• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Floyd Died from Drug Overdose, Not Asphyxiation

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A May 26 memo written by the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office said Hennepin County Medical Examiner Dr. Andrew Baker had told them he didn’t think Floyd had died of asphyxiation. “The autopsy revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation,” Baker told prosecutors, according to the memo.

But at the point, he hadn’t gotten the toxicology results back.

A second memo entered into the prosecutor’s file against former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin showed that the medical examiner said he thought it was likely that Floyd had died from an overdose, KMSP reported.

Baker told prosecutors on June 1 that Floyd had a “pretty high” and potentially “fatal level” of fentanyl in his system when he died.

"Dr. Andrew Baker said that if Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home (or anywhere else) and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death,” the prosecutor’s memo about the conversation with the medical examiner read.

Newly-Released Evidence Shows Coroner Said George Floyd's Death Looked Like An Overdose - The Police Tribune

IOW, Dr Baker found no evidence that Floyd's death was caused by asphyxiation, and had there been no national media outcry, Floyd would have been just another OD statistic. The enormous amount of pressure put on the Hennepin County medical examiner's office is likely to blame for Floyd's death being ruled homicide by asphyxiation.

Interesting but unconfirmed reports have surfaced that George Floyd might have swallowed a dope balloon when approached by police officers, as he sat in his vehicle. A dope balloon is a small balloon used to carry drugs in, which are tied with a knot at the end, and are commonly held in the mouth of a drug dealer or user, and then swallowed if they're approached by police. Dope balloons kill people every year in this country.

IOW, Dr Baker found no evidence that Floyd's death was caused by asphyxiation, and had there been no national media outcry, Floyd would have been just another OD statistic. The enormous amount of pressure put on the Hennepin County medical examiner's office is likely to blame for Floyd's death being ruled homicide by asphyxiation.

Interesting but unconfirmed reports have surfaced that George Floyd might have swallowed a dope balloon when approached by police officers, as he sat in his vehicle. A dope balloon is a small balloon used to carry drugs in, which are tied with a knot at the end, and are commonly held in the mouth of a drug dealer or user, and then swallowed if they're approached by police. Dope balloons kill people every year in this country.

"Looked like" a drug overdose.

Well, that Dr wasnt there. Cops were tho. As were witnesses videoing and watching the cops continue to forcibly restrain him minutes after he begged to breathe and stopped resisting. Witnesses, including at least one cop, that asked for Chauvin to stop. Witnesses including at least one cop, will describe why they were begging for Chauvin to stop. The cop will be questioned as to why he was concerned and questioned Chauvin's actions. Bet he wasnt thinking, dude! He's dying of a drug overdose! :roll:

Is the Dr that released that report going to say that Floyd, walking down the street right before his capture, wouldnt have continued walking down the street, perfectly alive, if the cops hadnt forcibly restrained him? Is he going to testify to that?

Because according to the video, he wasnt dead of a drug overdose before the cops got their hands on him. (btw, the imaginary 'balloon' will be hard evidence...if it exists. Where is it? :roll: Why didnt the other ME find it? Why isnt it in this ME's report?)

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Last edited:

I want to go on record right now and say that even if this does exonerate the officer for murder, what he did was still uncalled for, and he should never be allowed to work as a law enforcement officer again.

Unless the person they are arresting is an extremely violent, combative individual, that kind of restraint should never be used... And even if it is called for in such a situation, it should only be used long enough to put them in handcuffs.

I want to go on record right now and say that even if this does exonerate the officer for murder, what he did was still uncalled for, and he should never be allowed to work as a law enforcement officer again.

Unless the person they are arresting is an extremely violent, combative individual, that kind of restraint should never be used... And even if it is called for in such a situation, it should only be used long enough to put them in handcuffs.

I disagree.Cops have to be like soldiers today.They are not crossing guards.It's a war out there.Kill or be killed.

George Floyd died with a cops knee on his neck begging to let him breathe

I disagree.Cops have to be like soldiers today.They are not crossing guards.It's a war out there.Kill or be killed.

I agree with your sentiments, and what I said is in line with them. If someone they are arresting is combative and violent, the use of that particular restraint should be a technique that's available to them. After a suspect is cuffed however, there is no need in my opinion to continue restraining them in such a manner.

George Floyd died with a cops knee on his neck begging to let him breathe

Could be. But that does not mean that those circumstances were the cause of Mr Floyd's death.

