• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Floyd Died from Drug Overdose, Not Asphyxiation

You're not fighting racial inequality. The real inequality that exists in this country that causes so much of the suffering in the black community is caused by Wall St. It's caused by men like Mark Zuckerberg. But he's your sugar daddy now, so you'll go harass some guy who makes $70k a year as a cop. This is why I think the left wing was subverted and turned into little boy marchers owned by Wall St.
Well, with you living in Silicon Valley and your monthly house payment being more than a university student's net worth, what the hell is your beef?

:lamo:lamo:lamo

They didn't need to beat King after he was down. That goes beyond self defense, and ventures into retaliation. I expect better of out police. You should too.

Period!

I watched the Rodney King video MANY times, but not the shorter edited version that the media played for months prior to the trial of the officers. I watched the entire video and also read the testimony of the California Highway Patrol officers who were also on scene who were not "hands on" trying to get Rodney King into cuffs. What was clear about the entire incident was that Rodney King was a violent non compliant suspect who had already put innocent citizens at risk--- so no love there for his actions. This wasn't about retaliation, it was about putting a guy into handcuffs who wanted to fight. I am of the opinion that cops even despite our expectation that they act like emotionless robots are still flesh and blood, and when you push them into a situation where they are required to fight you, they aren't going to play paddycake. I have had MANY police contacts, been pulled over enough times to be infinitely annoyed by cops. But being that I never ran from them, or came out swinging, the worst thing that ever happened to me was getting a ticket.

Rodney King made the decision to fight and not comply, everything that happened to him was on him. I suppose the cops could have dog piled on him and pinned him to the ground rather than apply "pain compliance" with a baton. But wresting a large strong non compliant suspect on the ground has it's inherit risks as well as we know. Like Chris Rock said, "if you force the cops to chase you, they are bringing a beating".

Black folks need to start looking for better "heroes". Show me a video where a Black man and his family is pulled over and beaten by cops while driving home from church with his family then I'll be just as angry about that as the next person. But keep showing me criminals and thugs who end up losing a fight with cops.... well, I just don't have too much sympathy for them.

IOW, Dr Baker found no evidence that Floyd's death was caused by asphyxiation, and had there been no national media outcry, Floyd would have been just another OD statistic. The enormous amount of pressure put on the Hennepin County medical examiner's office is likely to blame for Floyd's death being ruled homicide by asphyxiation.

Interesting but unconfirmed reports have surfaced that George Floyd might have swallowed a dope balloon when approached by police officers, as he sat in his vehicle. A dope balloon is a small balloon used to carry drugs in, which are tied with a knot at the end, and are commonly held in the mouth of a drug dealer or user, and then swallowed if they're approached by police. Dope balloons kill people every year in this country.

:lol:

Well, with you living in Silicon Valley and your monthly house payment being more than a university student's net worth, what the hell is your beef?

:lamo:lamo:lamo

When I commute from SJ to the Embarcadero station every morning, I get to see the piles of bodies that line the different stations. The 16th street station looks like a zombie apocalypse, with bodies strewn about. You have to step over people to get to the exit staircase. Zuckerberg has done nothing constructive with his billions. He's in a unique position, in that he could single handedly fund programs to make it more livable here, and instead he pays people to make it worse. This city was a nightmare during the peak of the riots. You wouldn't know a thing about it, or anything else besides where to get a fruity cocktail in a fruity bar.

When I commute from SJ to the Embarcadero station every morning, I get to see the piles of bodies that line the different stations. The 16th street station looks like a zombie apocalypse, with bodies strewn about. You have to step over people to get to the exit staircase. Zuckerberg has done nothing constructive with his billions. He's in a unique position, in that he could single handedly fund programs to make it more livable here, and instead he pays people to make it worse. This city was a nightmare during the peak of the riots. You wouldn't know a thing about it, or anything else besides where to get a fruity cocktail in a fruity bar.
Your entertaining commuting narrative quite aside, know ye that I've held Mr. Sugarhill's enterprises in contempt for decades, practically since their launching.

As such I won't be seen on Fecebook (the narcissist's wet dream), don't use WotsCrapp or anything else (Finstacrap included) even remotely associated with the little scumbag, and any site asking me to login via any of those can go and f*** itself.

That's just on account of the generally displayed business behavior without my even having started on the guy's character faults yet.

Your entertaining commuting narrative quite aside, know ye that I've held Mr. Sugarhill's enterprises in contempt for decades, practically since their launching.

As such I won't be seen on Fecebook (the narcissist's wet dream), don't use WotsCrapp or anything else (Finstacrap included) even remotely associated with the little scumbag, and any site asking me to login via any of those can go and f*** itself.

That's just on account of the generally displayed business behavior without my even having started on the guy's character faults yet.

We've found ourselves in agreement on something, which occurs once in every 2 years or so. I'll settle for that.

This goes along with the schizoid rightwing's view of the left: they/we are both a massively powerful, sinister, ruthless threat to all humanity at the same time we're sensitive "snowflakes" whining and cringing from their overpowering truths (IOW, projection of themselves).

