• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gee, I wonder why CNN would alter and soften the blood red background of Biden's speech?

The way for Trump supporters to absolve themselves of Jan 6 is not by saying "was the problem effigies? The left brought effigies to their rallies!".

The issue isnt effigies, stupid.

With Biden's speech we've entered a new dimension that makes passe' the always glib and tripe nonsense of the PutinTrumpRowers.

PutinTrump&Rowers are the aggressors against the US Federal Republic and its Constitutional democracy.

This is not silly politics or political party partisanship. That is, emails, laptops, the dossier etc that are banal to try to promote and are long done and over with because they were always nothingburgers.

The context and circumstance of Biden's speech is democracy vs the authoritarianism of hostile domestic enemies associated with foreign hostile authoritarian rulers Trump admires.

The setting of Biden's speech was a conscious and intended statement to the enemies within who reject the Constitutional and democratic order, and to foreign hostile governments that support and egg on the Rowers.

So this will not end well for PutinTrump & Their Fiercely Loyal Rowers.

He was not speaking about political rivals. He made that clear. He was speaking about dangerous criminals, traitors, and insurrectionists out to subvert American democracy. It's OK to speak out about dangerous seditionists and enemies of American government in a a not-so-calm manner.
Exactly comrade, there are no political rivals only defenders of democracy as defined by Kim Jung Biden versus enemies of the state. It's our patriotic duty to follow the guidance of our leader to exterminate the other by any means necessary.

Everyone take a step back...

The OP is worried about color.

The OP is not worried about what the ex-president stole.

Exactly comrade, there are no political rivals only defenders of democracy as defined by Kim Jung Biden versus enemies of the state. It's our patriotic duty to follow the guidance of our leader to exterminate the other by any means necessary.
Yes! That’s why it’s OK for political parties and politicians to openly break the laws and brag about it, because going after them is always political.

Odd the things Trumpers get upset about. A red flood lit stage ....OMG. Hundreds and hundreds of classified and Top Secret documents stored in an unsecured manner at a resort........no biggie! This speech warning about a radical subset of RW'ers is nothing but a deflection ....'cause when it's all you got ...it's all you got.
LOL I never voted for Trump, so your TDS is hilarious. :ROFLMAO:

Man. One Biden speech has the Trump ball lickers in an epic hissy fit. What's wrong? Did he hit too close to home? You guys made your bed.

Dark Brandon bathed in infernal red light, the color of the Father of Lies...speaking in angry, demonic tones while saying that half of Americans must be ritually sacrificed on the altar of kommanysm...what more proof do you need, people? Does he have to give a speech from the basement of a pizzeria before we at last understand that the forces of Hell are arrayed against the True Patriots and are on the march? CLING TO YOUR GUNS AND BIBLES AND RISE, FOR THE TRIBULATION IS UPON US!

(covfefe)

Idk

I don't pay much attention to mood lighting.

Should I?

But, they were insurrectionists, they committed insurrection. They tried to stop a constitutional transfer of power.

Uh, you didn't watch the speech, he targeted MAGA's, they are not half anything, let alone with half a brain.

But keep on showing us how MAGA you are.

PS, anytime you want to show how I, an atheist, "worships" anything....or for matter. anyone, go ahead and post it.
They werent' insurrectionists. They were a mob of protesters run amok. That's all they were.

And I did watch the speech, more than once. He targeted Trump supporters. And his imagery and delivery was bizarre.

I don't care what you think of MAGA. You can keep pretending that your support for a 50 year career politician and war criminal, and complete and total liar, who is a tool of the pharmaceutical industry, the military industrial complex, and the intelligence community, is somehow better than MAGA....

And I am an atheist as well, so don't bother lecturing me on atheism.

Idk

I don't pay much attention to mood lighting.

Should I?
You would if Trump delivered that speech with that imagery. The only reason you don't pay much attention now is that it's Biden.

Man. One Biden speech has the Trump ball lickers in an epic hissy fit. What's wrong? Did he hit too close to home? You guys made your bed.
Today's WSJ article hit the nail on the head describing Biden's angry speech as satirizing "Get Smart".
But....Trump was also dumb for responding to the bait.

Biden’s Speech Casts Him as Maxwell Smart

Trump stars as Mr. Big, bringing KAOS to America. Sorry about that, Chief.​

By Gregg Opelka
Sept. 6, 2022 12:37 pm ET
Joe Biden’s “Soul of America” speech is said to have been inspired by the popular historian Jon Meacham, who used that phrase as the title of a 2018 book. But I think the president owes a debt to Mel Brooks and Buck Henry. His speech reminded me of nothing so much as “Mr. Big,” their 1965 pilot episode of the spy satire sitcom “Get Smart!”.
Mr. Big, an agent of the evil spy organization KAOS, threatens to destroy the U.S. city by city using a device called the “inthermo ray,” capable of “converting heat waves into immense destructive power.” KAOS has stolen the inthermo and kidnapped its inventor, Prof. Hugo Dante. (Dante’s inthermo—get it?) Maxwell Smart, agent 86 of the top-secret counterespionage organization CONTROL, is assigned to the case. “Mr. Big must be stopped before he goes any further,” Max’s boss, known only as “The Chief,” tells him urgently.

