• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gee, I wonder why CNN would alter and soften the blood red background of Biden's speech?

Or, it was unintentional, and this is more right wing grievance nonsense.
Maybe the unruly mob "identified as" an insurrection.
That's exactly what they did. Have you not seen any of the video? They proudly shouted it into any camera anyone stuck in their faces. "We are stopping the election!" The internal communications of the Oathkeepers explicitly used the word "insurrection"

They were convicted of crimes like disturbing the peace, destruction of property, etc. Nobody was convicted of staging or participating in an "insurrection." Read the article you linked carefully -- "in connection with..." -- none of the convictions were for insurrection.
This is not an "out" on your part, we have all sorts of convictions of individuals, including charges of insurrection, leveled on those who participated in the insurrection on Jan 6th. You already admitted that those who participated saw themselves as insurrectionists. This is still you playing sematic games to avoid what you already admitted.

They aren't "seated." Their votes are submitted, and like the election between Hayes and Tilden in 1876, and Kennedy and Nixon in 1960 (two slates of electors for Hawaii), parties can contest the results and submit alternate slates, and the Congress can reject them. It's apparently only a crime when Trump does it, because he's not allowed to question the results.
However that isnt what happened was it...the fake electors were never officially submitted ...they were on "standby" if Pence folded and did not do his Constitutional duty.

They were convicted of crimes like disturbing the peace, destruction of property, etc. Nobody was convicted of staging or participating in an "insurrection." Read the article you linked carefully -- "in connection with..." -- none of the convictions were for insurrection.
They were.

Look - protesters routinely chanted to hang or otherwise kill Donald Trump. The "times and places" were hardly better. And, a bunch of douchebags chanting doesn't an "insurrection" make. How weak do you all think the US is? We've been hanging on a knife edge for 200+ years, anytime a group of drunken hooligans decided to take over Congress? What the fudge, man?

I remember BLM protestors doing that once, in August of 2020. Can you let me know all the other times so I can see how "routine" it was for them?

Besides the point, I want to know which staffer decided it would have been best for him to have been positioned behind the -red- instead of the -blue-. All it would take would probably be a lightbulb change.

They were.
They were not. About 1/4 were charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers, most of them were charged with entering or remaining in a restricted area, and the rest were charged with obstructing, impeding or influencing an official proceeding. You won't find "insurrection" among the convictions.

They were not. About 1/4 were charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers, most of them were charged with entering or remaining in a restricted area, and the rest were charged with obstructing, impeding or influencing an official proceeding. You won't find "insurrection" among the convictions.
Some have been charged with insurrection. I'll search it and post it.

Seditious conspiracy: 11 Oath Keepers charged in Jan. 6 riot​

WASHINGTON (AP) — Stewart Rhodes, the founder and leader of the far-right Oath Keepers militia group, and 10 other members or associates have been charged with seditious conspiracy in the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol, authorities said Thursday.

Despite hundreds of charges already brought in the year since pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol in an effort to stop the certification of President Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory, these were the first seditious conspiracy charges levied in connection with the attack on Jan. 6, 2021.

So what? It was still a failed insurrection.

Look - protesters routinely chanted to hang or otherwise kill Donald Trump. The "times and places" were hardly better. And, a bunch of douchebags chanting doesn't an "insurrection" make. How weak do you all think the US is? We've been hanging on a knife edge for 200+ years, anytime a group of drunken hooligans decided to take over Congress? What the fudge, man?
So it was all in good fun and anybody should be able to do it whenever they want to.

Got it.

I remember BLM protestors doing that once, in August of 2020. Can you let me know all the other times so I can see how "routine" it was for them?
Left wing protesters did it on Trump's inauguration day. LOL.

Notwithstanding others in the celebrity wing of the Democratic Party—Johnny Depp, Madonna, Anthony Bourdain, Kathy Griffin, the cast of New York City’s Public Theater, et. al., all of whom have made allusions for harm to come to President Trump. https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/celebrities-wished-trump-dead/ And, folks even needed to consider if it was wrong to hope he died of Covid. https://www.abc.net.au/religion/should-we-be-glad-that-trump-has-coronavirus/12732764

On August 17, 2017, Democratic Missouri state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote on her Facebook page, “I hope Trump is assassinated."

Then there’s U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, one of the putative “important voices” in the Democratic Party. At a gala for LGBT youth, she remarked, “Wow, what a moving evening this is. I’m sitting here listening, thinking, watching, absorbing . . . And with this kind of inspiration, I will go and take out Trump tonight.”

So it was all in good fun and anybody should be able to do it whenever they want to.

