• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gee. What a surprise. The 6-foot rule was a lie

The six foot rule allowed people to distance as far as possible indoors, which is most important. Setting a larger distance was impractical for confined spaces, where it was most vital to distance.
hogwash. Close proximity just means there are airborne particles who don't care how far away you are. They stay suspended in the air in tiny H2O droplets for sometimes hours and eventually fall down. You can be twenty feet away.

A president's job is to NOT frighten the public like Walensky and Fausti. You keep forgetting he insisted on a vaccine in record time.

Trump must think his voters are some serious snowflakes if he felt the need to lie about how dangerous th Corona virus was.

To bad that lie likely caused ten or hundreds of thousands of deaths just to protect the delicat feelings of Trump voters.

Masks don't work....neither does social distancing, so what other than a vaccine did we have?
This is incorrect. To even imply that being further away from someone doesn't decrease the chance to pass a virus is almost as ludicrous as claiming that masks don't stop saliva droplets.

An argument can be made about how effective these two things are but you're to far down the rabbit hol for that I am guessing.

Fauci wasn't the only one going for the 15 day to bend the curve - Trump was the one who laid out the guidelines and it was also back by his surgeon general Jerome Adams.

You are buying into the lie Fauci/Walensky are solely responsible for everything such as the 15 days and want to play partisan while talking about "truth". That's cool but don't act like you don't like to be lied to when you play your partisan games and act like only one side is responsible.

Effective masks are proven to work. Just because some are less effective for some variants doesn't mean they are useless. If you want to ignore it and be a jerk and not wear one when you are feeling sick, that's your right to be an unpatriotic citizen who doesn't care about their neighbor's health. whatever.

Trump is not a doctor and unfortunately, he was just a guest at the party. Walensky is just a political hack and in way over her head. She is so inept she was told to take communications classes (to lie better). Faust we know about. A guy who is the highest-paid and dumbest in government lying to save a run on N95 masks,

Ah, so you do want the President to treat us like children who can't handle the truth. I am an adult and can handle being 'frightened' by the truth, you obviously like to live in a bubble.
That was very early on when even the great Paradoxical made a bad orediction.

No, I meant Trump. He is the one who said it.

Or Trump saying we have 15 cases and soon will be zero. Sound scientific statement, right?
Who said masks MAY stop just one particle but don't provide the level of protection people think they do?

Trump must think his voters are some serious snowflakes if he felt the need to lie about how dangerous th Corona virus was.

To bad that lie likely caused ten or hundreds of thousands of deaths just to protect the delicat feelings of Trump voters.

This is incorrect. To even imply that being further away from someone doesn't decrease the chance to pass a virus is almost as ludicrous as claiming that masks don't stop saliva droplets.

An argument can be made about how effective these two things are but you're to far down the rabbit hol for that I am guessing.
Studies have shown that airborne particles float in the air for sometimes hours. Therefore, the 6-foot distance rule is hogwash. Again, if some idiot sneezes or coughs right in your face, either be more than 6 feet away or beat the snot out of him.

Studies have shown that airborne particles float in the air for sometimes hours. Therefore, the 6-foot distance rule is hogwash.

So you think someone standing an inch from someone has the same chance as someone 20 feet from contracting the virus?

Again, if some idiot sneezes or coughs right in your face, either be more than 6 feet away or beat the snot out of him.

Thanks for the tip but I would rather they had a mask on to fascilitate trapping COVID infested saliva particles so they don't "float in the air for sometimes hours".

Big deal! You're alive aren't you? Count your blessings...personally I think the 6 ft rule should be made into law...:sneaky:

Maybe the six-foot rule was based on the idea that people might obey a definite rule instead of merely being told to "Try your best to keep as far away from other people as possible. You wouldn't stand next to someone who is sneezing, would you?"

Many (most?) of us like definite (not ambiguous) guidelines in our lives.

It gives us more confidence. (Even if that confidence might be misplaced.)

It was a practical decision. People, supposedly masked, needed to shop, to work, to get on buses, etc.

They have to recommend things that are possible and try to find a balance to minimize risk yet allow society to function. And that's what they did.

It's sad that those with such limited minds dont understand things like that and need their world to be explained in black and white for them to feel secure.

And @Paradoxical, he's been proven wrong on masks, and refuses to return to the post where he challenged me to explain it...the one that proves him wrong. So he's even lying in the OP.

So you think someone standing an inch from someone has the same chance as someone 20 feet from contracting the virus?

Thanks for the tip but I would rather they had a mask on to fascilitate trapping COVID infested saliva particles so they don't "float in the air for sometimes hours".
Absolutely. Wearing a mask is useless. The proof is that the states who mandated them did no better. But, hey, all you gotta do is not let someone get that close and that means to be a recluse. This incessant worrying is ruining humanity.

