• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Full rights for a embryo

If an embryo is going to be considered a person, then it would be a dependent.
If this is going to be a thing, can someone let me know ASAP? I would like to go to an invitro clinic and have whatever remaining eggs I may have left harvested, fertilized and placed in deep freeze. I can then claim them n my taxes. Who knows, with 20 babies, I may even qualify for welfare and free medical!

From the moment of conception should a embryo receive all the exact same rights as any born child?

Sure. No born child has the right to violate someone's right to body autonomy, so neither does a fetus.

No. Rights and responsibilities change with the age of a person even after birth. The part of RvW ‘clarification’ which is often ignored is that it too made distinctions based on time (age?) from conception until (natural) birth.
Before birth there is no “person”.

There's no reason to kill the baby if it can be safely transported to an artificial womb. At that point a human is dying needlessly.
There is no “baby” involved.

Before birth there is no “person”.
In many states, murdering a pregnant female will get you double homicide. Late term abortions many times have a crying baby. The d&c(dissect the body so it won't be born alive. Many human beings born a 5 1/2 months are alive today as children, yet in some states, that "blob of cells"(aren't we all) can have a metal probe stuck in it's head to suck the brains out to extinguish the life.

In many states, murdering a pregnant female will get you double homicide. Late term abortions many times have a crying baby. The d&c(dissect the body so it won't be born alive. Many human beings born a 5 1/2 months are alive today as children, yet in some states, that "blob of cells"(aren't we all) can have a metal probe stuck in it's head to suck the brains out to extinguish the life.

In some states - it varies from state to state, & the exact definition of fetus, timing & etc. vary considerably.

Late term abortions - are very rare. & by law, AFAIK, the fetus is already dead, or is killed before the abortion. There are I believe all of 5 doctors in the US licensed for the procedure. The procedure is very risky, & not undertaken lightly.

Unless you have sources that say otherwise?

There is more misinformation and propaganda in here than in the usual 3 hour Rush Limbaugh program. Come back when you can give responsible sources for what you post.

Your post is a mix of part/half truths, and fantasy.

Post proof (w/links) and we can go from there.

You want socialized medicine?

I don't care what it's called as long as there is affordable health insurance for everybody. Never mind the cruelty of denying people the medical help when they need it the insanity of not having a healthy citizenry is stupidity to the maximum degree.

The vision of McConnell laughing when Amy McGrath chides him about holding up aid for sick and struggling people is out of a horror film. What have we become?????

From the moment of conception should a embryo receive all the exact same rights as any born child?
Im indifferent but this is a good question to ask.
Its s pandoras box but your question is a fair starting point

In some states - it varies from state to state, & the exact definition of fetus, timing & etc. vary considerably.

Late term abortions - are very rare. & by law, AFAIK, the fetus is already dead, or is killed before the abortion. There are I believe all of 5 doctors in the US licensed for the procedure. The procedure is very risky, & not undertaken lightly.

By law the fetus is given lethal/anesthetic injection and must be dead before the procedure. All such late term abortions are for medical reasons...woman or fetus.

What do sadists want...the woman, who WANTED a baby if it's this late in her pregnancy and is grieving...to go thru more pain and internal damage by not breaking up the dead fetus? :rolleyes:

I don't care what it's called as long as there is affordable health insurance for everybody. Never mind the cruelty of denying people the medical help when they need it the insanity of not having a healthy citizenry is stupidity to the maximum degree.

The vision of McConnell laughing when Amy McGrath chides him about holding up aid for sick and struggling people is out of a horror film. What have we become?????
I don’t want socialized medicine. I want affordable healthcare for all Americans, and assistance for those Americans in financial crisis. No individual American, or American family, should ever be without healthcare.

Trumpism has mainstreamed abhorrent language and behavior. Pretense is discarded and true rottenness is on full display. Unfortunately, McConnell will likely keep his seat, but many other Trumpster trolls will be chased back under their bridges.

Your post is a mix of part/half truths, and fantasy.

Post proof (w/links) and we can go from there.
AHH, the answer of all liberals. They don't respond to a point with a link, just prove it! Prove me wrong.

Yeah its great.

AHH, the answer of all liberals. They don't respond to a point with a link, just prove it! Prove me wrong.
Debating your hyperbolic assertions is a waste of time. Post supported actual facts and we can go from there.

I don’t want socialized medicine. I want affordable healthcare for all Americans, and assistance for those Americans in financial crisis. No individual American, or American family, should ever be without healthcare.

Trumpism has mainstreamed abhorrent language and behavior. Pretense is discarded and true rottenness is on full display. Unfortunately, McConnell will likely keep his seat, but many other Trumpster trolls will be chased back under their bridges.
Trumpism has mainstreamed abhorrent language and behavior. Do you have any links to prove that lie?

Back
Top Bottom