Got it.
Sure, I think that protesters burning politicians in effigy and chanting for their demise is a time-honored tradition. It is certainly one the Left has regularly engaged in for the last century. So, I'm not sure why you're so bunged up about it....

Left wing protesters did it on Trump's inauguration day. LOL.

Notwithstanding others in the celebrity wing of the Democratic Party—Johnny Depp, Madonna, Anthony Bourdain, Kathy Griffin, the cast of New York City’s Public Theater, et. al., all of whom have made allusions for harm to come to President Trump. https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/celebrities-wished-trump-dead/ And, folks even needed to consider if it was wrong to hope he died of Covid. https://www.abc.net.au/religion/should-we-be-glad-that-trump-has-coronavirus/12732764

On August 17, 2017, Democratic Missouri state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal wrote on her Facebook page, “I hope Trump is assassinated."

Then there’s U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, one of the putative “important voices” in the Democratic Party. At a gala for LGBT youth, she remarked, “Wow, what a moving evening this is. I’m sitting here listening, thinking, watching, absorbing . . . And with this kind of inspiration, I will go and take out Trump tonight.”

I asked about your claim that the left routinely had effigies of Trump under a guillotine. Can you back that claim up or not?

Sure, I think that protesters burning politicians in effigy and chanting for their demise is a time-honored tradition. It is certainly one the Left has regularly engaged in for the last century. So, I'm not sure why you're so bunged up about it....
Cry me a river.

Then go jump in it.

So, I'm not sure why you're so bunged up about it....
At first I thought it was so weird that you tried to draw a parallel with protests that did not attempt to overturn an election......and those that did attempt to overturn an election on Jan 6th.....but then I remembered yer MAGA.

At first I thought it was so weird that you tried to draw a parallel with protests that did not attempt to overturn an election......and those that did attempt to overturn an election on Jan 6th.....but then I remembered yer MAGA.

The only thing @MrNiceGuy regrets is the insurrectionists FAILED. That's it. Trump supporters are TERRORISTS.

Oh, for god's sake - "protests that did not attempt to overturn an election." They didn't "attempt to overturn" anything - they protested the outcome, claiming that the outcome wasn't accurate. They challenged it, and claimed it was incorrect. That's not "attempting to overturn" anymore than Hillary Clinton attempts to overturn an election when she says that Trump was illegitimate and "stole" the election in 2016.

You have zero objectivity when it comes to Trump. His supporters can't say the election was stolen, but Clinton supporters can do it for 5 solid years.

Oh, for god's sake - "protests that did not attempt to overturn an election." They didn't "attempt to overturn" anything - they protested the outcome, claiming that the outcome wasn't accurate. They challenged it, and claimed it was incorrect. That's not "attempting to overturn" anymore than Hillary Clinton attempts to overturn an election when she says that Trump was illegitimate and "stole" the election in 2016.

You have zero objectivity when it comes to Trump. His supporters can't say the election was stolen, but Clinton supporters can do it for 5 solid years.

Hillary Clinton supporters didn't storm the capitol in an attempt to get to the official votes, hang the vice president nor tear up the capitol. That was YOUR brethren and fellow terrorists that did that. Luckily your insurrection FAILED.

Even now your orange retarded hero Trump is demanding he be re-instated as president. Trump supporters continue to prove their terrorist nature.

Oh, for god's sake - "protests that did not attempt to overturn an election." They didn't "attempt to overturn" anything - they protested the outcome, claiming that the outcome wasn't accurate. They challenged it, and claimed it was incorrect.
Once again, yer having trouble with reality. I asked you earlier, how long did the attempt to stop the certification of the vote by violent means (by definition, an insurrection).......go on? How long was the process delayed? You skipped over that post, you are still in MAGA denial of the events.

That's not "attempting to overturn" anymore than Hillary Clinton attempts to overturn an election when she says that Trump was illegitimate and "stole" the election in 2016.
One person saying something is not the same has nearly 1,000 invading the Capital buildings in an attempt to stop the Constitutional process of Presidential transfer.
You have zero objectivity when it comes to Trump.
Nothing I have posted has been shown to be "subjective".

"I will supervise the prosecution of white supremacists and others who stormed the Capitol on January 6 — a heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy: the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government," Garland said.
His supporters can't say the election was stolen, but Clinton supporters can do it for 5 solid years.
We never attempted an insurrection.

Again, you admitted the MAGA insurrectionist saw themselves as insurrectionists.

See my new signature.

You will notice that you aren't changing anyone's mind with your apologetics.

They attempted to unlawfully stop the process.

no trump openly states he tried to overturn it.

the sky is no color at all checkmate

He should do all of his speeches like that, just because it freaks the MAGA crowd out.

Back
Top Bottom