Didn't Floyd pass out after about 6 mins? Yet the cop kept his knee on his neck for another 3 mins.?

So please stop with the Con news lies and BS about he died from this or that.. Cut off someone oxygen to the point of him passing out is going to cause death or permanent damage.

And the cop was kneeling on his neck because why? Is that some new form of first aide given to someone ODing? Even if we accept this as true, at the the very least we are talking about a neglent manslaughter. The man was in police custody and if he needed medical attention it was their duty to provide that. They had him cuffed and secured in the car. They then pulled him out and pinned him to the ground and restricted his air passage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

don't forget to click the shopping link that is sponsored in the article

victory valhalla.jpg

You could do with a new avatar that outdoes even your previous Soldier of Odin one, while your current one is actually rather childish already.

Well, that Dr wasnt there. Cops were tho. As were witnesses videoing and watching the cops continue to forcibly restrain him minutes after he begged to breathe and stopped resisting. Witnesses, including at least one cop, that asked for Chauvin to stop. Witnesses including at least one cop, will describe why they were begging for Chauvin to stop. The cop will be questioned as to why he was concerned and questioned Chauvin's actions. Bet he wasnt thinking, dude! He's dying of a drug overdose! :roll:

Is the Dr that released that report going to say that Floyd, walking down the street right before his capture, wouldnt have continued walking down the street, perfectly alive, if the cops hadnt forcibly restrained him? Is he going to testify to that?

Because according to the video, he wasnt dead of a drug overdose before the cops got their hands on him. (btw, the imaginary 'balloon' will be hard evidence...if it exists. Where is it? :roll: Why didnt the other ME find it? Why isnt it in this ME's report?)
This is a TAAC thread and, in that, like most his others.

That's all that need be said.

~............................. After a suspect is cuffed however, there is no need in my opinion to continue restraining them in such a manner. .
and there we have it.

The significance of this information is that Dr Baker didn't find evidence that Floyd died due to homicide, during his examination of the body. He said it looked like a drug overdose, before the toxicology results showed that Floyd had a potentially “fatal level” of fentanyl in his system when he died. There were enough signs that pointed to death by overdose, that Baker believed that was the case without knowing definitively what was in Floyd's blood.
We now have evidence that suggests the protests/rioting/and all the ensuing billions of $ in damage and lost lives may have been due to a misunderstanding of what actually killed Floyd.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say Floyd was just fine 'walking down the street' before police approached him. He was sitting when police first made contact with him. He also said that he couldn't breathe long before Officer Chauvin placed him in a legally sanctioned position to restrain him. Chauvin initiated the restraint because Floyd wiggled and flopped his way out of the police cruiser, landing on the pavement, in the exact spot where Chauvin restrained him.

As I said in the OP, the dope balloon hasn't been verified yet, but it was mentioned by one of the attorneys in the case, so maybe we'll hear more about it in trial.

The important takeaway here is that the media and leftwing radical organizations need to stop agitating the public into outrage, especially before all the facts are known. The situation in America has now spun completely out of control, and the left wing extremist factions are trying to exploit every death of a black male in order to create a justification for chaos.

Ah yes, that excuses a knee to the throat. We all should try it just to see how that feels. Tell me, what did that man do to deserve that?

The significance of this information is that Dr Baker didn't find evidence that Floyd died due to homicide, during his examination of the body. He said it looked like a drug overdose, before the toxicology results showed that Floyd had a potentially “fatal level” of fentanyl in his system when he died. There were enough signs that pointed to death by overdose, that Baker believed that was the case without knowing definitively what was in Floyd's blood.
We now have evidence that suggests the protests/rioting/and all the ensuing billions of $ in damage and lost lives may have been due to a misunderstanding of what actually killed Floyd.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say Floyd was just fine 'walking down the street' before police approached him. He was sitting when police first made contact with him. He also said that he couldn't breathe long before Officer Chauvin placed him in a legally sanctioned position to restrain him. Chauvin initiated the restraint because Floyd wiggled and flopped his way out of the police cruiser, landing on the pavement, in the exact spot where Chauvin restrained him.

As I said in the OP, the dope balloon hasn't been verified yet, but it was mentioned by one of the attorneys in the case, so maybe we'll hear more about it in trial.

