• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Full rights for a embryo

You consider a 'religious pro-life' site a real source? No wonder you are so misinformed.

By law the fetus is given lethal/anesthetic injection and must be dead before the procedure. All such late term abortions are for medical reasons...woman or fetus.

What do you want...the woman, who WANTED a baby if it's this late in her pregnancy and is grieving...to go thru more pain and internal damage by not breaking up the dead fetus? Please answer, yes or no?

Even so, those are rare. 97.5% of all abortions take place early, the unborn is raspberry-sized or smaller, and it consists of flushing the unborn painlessly from the womb.

If you have other objections to abortion fine...but they are done painlessly and humanely and they are completely unaware. Now that you know this, I hope you wont continue to spread lies about the issue just to impose your agenda on others.

The US Conference of Catholic Bishops has dogma that they have to follow, or be excommunicated (or worse). Do you have any links from a third party, or disinterested experts, on the subjects @ hand?
Sorry, if you want a link that agrees with you and nothing else, no I don't have that slanted low IQ link.

Southwest88 said:
The US Conference of Catholic Bishops has dogma that they have to follow, or be excommunicated (or worse). Do you have any links from a third party, or disinterested experts, on the subjects @ hand?

Sorry, if you want a link that agrees with you and nothing else, no I don't have that slanted low IQ link.

See the bolded in the first quote above. I didn't ask for a link that agrees with me.

Southwest88 said:

See the bolded in the first quote above. I didn't ask for a link that agrees with me.
You see, the typical left response to anything is:
1 Prove it
2. Your link is worthless
3. I will believe what I think and anything to the contrary is a lie or biased. It's so predictable, it's funny So I add left leaning site. But min are valid. LOL

In many states, murdering a pregnant female will get you double homicide.

Yet, abortion remains legal.

Late term abortions many times have a crying baby.

Incorrect.

The d&c(dissect the body so it won't be born alive.

D&C is Dilation and Curettage. This is a procedure used in many non-abortion gynecological surgeries. D&C is not done for abortion very often - the typical procedure for early term surgical abortion is Vacuum Aspiration.

Many human beings born a 5 1/2 months are alive today as children, yet in some states, that "blob of cells"(aren't we all) can have a metal probe stuck in it's head to suck the brains out to extinguish the life.

Incorrect. The D&X (Intact Dilation & Extraction) procedure was banned by George W Bush.

Level of consciousness is the only predictor of rights.

You consider a 'religious pro-life' site a real source? No wonder you are so misinformed.

By law the fetus is given lethal/anesthetic injection and must be dead before the procedure. All such late term abortions are for medical reasons...woman or fetus.

What do you want...the woman, who WANTED a baby if it's this late in her pregnancy and is grieving...to go thru more pain and internal damage by not breaking up the dead fetus? Please answer, yes or no?

Even so, those are rare. 97.5% of all abortions take place early, the unborn is raspberry-sized or smaller, and it consists of flushing the unborn painlessly from the womb.

If you have other objections to abortion fine...but they are done painlessly and humanely and they are completely unaware. Now that you know this, I hope you wont continue to spread lies about the issue just to impose your agenda on others.
Not talking about your unlinked no proof percentage. Address the one aborted at almost 6 months, when there are many people alive that have been able to survive being "BORN" at almost 6 months. Why focus on the "small baby" to make things sound good. Well let's talk about the others.

Not talking about your unlinked no proof percentage. Address the one aborted at almost 6 months, when there are many people alive that have been able to survive being "BORN" at almost 6 months. Why focus on the "small baby" to make things sound good. Well let's talk about the others.

How many elective abortions take place at six months?

Many human beings born a 5 1/2 months are alive today as children,out to extinguish the life.
I'll let some one else deal with your misinformation about D&C, late term abortions and the little frisson of excitement that zips up and down your spine when you discuss "metal probe stuck in it's head to suck the brains out to extinguish the life."

You are wrong about survival of lots of adults born at 22 weeks + 3 days. At the very best clinics for pregnancies that will end in premature births the survival rate is 15%. In the average hospital the survival rate is 2%. And most that survive are significantly handicapped in some way. If you are going to be against abortion try and get your facts straight. If I can find the information so can you. Do you ever do a search before you start pounding the keys? Ever?

Abstract
Our aim was to evaluate the literature on survival and major disability rate in preterm infants born at 22- 25 weeks of gestational age (GA). Thirty-three studies were identified and reviewed. Survival was lower in population-based studies (2% at 22, 13% at 23, 35% at 24, and 56% at 25 weeks) than in center-based study (15% at 22, 41% at 23, 58% at 24, and 74% at 25 weeks). The severe disability rate was slightly higher in population-based studies than in center-based studies at 23 (29 vs. 32%) and at 24 (30 vs. 27%) week of GA, whereas it was similar in population and center-based studies at 25 (21 vs. 22%) weeks of GA. Survival rate seems to improve with time, whereas the change of severe disability rate cannot be adequately evaluated due to the paucity of available data. We conclude that the survival of infants born at 22 weeks is still an uncommon event, whereas the survival of infants born at 23, and mostly at 24 and 25 weeks of GA is significant in the majority of studies. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19591570/

So we should kill them when we don't have to because it'll save money? Why not start killing disabled people too?

