• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

French flag tribute to Pope sparks left-wing anger

shuamort said:
Here ya go. AND it's a video clip. A delicious, delicious video clip.

Yep! Hannity lies and spews hate- yet people listen to him, watch him and buy his books and his cr*p. Just like Rush, one lie after another. He*l the right, which is suppose to be "morally superior" loves that lying drug addict. Explain that one to me?

RightatNYU said:
Right. Any time I disagree with you saying something like, oh, I don't know, "Because I had a bad experience, that means nobody else must have gotten anything good out of it," that must be because I'm a foul young man.

No, it's because you belittle the suffering of others

RightatNYU said:
Did you just compare the Holocause and Slavery to the Vatican's disapproval of lifestyles that they don't find acceptable? Last time I checked, if you didn't want to follow the Vatican's rules, you didn't have to. Or can you tell me when the Christapo came to your house and killed your family?

You try dumping the catholic church if you live in a rural devout community or you have a family that will think you're evil if you dare to think differently. The Christapo are more subtle than to burst into your home, although your parish priest will come in as if he has an undisputable right to lecture you on family living (like he'd know) and come to think of it, the last Pope Pious was friends with Hitler and Mussolini.

Urethra Franklin said:
No, it's because you belittle the suffering of others

You try dumping the catholic church if you live in a rural devout community or you have a family that will think you're evil if you dare to think differently. The Christapo are more subtle than to burst into your home, although your parish priest will come in as if he has an undisputable right to lecture you on family living (like he'd know) and come to think of it, the last Pope Pious was friends with Hitler and Mussolini.

I recently saw a photo of some priests giving the “Heil Hitler” salute with several Nazi officers, arms extended at half mass- all smiles, all around. Pretty disturbing stuff if you ask me. I wouldn’t have thought either group would of had anything to do with either. I always thought the Nazi’s were antireligious- kind of anti-church. And I just naturally would of thought the church would of been against the Nazi’s. But?

Since when is calling someone an asshole, vile and hateful? I went through the 15 examples of Hannity “lies”. That is pretty sad , if that is the best you can come up with. It isn’t any different than any other left/right view of a situation.
This was on Meet the Press:
Audio clip played:
MR. CROSBY NOYES (Washington Evening Star): Mr. Kerry, you said at one time or another that you think our policies in Vietnam are tantamount to genocide and that the responsibility lies at all chains of command over there. Do you consider that you personally as a Naval officer committed atrocities in Vietnam or crimes punishable by law in this country?

SEN. KERRY: There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.
When Russet asks him about it in 2001, he tries to back pedal on what he said. He knew then he was going to run for President in 2004.
MR. RUSSERT: Thirty years later, you stand by that?

SEN. KERRY: I don't stand by the genocide. I think those were the words of an angry young man. We did not try to do that. But I do stand by the description--I don't even believe there is a purpose served in the word "war criminal." I really don't. But I stand by the rest of what happened over there, Tim.
Source

If I had time I could go through each of your claims individually, and prove it is the left that is full of lies, and you are all just mind numbed robots. Case in point, the Clinton recession the left claims never happened.
The first major article posted on the Media Matters website is an attempted exposé of the often-heard conservative claim that the last economic recession began during the Clinton administration — or, in other words, that it was already underway when George W. Bush took office in 2001. The article painstakingly traces the history of this claim through numerous statements by Bush administration officials and conservative commentators, presenting all this as a "successful three-and-a-half year media campaign" that has led to polling results showing "62% of Americans think the recession began under Clinton."
The claim that the last recession started under Clinton is absolutely true. To deny this is not only to blame Bush for a problem he didn't cause, but to deprive him of the credit for fixing it with effective policies — which is exactly why the Left is so eager in this case. Here, however, are the facts:
Source

:applaud
Good work, Squawker. The link I had, had Hannity using a video clip that didn't have the quote that he was actually referring to. Which made Hannity look like he was lying. The audio quote that was listed in your link did actually have Kerry say that (for all intents and purposes, verbatim). Good spin stoppage.

Pacridge said:
I recently saw a photo of some priests giving the “Heil Hitler” salute with several Nazi officers, arms extended at half mass- all smiles, all around. Pretty disturbing stuff if you ask me. I wouldn’t have thought either group would of had anything to do with either. I always thought the Nazi’s were antireligious- kind of anti-church. And I just naturally would of thought the church would of been against the Nazi’s. But?

The church endeared itself to the Nazis when they turned a blind eye to the deportation of Italian Jews under their own window. They even sat passively by and watched their own converts, many who had converted from Judaism to Catholicism many generations ago, be dragged off to the death camps. Papal condemnation would have sent out political shockwaves, but they chose to stay silent, fearing the Nazis would would plunder the church's wealth. After the war the Vatican helped many Nazi war criminals escape to South America.

Urethra Franklin said:
The church endeared itself to the Nazis when they turned a blind eye to the deportation of Italian Jews under their own window. They even sat passively by and watched their own converts, many who had converted from Judaism to Catholicism many generations ago, be dragged off to the death camps. Papal condemnation would have sent out political shockwaves, but they chose to stay silent, fearing the Nazis would would plunder the church's wealth. After the war the Vatican helped many Nazi war criminals escape to South America.

Well, that must have been with the blessing of god himself as the Pope, we are told, is infallible.

Squawker said:
If I had time I could go through each of your claims individually, and prove it is the left that is full of lies, and you are all just mind numbed robots. Case in point, the Clinton recession the left claims never happened.

Source
May I remind you all, once again, that the Clinton recession, as you call it, was caused by no leftist economic policy. It was Clinton's 'third way', conservative economic policy that took us into recession, and now Bush is doing his damndest to worsen the economic situation by greatly increasing the Nat'l debt. I can't understand why conservatives keep bringing up the Clinton caused recession and then claim that conservatism is superior to liberalism. It was a conservative, pro-business economic policy!

Naughty Nurse said:
But French law has changed since those other Popes died. If we want historical consistency we could burn some witches. If we want legal consistency they shouldn't lower their flags.

No. He was the head of the Vatican City State. They lower their flags to deceased heads of state with which they are friendly.

Ex: King Olaf V,
Emperor Hirohito

The Pope was more than just the head of the Catholic Church.

Back
Top Bottom