The important takeaway here is that the media and leftwing radical organizations need to stop agitating the public into outrage, especially before all the facts are known. The situation in America has now spun completely out of control, and the left wing extremist factions are trying to exploit every death of a black male in order to create a justification for chaos.

Fine, he was sitting. And alive. He was not after the cops got done with him.

So re-read my post (#2) with that minor correction. It changes nothing.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I agree that Chauvin showed poor judgment, and should never work as a LEO again. I've seen a lot of posts on social media from POC who are saying Chauvin and the other 3 officers should be charged with First Degree homicide, and that they'll be unwilling to accept anything other than life sentences for these men. And these are the people who are unduly influencing our system right now, because of the destruction they'll cause if they don't get their way. Mob rule is a bigger threat to liberty and American values right now than police officers.

No. If this is a war then that was a war crime. The man was cuffed and face down in the street. He was completely immobilized and had no ability to cause harm to anyone. The knee on the neck was just cruelty. Maybe it killed him and maybe it didnt, but its not acceptable behavior either way.

Fine, he was sitting. And alive. He was not after the cops got done with him.

So re-read my post (#2) with that minor correction. It changes nothing.

So let's do away with the science of forensic pathology, because we saw a video, and it upset us. Brilliant.

No. If this is a war then that was a war crime. The man was cuffed and face down in the street. He was completely immobilized and had no ability to cause harm to anyone. The knee on the neck was just cruelty. Maybe it killed him and maybe it didnt, but its not acceptable behavior either way.

It was a legal restraint that the city of Minneapolis trained Officer Chauvin how to perform. I don't like the idea of punishing someone for doing exactly what he's trained to do.

It was a legal restraint that the city of Minneapolis trained Officer Chauvin how to perform. I don't like the idea of punishing someone for doing exactly what he's trained to do.

Do you have a link to that claim?

Do you have a link to that claim?

Police Department's Policy and Procedure Manual, section 5-311, "Use of neck restraints and choke holds," with dates of last prior revision:

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person's neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Good riddance to neck-restraint tactic - StarTribune.com

84% of such restraints resulted in a successful outcome, where the non compliant person was restrained without experiencing loss of consciousness. I don't think theres any case to make that Chauvin thought he was killing Floyd.

So let's do away with the science of forensic pathology, because we saw a video, and it upset us. Brilliant.

Um...the forensics turned up no balloon. And the forensics cant dispute that Floyd was sitting, alive, before cops got to him...and not sitting, alive, after that. Can they? How can 'forensics' as published so far, show the cops' actions didnt 'stop him from being alive?'

Police Department's Policy and Procedure Manual, section 5-311, "Use of neck restraints and choke holds," with dates of last prior revision:

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person's neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Good riddance to neck-restraint tactic - StarTribune.com

84% of such restraints resulted in a successful outcome, where the non compliant person was restrained without experiencing loss of consciousness. I don't think theres any case to make that Chauvin thought he was killing Floyd.

Ooopsie...'not to cause loss of consciousness.' Sooooooo, when the suspect was unconscious, pretty sure Chauvin was supposed to stop restraining him in that manner :doh That was 'policy.'

Everyone around him was screaming it. At least one of his own told him to stop. Hmmmm. Sounds like depraved indifference at minimum to me.

Ooopsie...'not to cause loss of consciousness.' Sooooooo, when the suspect was unconscious, pretty sure Chauvin was supposed to stop restraining him in that manner :doh That was 'policy.'

Everyone around him was screaming it. At least one of his own told him to stop. Hmmmm. Sounds like depraved indifference at minimum to me.

We don't know when Floyd lost consciousness, or that Chauvin knew he'd lost consciousness. The Hennepin County medical examiners office's final decision was the fentanyl played a part in Floyd's death, meaning Floyd likely would have survived the incident had he not ingested fentanyl.

The important thing to remember is that a trained forensic pathologist couldn't find evidence of the homicide that you think you saw from watching a video.

Um...the forensics turned up no balloon. And the forensics cant dispute that Floyd was sitting, alive, before cops got to him...and not sitting, alive, after that. Can they? How can 'forensics' as published so far, show the cops' actions didnt 'stop him from being alive?'

'No evidence of homicide, but there is evidence of a drug overdose.' That was Dr Baker's finding on May 26, before the people who believe they know more than him decided to get involved.

Back
Top Bottom