We trade dollars for lives every single day. As one trivial example in every car design there’s a trade off of dollars for lives. Hell the mere fact that we have cars is a dollars for lives calculation.

???? They dont occur. I cant provide numbers for something that doesnt happen.

6 months = approx viabilty. No such elective abortions occur. No Dr is required to perform them either. If they occur that late, they are for medical reasons.

If you disagree, prove it. Show the data. Otherwise, you are wrong.

97.5% of all abortions are early....when the raspberry sized or smaller unborn are flushed painlessly and unaware from the womb. If you are going to cherry pick 'almost' for a time period...let's face it...elective abortion is legal and a woman decides based on her needs. What would you like to 'talk' about?

The majority of abortions in 2016 took place early in gestation: 91.0% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (7.7%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (1.2%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation.

Source: The CDC. Click the Abortion bookmark

Last edited:
???? They dont occur. I cant provide numbers for something that doesnt happen.

6 months = approx viabilty. No such elective abortions occur. No Dr is required to perform them either. If they occur that late, they are for medical reasons.

If you disagree, prove it. Show the data. Otherwise, you are wrong.

97.5% of all abortions are early....when the raspberry sized or smaller unborn are flushed painlessly and unaware from the womb. If you are going to cherry pick 'almost' for a time period...let's face it...elective abortion is legal and a woman decides based on her needs. What would you like to 'talk' about?

Source: The CDC. Click the Abortion bookmark
6 months = approx viabilty. No such elective abortions occur. https://www.businessinsider.com/latest-point-in-pregnancy-you-can-get-abortion-in-50-states-2019-5 you are wrong again as usual.

I'll let some one else deal with your misinformation about D&C, late term abortions and the little frisson of excitement that zips up and down your spine when you discuss "metal probe stuck in it's head to suck the brains out to extinguish the life."

You are wrong about survival of lots of adults born at 22 weeks + 3 days. At the very best clinics for pregnancies that will end in premature births the survival rate is 15%. In the average hospital the survival rate is 2%. And most that survive are significantly handicapped in some way. If you are going to be against abortion try and get your facts straight. If I can find the information so can you. Do you ever do a search before you start pounding the keys? Ever?

Abstract
Our aim was to evaluate the literature on survival and major disability rate in preterm infants born at 22- 25 weeks of gestational age (GA). Thirty-three studies were identified and reviewed. Survival was lower in population-based studies (2% at 22, 13% at 23, 35% at 24, and 56% at 25 weeks) than in center-based study (15% at 22, 41% at 23, 58% at 24, and 74% at 25 weeks). The severe disability rate was slightly higher in population-based studies than in center-based studies at 23 (29 vs. 32%) and at 24 (30 vs. 27%) week of GA, whereas it was similar in population and center-based studies at 25 (21 vs. 22%) weeks of GA. Survival rate seems to improve with time, whereas the change of severe disability rate cannot be adequately evaluated due to the paucity of available data. We conclude that the survival of infants born at 22 weeks is still an uncommon event, whereas the survival of infants born at 23, and mostly at 24 and 25 weeks of GA is significant in the majority of studies. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19591570/
[/QUOTE
And I said almost 6 months. Not 22 weeks that you seem to want to focus on the level with a lower survival rate. Even if I used your stats, my statement is correct that at almost 6 months, you have a survival rate (according to you) is 74% Thanks for the help.

I said no elective abortions occur of healthy, viable fetuses (unless medical need). That's ~24 weeks.

I said your attempt to move the hashmarks by 2 weeks, is BS without further support for cherry picking from you.

I provided a link and quote that shows you're wrong. Your link didnt say what you claim...(I think you are attempting to show that women do abort healthy, viable fetuses.) If so, you'll have to quote it from the article I didnt see it.

And if it shows women have elective abortions at 22 weeks, I didnt see that either. It's possible but women know by then that they want an abortion or not. The only reason women wait to have abortions that late is because they dont have access to it. Some states have only 1 faciitly left. And they are very large states. So women have to save $$$ to travel, stay overnight, for transportation, perhaps miss work, childcare for kids they already have...most women that have abortions already have at least 1 kid...etc etc etc. The harder states make it to access abortion, the longer it takes for women to get them.

So...let's see the data or quotes that prove YOUR statements...you post meant nothing...you have to show your work.

Back
Top Bottom