You can see the parallel: Donald Trump is Mr. Big, “MAGA Republicans” are KAOS, and Mr. Biden is in CONTROL. The Chief warns: “Max, this is a big one. The fate of our entire nation may depend on it.” Mr. Biden: “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.”
Mr. Big plans to start by destroying the Statue of Liberty. As Max puts it: “So that’s their target. Miss Liberty herself!” “We, the people,” Mr. Biden intoned, “have burning inside of each of us the flame of liberty that was lit here at Independence Hall. . . . That sacred flame still burns.”

1662570135027.png

They werent' insurrectionists. They were a mob of protesters run amok. That's all they were.
Some were and their trails start soon. However, I agree most weren't. The real insurrectionists were in the WH plotting how to stay in power in contravention of the Constitution.

Some were and their trails start soon. However, I agree most weren't. The real insurrectionists were in the WH plotting how to stay in power in contravention of the Constitution.
Again, that's nonsense. They were plotting how to challenge the popular vote counts and challenge the electors. That's not unusual, and it's not illegal. Every election involves challenges to various electoral votes, and the House votes on them. They have the power to invalidate electoral slates.

You've bought the narrative that the Democrats sold which is that 2020 was proven to be completely valid and that no rightful objection to any votes could be made, and that no fraud occurred, so anyone who said the election was stolen was a traitor and attacking Democracy. However, in 2016, the Democrats claimed the election was "stolen" by Donald Trump and he was an illegitimate President because he stole the election by colluding with the Russians. Yet, for some reason, saying that - even though the 2016 election was no more proven to be invalid than 2020 - it's fine for Democrats to say that, but not fine for Republicans to challenge 2020.

They werent' (sic) insurrectionists.
You already undercut this argument with your own realization:

Maybe the unruly mob "identified as" an insurrection.
You recognized the the insurrectionists identified themselves as insurrectionists.

I think this concludes the point.

QED

Again, that's nonsense. They were plotting how to challenge the popular vote counts and challenge the electors. That's not unusual, and it's not illegal. Every election involves challenges to various electoral votes, and the House votes on them. They have the power to invalidate electoral slates.
Not after the elections are Constitutionally certified by the States. At that point it is over. There is no provision to replace them during the official count. Eastman and Trump we're advised by WH counsel that what they were doing was illegal and a grand jury is currently hearing evidence. The judge who refused Eastmans request said there was potential evidence of criminal wrong doing.
You've bought the narrative that the Democrats sold which is that 2020 was proven to be completely valid and that no rightful objection to any votes could be made, and that no fraud occurred, so anyone who said the election was stolen was a traitor and attacking Democracy. However, in 2016, the Democrats claimed the election was "stolen" by Donald Trump and he was an illegitimate President because he stole the election by colluding with the Russians. Yet, for some reason, saying that - even though the 2016 election was no more proven to be invalid than 2020 - it's fine for Democrats to say that, but not fine for Republicans to challenge 2020.
You would be wrong about that. I have zero problem with court challenges challenging results or votes. However, when States Constitutionally certify an election and seat the electors it's over! Losers can whine all they want but it's over and interfering with the peaceful transfer of power is unacceptable....or should be.

BTW. What do you think about the fake GA elector, who also happens to be an election officer, letting unauthorized individuals access to the voting machines after the election and the very day they were tampered with? Guess that's OK too!

I watched it live, buddy. You can't gaslight me. He looked angry because that was the kind of speech this was - angry, hostile, insulting, and loaded with complete ****ing bullshit. The speech was ugly. And it was meant to be ugly.

I guess your answer implies exactly why CNN would alter and "doctor" the imagery, so as to make it seem less disturbing and bizarre. Right? That is why they DOCTORED the images - to help Joe Biden not look so bizarre....
Aww did he hurt your feelings?

Aww did he hurt your feelings?
Not one MAGAt has tried to prove Biden wrong.
Haven't heard anyone go "I do believe in democracy." And provide examples.
Of course they can't, because they truly believe the election was rigged and stolen (anti democracy)
Instead, they call Biden "Hitler".

blah blah blah blah blah - nothing of substance in your posts.
Hopefully, upon self-reflection, you will see the irony of this^ post, and, for your sake, not do it again, as to save yourself further embarrassment going forward.

Back
Top Bottom