We never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Well, that's a conspiracy theory that I hadn't heard yet, so points for that.

MZ is way too much like trump to ever be someone that I'd look up to.

You've taken his money, he owns you. That's how it works. That's how they do business. He doesn't care whether you like him or not.

I disagree.Cops have to be like soldiers today.They are not crossing guards.It's a war out there.Kill or be killed.

What are you the Punisher or something? Who are cops at war with? Are they civil servants or a military force occupying unfriendly territory? I think treating US cities like they are war zones, is very unhealthy.

What are you the Punisher or something? Who are cops at war with? Are they civil servants or a military force occupying unfriendly territory? I think treating US cities like they are war zones, is very unhealthy.

Our soldiers are safer than the police.

Our soldiers are safer than the police.

American cities are not war zones. Don't care how bad you think Portland is, its not comparable to a war zone.

IOW, Dr Baker found no evidence that Floyd's death was caused by asphyxiation, and had there been no national media outcry, Floyd would have been just another OD statistic. The enormous amount of pressure put on the Hennepin County medical examiner's office is likely to blame for Floyd's death being ruled homicide by asphyxiation.

Interesting but unconfirmed reports have surfaced that George Floyd might have swallowed a dope balloon when approached by police officers, as he sat in his vehicle. A dope balloon is a small balloon used to carry drugs in, which are tied with a knot at the end, and are commonly held in the mouth of a drug dealer or user, and then swallowed if they're approached by police. Dope balloons kill people every year in this country.
TAAC says: "George Floyd Died from Drug Overdose"
Dr. Andrew Baker says: "I am not saying this killed him."

Gee, who to believe?

American cities are not war zones. Don't care how bad you think Portland is, its not comparable to a war zone.

2 LA cops shot in the head last night.More liberal filth responsible.

More cops were killed this year than soldiers.Do you know what disrespect for the law is?

Maybe cops shouldn't kill unarmed black men or kids with autism then.

Portland is not Mosul, no matter what spin you want to apply here.

Maybe cops shouldn't kill unarmed black men or kids with autism then.

Portland is not Mosul, no matter what spin you want to apply here.

They were all thugs

They were all thugs

Yeah sure, Flyod was a thug for what, passing a bad 20 and the 13 year old kid with autism who got shot was a thug too eh?

I guess everyone you don't like is a thug eh? Sounds like you support a police state and are a big government authoritarian.

Eggshell skull rule. We don't excuse murders because a victim had a bleeding disorder, causing fatal blood loss that might not have occurred in someone else.

Don't want to be charged with murder? Don't casually kneel on a guy's neck for three minutes after he goes completely limp.

Funny, I've never heard of that. I'm quite sure that I didn't get any money.

Soros (peace be upon him) has more pressing matters. :p

The fentanyl overdose thing comes from misunderstanding of measuring units and what someone saw and thought was a sign of overdose.

Actually Floyd could have died of asphyxiation caused by the over dose of fentanyl. If you read the linked article you find " Floyd was swallowing “2 milligrams of fentanyl, a lethal dose” in order to avoid being caught holding the drugs" There is a warning on fentanyl: "Warning: Life-Threatening Respiratory Depression" What is that? it is acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)?
ARDS is a type of acute respiratory failure caused by fluid buildup in your lungs. The fluid prevents your lungs from filling with oxygen. Your blood is not able to get the oxygen it needs to carry to your body. Organs such as your kidneys can shut down.

If you watched the the body cam videos, Floyd is complaining he "can't breathe" as he is handcuffed and being lead to the patrol car and again as he trying to be placed in the car. However, this in no way excuses the actions of the officer kneeling on his neck for 8 of 9 minutes.

Yeah sure, Flyod was a thug for what, passing a bad 20 and the 13 year old kid with autism who got shot was a thug too eh?

I guess everyone you don't like is a thug eh? Sounds like you support a police state and are a big government authoritarian.

You need to branch out from the liberal MSM you're consuming. Floyd staged a home invasion robbery, where the victim was a pregnant woman who was home alone. During the robbery, a gun barrel was placed against her stomach, and she was threatened with having a bullet rip into her swollen abdomen if she didn't comply.

You need to branch out from the liberal MSM you're consuming. Floyd staged a home invasion robbery, where the victim was a pregnant woman who was home alone. During the robbery, a gun barrel was placed against her stomach, and she was threatened with having a bullet rip into her swollen abdomen if she didn't comply.

I wouldn't trust any media you like, I do not trust your judgment at all and any crime he committed in the past is irrelevant to these events, there is no way cops the standing on his neck till he stopped breathing is self-defense, any past crimes do not justify this cop's extrajudicial killing. If he committed a capital crime (the crime you outlined is pretty bad, but it's not a capital one), he should have been tried, a cop slowly killing him is not justice. The ''he was no angle'' argument is not an actual defense for this cop.

Back
Top Bottom