to a self defense claim of any lawyer, like, ever.

You don't know any of that and neither do I. Get it through your THICK HEADS. This is going to a Jury. So we should just SHUT UP with the absolutism and definitive statements and wait for the result.

Why should people just SHUT UP when it is your team who never shuts up about the guilt of our president?

Rhetorical question.^ Look rhetorical question up if you don't know what it means... :mrgreen:

Not to lefties, clearly.

You sure like making false statements. I already said it could turn out to be self-defense, which will be determined at trial if not sooner. Try saying something correct.

Back
Top Bottom