• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Full rights for a embryo

vegas giants

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From the moment of conception should a embryo receive all the exact same rights as any born child?

From the moment of conception should a embryo receive all the exact same rights as any born child?

In the wild during times of high stress the embryo or fetus is dispensable, often spontaneously aborted in order to save the female's life and the life of the young she may have with her. Nature is preserving the species by saving the already born.

In the human species some idiot created a man God that demands production of unwanted children, weakening the species and irritating all the females who know Nature is smarter than God.

If it cannot relatively safely and easily be physically separated from the person it is attached to, then its rights cannot be either.
Well said.

Point in fact, the unborn have zero rights that they can exercise independently, not even a right to life. They are wholly physiologically intertwined with the woman (who can exercise all her rights while gestating). This is pretty hard evidence that the unborn are not equal to born people. So thus, they do not deserve equal legal status.

IRL, such individuals that require life support also have their rights subordinated to their legal representatives...up to and including ending that life support.

Blacks and women, even before we were recognized as having equal status, were always capable of exercising their/our rights...and did so to some extent. This is not possible for the unborn.

No. Rights and responsibilities change with the age of a person even after birth. The part of RvW ‘clarification’ which is often ignored is that it too made distinctions based on time (age?) from conception until (natural) birth.

This issue will probably be solved or at least heavily impacted by technology. Once we can transport the baby to an artificial womb it changes things.

This issue will probably be solved or at least heavily impacted by technology. Once we can transport the baby to an artificial womb it changes things.

Not much unless the consent of the (potential) mother Is not required.

Not much unless the consent of the (potential) mother Is not required.

There's no reason to kill the baby if it can be safely transported to an artificial womb. At that point a human is dying needlessly.

"A embryo?"

We can safely stow decrying redneck speak now. It's no longer a ephelant in the room.

There's no reason to kill the baby if it can be safely transported to an artificial womb. At that point a human is dying needlessly.

Who will pay for all of this? Who e we I’ll raise the child?

We do not suffer from a lack of humans.

That's not a reason to kill humans needlessly. The health and rights of the mother are a good and complicated excuse. Once that excuse is gone there is no reason to kill babies. That shit is just evil at that point and I will proudly march with religious righties that stand opposed to it.

That's not a reason to kill humans needlessly. The health and rights of the mother are a good and complicated excuse. Once that excuse is gone there is no reason to kill babies. That shit is just evil at that point and I will proudly march with religious righties that stand opposed to it.

I’m far from convinced that having more wards of the state is better.

Someone, probably the person paying, is going to care.

So we should kill them when we don't have to because it'll save money? Why not start killing disabled people too?

People die every day in this country from a lack of healthcare.

Yeah and that's not okay either, but even that is different than actually killing somebody.

There is no reason to force women to stay pregnant when they don't want to be. It's up to each woman who is pregnant to decide for herself whether or not to continue a pregnancy, not you or anyone else. And I think forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will is as evil as it gets.

I’m far from convinced that having more wards of the state is better.

Your argument is evil. If it ever comes to that I will stand with whoever stands opposed to it.

There is no reason to force women to stay pregnant when they don't want to be. It's up to each woman who is pregnant to decide for herself whether or not to continue a pregnancy, not you or anyone else. And I think forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will is as evil as it gets.

You are not keeping up with the conversation. We are talking about a scenario where the baby can be relocated and kept alive in an artificial womb without the mother.

Back
Top Bottom