I posted on this site over a year ago that the 6 foot rule was not science but rather based on a discussion of people with the CDC to settle on what the people would fall for. It was always well known that the viral agent could easily travel as much as 25 feet, but that the people would never accept 25 feet...or 10 feet. 6 feet was the distance they thought they could sell that the people would buy.

Fauci did the exact same thing with the idea of herd immunity. He low balled the percentages based on what he felt people would accept, not what they decided later was real.

Absolutely. Wearing a mask is useless. The proof is that the states who mandated them did no better.

Sorry but that is not proof that masks are useless.

But, hey, all you gotta do is not let someone get that close and that means to be a recluse. This incessant worrying is ruining humanity.
I agree that some people are better equipped to handle the life pressures that come with being in a pandemic.

I guess this is consistent as to why you think Trump lied to his voters about how dangerous the vaccine was. Perhaps he knew Woodward was a democrat and could accept the truth?

But is that the point? You're right - it's just common sense to avoid people with a contagious virus. But in the wake of contrary scientific evidence and urgings, the CDC nevertheless issued what amounted to mandates that we adhere to what amounted to a quite arbitrary rule anyway. That's not common sense, frankly, it's just dictatorial. I don't even see it being at all defensible.
Actual mandates, or advice that you took as an actual mandate?

A president's job is to NOT frighten the public like Walensky and Fausti. You keep forgetting he insisted on a vaccine in record time.

Masks don't work....neither does social distancing, so what other than a vaccine did we have?
The vaccines that do not work and that are killing people?

Maybe the six-foot rule was based on the idea that people might obey a definite rule instead of merely being told to "Try your best to keep as far away from other people as possible. You wouldn't stand next to someone who is sneezing, would you?"

Many (most?) of us like definite (not ambiguous) guidelines in our lives.

It gives us more confidence. (Even if that confidence might be misplaced.)
IMO the virus was new. They were doing their best with whatever info they had. As the virus evolved, guidelines evolved. I truly don't get why some people don't understand that. The 6' rule was also established due to the virus being able to travel via cough, etc. Don't have an issue with it at all

Actual mandates, or advice that you took as an actual mandate?
Who said I took it? I thought it was stupid. But not so with everyone - and most municipalities in my area and around the country DID mandate it, because of the CDC.
So play with the words all you want, in the end they did issue what amounted to mandates.

1648244351233.png

IMO the virus was new. They were doing their best with whatever info they had. As the virus evolved, guidelines evolved. I truly don't get why some people don't understand that. The 6' rule was also established due to the virus being able to travel via cough, etc. Don't have an issue with it at all

He didnt understand how masks worked or how the virus 'travelled' at all.

See my sig.

Who said I took it? I thought it was stupid. But not so with everyone - and most municipalities in my area and around the country DID mandate it, because of the CDC.
So play with the words all you want, in the end they did issue what amounted to mandates.

View attachment 67382121

"amounted to."

"Please, sir, may I have a crumb of oppression?"

"These emails show the CDC forged ahead and crafted pandemic policy based on poor data – even after they've been warned old and out-of-date research was being used to support their guidelines," Caitlin Sutherland, executive director of Americans for Public Trust, told Fox News. "First, the CDC allowed teachers' unions to write the guidance on school reopenings, and now we just learned the CDC isn't publishing large portions of the COVID data it collects."

Americans for Public Trust is a Virginia-based, right-wing 501(c)(3) nonprofit with close ties to the Republican party, which has been tax exempt since 2020.[1]

APT's Ties to the Republican Party and Trump's "Stop the Steal" Efforts​

"A Center for Media and Democracy report said Americans for Public Trust "is clearly allied with the Republican Party. Caitlin Sutherland, who previously worked for GOP super PAC the Congressional Leadership Fund and the National Republican Congressional Committee, is executive director, and Nevada's former GOP attorney general, Adam Laxalt, is counsel. Last year, while working for APT, Laxalt was the Trump campaign's Nevada co-chair. Days after the election, Laxalt and the campaign asked judges to stop the vote counting there, and weeks later, Laxalt was still trying to invalidate Bidens' win in the state."[3] "

You mean the guy that s[pearheaded the vaccine? Wonder what Fausti will say next week regarding masks.
He superheaded the vaccine in the same way Gore created the internet

IMHO, the six foot rule assumes that people would not be sociopathinc enough to go out in public (stores, schools, etc) during this pandemic coughing and sneezing . The mask and the six foot rule is probably reasonable for asymptomatic folks who may actually carry covid. The coughing and sneezing can spread the virus way further than that. I heard Fauci discuss the extensive spread with couging and sneezing multiple times early pandemic

Would it prevent the spread of someone with activie covid coughing and sneezing (especially without a good mask holding back the larger droplets)? Hell no.

Back
Top Bottom