• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gestures that are unexplainably upsetting to you

SBu

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Everyone has one. Here's mine:

edwards-721178.jpg

Thumb on top of clenched fist while shaking it at people. I can't stand it!

Now that you are qued into it, it will drive you crazy too. You're welcome.

Why I hate it: It is an insincere gesture probably taught to all politicians at debate school because it is assertive while avoiding outright aggression. Ahhhhhh!

The two finger "look at me" sign from and in non-military/police situations, just normal people pointing their fingers near my eyes and then their's. Just makes we want to grab those fingers and rip em off.

View attachment 67162309

Why I hate it: It is an insincere gesture probably taught to all politicians at debate school because it is assertive while avoiding outright aggression. Ahhhhhh!
They using their thumb to keep from doing what they'd like to do....point their finger at you.

View attachment 67162309

Yeah I'm not a fan of that either. To me it screams "I HAVE A CONSULTANT TELLING ME HOW TO SPEAK!".

The wiggle single index digit that's supposed to mean 'come here'.

You want to say something to me, you'd better walk over to where I am standing.

That side to side head bobbing thing some pissed off women do.

Sticking the middle finger up......since I cant return it back with my Right hand. Due to having half of my finger Missing.

I had a guy give me the finger so without thinking I threw it back at him with my Right hand. He looked at me and laughed and then said.....whats that suppose to mean. Is that Eff Me or is that Eff You. Or what is that like half of a ****. Then Laughed. Bastard!
glasses12.gif

That side to side head bobbing thing some pissed off women do.

It's called chicken-necking. According to the Urban Dictionary, it's something black women do. I see it occasionally on the court tv shows. It's good for contempt of court, btw. ;)

Sports people who run onto the field of play and either cross themselves or do that palms open, staring up at Allah business. I don't give a **** whether you want to pray to your god, but why do you think we want to watch you doing it?

it's not upsetting, necessarily, but i hate the hand on the shoulder handshake that politicians use to demonstrate power over their opponent.

obama-mccain-handshake-eyes.jpg

154249733-e1350481430457.jpg

it's just a stupid, calculated thing that looks fake makes politics suck even more.

yeah, i kind of thought the same thing. they look like they are getting ready to wrestle.

the part that annoys me is this : they were told by handlers to do that for psychological effect, and aforementioned handlers probably fought over which side of the stage each candidate would occupy for this specific reason.

we have serious national issues, and we are concerned about where a candidate puts his hand on a shoulder, and from what angle.

I don't like to see pursed lips together with rolling eyes, which indicates disapproval from someone who thinks they are the ultimate decider of what is considered proper, all without a word spoken. And it's not only older women who do it, either...I've seen women intimidated by snippy young clerks in the makeup department of large department stores! I feel like saying "who died and made you queen?" Sheesh!

Greetings, MMC. :2wave:

View attachment 67162309

Ignoring a perfectly justifiable question from me just to ignore my comment and change the subject.

It usually doesn't matter if I put it in a short brief comment or or articulate the issue in more detail.

The only politicians that will give me answers are Libertarians - and generally I get in depth answers about my concerns. Republicans at times can be quite articulate with their answers (not all the time) and offer solutions while democrats just act like I don't exist.

Young people who roll their eyes while you are explaining to them their responsibilities.

Makes me want to put the click on the back of their heads like Moe Howard used to do to Curly.

Back
Top Bottom